PDA

View Full Version : tennis???? what else?

FREDDY
03-11-2005, 09:25 PM
what else do you do besides tennis? im in high school and it sucks.

MegacedU
03-11-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm also in high school and my team sucks. Let's see where do I begin. I ski and have for the majority of my life. I used to be pretty into basketball before I broke and Dislocated the same finger in the same night. Last year, I played lacrosse which was essentially boot camp. The games were fun but it was 3+ miles everyday to run and I'm not exagerating. I didn't play this year because I broke my shoulder blade playing last year and my tennis hasn't been the same since.

So this spring it's a whole lotta nothing. College searching, SAT taking, and AP College Board exam taking. It should be interesting. Try out for lacrosse, it'll keep you in crazy good shape for tennis.

(Waaaait a minute. Around here Boy's tennis is in the spring. So why aren't you doing that - or are you. I'm also assuming you're a guy. I'm sorry I'm so sleep deprived.)

Baseline Basher
03-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Halo 2. Lots and lots of that.

bc-05
03-11-2005, 11:42 PM
this megaced chick.. sounds like pwoahhhhhh very active person.. now im starting to get a feeling she probably could beat me in a wrestling match :(

thejackal
03-12-2005, 07:10 AM
I play hockey on my High School team, we just won regionals, huah!

MegacedU
03-12-2005, 10:21 AM
this megaced chick.. sounds like pwoahhhhhh very active person.. now im starting to get a feeling she probably could beat me in a wrestling match :(

No :( I couldn't. I'm one to be dominated as you can tell by my many injuries. I'm just bubbly and like to get rid of my excess energy.

I'll tell you a secret, a lot of the boys who play lacrosse at my school have been blessed with favorable genetics. Sometimes we got to run with the boys. It was fun - sometimes.

Noelle
03-12-2005, 10:25 AM
I used to be pretty into basketball before I broke and Dislocated the same finger in the same night. Last year, I played lacrosse which was essentially boot camp. The games were fun but it was 3+ miles everyday to run and I'm not exagerating. I didn't play this year because I broke my shoulder blade playing last year and my tennis hasn't been the same since.
Ouch!

To the OP, if you're talking tennis on a school team, I don't play for my school (not good enough, AND not young enough). Aside from tennis, I... uh... I study. Yeah, I study. :)

EDIT: Hm, I'm sleep-deprived. I completely forgot that I play badminton as well, and swim whenever I have the opportunity to do so.

And BTW I'm not in high school anymore (probably am older than some of the people posting in this thread, too).

Prince_of_Tennis
03-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Man I do a lot of stuff lets see where do i begin... I'll list...
- Bowl
- Pool
- Volleyball
- Basketball
- Badminton
- Soccer
- Baseball/Softball
- Football
- If I have time I will study =)

lemurballs
03-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Tennis, school, work, and whiskey.

tennisboy87
03-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Tennis pretty much takes up my whole life. Right now, I've got high school season starting, so I've got team practice during the week. I also hit extra on some nights after practice as well. Besides tennis, I've got school (which has been tough since I've been hit bad with a case of senioritis). I've also been doing a lot of college searching, and I've been on visits to the schools I'm interested in (Saint Louis University, Bradley University, Valparaiso University, Indiana State University, Truman State University, and University of St. Francis). The last thing that takes up my time is teaching tennis in clinics for all different ages at a local club.

Z-Man
03-12-2005, 07:46 PM
Wow, I feel bad for you guys, being in High School does suck. However, working all day kind of sucks too. So does getting old and having your body fall apart. When I'm not playing tennis or being a total dork posting on this board I play in a band.

Fatmike
03-13-2005, 07:18 AM
I play ice hockey once a week, play tennis 3 to 5 tiems a week and work the rest of the time...

I'm an accountant and work from 8 to 5 all week days

check my company' site

www.innergex.com

MegacedU
03-13-2005, 12:25 PM
I've also been doing a lot of college searching, and I've been on official visits to the schools I'm interested in (Creighton, Valparaiso, St Francis, and Lipscomb).

Careful, the next time you misspell something our fellow posters might try to tell you that you're not going to college. Haha, make sure you revise and edit every post every time - since apparently that's the "en vogue" thing to do.

tennis ace
03-13-2005, 04:03 PM
my life right now is girls, tennis, sadly band and school.

Scheiner
03-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Tennis, School, Hanging out with friends, Skateboarding once in a while, Listen to music (you take my music away, I will slash you... jk), and basically everything I enjoy.

tennisboy87
03-14-2005, 06:00 PM
Careful, the next time you misspell something our fellow posters might try to tell you that you're not going to college. Haha, make sure you revise and edit every post every time - since apparently that's the "en vogue" thing to do.

Thanks for the heads up. This is going to sound really bad, but what did I misspell? I looked at my post again, and silly me doesn't see what word I spelled wrong.

MegacedU
03-14-2005, 07:02 PM
LOL you didn't spell anything wrong, or at least I didn't catch it. I was being facetious. In another thread I was talking about college and a I misspelled a word and someone pointed it out and suggested I wouldn't get in to the college I want to go to. But no, your spellings are fine.

ShooterMcMarco
03-14-2005, 10:47 PM
poker, other sports like basketball, swimming and weight training. i love cars, hanging out with friends or my folks, watching tv (mainly other sports, and some WB shows). surfing the web, reading forums. oh yea, and eating.

tennisboy87
03-15-2005, 06:22 PM
Oh, ok. I got you. I was going crazy because I couldn't figure out what I spelled wrong. I wouldn't worry too much about what others here say. They get on everybody for the stupidest little things. I guess it's easier for them to take their frustrations out on someone on the Internet than doing it face to face with a person. Just take a lot of the things they say with a grain of salt.