PDA

View Full Version : RDX500 MP vs Mid

ffrpg
03-11-2005, 09:31 PM
I hate to start another RDX500 thread, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the RDX500 MID vs the RDX500 MP. It seems like the majority of people own the MP verison. I've been playing with mid-sized racquets for awhile now, but I wouldn't mind changing to a MP frame. There seems to be a lot of talk about this racquet, it will most likely be my next racquet.

BLiND
03-12-2005, 02:38 AM
Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid Mid

james_R
03-12-2005, 02:44 AM
I've had both back to back, currently the mid. Why? Not really any less power, still a reasonable sweet spot, slightly more stable, less harsh on mishits, better shot direction control. And oh yes, a little more manouverable as well despite the slight 10gram increase in weight. But that's just me.

tennis ace
03-13-2005, 04:37 PM
i prefer the mid plus. you can get crazy topspin with that racquet. if you are a baseline player you should get the midplus.

Alley Cat
03-13-2005, 06:02 PM
I've played with both and much prefer the mid. Super feel, good power, and great control. (watch out for the head size **** though with this thread :) )

NoBadMojo
03-13-2005, 06:11 PM
you never were funny or even mildly entertaining Alley Cat with your sneaky snide little remarks...too bad you get all bent up over some of my posts especially when i sure dont recall ever doing anything to you or even addressing you in any posts..you need to get off this.it's cowardly and mean.

Alley Cat
03-13-2005, 06:36 PM
NBM, I apologize for any percieved "mean spiritedness" on my part. While I agree with a majority of your posts (and only disagree with a very small few...head size, Yonex, etc.), I meant you no disrespect with the earlier post. My bad.

NoBadMojo
03-13-2005, 06:52 PM
it's no bg deal but you go around the board doing stuff like this to me in sneaky ways and i find it less than acceptable and i've ignored it long enough now. in the process of taking alot of heat from disgruntled rdxMid and other Mid users, some of the posters have thanked me for getting them out of a small headed frame that is too demanding for them..i was essentially doing all along what the manufacturer says and what TW says, that mid sized frames are for more advanced players, but alot of mid sized users seem to think they have way more wisdom than TW and the Manufacturer..i havent encountered a single lesson in perhaps 3 years who was using a mid sized frame who should have been, and who wouldnt be playing better T with a frame more matched to their abilities..furtermore only one 5.5 i have played within that time was using a mid..actually it is a 95headsize and he def should be having won national 45's events. i will just assume you are another disgruntled RDXMid user and call it a day. and lots of people agree with me that the rdxMP is a pretty lousy serving and volleying instrument..check above to the guy looking for a Vantage possibly..add him/her to the list..i call them as i see them and am very objective even though i am a huge fan of Volkl because i really believe them to be the best and there is something good in the line for pretty much any kind of player..also recently Chris asked me to do a playtest for TW again and i chose 3 frames that were not Volkls and am pretty sure you wouldnt even find the word Volkl even once in that playtest review..it never ceases to amaze me that someone would get so upset just because a TW poster doesnt happen to particularly like a frame they happen to use....

Alley Cat
03-13-2005, 07:21 PM
OK big fella...only you could take an apology and turn it into a negative rant. I was hoping that you could just accept it. But, since you went in to a typical condescending monologue............here it goes: I am not a "disgruntled" RDX mid user" (I use a MP) and don't go lurking the boards to "sneakily" cause you a headache (don't flatter yourself)....I don't have the time that you do to post on the board every ten minutes. Man you're self absorbed. Just because I disagree with you sometimes doesn't make it a witch hunt. Learn to deal with other's opinion's Mojo...you've ****ed off enough on this board already! I play with a lot of actual tournament and satellite players, (not resort pros like you), that use and like mid frames much to your dismay. Also, as I indicated, I like Volkl's so I am not "upset" with you because you don't like the frame that I use. Change your name....your mojo is long gone. My apology is no longer offered.

tennis ace
03-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Both of you are getting carried away with this. Both of you should post your little arguments in a thread called nobody else cares. Both of you have already messed up this thread. Take it somewhere else.

Alley Cat
03-13-2005, 07:35 PM
tennis ace...sorry about this, you are right. I had thought a simple apology would suffice earlier...I was wrong. I'm done with the board anyway, this is ridiculous. See you all on the courts.

NoBadMojo
03-13-2005, 07:39 PM
bye alley cat..

christo
03-13-2005, 11:05 PM
You two sound like something out of Archie Bunker, can you just kiss and make up? Or is it handbags at 10 paces?

NoBadMojo
03-13-2005, 11:17 PM
na..it aint funny to me christo..this person goes around sniping me, says i'm just a resort pro and that all i do is feed balls to old ladies (which i rarely do), implies i dont have game, and makes wrong assumptions about me..i let it go for quite some while but decided i had enough and was tired of all the crap...i've never even directly addressed this person ever before that i know of until this thread. this person said he/she was leaving before and had enough and only reemerged to bust my chops once again..i dont have to put up with that sort of behaviour indefinitely, and notice that alley cat does not really apologize..he/she says it is all just perceived by me that she/he goes around making innacurate comments about me when in reality he/she does..that's just putting it all back on me...i got tired of it after observing this a few times so i told her about it. pretty simple and if you wouldnt have jumped in with a smart assed comment i would have not jumped back in either.

ferrari_827
03-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Mojo, I see that you've steered this discussion away from what it was originally intended (yet again).

I'm starting to believe you actually are a Volkl representative, and maybe even have a contract. Your anti-Yonex bias is a curiosity, and runs more than skin deep.

NoBadMojo
03-14-2005, 07:41 AM
aha ferrari another disgruntled rdx user appears on cue (you)..i didnt steer this thread anywhere....the alley cat person dropped another sneaky snide comment about me and i chose to respond after ignoring that noise for quite some while. i dont like Yonex frames..so what? lots of people dont...i did give the rdxMP500 a good review altho i said that it didnt serve or volley so well which is what alot of people seem to think. if you said Fischer frames or Volkl frames are terrible, i could care less. you may feel free to believe whatever it is you like bt you have no right to accuse me of anything. defend your beloved Yonex as you like and continue you distururbing little love affair with a tennis racquet, but try and keep it to yourself if you can..what does this thread have to do with you? and why do you have the need to say stuff like this to me? i used to think you are 12 years old, but i think you say you are an adult. ridiculous

Redflea
03-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Well, I thought below was an excellent summary (from James R.) that I would agree with 100%:

"I've had both back to back, currently the mid. Why? Not really any less power, still a reasonable sweet spot, slightly more stable, less harsh on mishits, better shot direction control. And oh yes, a little more manouverable as well despite the slight 10gram increase in weight. But that's just me."

I'm 70/30 baseliner/net player (and the older I get, the bigger the 70 gets and the smaller the 30 gets) :-) and find the mid is a great racquet for me at either location. I keep wondering if I'm going to lose my fondness for this racquet, but it keeps on keeping me very happy...especially when I beat my POG-endowed hitting buddy. (Talk about racquet worship...those Poggers are like cult members.) ;-)

ffrpg
03-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys, I ended up buying the mid-sized version. Hopefully this racquet lives up to it's hype :)

Redflea
03-17-2005, 05:10 PM
No way...nothing ever truly lives up to hype... ;-)

Hope you enjoy the racquet...did you order it strung? I think most mid owners prefer it down in the mid-50's....I like it at 62 but I appear to be an oddity in that area (at least.)

ffrpg
03-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Yea, it's strung with TNT Fusion 19 crossed with Micro 17 @ 55lbs. I got to hit with it today. I am pretty impressed with it. The racquet is kind of odd in a way. Shots feel dampened with this racquet. I guess muted would be the best way to describe it. It's not heavily muted or anything. I really don't mind it, but my friend seems to hate it. I can generate an insane amount of spin with the RDX mid. Serves also felt very nice. It also played really good at the net. I have nothing bad to say, but that muted feel is odd. It's not really a bad thing, but it isn't "traditional." I also played w/o a dampner, because it feels odd with one on.

gmlasam
03-18-2005, 04:25 PM
ffrpg,

I'm not sure if you ever hit with the Super RD Tour 90, but if you haven't it is a gem to hit IMHO. Not as flexible as the RD-7, but it also has great ball feel. I would say the SRD Tour 90 is Yonex's PS 85. Deadly and precise. Have you demoed the MP tour 1? That one is closest to how the SRD Tour plays.

BERDI4
03-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Is the MP lighter than the Prostaff classic?

ffrpg
03-18-2005, 06:05 PM
lol, I think I'm done with trying new racquets. I own way too many racquets now :p it's time for me to slowly get rid of all of them. Nope, the RDX500 is the only Yonex racquet I've hit with. I didn't know the MP tour 1 was still available. I compared all of my "classic" racquets side by side today. In the end, they pretty much all play alike. They obviously have their differences, but I can adapt to anyone of them. The Wilson Prostaff 85 is the racquet for me. The Head Prestige Classic Mid is a favorite as well... I just hate stringing it :( (although I can deal with it). Thanks for the suggestion though.

ffrpg
03-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Is the MP lighter than the Prostaff classic?

If memory serves me right, I think the MP is lighter than tthe Prostaff Classic.

Redflea
03-18-2005, 10:31 PM
ffrpg:

Glad you're having a chance to give it a work-out, and enjoyed it.

It's been a while since I've hit w/a PS 85...don't have the eyes, legs, or lungs anymore, I fear. :-)