PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Portable Ball Machine

RalphNYC
04-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Looking for a functioning ball machine that I can carry or roll 5 city blocks while also carrying balls and gym bag - thanks!

czech09
04-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Best of luck, I've done that with my Tennis Tutor when I had it and it was super annoying. They are not meant to be dragged on the ground for more than a hundred meters or so at a time. The wheels on most of them will wear out in about two trips otherwise. The handles don't stretch far enough for it to be comfortable either - I'm 6'1" and I think unless you're like 5'0" it wouldn't really be at a comfortable level (it usually extends to just above waist level or there about so you need to bend over a bit). Also you're going to need at least 100 balls to make the ball machine worth it (I had about 150), and it takes long time to pick all of them up if you don't have a basket or some other tool. Not to mention they're pretty heavy by themselves. The point of the ball machine is to get a workout with it on the court not on the way to the court heh.

Just giving you a heads up on some things that I surely didn't count with when I bought my machine. Also another thing never use it on clay courts, unless you want super unpredictable throws after a while.