PDA

View Full Version : Federer: Winner of Roland Garros 2009

theagassiman
04-21-2009, 04:42 PM
We would all (or most of us anyway) love to see Federer make his first atp title Roland Garros of this year. And he can do it. Everybody knows that.
And I think he will do it. Anyone agree, or is the only nutcase me?

tennis-hero
04-21-2009, 04:43 PM
you are 100% correct

although the smart money is on andy roddick

:rolleyes:

jamesblakefan#1
We would all (or most of us anyway) love to see Federer make his first atp title Roland Garros of this year. And he can do it. Everybody knows that.

No, just the troll in you.

Ryoma Kun
I think it's feasible... maybe with the wedding out of the way he might be able to collect himself!

GameSampras
God I hope not. LOL

tudwell
04-21-2009, 04:46 PM
No, just the troll in you.

How on earth is this thread trolling?

gj011
04-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I certainly hope not.

OP should not speak for all (or most) of us. This is not a fed fanboy forum.

egn
04-21-2009, 04:48 PM
If this happens I will be in utter shock and confusion and demand to see if Toni or Rafa Nadal placed some huge bets on Fed to win the tournament.

gj011
How on earth is this thread trolling?

This is indeed a troll thread.

julesb
Federer couldnt even keep his nerves together at the French Open from 2004-2007 to beat Nadal or win the event when he was at his peak. In 2004 he played a miserable match and lost in straight sets to washed up Kuerten. In 2005 he was playing poorly but still on course to take Nadal to a 4th set until he began to complain about the light and play continuing and fell apart to lose the 4th set from a break up. In 2006 he went up a quick set and break, then completely fell to pieces, playing about half as well as the Rome final where he should have beaten Nadal . In 2007 Nadal was getting further out of reach, and Federer again didnt step up and perform in the big match vs someone who he had to play 110% to have a shot of beating on that surface.

So even in his prime he couldnt win the French Open because: a)he wasnt quite good enough on clay, particularly compared to Nadal, b)he also couldnt keep his nerves together to perform to his potential any of those years. So anyone who think he has any real shot this year as his form especialy on clay are going downhill fast, and with an improved overall field and further improved Nadal, are delusional. He will probably lose in the quarters this year to someone like Ferrer or Wawrinka in fact.

P_Agony
04-21-2009, 04:50 PM

Because you're in it.

icedevil0289
04-21-2009, 04:51 PM

oh please give me a break. The OP might be delusional, but it is not a troll thread. Wasn't there another thread recently that was like "mark my words, andy murray will the french open 2009 champion"? Just because someone suggests that federer, a 3 time finalist, can win the french open, does not make it a troll thread. Your hatred of fed is so blinding.

julesb
04-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I certainly hope not.

Then put your mind at ease. If your hope is for Federer to not win the French this year or ever at this point you have nothing to worry about. 2007 was his last real shot of any kind, 2006 his last pretty good shot. His window of opportunity there is long closed now.

Serendipitous
Federer will not be confident enough to win Roland Garros, especially not having already won a tournament.

He does, however, have a good chance of making the final if he doesn't run into An Dee Murr Ray or No Vac Joke Oh Vich along the way. :)

gj011
Because you're in it.

No, because it is opened to provoke negative reactions. The wording:

We would all (or most of us anyway)

exposes it as a pure troll thread.

I am not surprised that someone like you didn't get it.

gj011
04-21-2009, 04:54 PM
oh please give me a break. The OP might be delusional, but it is not a troll thread. Wasn't there another thread recently that was like "mark my words, andy murray will the french open 2009 champion"? Just because someone suggests that federer, a 3 time finalist, can win the french open, does not make it a troll thread. Your hatred of fed is so blinding.

I explained in my previous post why is it a troll thread. Not for the reasons you mentioned.

jamesblakefan#1
04-21-2009, 04:55 PM
oh please give me a break. The OP might be delusional, but it is not a troll thread. Wasn't there another thread recently that was like "mark my words, andy murray will the french open 2009 champion"? Just because someone suggests that federer, a 3 time finalist, will win the french open, does not make it a troll thread. Your hatred of fed is so blinding.

Any thread that states a personal preference as fact, to me is trolling. The evidence of Fed's recent play doesn't support the fact that he's definetly gonna win the FO. It's ok to want him to win it. You don't see me putting "James Blake is the next French Open champion" threads up, do you? No, because it's not supported by facts & logic.

It'd be one thing to put up a thread about Fed's realistic chances, but don't post a thread that he's definetly gonna win it, just because you love the guy and want him to win it.

thalivest
04-21-2009, 04:56 PM
No I would not like to see it happen at all, nor am I remotedly worried it will happen any longer. Federer has zero chance to ever win the French at this point, zero, zippo, nada.

tudwell
04-21-2009, 04:57 PM

It's actually quite the opposite. If it's trolling anyone, then it's Federer fans, since he calls them nutcases.

icedevil0289
04-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Any thread that states a personal preference as fact, to me is trolling. The evidence of Fed's recent play doesn't support the fact that he's definetly gonna win the FO. It's ok to want him to win it. You don't see me putting "James Blake is the next French Open champion" threads up, do you? No, because it's not supported by facts & logic.

It'd be one thing to put up a thread about Fed's realistic chances, but don't post a thread that he's definetly gonna win it, just because you love the guy and want him to win it.

okay i get what you're saying, but the OP did not say he definitely will. He said he thinks he can. Btw, there was a similar thread about murray as well, wasn't there?

jamesblakefan#1
04-21-2009, 04:59 PM
okay i get what you're saying, but the OP did not say he definitely will. He said he thinks he can. Btw, there was a similar thread about murray as well, wasn't there?

But when the title of the thread is "Federer:Winner of Roland Garros 2009", you know you're gonna get Nadal fans riled up right off the bat, they're probably not even gonna bother to read the OP. And as far as the Murray thread, two wrongs don't make a right. It'd be different if there was a questionmark, and not just a definite statement.

P_Agony
04-21-2009, 05:01 PM

Did you ever consider a title like "Federer: Winner of RG 2009" is meant for Federer fans ? Hence the "We would all" statement?

However, I am not surprised that someone like you didn't get it.

jamesblakefan#1
04-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Did you ever consider a title like "Federer: Winner of RG 2009" is meant for Federer fans ? Hence the "We would all" statement?

However, I am not surprised that someone like you didn't get it.

But this board isn't just for Federer, or Nadal, or any particular fans. It's for fans of tennis, of all players, and if you're on here, your opinions shouldn't be so jaded as to only discuss one player. It's ok to want him to win, but don't speak for everyone on this board when you say we would all want him to win. There was a thread a few weeks back which preferenced for "Fed fans only", and I turned away. Maybe more fanboys need to start putting these preferences on their threads, instead of it just being a board full of Fed and Nadal fans bashing each other.

And yes, I am "jamesblakefan#1", but I speak on all players, and I do it pretty objectively, because I like watching tennis, not just one player.

charliefedererer
04-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Federer: Winner of Roland Garros 2009

Wake up. Wake up. You seem to have dozed off, had a dream, and are talking gibberish in your sleep.

ctdeuce
04-21-2009, 08:25 PM
if this is to happen, i would imagine nadal will have to have a freak injury...or lose to someone else earlier on like Murray or Verdasco and then Fed would have to beat them.

veroniquem
04-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Why so timid? The thread should be: Federer: winner of Rome, Madrid and RG 2009
Now I'm impressed!

stevenkingsly
05-09-2009, 01:02 AM
funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Gv9Nmm4tU

Danstevens
05-09-2009, 01:36 AM
If Fed could manage it, winning the French would be a great way to announce a triumphant comeback. However, I must admit that it is not likely. It would be great but I doubt we'll see it.

Chelsea_Kiwi
05-09-2009, 01:40 AM
This is indeed a troll thread. It's not. How is he trying to get a negative response by saying most of us. It's true most of us would like to see him win so how is that trolling?

maximo
05-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Stupidest thread i have ever read.

120mphBodyServe
05-09-2009, 02:08 AM
My heart sank when i heard about last year's FO Final...
And thought Roger would never win the French...
Maybe this year, maybe not.. Stranger things have happened...

BorisBeckerFan
05-09-2009, 02:11 AM

The biggest problem with this statement is that not everybody knows that. Specially Federer. If Nadal is taken out by somebody else just maybe. Last year I wanted to Fed to win it. Even at the begining of this year I would have liked Fed to win it. Call me a fairweather fan all you want but I no longer have faith in Fed and his interviews and sobbing have made me not root for him anymore. I'm not a bandwaggoner either as I am not a Nadal fan. And by the way you just might be nuts. Had you said Djokovic It would at least be someone who has recently demonstrated a willingness to battle Nadal on clay. In someways I hope Fed proves me wrong but I just don't see this happening. I tried to deny it for a long time but his window for winning the French has closed. If Fed wins the French, it would be a miracle. And I don't mean like a "I was cured from cancer" type miracle. I mean a supernatural "I was born without arms and legs and then they grew in overnight" miracle.

seffina
05-09-2009, 02:14 AM
It's not nice to say things like most of us. It will provoke people. He could have simply avoided that by saying us Fed fans or something of that ilk.

I would be immensely happy for Roger if he won.

TheNatural
05-09-2009, 02:34 AM
I AGREE.

Fed is no chance in singles. But In doubles with Wawrinka he can do it!

Vamos Roger!

We would all (or most of us anyway) love to see Federer make his first atp title Roland Garros of this year IN DOUBLES. And he can do it. Everybody knows that he can do it.

Bloodshed
05-09-2009, 03:03 AM
As much as I would love Fed to win RG this year (that would definately put critics by his side and leaving him alone about the mental block for GOOD), it's never going to happen if he will run into Nadal all the time.

TennisBatman
05-09-2009, 03:04 AM
If Federer wins the French Open this year, he will have a victory spasm like never before. It will be so intense that Mirka will hate him for the rest of his life.

Pirao
05-09-2009, 03:15 AM
No chance. Even if Nadal gets injured, which he won't, there is still Djokovic. Let's be realistic here. He has chance of winning Wimbledon, but not RG.

theagassiman
05-09-2009, 03:20 AM
Then put your mind at ease. If your hope is for Federer to not win the French this year or ever at this point you have nothing to worry about. 2007 was his last real shot of any kind, 2006 his last pretty good shot. His window of opportunity there is long closed now.

No, the window is still there.
But Federer's been ramming it closed.

sh@de
05-09-2009, 03:27 AM
OP, I would love for Fed to win. And he probably could do it, but the chances must be, what? 0.00000001%? I reckon even Djoker has a bigger chance this year, and that'd probably only be 0.000001%. Realistically speaking, of course Nadal's gonna claim another FO crown.

Jay_The_Nomad
05-09-2009, 04:48 AM
Federer might not even make it to the French Open finals...

The guy hasn't really been flying.. and gone are the days when a Federer final was a given.

Sentinel
05-09-2009, 04:56 AM
That makes two of us. :)

lol, quite a unique comment:

If Federer wins the French Open this year, he will have a victory spasm like never before. It will be so intense that Mirka will hate him for the rest of his life.

jman
05-09-2009, 04:58 AM
Federer might not even make it to the French Open finals...

The guy hasn't really been flying.. and gone are the days when a Federer final was a given.

1 Grandslam Final, 3 Masters Semi's is not a bad start to the year for any other player. Sure by Federer's standards, it not great, but it's a better start than what he had last year.

He probably will make it into the final again, but from there on, it's anyone's guess.

The-Champ
05-09-2009, 04:59 AM
If Rafa doesn't take the title, I hope Roger will.

Winners or Errors
05-09-2009, 05:22 AM
I don't know. I think Djokovic was pretty darned lucky the rain delay came when it did in the last match with Federer. Without the rain delay, I think Federer takes that match. Does the majority here really think he can't win against Djokovic?

sh@de
05-09-2009, 05:24 AM
But this board isn't just for Federer, or Nadal, or any particular fans. It's for fans of tennis, of all players, and if you're on here, your opinions shouldn't be so jaded as to only discuss one player. It's ok to want him to win, but don't speak for everyone on this board when you say we would all want him to win. There was a thread a few weeks back which preferenced for "Fed fans only", and I turned away. Maybe more fanboys need to start putting these preferences on their threads, instead of it just being a board full of Fed and Nadal fans bashing each other.

And yes, I am "jamesblakefan#1", but I speak on all players, and I do it pretty objectively, because I like watching tennis, not just one player.

How bout the Nadal is god thread?

fps
05-09-2009, 05:31 AM
1 Grandslam Final, 3 Masters Semi's is not a bad start to the year for any other player. Sure by Federer's standards, it not great, but it's a better start than what he had last year.

He probably will make it into the final again, but from there on, it's anyone's guess.

yeah, it's a great start for someone who wants to be in the top 4. but it's not a great start for someone who wants to win a grandslam since he's lost every time he's played his rivals for the prizes, and hasn't won a tournament this year.

it's not anyone's guess in the final. if he meets Nadal, unless Fed does something radically different from what he's done in past years, taking into account he's not playing as well as he has done in those years, he's going to get taken apart.

if you guys want to take the football fan route of chanting through the pain, well it's strange to get that wrapped up in another person. and it totally ignores the reality of roger's difficulties on court this year.

aphex
05-09-2009, 06:22 AM
Stupidest thread i have ever read.

obviously you haven't read YOUR threads.

Bassus
05-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Federer couldnt even keep his nerves together at the French Open from 2004-2007 to beat Nadal or win the event when he was at his peak. In 2004 he played a miserable match and lost in straight sets to washed up Kuerten. In 2005 he was playing poorly but still on course to take Nadal to a 4th set until he began to complain about the light and play continuing and fell apart to lose the 4th set from a break up. In 2006 he went up a quick set and break, then completely fell to pieces, playing about half as well as the Rome final where he should have beaten Nadal . In 2007 Nadal was getting further out of reach, and Federer again didnt step up and perform in the big match vs someone who he had to play 110% to have a shot of beating on that surface.

So even in his prime he couldnt win the French Open because: a)he wasnt quite good enough on clay, particularly compared to Nadal, b)he also couldnt keep his nerves together to perform to his potential any of those years. So anyone who think he has any real shot this year as his form especialy on clay are going downhill fast, and with an improved overall field and further improved Nadal, are delusional. He will probably lose in the quarters this year to someone like Ferrer or Wawrinka in fact.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Federer went up a break in the second set of the 2006 FO final. Nadal started out miserably in that match, and Federer played well enough to easily take the first set, but when the second set started Nadal had collected himself. I believe it was on serve, Nadal up 2-1, with Federer serving. Federer got a lead of 40-0 in that fourth game, and then he missed an easy volley at the net. Then Nadal came back to win that game, and then it was Federer who fell apart and gave away that set. From that point on, Nadal dictated play as Federer really had no answer to Nadal relentlessly pinning him on the ad side with the forehand to backhand exchange. Federer persisted in hitting an increasingly broken top spin backhand instead of mixing it up with the slice. Federer did show some life when he broke late in the fourth and managed to get into a tiebreak, but then he played quite uninspired tennis. All in all, it was a mediocre match, failing to live up the epic final in Rome just a few weeks earlier.

In 2007 I think he actually played better. Particulary it seemed that he hit the backhand better and I don't think that exchange was decisive like it was the year before. But he had a trademark first set against Nadal where he had multiple break points that he failed to convert. He recovered to play a great second set and it looked for a brief moment like he had found a way to beat Nadal, but then he got off to poor starts to the third and fourth and never recovered. But I think he had as good a chance that year as in 2006.

veroniquem
05-09-2009, 09:14 AM
RG is not an ATP title, so it couldn't be his first no matter what!!

maximo
05-09-2009, 09:15 AM
obviously you haven't read YOUR threads.

Obviously your stupid.

fps
05-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Obviously your stupid.

his stupid what?

seffina
05-09-2009, 09:19 AM
Edited because fps covered it.

(I'm sure fps doesn't stand for Future Problem Solving, but that's what I think of whenever I see your posts. If you don't know what that is, it's an after school club that high school students compete in around the US.)

fps
05-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Edited because fps covered it.

it's ok to be petty when someone's being a jerk :)

pabletion
05-09-2009, 09:20 AM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHHA!!!!

that was Nadal's reply when reporters asked him about Federers attempt to win RG....,

Nah, ok that was my reaction when I read this post.

Nutcase!

Andres
05-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Everything is trolling for you

Liking Federer = Trolling
Disliking Nadal = Trolling
Disliking Djokovic = Blasphemy
Liking Djokovic = Best thread ever
Disliking any serbian player = trolling

Now, start being objective for once in your life, mate!
Hvala.

raiden031
05-09-2009, 09:25 AM
This might sound like a paradox, but Federer is the only player that I believe CAN beat a healthy Nadal at RG. But I'm worried about Federer facing Murray or Djoker and losing to one of them first. But I think neither has any chance in hell of beating Nadal at RG.

As much as I love Fed, I have no expectations other than I'm rooting for him to make it to the finals (and lose). Its how he performs against Murray/Djoker that I care about.

maximo
05-09-2009, 09:25 AM
it's ok to be petty when someone's being a jerk :)

Yes, i know he's a jerk.

fastdunn
05-09-2009, 09:51 AM
This might sound like a paradox, but Federer is the only player that I believe CAN beat a healthy Nadal at RG.

Not unless Nadal has major choking episode or something like that. Or Federer pulls off monumental net scrambling job like Sampras did against Sergi Bruegura or Jim Courier at French Open.

If I were Nadal, I would hope to see Federer in the final after conveniently removing Djokovic or Murray for me....

mandy01
05-09-2009, 09:57 AM
I love Roger but that aint happening.

babbette
05-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I wish Roger the best but for some reason if Rafa is going to lose, I want him to lose it to someone unexpected.

Lotto
05-09-2009, 10:06 AM
If Federer won the french I would actually, literally have a party..... I'd get myself high on coke, seen as I'm only 16, another two years till go :evil:

But the odds must be 1,000,000/1.....seriously.

raiden031
05-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Not unless Nadal has major choking episode or something like that. Or Federer pulls off monumental net scrambling job like Sampras did against Sergi Bruegura or Jim Courier at French Open.

If I were Nadal, I would hope to see Federer in the final after conveniently removing Djokovic or Murray for me....

I don't see Nadal choking. We all know Federer CAN outplay Nadal on clay. Its just a matter of having the mental strength and physical stamina to keep it up the whole match. He really can't have an off-day on his forehand or serve. I still think its not likely, but possible.

mandy01
05-09-2009, 10:11 AM
If Federer won the french I would actually, literally have a party..... I'd get myself high on coke, seen as I'm only 16, another two years till go :evil:

But the odds must be 1,000,000/1.....seriously. lol..same here.. :lol
but I doubt it will happen.I dont want to get my hopes even remotely high.

gj011
05-09-2009, 10:14 AM

Hvala.

No you got the wrong perception. This thread is not a troll thread because OP likes Federer, but because he claims that "we all" do that, as explained before. That was intentional provocation IMO, hence trolling. Similar was with other cases.

babbette
05-09-2009, 10:33 AM
No you got the wrong perception. This thread is not a troll thread because OP likes Federer, but because he claims that "we all" do that, as explained before. That was intentional provocation IMO, hence trolling. Similar was with other cases.
Are you ssome kind of troll patrol?:confused: I swear in every one of your posts I see the word "troll"

paulf
05-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Nadal for sure for the French open.......

Nadal_Freak
05-09-2009, 10:46 AM
I agree. It's nauseating when people try to force liking Fed on us. Like we all are supposed to like him. When it's actually the opposite. I feed off seeing Fed lose actually. I know it's sad but I can't help it. :evil:

Serendipitous
05-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I agree with Nadal Freak.

mandy01
05-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I agree. It's nauseating when people try to force liking Fed on us. Like we all are supposed to like him. When it's actually the opposite. I feed off seeing Fed lose actually. I know it's sad but I can't help it. :evil:
I think the OP meant all the Federer admirers by 'all of us' .He or anyone has common sense enough to not expect anything positive for Fed from you guys.Its obvious,the thread is for those all those who like Fed and want him to win FO no matter how impossible it sounds.

OddJack
05-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Apart from the troll part, I see many people completely dismiss the fact that Roger has a good chance. Yes, it's clay and it's Nadal but also remember it's a best of 5, where Roger has done his best at and he has been the runner up. Someone said strange things happen in tennis, I like to say anything can happen, and if it does it's not strange, it's a matter of likelihood and probabilities.

Noone is unbeatable at anyday and anytime, even Nadal on clay.

I remember Del Potro's interview after he beat Nadal few weeks back. He was behind at one point and ended up winning the match. He said" I just started to enjoying the match and forget about the rest, I played my game and suddenly I realized I can now win it".
Yes, it was not clay, but anything can happen, anywhere.

Nadal_Freak
05-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I think the OP meant all the Federer admirers by 'all of us' .He or anyone has common sense enough to not expect anything positive for Fed from you guys.Its obvious,the thread is for those all those who like Fed and want him to win FO no matter how impossible it sounds.
It would be appropiate if this was Fed Warehouse but this is "General Pro Player Discussion" and "Tennis Warehouse". Therefore, this thread stating "all of us" is inappropiate. Maybe state a thread called "Fed Fanboys Thread" would be ok to filter out stuff like this.

OddJack
05-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Apart from the troll part, I see many people completely dismiss the fact that Roger has a good chance. Yes, it's clay and it's Nadal but also remember it's a best of 5, where Roger has done his best at and he has been the runner up. Someone said strange things happen in tennis, I like to say anything can happen, and if it does it's not strange, it's a matter of likelihood and probabilities.

I remember Del Potro's interview after he beat Nadal few weeks back. He was behind at one point and ended up winning the match. He said" I just started to enjoying the match and forget about the rest, I played my game and suddenly I realized I can now win it".

Richie Rich
05-09-2009, 11:05 AM

you are correct. anything can happen. nadal could twist an ankle. fed could play out of his mind. or both guys could lose before the semis.

however, it would take a player to have the match of their lives to stop nadal on clay. but it was the same with muster and kuerten when they were the best on clay. eventually it will happen.

danb
05-09-2009, 11:09 AM

Speaking of wishful thinking...

veroniquem
05-09-2009, 11:19 AM

Nadal doesn't choke. The only thing that could stop him is an injury of some sort.

OddJack
05-09-2009, 11:21 AM

Oh yeahh...I'm not gonna ignore Nadal's strengths on clay and say he "will" lose the title, but I wont hide my pleasure if I see Roger rubs his nose on dirt this time around either.

veroniquem
05-09-2009, 11:22 AM
you are correct. anything can happen. nadal could twist an ankle. fed could play out of his mind. or both guys could lose before the semis.

however, it would take a player to have the match of their lives to stop nadal on clay. but it was the same with muster and kuerten when they were the best on clay. eventually it will happen.
Eventually but probably not on the year when Nadal is showing top form. It's like saying that Fed was going to lose the USO in 2006.

vtmike
05-09-2009, 11:26 AM
It would be appropiate if this was Fed Warehouse but this is "General Pro Player Discussion" and "Tennis Warehouse". Therefore, this thread stating "all of us" is inappropiate. Maybe state a thread called "Fed Fanboys Thread" would be ok to filter out stuff like this.

Errr lets see...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=259135

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=259097

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=259303

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=259717

etc.

etc.

etc...

:rolleyes:

veroniquem
05-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh yeahh...I'm not gonna ignore Nadal's strengths on clay and say he "will" lose the title, but I wont hide my pleasure if I see Roger rubs his nose on dirt this time around either.
That I can guarantee you won't see right now. In his current form Fed hasn't found a way around Murray and Djoko yet, much much less around a top form Nadal on clay.
Even if something happened to Nadal, Fed this year would not be the second favorite (but I agree he would have a chance). Beating Nadal in the final is as remote a probability as can be. I mean if you believe in stuff like Fairies and Santa, I guess everything is possible, but if you have any sense of reality, Fed overcoming Nadal in a best of 5 set final on clay this year is a million times less probable than it has ever been.

fastdunn
05-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't see Nadal choking. We all know Federer CAN outplay Nadal on clay. Its just a matter of having the mental strength and physical stamina to keep it up the whole match. He really can't have an off-day on his forehand or serve. I still think its not likely, but possible.

I am sorry I do NOT know Federer CAN outplay Nadal on clay. I do not recall any moment Nadal was outplayed by Federer on clay. Englihten me, please.

I don't think it's just a matter of mental and physical strength.
I think it should be pretty clear by now that Federer can not beat Nadal on clay unless he changes his baseline oriented game.

oneleggedcardinal
05-09-2009, 01:26 PM

Who is trying to "force liking" Federer on you? Seriously, grow up.

colonelforbin
05-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I am sorry I do NOT know Federer CAN outplay Nadal on clay. I do not recall any moment Nadal was outplayed by Federer on clay. Englihten me, please.

I don't think it's just a matter of mental and physical strength.
I think it should be pretty clear by now that Federer can not beat Nadal on clay unless he changes his baseline oriented game.

Federer beat him at Hamburg 07 (even thew a bagel in there).

Federer has shown that he can outplay Nadal for periods of matches (see some of the 06 matches) but he is usually not able to maintain the high level for the whole match unfortunately.

aphex
05-09-2009, 01:47 PM
its funny how all the experts in this forum give federer a chance somewehere between
1 in a million and 1 in a hundred trillion, but the professional bookies give a quote somewhere between 1 to 9 and 1 to 11----that means about 10%.

Richie Rich
05-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Eventually but probably not on the year when Nadal is showing top form. It's like saying that Fed was going to lose the USO in 2006.

i never wrote this year. i wrote eventually.

maddogz32
05-09-2009, 02:50 PM
no, this year i dont think federer will even make it to the finals of roland garros. i think it will be nadal and djokovic. and nadal will win once again

vtmike
05-11-2009, 05:25 AM

Hvala.

Epic! Now just add,

Liking Graf = Trolling to that list & it will be perfect!

So the new list is,

Disliking any Serbian player = Trolling
Liking Graf = Trolling

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 05:32 AM
Epic! Now just add,

Liking Graf = Trolling to that list & it will be perfect!

So the new list is,

Disliking any Serbian player = Trolling
Liking Graf = Trolling

It's sad how true this list is. It's amazing how how much hate Fed gets here...

Let's add a few more:

Fed had a weak era = Great thread
Fed had a strong era = trolling

Zaragoza
05-11-2009, 05:33 AM

Wrong. It would be great to see Nadal break Borg's record of 4 consecutive RG titles and possibly win the Grand Slam, wouldn't it? So neutral fans who want to see history in the making have more reasons to cheer for Nadal to win RG.

vtmike
05-11-2009, 05:35 AM
Wrong. It would be great to see Nadal break Borg's record of 4 consecutive RG titles and possibly win the Grand Slam, wouldn't it? So neutral fans who want to see history in the making have more reasons to cheer for Nadal to win RG.

Well neutral fans also wanted to see Federer break the record by winning 6 Wimb in a row and make history...did you?

zagor
05-11-2009, 05:42 AM

Well I'd certainly love to see Fed do it but let's face it he doesn't stand much of a chance at the FO anymore.I think that he missed a golden opportunity in 2006 although he had his chances in 2007 as well.I mean anything can happen in sports but I think that window of opportunity has closed for Fed,would love for him to prove me wrong though and get that elusive FO trophy.

Also,it's silly to say all(or most of us)would like to see Fed win FO.His fans here(I'm among them)certainly would but this isn't a Fed fan forum or similar(If you like that try one of his fansites or something like that),there are plenty fans of other players here and plenty of people who dislike Fed for whatever reasons.

zagor
05-11-2009, 05:45 AM

Well neutral fans also wanted to see Federer break the record by winning 6 Wimb in a row and make history...did you?

Neutral fans make maybe 1% of this forum so I don't see what's the point.

vtmike
05-11-2009, 05:47 AM
Neutral fans make maybe 1% of this forum so I don't see what's the point.

That was my point about his post not having a point... :)

seffina
05-11-2009, 05:52 AM
If the OP hadn't said "all of us (most of us)" there wouldn't be a problem. It's claiming that most people here are Roger fans and even if it's true (I believe a majority are indeed Federer fans) is just offensive to all those that aren't. Obviously Nadal fans don't want Roger to win. Obviously Djokovic fans don't want Federer to win. Neutral fans aren't truly neutral anyways.

I will be happy for Roger if he won, but I want Rafa to break Borg's record just like I was happy that Rafa won Wimbledon, but I was pulling for Roger to get six in a row there.

zagor
05-11-2009, 05:54 AM
That was my point about his post not having a point... :)

In that case I agree.I sincerely doubt a single Nadal and/or Sampras fan rooted for Fed to win calendar Grand Slam in 2006 and 2007 or to win 6 Wimbledons in a row(which was never done in the history of tennis)last year or rooted for him to win 5th USO title in a row so he can have 5 titles in a row at 2 different slams(also never done in the history of tennis).The opposite is unlikely to happen as well(Fed fans rooting for Nadal to make history this year).

TheNatural
05-11-2009, 06:03 AM
We all want to see Rafa break records, lets face it ,no one here will ever see such clay greatness again in their life time, so enjoy it.
If Fed can make the final,we want to see more of the same same:

Ole. Vamos.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk226/carabaopower/000023.jpg

Pirao
05-11-2009, 06:11 AM
We all want to see Rafa break records, lets face it ,no one here will ever see such clay greatness again in their life time, so enjoy it.

Ole. Vamos.

Lol, amazing picture! But I have a feeling you're going to get bashed for it :-?.

coloskier
05-11-2009, 06:15 AM

I believe this is a perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 06:26 AM
Lol, amazing picture! But I have a feeling you're going to get bashed for it :-?.

By supporting him you just proved you're a troll. Congrats.

Pirao
05-11-2009, 06:28 AM
By supporting him you just proved you're a troll. Congrats.

No I didn't, in fact I like Fed too and have defended him numerous times. I just find that picture funny. I also laugh when Djokovic imitates Nadal, I guess that proves I'm a Nadal hater :roll:. It's obvious you don't have a sense of humour or are too sensitive.

Clay lover
05-11-2009, 06:30 AM
If we measure pure utility, it seems that Federer should gain more than Nadal by winning a grand slam and claiming the legendary GOAT status. Therefore it seems more rational for netural fans to support Federer because what he can gain by winning that FO is of higher value in the tennis world than what Nadal can gain by winning.

It depends though, in my opinion a grand slam is more valuable than 5 FOs in a row.

But personally, I root for Nadal.

aphex
05-11-2009, 06:31 AM
No I didn't, in fact I like Fed too and have defended him numerous times. I just find that picture funny. I also laugh when Djokovic imitates Nadal, I guess that proves I'm a Nadal hater :roll:. It's obvious you don't have a sense of humour or are too sensitive.

it's not funny. it's obvious you don't have a sense of humour.

fedtastic
05-11-2009, 06:34 AM

Ole. Vamos.

Nice picture, very true as well at the moment. I am a Federer fan and I liked the picture. Why are some people on this forum taking thing so seriously. I hate to see Fed down but come on he has had an amazing career and its not over yet. When and if Fed beats Nadal again it will be even sweeter and than us Fed fans can have a laugh. In the meantime I don't mind a good laugh at Fed's expense.
What I don't like is when people insult his family members and other serious accusations. Everything else is just good banter and I enjoy those funny exchanges between the fans.

Gracias

Pirao
05-11-2009, 06:35 AM
it's not funny. it's obvious you don't have a sense of humour.

Yeah, and you sure do :roll:. ^^ you could learn something from the guy above.

Mungo73
05-11-2009, 07:14 AM
Federer: Whiner of Roland Garros 2009

ctdeuce
05-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Fernando Verdasco.

ctdeuce
05-11-2009, 07:48 AM
ps - if anyone follows anything money related with sports, the biggest upsets bring people the most money.

I bet Davydenko would take the Fed bet at Roland Garros over the US Open where he always wins ;)

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 07:51 AM

I do have a sense of humor. In fact, I laugh "at" Federer many times, just look at my posts. However, knowing the post by TheNatural, he didn't mean any humor, but rather pure trolling. It's not hard to see that in his posts - just take a look at them.

srinrajesh
05-11-2009, 07:57 AM
If he gets a good draw, nadal gets injured and he doesnt have to face murray or djokovic either
Federer might just struggle and get over the line