PDA

View Full Version : Nadal makes the CLAY court look like a table tennis table.

djones
04-22-2009, 11:40 AM
It just hit me, when you see Nadal play on CLAY with someone getting quite along for a few sets like Federer, they really break up the court with all huge angles which are required to take a point from Nadal.
And especially as Nadal hits those big looping spin balls, it almost looks like table tennis:-)

What you think? :-)

King of Aces
04-22-2009, 11:57 AM
It just hit me, when you see Nadal play on CLAY with someone getting quite along for a few sets like Federer, they really break up the court with all huge angles which are required to take a point from Nadal.
And especially as Nadal hits those big looping spin balls, it almost looks like table tennis:-)

he sure as hell covers the court as if it were as small as a ping pong table.

Nadal_Freak
04-22-2009, 01:26 PM
He is a beast. No way going around that or him on the court. Vamos!

Peduiitti
04-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Had interesting discussion today when my friend said that Rafa is playing only defense and passively. I see Rafa playing very aggressively and moving opponent all the time to open the court and forcing others to make make lucky shots from desperate places.

P_Agony
04-22-2009, 01:40 PM

You just described the main reaosn of my dislike for Rafa's game and clay courts in general.

sureshs
04-22-2009, 02:24 PM
You just described the main reaosn of my dislike for Rafa's game and clay courts in general.

He has also won Wimbledon

veroniquem
04-22-2009, 02:44 PM
He has also won Wimbledon
Don't forget the AO :)

sureshs
04-22-2009, 02:47 PM

Nadal sucks on hard courts, so that cannot be true.

Jay_The_Nomad
04-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Not just clay... he makes tennis look like pingpong with some of his short backswing groundstrokes.

Just swatts it down the line oh so casually

dincuss
04-22-2009, 03:59 PM

He doesnt suck, but he does have to work harder than on clay.
He makes everything look like ping pong, especially with his amazing passing shots. I dunno it reminds me of ping pong

nadal for number1
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
he is just ripping right through all the other guys.... its unbelievable some plays this guy can create... and to think hes playing more "conservately" now lol

The-Champ
04-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Nadal has the most brilliant defensive skills I have ever seen on a tennis court.

The-Champ
04-22-2009, 04:06 PM
he is just ripping right through all the other guys.... its unbelievable some plays this guy can create... and to think hes playing more "conservately" now lol

Judging Rafa's form at Monte Carlo last year, I felt like he SUCKED at the same event this year, but he's probably realized that.

defrule
04-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Nadal on clay certainly isn't passive.

Bloodshed
04-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Judging Rafa's form at Monte Carlo last year, I felt like he SUCKED at the same event this year, but he's probably realized that.

I somewhat agree with you. However, Nadal is soo good at killing his opponent's momentum/confidence that even the toughest fighters out there (Murray) cannot find a way to beat Nadal on Clay even if he's playing B Level tennis.

atennisrand
04-23-2009, 07:05 PM
How does nadal suck on HC, did you watch the Australian Open?

roysid
04-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Not only he has the best defence, at slight oppurtunity he comes in and hits winners which he rarely misses.

Makes him unbeatable on clay.

Bud
04-24-2009, 03:13 AM
Had interesting discussion today when my friend said that Rafa is playing only defense and passively. I see Rafa playing very aggressively and moving opponent all the time to open the court and forcing others to make make lucky shots from desperate places.

He's constantly redirecting the ball in an offensive manner.

He can play offensively or defensively depending on the circumstances.

Bud
04-24-2009, 03:16 AM

Poster was being sarcastic... since so many always claimed Nadal sucked on HC.

Bud
04-24-2009, 03:17 AM
Nadal on clay certainly isn't passive.

Agreed. Anyone who thinks Nadal is strictly a defensive counterpuncher on clay doesn't know the game.

He displays a nice balance of offense and defense.

amx13
04-24-2009, 07:31 AM
So playing table tennis is about moonballing your opponent and wait for him to miss a shot?

sureshs
04-24-2009, 07:44 AM

That is what people said here.