PDA

View Full Version : Crete in April ?

Cypo
03-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Just wondering if anyone here is planning on playing tennis in Crete in April (I think the 21st to the 25th, but I don't have the exact dates with me just now). I'll be there, it would be fun if some one else from this board were there too.

lemurballs
03-12-2005, 10:53 AM
Crete, Nebraska?

Cypo
03-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Greece :- )

MegacedU
03-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Lmao - here crete is slang for concrete. I was wondering what the heck you were talking about before I saw the Greece post.

bee
03-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Crete! One of the healthiest places in the world. Home of the famous Mediterranean diet. Wish I could go. You should be able to learn a lot there. have a great trip!

Phil
03-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Just wondering if anyone here is planning on playing tennis in Crete in April (I think the 21st to the 25th, but I don't have the exact dates with me just now). I'll be there, it would be fun if some one else from this board were there too.

Sure, Cypo, there must be at least 15-20 of us going to Crete next month, looking for a game. Personally, I won't have the time as I'll be busy stuffing my pie hole with tzadziki, dolmadas and beefteki washed down with Metaxa & Cokes, and then flinging the plates and glasses against the back wall!

Seriously, though, you lucky gal, you! The weather should be beautiful. I lived in Greece for a bit and used to go down there every once in a while for very short periods. Have fun.

Phil
03-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Lmao - here crete is slang for concrete. I was wondering what the heck you were talking about before I saw the Greece post.

Ahhh...no, even where you live, wherever that may be, Crete is the island. In the Mediterannean Sea. Owned by Greece.

Cypo
03-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Now come Phil - I'm sure you can manage to play me half drunk an stuffed to the gills - I'm only a girl you know (and you'd have a great excuse if I managed to win an odd game or two). Cudos btw for your admirable restraint.

I realise the question sounds odd - it's an organized tournament, but not open (and quality of play is not really part of the qualifications - it's a work thang). Teams come from all over the world, so it's not impossible that someone here will be there.

Phil
03-14-2005, 12:55 AM
Now come Phil - I'm sure you can manage to play me half drunk an stuffed to the gills - I'm only a girl you know (and you'd have a great excuse if I managed to win an odd game or two). Cudos btw for your admirable restraint.

I realise the question sounds odd - it's an organized tournament, but not open (and quality of play is not really part of the qualifications - it's a work thang). Teams come from all over the world, so it's not impossible that someone here will be there.

Sure I can manage-and that excuse you mentioned might come in mightly handy...

Wouldn't that be a trip if you DO meet someone from TW there! But most US companies don't send their people on very cool boondogles to Crete these days. Maybe one of the other European members, though. Who knows?

Cypo
03-14-2005, 01:18 AM
SEND ? - They give us one day extra leave - two we have to take from our vacation and AEP - by the players. New York sent a team last year, and they were a blast. They lost early too so we were all free in the evenings after the second day :- )

roger2016
03-14-2005, 01:49 PM
hey, guess what..

zeus lived there

sounds fun.. I bet their courts are awesome.. I wish I could go

Phil
03-14-2005, 05:13 PM
SEND ? - They give us one day extra leave - two we have to take from our vacation and AEP - by the players. New York sent a team last year, and they were a blast. They lost early too so we were all free in the evenings after the second day :- )

Hey, Cypo, I'm CRYIN' for ya. I really am. ;-)