PDA

View Full Version : Highest Bouncing Surface

Nadal_Freak
04-22-2009, 05:13 PM
What you think is the highest bouncing surface of all the Major Tournaments? I only presented the ones that seem high bouncing.

Nadal_Freak
04-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Last bump for more votes. Interesting that Rome got chosen. I agree it is high bouncing. Nadal's just a little too fatigued by that point.

illkhiboy
04-22-2009, 07:15 PM
A failed thread by our most beloved poster? Geez I'm surprised.

Nadal_Freak
04-22-2009, 08:19 PM
I didn't expect a lot of posts. It takes a very educated poster to know these kind of things. The majority probably don't know but I'm glad for those who chipped in.

VivalaVida
04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
NF. I think RG is the highest bouncing surface. They had a 3D display of nadals topspin forehand to feds backhand, the ball was rocketing of the court :shock: MC is high bouncing too.

Nadal_Freak
04-22-2009, 09:12 PM
NF. I think RG is the highest bouncing surface. They had a 3D display of nadals topspin forehand to feds backhand, the ball was rocketing of the court :shock: MC is high bouncing too.
I'm watching Rome right now. It seems quicker but higher bouncing to MC. Not that MC is low bouncing. Tough thing to see from videos on tv.

gj011
04-22-2009, 09:35 PM

That was uncalled for. Nothing wrong with this thread.

tudwell
04-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Wimbledon...

boredone3456
04-22-2009, 09:56 PM
I'd have to say Roland Garros, Rome and the old Rebound Ace at the Aussie are good choices to.

ericsson
04-23-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm watching Rome right now. It seems quicker but higher bouncing to MC. Not that MC is low bouncing. Tough thing to see from videos on tv.

MC is also known as a faster clay court, infact it is a very fast clay court...

Cesc Fabregas
04-23-2009, 12:02 PM
MC is also known as a faster clay court, infact it is a very fast clay court...

MC is the slowest clay court event.

canuckfan
04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Toronto does not belong on this list. I've been to that tournament live several times, it's a medium bounce (I wouldn't even say medium-high). Just because nadal has had some success there doesn't automatically mean its high bouncing -- although it is somewhat slow in speed. I'd vote for rome or roland garros.

theduh
04-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Surface wise I would say clay, tournament wise I voted for RG.

P_Agony
04-23-2009, 12:23 PM

No need to be that cruel. It's actually a decent thread by NF.

I would say RG is the highest bouncing.

Cesc Fabregas
04-23-2009, 12:23 PM
RG just ask Federer

theduh
04-23-2009, 12:25 PM
RG just ask Federer

LOL! I think Fed needs a pogo stick whenever he plays RG.

batz
04-23-2009, 12:42 PM
If we're talking surface then 'trampoline' is definitely up there.

The-Champ
04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
My own observation: Rome and RG are the highest bouncing and the 2 fastest clay courts, when it's dry and sunny.

All-rounder
04-23-2009, 01:34 PM
That was uncalled for. Nothing wrong with this thread.
It is slightly as it will soon turn into a nadal thread you just wait

Gorecki
04-23-2009, 02:20 PM
I didn't expect a lot of posts. It takes a very educated poster to know these kind of things. The majority probably don't know but I'm glad for those who chipped in.

like you know anything about physics...

seffina
04-23-2009, 02:23 PM
From what I can tell (and I have very limited knowledge on these things and am only judging from the angles provided on my television screen), I'll say Rome.

If only the Canada Masters were in Toronto this year as I'll be in that part of the world during that time and could have observed the courts in person.

coloskier
04-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Rome is big, but I'd say Barcelona, for no other reason than the altitude. Balls definitely bounce higher at altitude, with the court surface remaining the same.

gj011
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Rome is big, but I'd say Barcelona, for no other reason than the altitude. Balls definitely bounce higher at altitude, with the court surface remaining the same.

Barcelona is on sea level. No high altitude there. :confused:

Gorecki
04-23-2009, 02:56 PM

yeah... but it's a very high altitude sea...:)

deltox
04-23-2009, 02:59 PM
its Rome, im hunting the interview i read it in.

Usually fast courts = lower bouncing fyi

fast means how much it skids on the surface before bouncing up, thus if its skidding its not bouncing as high

coloskier
04-23-2009, 07:50 PM

My mistake, I was thinking of Madrid.

Nadal_Freak
04-23-2009, 09:23 PM
its Rome, im hunting the interview i read it in.

Usually fast courts = lower bouncing fyi

fast means how much it skids on the surface before bouncing up, thus if its skidding its not bouncing as high
It's different on clay. The thicker the clay, the deader the surface. Thin clay and you get a very bouncy surface. Also the material matters. Not all clay is the same material. I think RG is the highest. Madrid could be the highest due to the altitude. I think Rome is higher bouncing compared to Monte-Carlo. Hamburg is the lowest bouncing clay due to the conditions and thick clay.

deltox
04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
It's different on clay. The thicker the clay, the deader the surface. Thin clay and you get a very bouncy surface. Also the material matters. Not all clay is the same material. I think RG is the highest. Madrid could be the highest due to the altitude. I think Rome is higher bouncing compared to Monte-Carlo. Hamburg is the lowest bouncing clay due to the conditions and thick clay.

your right and wrong, hard clay can be good for the bounce but it still needs bite and cannot be "slick". thus it needs texture and cannot be a super smooth surface otherwise it skids and doesnt get that high bounce.

ive played on 4 types of clay at different local clubs. the softest of all of them is hydro clay, and my kick serve kicks highest on that softest surface simply because of the "bite" the surface has over the smooth clay or the fake clay i have played on......... btw im 6'5" so i get nice kick on my serve when i want to. (not bragging the rest of my game blows but my point being....)