PDA

View Full Version : Nalbandian is a quitter

Nadalator
04-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Pulling out because his hip was bothering him? What the heck, today he beat Almagro in two sets!
He knew Nadal was too tough and he quitted. Had he played Stepanek tomorrow he would be on the court, no doubt. H2H is 2-2 in my book.
If Djokovic had done this he would be thrashed! Double standards!

theduh
04-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Errr someone already started the same thread. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=257493&page=2

random guy
04-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Pulling out because his hip was bothering him? What the heck, today he beat Almagro in two sets!
He knew Nadal was too tough and he quitted. Had he played Stepanek tomorrow he would be on the court, no doubt. H2H is 2-2 in my book.

At least the mods could keep idiotic threads like this merged or morons could have at least the common sense of checking for threads with the same topic. There aren't double standards because Nalbandian doesn't have an history of quitting matches.

veroniquem
04-23-2009, 03:31 PM
At least the mods could keep idiotic threads like this merged or morons could have at least the common sense of checking for threads with the same topic. There aren't double standards because Nalbandian doesn't have an history of quitting matches.
He retired against Federer in RG semis 2006.

edberg505
04-23-2009, 03:32 PM

LOL, he said a history. Off the top of your head can you think of any besides that one?

Leublu tennis
04-23-2009, 03:33 PM

I agree about the Djokovic statement. Didn't see what happened to Nalbandian. Did he fall down? Has he had hip problems? I would like to know that before forming the opinion that he quit. He has a 2-1 record vs. Nadal and, although that all on hard, it would have been interesting to see how he handles Nadal on clay.

LT

random guy
04-23-2009, 03:33 PM

So a match three years ago (in a time when he was playing his best tennis) makes a trend?:roll:

Gorecki
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM

nice... adress the guy complainting instead of istead of using your "Nadalish" knowledge to call the idiot who created the thread! thumbs up.. your posts are getting better by the day!:evil:

theduh
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Opss I think you guys got her.

Leublu tennis
04-23-2009, 03:35 PM
During a match, I gather. What was the story there? Injury, no doubt, but what happened?

edberg505
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
During a match, I gather. What was the story there? Injury, no doubt, but what happened?

Pulled abdominal muscle. Any one who's had one of those know they are no joke.

veroniquem
04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
edit
10 chars

Nadalator
04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
He quitted against Kohlschreiber, Federer and now Nadal. Nalbandian is a quitter!

random guy
04-23-2009, 03:39 PM

If I remember correctly they were one set each and Nalbo retired at the beginning of the third set with abdominal injury. (which was the injury he had for almost the whole year in 2006)

veroniquem
04-23-2009, 03:39 PM
nice... adress the guy complainting instead of istead of using your "Nadalish" knowledge to call the idiot who created the thread! thumbs up.. your posts are getting better by the day!:evil:
I find comfort in the thought they can never get as bad as yours :twisted:

Gorecki
04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
the Nadal fans at their best!

Nadalator
04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
He quitted losing 7-5 4-1, really sad!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/players/headtohead/?player1=Nalbandian%2C+David&player2=kohlschreiber

Leublu tennis
Pulled abdominal muscle. Any one who's had one of those know they are no joke.
Boy, do I agree with that. Thanks. Oh, the TW standard iseems to be that an injured player is supposed to keep playing to show his cahones. Or plain stupidity? Isn't there even a theory that a player should not give a "retired" type of win to another player?

edberg505
He also retired against Ferrero in Buenos Aires 2009 (on clay as well).

Nah, I'm pretty sure he lost to Juan Monaco in that tournament.

veroniquem
04-23-2009, 03:43 PM
So a match three years ago (in a time when he was playing his best tennis) makes a trend?:roll:
It just came to my mind, that's all.

random guy
04-23-2009, 03:43 PM
He also retired against Ferrero in Buenos Aires 2009 (on clay as well).

Yeah he retired in quarters. That why Nalbandian lost in semis against Pico Monaco the next day. If you gonna keep with the trolling at least get your facts straight. Ferrero was the one that retired. Nalby actually has tonsilitis the whole week and still played.

veroniquem
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes, I edited my post but too late apparently , it was Ferrero who retired in that match, not Nalby.

Gorecki
04-23-2009, 03:45 PM
I find comfort in the thought they can never get as bad as yours :twisted:

yes. i have to agree. i dont take much time to perfect my posts. i much rather concentrate on improving my shots on court...

so how is your tv tennis going on?

Leublu tennis
04-23-2009, 03:45 PM
If I remember correctly they were one set each and Nalbo retired at the beginning of the third set with abdominal injury. (which was the injury he had for almost the whole year in 2006)

Thanks. I have always like Nalbandian. TW posters kid him on his chubby appearance, which I find kinda funny. I don't know if you saw it but there is a utube clip of Djokovic impersonation of Nalbandian where Djokovic sticks out his stomach. But then he said that Nalbandian will get mad at him, so I gather that Nalbanian's physique is a topic of discussion among the players.

Gorecki
04-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes, I edited my post but too late apparently , it was Ferrero who retired in that match, not Nalby.

no comments...

random guy
04-23-2009, 03:48 PM
He quitted losing 7-5 4-1, really sad!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/3/en/players/headtohead/?player1=Nalbandian%2C+David&player2=kohlschreiber

I really don't know why I'm even responding to your trollish statements (it must be some masochistic urge), but that was in 2007. So let's add: against Federer in 2006, against Khol in 2007 and against Rafa today. Ow man, what a quitter! :rolleyes:

seffina
04-23-2009, 03:50 PM

He did. Maybe they're recalling him pulling out of I think Costa de Sauipe because of tonsilitis. I might be wrong, but I know he pulled out of one of the S. American tournys. Either way, he has had a valid reason every time. People should stop being so silly. If people were soooooo afraid of Rafa, this wouldn't be his only second W/O.

Either way, I wish Nalby a speedy recovery and better health for Rome.

GameSampras
careful what u say about Doughnuts boy. Afterall, he was Fed's rival according to many here. :)

ferim
He's injured (right hip). What's the point of playing and worsen your injury?

seffina
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Nalby actually has tonsilitis the whole week and still played.Oh... maybe he didn't pull out then. I know he had been feeling really sick. Probably why he did so poorly in Mexico.

Again, hope it's nothing serious and gives a good account of himself in Rome.

ReturnWinner
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Pathetic thread by this ******ator, Nalbandian has had a hip injury since some time ago even he is thinking about having surgery, his doctor The Spaniard Angel Cotorro told me he should not play.

Nadal retired against Juan Monaco in Cincinatti 2006 , last year against Davydenko in Paris Bercy and skipped the final of Davis Cup. I guess He is a quitter too :mad:

random guy
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
He did. Maybe they're recalling him pulling out of I think Costa de Sauipe because of tonsilitis. I might be wrong, but I know he pulled out of one of the S. American tournys. Either way, he has had a valid reason every time. People should stop being so silly. If people were soooooo afraid of Rafa, this wouldn't be his only second W/O.

Either way, I wish Nalby a speedy recovery and better health for Rome.

He pulled out of Rome, sadly. Maybe he had some secret scoop that he'll be in Rafa's quarter and "chickened" out also.

veroniquem
04-23-2009, 03:59 PM
yes. i have to agree. i dont take much time to perfect my posts. i much rather concentrate on improving my shots on court...

so how is your tv tennis going on?
It's not going at all because unfortunately I don't get tennis channel, so right now I'm stuck with live streaming...

veroniquem
04-23-2009, 04:00 PM
He pulled out of Rome, sadly. Maybe he had some secret scoop that he'll be in Rafa's quarter and "chickened" out also.
Are you sure about that? His Dr made a statement this afternoon saying he might be able to play Rome.

tennis-hero
04-23-2009, 04:01 PM
yeah! damn these chickens who retire

http://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCATRE49U5NR20081031

http://www.sportingo.com/sports/a1590_injured-nadal-retires-from-sydney

:roll:

;)

random guy
04-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Are you sure about that? His Dr made a statement this afternoon saying he might be able to play Rome.

Acording to Clarin (argie newspaper) he isn't which is sad because I really like Rome. :(

edberg505
04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
careful what u say about Doughnuts boy. Afterall, he was Fed's rival according to many here. :)

No doubt.

P.S. Pete Sampras is a god and Roger Federer is garbage.

veroniquem
04-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Acording to Clarin (argie newspaper) he isn't which is sad because I really like Rome. :(
Ah sorry for you. Hope he's fine for Madrid.

_maxi
04-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Nalbandian has hip problems since the past year and he is considering a surgery.. I had read about this a few weeks ago. Maybe you find some info in spanish.

Nadalator
04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
I really don't know why I'm even responding to your trollish statements (it must be some masochistic urge), but that was in 2007. So let's add: against Federer in 2006, against Khol in 2007 and against Rafa today. Ow man, what a quitter! :rolleyes:

yeah so how many times did Djokovic quit since 2006?

Nadalator
04-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Pathetic thread by this ******ator, Nalbandian has had a hip injury since some time ago even he is thinking about having surgery, his doctor The Spaniard Angel Cotorro told me he should not play.

Nadal retired against Juan Monaco in Cincinatti 2006 , last year against Davydenko in Paris Bercy and skipped the final of Davis Cup. I guess He is a quitter too :mad:

Nadal was injured playing matches. Nalbandian won today and all of a sudden he cant play tomorrow? did he injure himself in the shower?

Nadalator
04-23-2009, 05:32 PM
yeah! damn these chickens who retire

http://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCATRE49U5NR20081031

http://www.sportingo.com/sports/a1590_injured-nadal-retires-from-sydney

:roll:

;)

nothing like a swiss chicken

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jvnPOiy09wY/SYXhY9HJa1I/AAAAAAAAAdM/X5AzznQC8Wk/s320/b_federer_1_11.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1tN61FDr03c/SYaJ5B2RWpI/AAAAAAAAAlk/T17_C7QvmkM/s400/federer+cry.jpg

:razz:;-)

Josherer
04-23-2009, 05:32 PM

Nice name BTW.... not

Nalbandian had match points against Nadal at a HC masters 1 month ago.

Plus he always plays his best tennis against the top guys.

He pulled out because he is injured you dumb ***. You think every player is scared of Nadal so they withdraw from tournaments?

Ahhh you're such a typical Nadal Loving Kid.

Nadalator
04-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Nice name BTW.... not

Nalbandian had match points against Nadal at a HC masters 1 month ago.

Plus he always plays his best tennis against the top guys.

He pulled out because he is injured you dumb ***. You think every player is scared of Nadal so they withdraw from tournaments?

Ahhh you're such a typical Nadal Loving Kid.

yeah he wants to keep that aura, he knows Nadal would thrash him on clay

do u think he would quit if he played Stepanek tomorrow? no way!

_maxi
04-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Nadal was injured playing matches. Nalbandian won today and all of a sudden he cant play tomorrow? did he injure himself in the shower?
Shut up man. He is injured and played today with pain. Its senceless to play Nadal in clay when you are injured and you know that you wont be able to play at your best. And plus knowing that a surgery is coming. It would be dumb to play.

DejZ
04-24-2009, 03:28 AM
Nalbandian will not play Rome and maybe not Madrid because of this injury...

cknobman
04-24-2009, 06:23 AM
Nalby found out they were having a limited time special at the Golden Corral, Half Price!!!!!!!!!

Can you blame him?

Nadal_Freak
04-24-2009, 06:38 AM
This thread is ultimate fail.

Gorecki
04-24-2009, 06:41 AM
This thread is ultimate fail.

thanks to your fellow Nadal fan Nadalator

P_Agony
04-24-2009, 06:52 AM

So when Nadal is quitting matches, he's injured or tired.

When Nalbandian is quitting matches, he's a quitter.

...sigh...