PDA

View Full Version : Sharapova's Racquet

jetlee2k
04-25-2009, 12:51 PM
Here is the actual Sharapova's racquet.. I am not really her fan at all and surprisingly enough she signed the pictures and the racquet.. She's currently hitting with Prince O3 Speedport BLACK with 2 long strips lead tape at 3&9. The Cross is Babolat VS Touch and the Main is Luxilon .. Yes, it's specially made Luxilon "R" or something.. She had a whole reel of it.. It's thin like 18 gauge or so.. I have no ideas what's the racquet she's using for the tourney but she's current hitting with Prince O3 BLACK.. She had 3 of them identically setup and she signed one and gave it away.. !!

http://i43.tinypic.com/14ta23o.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/34qpgfk.jpg

Here it shows clearly the lead tape

http://i39.tinypic.com/egpw6o.jpg

ihearit1st
04-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Doesn't seem very likely.

Luxilon doesn't make the "R" string, Babolat does.

And that lead tape seems like its been on there forever, and Maria doesn't keep frames more than 3 months.

The knots are also all facing different directions, so it probably wasn't done by a pro.

And no stringer would use that thick of a finishing tape. Matter of fact, its not finishing tape, its electric tape, which is different.

I'm not saying its not possible she signed it, but that isn't a frame she plays with.

dincuss
04-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Where'd you get this racket?

jetlee2k
04-25-2009, 01:19 PM
I have no clue if it's the racquet she's using to play the tourney but I know for sure she's using it to practice with. The gripsize is 4 3/8.. It is string at the local shop here so the guy is a pro stringer or not.. I am not sure either.. She had 3 identical setup like that. A few months ago, I saw her assistance at the same local shop were cutting up and trying difference setup on her racquet which is totally difference than this racquet. I was surprised to see her using the O3 black as matter of facts. May be she just use it to practice a certain shots or something.. who knows.. !!

CANADIAN763
04-25-2009, 05:13 PM
She played with this frame in Miami

ncwxx717
04-25-2009, 06:24 PM
do you happen to know what tension she gets her racquets strung at?

vsbabolat
04-25-2009, 06:32 PM
Here is a photo of the racquet from Rogers Cup 2008. You can see the Babolat R red strings in the mains and the lead at 3 an 9 o'clock.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/vsbabolat/Sharapova_Rogers_Cup_2008.jpg

CANADIAN763
04-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Here is a photo of the racquet from Rogers Cup 2008. You can see the Babolat R red strings in the mains and the lead at 3 an 9 o'clock.

Oh, I didn't know that she used it in 2008. I just found a thread about her switching because her old frame was giving her shoulder problems and she wanted to try something else.
By the way, I have hit with that racquet and hated it. It has a dead feel and serves just feel awful...

vsbabolat
04-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh, I didn't know that she used it in 2008. I just found a thread about her switching because her old frame was giving her shoulder problems and she wanted to try something else.
By the way, I have hit with that racquet and hated it. It has a dead feel and serves just feel awful...

Do you know what the weight, balance, and swing weight is?

CANADIAN763
04-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Do you know what the weight, balance, and swing weight is?

I remember seeing it on some old thread about a month ago. I will look it up again...

Fedace
04-25-2009, 06:49 PM
that looks like Proline2 to me. and i am only interested in Length, what is the length ? who care about weight.

CANADIAN763
04-25-2009, 06:55 PM
that looks like Proline2 to me. and i am only interested in Length, what is the length ? who care about weight.

The second picture says that the lenght is normal @ 27in and I think it says 10.8 oz but it is really fuzzy and it could be 10.8 11.8 or 12.8, not to mention all of the lead tape on her racquet.

ihearit1st
04-25-2009, 07:01 PM
nice photo finds. maybe it was just a bad lead tape application.

i can attest to the horribleness of this frame. i tried it with redcode/gut and hated it.

funny thing is she switched from the white to this, and the white is less stiff, and roughly the same weight. i think the black is WORSE for an injury than the white, but someone is telling maria differently. i hope for her sake they are right.

zidane339
04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
It says 308 grams on the throat, so it is about 10.8 oz.

CANADIAN763
04-25-2009, 07:07 PM
nice photo finds. maybe it was just a bad lead tape application.

i can attest to the horribleness of this frame. i tried it with redcode/gut and hated it.

funny thing is she switched from the white to this, and the white is less stiff, and roughly the same weight. i think the black is WORSE for an injury than the white, but someone is telling maria differently. i hope for her sake they are right.

It is worse and that is the point. One of her advisors/ coaches obviously screwed up. Or she is just that stupid and wouldn't mind staying injured for another couple of months:)
PS-I used to have an O3 White and it played pretty good, and felt 1000% better than the speedport black.

jetlee2k
04-25-2009, 08:25 PM

Thank you for the picture.. I doubted myself after I read ihearit1st reply.. I have no clue what's she playing but she for sure was hitting with this frame in practice.. I also wondered why didn't Prince send her some new Prince O3 black? She had 3 of these setup identical and it's pretty beat up I would say.. Bryan's brother are they playing with this frame too??

CANADIAN763
04-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Thank you for the picture.. I doubted myself after I read ihearit1st reply.. I have no clue what's she playing but she for sure was hitting with this frame in practice.. I also wondered why didn't Prince send her some new Prince O3 black? She had 3 of these setup identical and it's pretty beat up I would say.. Bryan's brother are they playing with this frame too??

Yes the Bryans are

jetlee2k
04-25-2009, 08:28 PM

I was pretty sure I saw the word "luxilon" on that real. Michael said it's experimental string specially made for her.. May be he confused or something..

MarrratSafin
04-25-2009, 09:39 PM
I was pretty sure I saw the word "luxilon" on that real. Michael said it's experimental string specially made for her.. May be he confused or something..

Very interesting. New strings from Luxilon? And thanks for sharing the pics man you were lucky to get these stuff! Jealous..:lol: