PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Men's Draw

Pages : [1] 2 3

ClarkC
04-28-2009, 03:54 PM
See it here (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ncaa/sports/m-tennis/auto_pdf/09MTennisTeamBracket.pdf).

Fedace
04-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Looks like Stanford has it Easy for the 1st 2 rounds. then we will probably play USC at college station. Stanford has beaten them before so should be a win there. but then, most likely next up will be Virginia. hopefully, virginia will choke there.

justacityboy
04-28-2009, 06:21 PM
anybody with knowledge of SEC tennis? particularly Kentucky? Wake Forest is probably looking at a second round matchup with the cats in Lexington if they can get past northwestern

chrisplchs
04-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Kentucky is good. not great, but good. the guys that play on the team have been together a long time as quite of few of them went to Bolliteri together.

jimwh
04-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Ole Miss went undefeated in the regular season, and won the SEC tournament. Watch out for the rebels.

AndrewD
04-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Ole Miss went undefeated in the regular season, and won the SEC tournament. Watch out for the rebels.

Finished #2 and didn't get a home match? Something very fishy about that.

Fedace
04-28-2009, 07:52 PM
If, by some catastrophy, Stanford doesn't make it, it could be Ohio State vs Virginia in the Finals. This should be a interesting match up. With Chase added to the lineup, Ohio state may have a decent chance here.

jaggy
04-29-2009, 04:47 AM
Im ****ed that Northwestern got in over Indiana who beat them in regular season and went further in the big 10 tourney. The NCAA has to be the worst organization in sports, what a joke all round from bad selection in the basketball tourney through the whole bowl fiasco.

Vik
04-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Im ****ed that Northwestern got in over Indiana who beat them in regular season and went further in the big 10 tourney. The NCAA has to be the worst organization in sports, what a joke all round from bad selection in the basketball tourney through the whole bowl fiasco.

Cry me a river. There are too many teams in the tournament anyway. No team in the 33-48 range will win more than one match.

Fedace
04-29-2009, 05:58 AM

Northwestern has big time influence in BIG 10 conference and in turn NCAA. so it didn't surprise me that they got in. also they have improved a great deal over last year, and their #1 player had some impressive wins.

jaggy
04-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Cry me a river. There are too many teams in the tournament anyway. No team in the 33-48 range will win more than one match.

I do agree with the lack of upsets but the selection seems to be pretty much based on a very bad ranking system.

woodrow1029
04-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Finished #2 and didn't get a home match? Something very fishy about that.
There are regional geographic rules in place that prevented them for hosting first 2 rounds. Also, they may not have filled out the proper paperwork. The Championships handbook can be found on the NCAA website if you wanted to look at the geographic rules.

woodrow1029
04-29-2009, 09:27 AM
I do agree with the lack of upsets but the selection seems to be pretty much based on a very bad ranking system.
And don't forget that 31 of the entries are based on automatic entrance because of winning conference championship.

woodrow1029
04-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Looks like Stanford has it Easy for the 1st 2 rounds. then we will probably play USC at college station. Stanford has beaten them before so should be a win there. but then, most likely next up will be Virginia. hopefully, virginia will choke there.
They also lost to USC.

ssgator80
04-29-2009, 12:01 PM
When does the Division II draw come out?

reesespiecestennis
04-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Fedace has an obsession. No team will beat UVA at college station if they go in hot. It's good to root for your team but you have to accept that they are not as good as you think they are.

bluetrain4
04-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Seriously, can any other teams besides Ole Miss, Virginia, and Ohio St. win the championship?

Fedace, I know you passionately back the Cardinal, and I don't doubt they can go deep, but, honestly, can they win it?

Fedace
04-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Fedace has an obsession. No team will beat UVA at college station if they go in hot. It's good to root for your team but you have to accept that they are not as good as you think they are.

That is what they said about UVA last year with Somdev on the team and What happened there ?????????:confused:

woodrow1029
04-29-2009, 12:40 PM
That is what they said about UVA last year with Somdev on the team and What happened there ?????????:confused:
He has a point.

God that was painful..

Fedace
04-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Seriously, can any other teams besides Ole Miss, Virginia, and Ohio St. win the championship?

Fedace, I know you passionately back the Cardinal, and I don't doubt they can go deep, but, honestly, can they win it?

YES they can go all the way. IF they beat USC, they will become unbeatable cause they have so much to prove, not to mention having the best coach on Earth.

woodrow1029
04-29-2009, 01:04 PM
YES they can go all the way. IF they beat USC, they will become unbeatable cause they have so much to prove, not to mention having the best coach on Earth.
Are you coming to Stanford for 1st and 2nd rounds, Fedace?

Fedace
04-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Are you coming to Stanford for 1st and 2nd rounds, Fedace?

That is a Maybe. but i run a Risk, and you know what that is.:shock:

woodrow1029
04-29-2009, 01:15 PM
That is a Maybe. but i run a Risk, and you know what that is.:shock:
Which risk is that?

Fedace
04-29-2009, 01:37 PM
Which risk is that?

You know what happened with Ojai thread. I am not going into that again. It is NOT worth it.

woodrow1029
04-29-2009, 01:45 PM
You know what happened with Ojai thread. I am not going into that again. It is NOT worth it.
Well, if you come up, look me up. I am a chair umpire for the men, and the head referee for the women that weekend.

Fedace
04-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Well, if you come up, look me up. I am a chair umpire for the men, and the head referee for the women that weekend.

Did you notice how the Stanford guys are so honest and fair with all their linecalls and yet guys from Cal and UCLA are making bad calls left and right. Don't you want to just give them the point penalty right away....?:)

Joeyg
04-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Did I miss something in the Ojai thread? Was someone threatening Fedace? I know that we tease him, but there is really no need for threats (real or imagined). Woodrow, I will look you up at Stanford. Fedace, if you do come, say hi to me. I will be the coach with the Chabot College sweats or windbreaker.

Fedace
04-29-2009, 02:19 PM
This guy from Stanford will carry the team to the Championships......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDC7GIfhmEU&feature=related

kctennis1005
04-29-2009, 03:43 PM
This guy from Stanford will carry the team to the Championships......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDC7GIfhmEU&feature=related

ur boy thacher isnt doin too well(as evident by how he did in ojai)....i dont know why u would post this

Fedace
04-29-2009, 04:55 PM
^^^Yes, Thacher will be the difference maker, when we upset Virginia.

ClarkC
04-29-2009, 05:34 PM

I would say the first tier includes not only Virginia, Ohio State, and Ole Miss, but also UCLA and Baylor. The winner should almost certainly come from this group.

The second tier includes Texas, Texas A&M, Georgia, Tennessee, USC, Stanford, and Florida. It is possible, but not very likely, that the winner could be a team from this second tier that gets hot, but it has been a while since such a thing happened.

Fedace
04-30-2009, 05:42 AM
OK, NCAA singles selection has been posted. From Stanford, Alex Clayton and Bradley Klahn has been selected to compete in the singles event. Could this be Clayton vs Klahn in the finals this year ?

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/tam/graphics/ncaa2009/20090429%20DI%20M%20Tennis%20Singles%20Doubles.pdf

countrydawg
04-30-2009, 08:35 AM
how can you say georgia is a second tier team. they are the 4th seed and 2 time defending champion. they have been in the final match 8 of the last 12 years. I feel like they deserve a little more credit.

alberto007
04-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Ohio State is a power house. My heart is with Wake Forest. Lets go Deacons.

woodrow1029
04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Did you notice how the Stanford guys are so honest and fair with all their linecalls and yet guys from Cal and UCLA are making bad calls left and right. Don't you want to just give them the point penalty right away....?:)
Actually, the Cal guys are pretty fair when it comes to line calls. I didn't work any of the UCLA matches this year, so I can't comment on them.

The Wreck
04-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Pssh, the Dawgs are going to quietly make the finals, as usual, and bring home another National Championship to Athens.

Mastadon_10S
04-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Virginia has a great team. A good buddy of mine did some coaching out there last year, Go Cavs!

ClarkC
04-30-2009, 06:44 PM
how can you say georgia is a second tier team. they are the 4th seed and 2 time defending champion. they have been in the final match 8 of the last 12 years. I feel like they deserve a little more credit.

Because I think they have no margin for error when they play another top team. In the indoors, they had a little bit of lineup stacking, with Varela down at #6. They knew that Malo and Bernstein were not going to win against top teams, so getting one point from 4/5/6 was as much as they could hope for. Then they had a mini-stack in doubles, swapping their 2nd and 3rd best teams so they could get wins at 1 and 3 and sacrifice #2 doubles. They are pulling that same doubles stack again, swapping 2/3 teams just since last weekend's SEC tourney (!) in the lineup they submitted for the NCAAs. But Varela is up at #4 singles now where he belongs, making his job a lot tougher.

Georgia has to win 1/2/3 singles and 1/3 doubles to beat a top team 4-3. That could happen, but it leaves no margin for error at those positions. They are very strong at those positions, but not unbeatable. There are some great #1 players and #1 doubles teams in the NCAA field, for example.

Georgia is a 4 seed largely based on making the finals at the indoors where they worked their lineup stacks to perfection and squeaked by in the easier half of the draw. They are now in the tougher half of the draw for the outdoors.

Georgia deserves a lot of credit for what they have done in the past, and they will have more depth next year as some more recruits arrive. This just isn't their year.

atatu
04-30-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, well UVA stacks also, as we have seen.

ClarkC
04-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Yeah, well UVA stacks also, as we have seen.

I think your claim was refuted a while back. Are you parading your ignorance again? Virginia beat your team fair and square and did not even play well in doing it. Get over it.

Fedace
04-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Georgia has some scary good players and they are very deep. that is what makes them dangerous. and they could upset Virginia. It would not surprise me if Virginia choked again like last year.

chrisplchs
04-30-2009, 08:09 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if UVA lost to FSU.

I have no idea how TAMU courts play but UVA needs fast courts and little to no wind conditions to win

If the courts are playing slow, then they have no chance

Fedace
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
I think TAMU is medium paced hard courts. and it can get windy at times at College station, TX.
If UVA needs Fast courts then how did they win at Chicago ??? chicago Indoors were played on Medium to Slow indoor plexicushion courts...

Vik
05-01-2009, 04:50 AM
I think TAMU is medium paced hard courts. and it can get windy at times at College station, TX.
If UVA needs Fast courts then how did they win at Chicago ??? chicago Indoors were played on Medium to Slow indoor plexicushion courts...

Actually, the TAMU courts are really, really slow.

Lindsay
05-01-2009, 05:08 AM

While they may play slow for an INDOOR court, indoor courts play much faster than outdoor. And yes, TAMU's courts play pretty slow.

OleNole
05-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't be shocked if UVA lost to FSU.

I have no idea how TAMU courts play but UVA needs fast courts and little to no wind conditions to win

If the courts are playing slow, then they have no chance

You don't go 29-0 without being able to win on all surfaces.

OleNole
05-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Speaking of the surface, if it doesn't benefit UVa, who does it benefit? Certainly not Ohio State, who plays almost all of their matches indoors. I don't know about who else.
Maybe it gives A&M a shot to make a run? I tend to think that team has more talent on it than it has shown. Even without home court, they should have a shot to win 1-4 against every team in the country.

chrisplchs
05-01-2009, 11:21 AM
You don't go 29-0 without being able to win on all surfaces.

I don't mean that they will lose to FSU if the conditions don't suit them but rather, it'll be a harder match than they wanted.

UVA is most vulnerable on slower surfaces as their 1 reminds me of Goran, 2 hits very flat ball, 4 is S&V player, 5 is Karlovic

What I'm saying is that if the surface is as slow as yall say it is, then they have no chance of winning it all. Absolutely none

safins back
05-02-2009, 09:11 AM
UCLA or Virginia should win it all. That is my prediction for what it's worth

Fedace
05-02-2009, 03:39 PM
are you for real?

Not sure about the court conditions. Do you think slow hard courts really favor one team over another at a College level ?

woodrow1029
05-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Not sure about the court conditions. Do you think slow hard courts really favor one team over another at a College level ?
Well, I think it potentially can, but I was more referring to the "we have a hater" part. That was pretty harsh against someone who only voiced their opinion on the court speed.

Fedace
05-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Well, I think it potentially can, but I was more referring to the "we have a hater" part. That was pretty harsh against someone who only voiced their opinion on the court speed.

Oh i see. but i think Stanford will perform really well on that slow hard courts. Guys like Hirshman and Muller has the tendency to get overpowered by big hitters and do little better if the courts are slow. Klahn and Clayton can play on anything.

ClarkC
05-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Oh i see. but i think Stanford will perform really well on that slow hard courts. Guys like Hirshman and Muller has the tendency to get overpowered by big hitters and do little better if the courts are slow. Klahn and Clayton can play on anything.

Stanford won't win at #6 against anyone good, so the courts that Hirshman and Muller prefer are not relevant.

atatu
05-02-2009, 08:12 PM
I think your claim was refuted a while back. Are you parading your ignorance again? Virginia beat your team fair and square and did not even play well in doing it. Get over it.

Uh...no. First of all, UT is not "my team" I went to UCSB, they are my team. UVA did stack against Texas, but it's not a big deal, UT played Damico at #5 against Baylor, and Baylor does that type of thing all the time. I just don't think anyone should go around pointing fingers accusing teams (in your case Georgia) of stacking when a lot of teams do it. By the way, I agree that UVA did not play well against Texas, and they should win it all if they play up to their potential. Also, you should calm down a little, personal attacks are really not necessary.

Fedace
05-03-2009, 07:38 AM
I think Bradley Klahn is reminding me more and more of Rafael Nadal.... wonder if Bradley can accomplish similar feats..

Fedace
05-03-2009, 08:59 AM
TIME to GET EXCITED. Count down begins toward Stanford's Journey to its Destiny of NCAA championship Title.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-tennis/09-ncaa-tournament-central.html

Fedace
05-03-2009, 03:35 PM
^^$15 for general admission ticket. That is what i call a Bargain. Be part of history and witness Coach Whitlinger's run at the Championships...

OleNole
05-03-2009, 03:47 PM
or the round of 16. either one.

ihearit1st
05-03-2009, 04:01 PM
I think Bradley Klahn is reminding me more and more of Rafael Nadal.... wonder if Bradley can accomplish similar feats..

I think he should first focus on being #1 on his own team.

ClarkC
05-03-2009, 04:08 PM
UVA did stack against Texas...

No, they didn't. If you are going to make allegations, back them up with data.

Fedace
05-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice to see Furman tennis made it into the draw. It looks like they are playing Alabama. They promised they are going to do some damage this year. Look for Furman to upset Alabama in the 1st round.

Joeyg
05-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Klahn like Nadal??? Whatever happened to Bruch like Federer? And the hits just keep coming!!

OleNole
05-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Lineups are out. Stanford's Alex Clayton, who has won the US Open Jrs. doubles isn't playing doubles at the NCAA's. Anyone know why?

Also, there's some nice stacking going on (Varela at 6 for UT), but some fairly notable teams chose not to stack, Kentucky being one. I know people have different feelings about this. I'd stack in a second if I thought it gave me a better chance to win a national championship.

http://web1.ncaa.org/tennis/exec/lineup?doWhat=listing&sportCode=MTE&division=1&fromLink=Y

woodrow1029
05-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Lineups are out. Stanford's Alex Clayton, who has won the US Open Jrs. doubles isn't playing doubles at the NCAA's. Anyone know why?

Also, there's some nice stacking going on (Varela at 6 for UT), but some fairly notable teams chose not to stack, Kentucky being one. I know people have different feelings about this. I'd stack in a second if I thought it gave me a better chance to win a national championship.

http://web1.ncaa.org/tennis/exec/lineup?doWhat=listing&sportCode=MTE&division=1&fromLink=Y
Doubles isn't Clayton's specialty. I'm pretty sure even Dr. Fedace would admit that Bruch/Kelly is a better choice for #3 doubles. Klahn/Thacher are the obvious #1, and Muller/Wire are a pretty solid #2 for them..

ChipNCharge
05-04-2009, 07:56 AM
In the event of rain this weekend, can the matches be moved indoors (at those host facilities that have indoor courts)? Or will the matches just be postponed because they have to be played outside?

woodrow1029
05-04-2009, 07:59 AM
In the event of rain this weekend, can the matches be moved indoors (at those host facilities that have indoor courts)? Or will the matches just be postponed because they have to be played outside?
One of the requirements of hosting a site of the 1st and 2nd rounds is that there must be sufficient indoor courts in the area in case of rain. So, they will be moved indoors.

ChipNCharge
05-04-2009, 08:05 AM
One of the requirements of hosting a site of the 1st and 2nd rounds is that there must be sufficient indoor courts in the area in case of rain. So, they will be moved indoors.

Thanks, Woodrow. That's good news. I asked for this Friday afternoon off so I can go over to the University of Tulsa to watch the first round matches. It's supposed to rain here this weekend.

OleNole
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM

I'll do the legwork. Virginia went Inglot, Shabaz, Singh, Barrick, Rooda, Courtney at single and Barrick/Singh, Inlot/Shabaz, Courtney/Singer at doubles. Here's where someone might think there was some stacking:
Going into that match, Inglot was ranked 18, Shabaz 16 and Singh 12, and Inglot and Shabaz both lost while Singh won.

But by the same logic, Sajous should have played 3rd that match instead of 5th. Also, even if UVa did stack, that was not the reason they won. Texas won 5 of the 6 first sets and only managed a 3-3 split in singles, then Kutrovsky and Zavala lost after bring up a break at 2nd doubles.

http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=88817&SPID=10610&DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=3693699

For the record, while I believe UVa did not stack for this match relative to how they usually lineup I do think Courtney at 6 is better than Rooda at 5.

reesespiecestennis
05-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Boland said either one of those three are goodenough to be 1. It's interchangeable. I have been to 3 UVA matches and I do believe that courtney may be a bit better than rooda but either way rooda put a win on the board.

It was funny at the BC match they sat out inglot and shabaz and still won 7-0. I think in that match they stacked because they had nguyen at 4 and courtney + singer at 5-6

reesespiecestennis
05-04-2009, 12:35 PM
And the difference in the rankings was incredibley slight between 1 2 and 3. Same goes for doubles. Singh+ barrick are beast as well as shabaz and inglot.

atatu
05-04-2009, 12:54 PM

Um...aren't you the one who started making accusations against Georgia ? Singh was 11-0 at #2 and they dropped him down to #3 ? That's about as much evidence as you presented in your "accusations" isn't it ?

Fedace
05-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Doubles isn't Clayton's specialty. I'm pretty sure even Dr. Fedace would admit that Bruch/Kelly is a better choice for #3 doubles. Klahn/Thacher are the obvious #1, and Muller/Wire are a pretty solid #2 for them..

Agree with Wood. Clayton stays back way too much in doubles and gets in trouble. Alex also insists on hitting passing shots in the alley and the opponents catches on to this pretty quick. Kelly as slow as he is, does close in to the net pretty well. and his huge serve really helps him get some easy 1st volleys.

Fedace
05-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Did you guys notice that Robert Farah of USC changed his racket. He is now using pure drive cortex. he was using the Aeropro drive for the longest time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L0vrTw_XH8&feature=channel

deddied
05-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Ive got some work to do to play at that level.

OleNole
05-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Alright folks. First round starts Friday, lets hear some predictions.
I'll take UVa over Ohio State in the final. UCLA and Georgia also to get to the semis. Potential Sleeper teams for me are Florida, Texas, and Texas A&M.

ClarkC
05-05-2009, 09:13 AM
Also, there's some nice stacking going on (Varela at 6 for UT) ...

Miguel Reyes Varela usually plays #4 but he has been hurt recently. If you check Texas' recent results, you will see him missing some matches with injury. It is not unusual to play down when you are recovering from injury.

Also, playing your #4 down at #6 means that two players (your #5 and #6) are disadvantaged by playing up, while only one is advantaged by playing down. That is the opposite of stacking. The only way that lineup change provides some tricky advantage is if the coach thinks they will lose all three bottom matches and is happy to just get one win. That is highly unlikely for any of the top 16 teams. No top 16 team wants to blow two matches to win one.

People really do need to learn what stacking means before they toss around allegations. Picture a stack of plates. Pull one out and put it on the top of the stack. That is the idea captured in the word stacking for tennis lineups. Pull your #4 or #5 out of the stack and put him on top, pushing 3-4 other players down. You tell the other coach, "Yeah, that guy used to be #5, but he has done really well in challenge matches lately at our practices." One guy gets sacrificed and has no chance of winning, but several others improve their chances. That's stacking. There are more subtle forms, but what Texas is doing only makes sense if there is an injury -- and there is.

Fedace
05-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Too bad the Oregan Ducks didn't make it. I would have wanted to see this nephew of Fenando Verdasco play in NCAA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S98SDNjaKI&feature=channel

ClarkC
05-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Um...aren't you the one who started making accusations against Georgia ? Singh was 11-0 at #2 and they dropped him down to #3 ? That's about as much evidence as you presented in your "accusations" isn't it ?

No, we have a whole season of evidence regarding Georgia' doubles teams. Their lineup has been tuned strictly for tournaments. After the indoors, they reverted to the lineup that is not stacked, because most of their matches are not as tough as the final 16 at the national tourneys. It helps to win as many as possible in the regular season to get your seed high. Then, with the SEC tourney over, they switch back to their national indoors doubles lineup when they submit a roster for the outdoor tourney. This is not a one-match phenomenon here. A one match change can be due to injury, illness, slump, etc. Georgia has a season-long record of manipulating the doubles lineup for tournaments only.

On the other hand, Singh was in a brief slump when we played Texas. He flew to India to compete on their Davis Cup team, got a minor injury, then got sent back to the USA when the team flew to Taiwan for the Davis Cup tie. He got back to Virginia and looked terrible in doubles and singles in our dual matches that week. Check out the results of our match (http://www.virginiasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=88817&SPID=10610&DB_OEM_ID=17800&ATCLID=3690116) against Old Dominion, our last decent opponent before our Texas trip. The coach tried to reward him for his stellar record so far that year by playing him at #1 against an opponent he would normally beat, and it turned out badly. He played terribly at #1 doubles, costing us the match, and then lost #1 singles. I was there and saw it. It was very unusual for a player of his ability. So the lineup changed for the Texas trip (although the Baylor match got rained out, so we only played Texas) because of his form. And he was not really in great form against Texas, either.

All of this was pointed out to you earlier in the thread about the Texas-Virginia match.

OleNole
05-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Miguel Reyes Varela usually plays #4 but he has been hurt recently. If you check Texas' recent results, you will see him missing some matches with injury. It is not unusual to play down when you are recovering from injury.

Right, and I did just that the other day. The idea that Varela at 4 constitues stacking comes from the Texas College Tennis blog where I found the rosters for the NCAA's and some analysis. What I was trying to provide an example of is that many schools have altered their rosters, not all necesarily seem like they will benefit the team. I saw a lot of this with doubles pairings getting broken up and flip-flopped. As I've already said, stacking is a non-issue for me because I know if I was in that situation I'd do whatever it takes to win a National Championship. I just think coaches get a little too into change for change's sake when submitting their rosters.

woodrow1029
05-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I am posting below the rules regarding line-ups in dual matches if this will help the discussion on "stacking." There are reasons and allowances for line-up changes from match to match.

K. Team Line-ups
1. Exchange of line-ups and scorebooks. One hour before the start of the
match, the coaches shall simultaneously exchange their complete
singles and doubles line-ups. The ITA Scorebooks shall show all team
results throughout the year up to that day. If a coach does not have his
scorebook, the referee shall send a letter to the ITA Ethics and
Infractions Committee.
2. Only physically able players shall be listed in the line-up. Coaches shall
list players in the line-up only if they are able to play.
3. Players must play in order of ability. The line-up shall always be based
INTERCOLLEGIATE TENNIS ASSOCIATION (ITA) REGULATIONS 257
on order of ability. “Matching up” is prohibited. In singles, players must
compete in order of ability with the best player on the team playing at
the No. 1 position, the second best at No. 2, and so on through all
positions. In case of injury or sickness, all players must move up. This
rule shall also apply to doubles play with the strongest doubles team at
No. 1, etc.
a. A player who has established a winning record at a team position
in six team matches and whose results show that he clearly is
stronger than the players below him may not be moved down. The
line-up must stay in order of ability.
b. If a top-six player (or team) clearly is stronger than the player
immediately above him, then the player must be moved up a
position.
c. Players of equal ability and equal record may alternate between
two adjacent positions so long as the alternating is not done for
the purpose of “matching up.”
d. A player shall not be moved down in the line-up because of:
i. An injury that has lasted and forced the player out of the lineup for less
than three weeks;
ii. Disciplinary measures; or
iii. Challenge matches after six team matches have been played
after January 1st of a school year.
4. Line-up changes in back-to-back dual matches. In back-to-back dual
meet matches (two consecutive dual meet matches played regardless of
time between matches), the team line-up (as played) may be changed. A
player may move up or down one position in this situation. The line-up
must still stay in order of ability.

OleNole
05-05-2009, 09:42 AM
BTW Clark, Fedace, and everyone else; what are your predictions? I suspect I know who both of you'll pick to win, but who else do you like? Any upset picks?

Fedace
05-05-2009, 09:43 AM
^^We need to have a rule like this in USTA tennis as well.. Stacking the lineup should be illegal in any level..

Fedace
05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
BTW Clark, Fedace, and everyone else; what are your predictions? I suspect I know who both of you'll pick to win, but who else do you like? Any upset picks?

Stanford should sweep past everyone in their path like a Hurricane. There isn't anyone that can stand up to them. They are playing the best tennis of any team in the tournament right now.
Upset pick would be UCLA. I like their mental makeup. Their mental toughness in the tournament like this can take them a long way.
I also like Furman tennis to upset Alabama in the 1st round. they promised they would do some damage this year...:)

ClarkC
05-05-2009, 09:52 AM

I predict Virginia, but as I posted earlier, there is a top tier of Virginia, UCLA, Ohio State, Baylor, and Ole Miss who can all win it. Texas and Texas A&M have the tournament in their backyard, are used to the heat and wind and other conditions, will have great fan support, and can certainly pull off upsets. But I think the final winner will be from the top tier I listed.

OleNole
05-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Upset pick would be UCLA. I like their mental makeup. Their mental toughness in the tournament like this can take them a long way.
I also like Furman tennis to upset Alabama in the 1st round. they promised they would do some damage this year...:)

Nice. Gutsy on the Furman pick. I was high on Ole Miss originally but you guys have had some kind of effect on me because I pick UCLA in the semis.

woodrow1029
05-06-2009, 10:05 AM
How's it going Fedace? You all ready for this weekend? Have you decided to make the trip to Stanford?

Fedace
05-06-2009, 03:29 PM
How's it going Fedace? You all ready for this weekend? Have you decided to make the trip to Stanford?

If i do go, i would rather not give out that information. Thank you.

woodrow1029
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
If i do go, i would rather not give out that information. Thank you.
send me an email if you go. I'd like to meet you.

bluetrain4
05-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Does a lineup have to be set for the entire championships, or can a team change from match to match?

woodrow1029
05-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Does a lineup have to be set for the entire championships, or can a team change from match to match?
The lineup must remain the same from 1-5 for the whole championship tournament. The team may switch the #6 spot with their 6-8 players from match to match. In case of an injury, all players move up to fill the spot vacated by the injury.

woodrow1029
05-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Excited Fedace?

kctennis1005
05-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Too bad the Oregan Ducks didn't make it. I would have wanted to see this nephew of Fenando Verdasco play in NCAA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S98SDNjaKI&feature=channel

its fernando's cousin, not nephew....and didnt u go to ojai? u woulda saw him play there

Fedace
05-08-2009, 04:34 AM
LETS GET REAL.. Stanford starts its run at NCAA championships today. They have a meeting with Destiny called "NCAA championships". This will be first of many for Coach Whitlinger.

justacityboy
05-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Post results as you get them...

Wake Forest 4
Northwestern 0

vsgut
05-08-2009, 10:57 AM
GT women 4-0 vs Jackson State
Ole Miss Women 4-1 vs Denver

atatu
05-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Wow, Washington came back from an 0-3 start to beat Texas Tech 4-3, they won four consecutive three setters in singles. In two of those matches Tech won the first set, but the Huskies hung in there and came back, bad loss for Tech, they probably started looking ahead to playing Texas once they got ahead.

JLyon
05-08-2009, 12:21 PM
saw Auburn (oops not Bama) defeated USF 4-0
FSU defeated Jacksonville St 4-0 will play Auburn tomorrow.

edberg505
05-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Ugh, my Alma mater got mauled by Ole Miss today. Poor guys. It appears they put up a good fight though.

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-tennis/recaps/050809aae.html

abbeytxs
05-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Wow, Washington came back from an 0-3 start to beat Texas Tech 4-3, they won four consecutive three setters in singles. In two of those matches Tech won the first set, but the Huskies hung in there and came back, bad loss for Tech, they probably started looking ahead to playing Texas once they got ahead.

I was late getting to the courts so only got to see the last half hour or so of the matches. Washington did a great job of hanging in and finishing on top!

Texas just blew Sacred Heart out of the water. It wasn't really much fun to watch.
I think(hope) Texas - Washington might be more competitive!

atatu
05-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I was late getting to the courts so only got to see the last half hour or so of the matches. Washington did a great job of hanging in and finishing on top!

Texas just blew Sacred Heart out of the water. It wasn't really much fun to watch.
I think(hope) Texas - Washington might be more competitive!

Turns out Tech had match points, up a set and serving at 40-15, 5-3 at #6 singles I believe, that's a pretty monumental choke...

The Wreck
05-08-2009, 06:48 PM
UGA blanked SC State 4-0 today. Better test will come tomorrow, I'm sure.

Fedace
05-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Cardinal Sweeps over Sac State. Pepperdine is up next. This looks tough on paper but this too should be a easy victory......

May 8, 2009 - Stanford Calif.
NCAA Men's Tennis Championship - First Round
No. 9 Stanford 4, Sacramento State 0
DOUBLES
1) No. 28 Thacher/Klahn (STAN) d. No. 58 Stryhas/Harbatsiuk (SAC) 8-5
2) Starcevic/Ching (SAC) d. No. 40 Wire/Muller (STAN) 8-5
3) Bruch/Kelly (STAN) d. Smith/Klimenka (SAC) 8-4
Order of Finish: 2, 3, 1
SINGLES
1) No. 34 Bradley Klahn (STAN) d. Kiryl Harbatsiuk (SAC) 7-5, 6-3*
2) Ryan Thacher (STAN) d. Jason Smith (SAC) 6-3, 6-1
3) Matt Bruch (STAN) led Anton Stryhas (SAC) 6-3, 5-3, aban.
4) Marko Starcevic (SAC) led Richard Wire (STAN) 3-6, 7-6, 2-0, adan.
5) Holden Ching (SAC) led Blake Muller (STAN) 3-6, 6-3, 1-1, aban.
6) Greg Hirshman (STAN) d. Artur Klimenka (SAC) 6-4, 6-1
Order of Finish: 2, 6, 1
* denotes clinching match

kctennis1005
05-08-2009, 07:32 PM
pepperdine took down cal today.....pepperdine v. stanford next rd

pricey_aus
05-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Do you know if Hugh Clarke won for Pepperdine? or if he even played?

blaby
05-09-2009, 09:30 AM
why didnt alex clayton pley??
is he still injured??

abbeytxs
05-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Turns out Tech had match points, up a set and serving at 40-15, 5-3 at #6 singles I believe, that's a pretty monumental choke...

Was that the line where the Tech player had to take a medical time out for heat and cramping?
I was watching the matches on the South side, away from the score board so I had no idea Washington had come back from 0-3 to pull off the win. When they all started jumping around the court my friend and I were shocked by the win.

I didn't get to see today's match. How did Texas do?

Fedace
05-09-2009, 02:22 PM
ON NOW. Stanford playing Pepperdine. Should be a routine win for the Cardinal. Buy your tickets to Texas now.

http://www.gostanford.com/livestats/tennis/StanfordTennis.html

Fedace
05-09-2009, 03:21 PM
YES, Stanford wins the Doubles point. Up 1-0 now.

pricey_aus
05-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Clayton and Klahn are down early Feddie, but its lucky that your bottom order players are strong or else you might be in some trouble in the singles. See Hugh Clarke for Pepperdine? I've played him a few times, decent player. should be interesting to see if he can come back from a set down. How does Muller play?

justacityboy
05-09-2009, 04:04 PM
wake forest upset kentucky today in lexington. 4-2

wake dropped the doubles point but won singles at 1,2,5 and 6

pricey_aus
05-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Wow, Klahn and Clayton are both down a set. This might get interesting

Fedace
05-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Wow, Klahn and Clayton are both down a set. This might get interesting

YOu can't be perfect. We will give Pepperdine a few points so that they won't feel sorry for themselves....:)

pricey_aus
05-09-2009, 04:27 PM
What happened to Klahn mate?
It was a pretty comfortable loss, and Clayton seems to be rallying. What do you think is gonna happen feddie?

ClarkC
05-09-2009, 04:37 PM

Omar Altmann just beat Bradley Klahn, 6-3, 6-3.

pricey_aus
05-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Stanford should just about rap it up from here now, no?

ClarkC
05-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Stanford should just about rap it up from here now, no?

Or, they could wrap it up. Not sure how they are as rappers.

pricey_aus
05-09-2009, 04:45 PM
cmon buddy, you know what I meant. Its early morning Sunday where I am, cut me some slack if I make a few unforced errors

reesespiecestennis
05-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Videos of UVA at virginiasports.com

Fedace
05-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Omar Altmann just beat Bradley Klahn, 6-3, 6-3.

Omar Altmann is very good player. This does not surprise me one bit. You can't get any rhythm against him when he is serving well.

Fedace
05-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Stanford has a meeting with USC next thursday. Stanford's epic journey begins.

May 9, 2009 - Stanford Calif.
NCAA Men's Tennis Championship - Second Round
No. 9 Stanford 4, Pepperdine 1
DOUBLES
1) No. 28 Thacher/Klahn (STAN) led No. 8 Altmann/Beidas (PEPP) 5-5, aban.
2) No. 40 Wire/Muller (STAN) d. Kamel/Clarke (PEPP) 8-3
3) Bruch/Kelly (STAN) d. Llompart/Keplar (PEPP) 8-3
Order of Finish: 2, 3
SINGLES
1) No. 21 Alex Clayton (STAN) drew with No. 35 Bassam Beidas (PEPP) 4-6, 6-3, 1-1, aban.
2) No. 44 Omar Altmann (PEPP) d. No. 34 Bradley Klahn (STAN) 6-3, 6-3
3) Ryan Thacher (STAN) d. No. 120 Alex Llompart (PEPP) 6-2, 7-6(2)*
4) Matt Bruch (STAN) led Mahmoud Kamel (PEPP) 7-6, 3-4, aban.
5) Richard Wire (STAN) d. Alex Moreno (PEPP) 6-3, 6-2
6) Blake Muller (STAN) d. Hugh Clarke (PEPP) 6-3, 7-5
Order of Finish: 5, 2, 6, 3
* denotes clinching match

tennismom42
05-09-2009, 08:05 PM
See it here (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ncaa/sports/m-tennis/auto_pdf/09MTennisTeamBracket.pdf).
Where can I find a draw that updates with each days' results?

Fedace
05-10-2009, 03:31 AM
Where can I find a draw that updates with each days' results?

On this site, you can get all the scores and updates LIVE. You can also WATCH all the matches on livecam and cheer for Stanford as they win the NCAA championships..:)

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ncaa2009/tennis/

tennismom42
05-10-2009, 09:01 AM
On this site, you can get all the scores and updates LIVE. You can also WATCH all the matches on livecam and cheer for Stanford as they win the NCAA championships..:)

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ncaa2009/tennis/
I don't see a button for "live cam" Where is it?

JLyon
05-10-2009, 09:43 AM
live cam won't start until Rd of 16.
Also 12 of 16 seeds advanced from the men.
KY/AL both lost to WFU/BSU

vsgut
05-10-2009, 11:52 AM
http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2009/ncaa_bracket_DI_tennis_men.html

johnkidd
05-10-2009, 03:00 PM

Didn't they play UGa at UGa in the Finals?

johnkidd
05-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Beat Xavier in their first match 4-0 and Michigan in their second 4-1.

I saw the rebroadcast of the Big 10 Finals and the Big 10 Network, and if it's windy in CS I think that will help the Buckeyes. ANyone who has played Spring tennis in the mid-west knows you can play in weather anywhere from calm and 65, cold and 35, and wind so bad you can hit a lob over to the next court and let it blow back.

ClarkC
05-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Didn't they play UGa at UGa in the Finals?

No, it was at Tulsa. The year before, we lost to Georgia at Georgia.

johnkidd
05-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Also saw Furman lost to Alabama....I'd love to hear serveitup911's take on his college career if he still posts on here.

johnkidd
05-10-2009, 03:26 PM
No, it was at Tulsa. The year before, we lost to Georgia at Georgia.

Mea Culpa...how could I forget....Somdev beat Isner in the Finals on his home court.

Fedace
05-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Stanford Women's team looking strong in the 2nd round. They are the team of Destiny this year... lol

Fedace
05-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't see a button for "live cam" Where is it?

Be Patient. When the tournament begins, you can click on the Live stats button. there will also be the link for the Live cam button. There should be at least 6 courts. Here is another link to the cams if you must have it now.:)

http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/live-video.html

vsgut
05-10-2009, 05:05 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2009/ncaa_bracket_DI_tennis_men.html

justacityboy
05-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Here's a breakdown of the 16 teams by conference:

ACC - 4 (UVa, Florida State, Miami, Wake)
Pac 10 - 3 (Stanford, USC, UCLA)
Big 12 - 3 (Texas, Texas A&M, Baylor)
SEC - 3 (Ole Miss, Georgia, Tennessee)
Big 10 - 2 (Ohio State , Illinois)
WAC - 1 (Boise State)

any thoughts? I thought the ACC was underrated this year, glad to see 4 teams getting in, especially considering Miami and Wake upset higher rated SEC teams to make it to College Station.

Kick_It
05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
It was cool to see that Arizona made it to the 2nd round for the first time.

Unfortunately they drew the short stick in facing Texas A&M at home in 2nd round.

Fedace
05-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Did you guys see the Upset of the tournament. PAC-10 champion USC loses to Washington on Sunday. What is up with that ?
DOUBLES
(1) Sarah Fansler-Lyndsay Kinstler (USC) lost to Joyce Ardies-Denise Dy (UW), 1-8
(2) Alison Ramos-Maria Sanchez (USC) lost to Venise Chan-Aleksandra Malovic (UW), 4-8
(3) Cristala Andrews-Amanda Fink (USC) vs. Samantha Smith-Lina Xu (UW), 6-6, susp.

Order of Finish: 1,2

SINGLES (1) Maria Sanchez (USC) lost to Venise Chan (UW), 4-6, 6-3, 6-7 (2-7)
(2) Amanda Fink (USC) def. Denise Dy (UW), 2-6, 7-5, 6-3
(3) Sarah Fansler (USC) def. Lina Xu (UW), 6-4, 7-6 (9-7)
(4) Alison Ramos (USC) lost to Samantha Smith (UW), 1-6, 2-6
(5) Leyla Entekhabi (USC) def. Joyce Ardies (UW), 6-4, 6-2
(6) Lyndsay Kinstler (USC) lost to Aleksandra Malovic (UW), 3-6, 4-6

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/w-tennis/spec-rel/051009aab.html

orangeblood
05-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Can anyone give a brief scouting report of Tennessee? I'm curious as to how Texas matches up with them.

I saw Texas v. Washington this past weekend. Kutrovsky and Corrie are in good form while Damico struggled a little bit before closing it out. Varela is in pretty good shape as well (although his opponent was a bit overmatched). I do think that Texas needs to step up the doubles a little more though in the next couple of rounds.

safins back
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
What do you think Wake Forest's chances of beating Baylor are?

johnkidd
05-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Feddie....this thread is about the mens draw....don't hijack it with womens tennis. Put it in another thread.

Fedace
05-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Feddie....this thread is about the mens draw....don't hijack it with womens tennis. Put it in another thread.

John Kidd, i only put that one in cause USC lost that match under very unusual circumstances. Gabrela Niculescu was suspensed from playing the NCAA tournament for an unknown reason. Since she is one of their top players ranked #57, and that is probably the reason why USC women's team lost, i thought it was worth while bringing up.:)

Vik
05-12-2009, 08:10 AM
So is anyone here making the trip to College Station?
I predict Ole Miss getting upset by A&M.

Fedace
05-12-2009, 08:15 AM
So is anyone here making the trip to College Station?
I predict Ole Miss getting upset by A&M.

Not going but here is link to the schedule. Men's team Practice Begin today. Do you know if the Google Earth is truly instantaneous or old pics. the Cams aren't working yet so i figure maybe i can watch them practice thru the Google earth Satellite ??

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ncaa2009/tennis/schedule.html

safins back
05-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Ole Miss will work A&M! Stranger things have happened but I wouldn't count on that. UCLA can upset Ole Miss however. That's my two cents. What do you think Wake Forest chance are against Baylor?

Fedace
05-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Baylor is too well coached and has experienced players that will not be upset early.

beernutz
05-12-2009, 09:55 AM
It looks like the seeding was pretty accurate with 13 of the 16 seeded teams making it to the round of 16. Only seeds 10, 11, and 14 failed to make it that far.

The SEC still looks strong with 3 teams in the final 16 and all of them higher seeds than their next opponents. Even though Ole Miss is the overall #2 I sure would not want to have to play a hot-as-fire A&M team next.

Who would be the biggest surprise so far, Boise St., Wake, or Miami?

My vote is for Miami given their record coming into the tournament, and of the three I would also have to give them the biggest chance of beating their next opponent (UCLA).

justacityboy
05-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Miami is an interesting team to watch. I've seen them play twice and they have looked putrid in doubles both times. They are however, very talented singles players and I'd give them a fighting chance to upset anybody. They took UVa to a 4-3 decision at home during the regular season so they've obviously got the talent to play with anyone.

Fedace
05-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Just remember that Texas A&M gets really windy often. Team that can handle the windy conditions will have the distinct advantage there.

atatu
05-12-2009, 11:22 AM
I'm taking the day off to go on Thursday, driving in from Austin.

Fedace
05-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm taking the day off to go on Thursday, driving in from Austin.

Good for you. You can be there to Witness the Stanford's domination over USC in the round of 16. Sorry i can't be there.
can i ask a favor ? Can you possibly buy 2 of those NCAA tournament T-shirt they are selling on site and send it to me ? I will pay you for your troubles.:)

Joeyg
05-12-2009, 11:38 AM
"Witness the Stanford's domination"????

diredesire
05-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Hey guys, I don't generally like to pop into threads, but can we keep this friendly?

Soliciting another member's personal info is honestly not acceptable. I don't care if you're joking, privacy is serious business.

ClarkC
05-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Ole Miss will work A&M! Stranger things have happened but I wouldn't count on that. UCLA can upset Ole Miss however. That's my two cents. What do you think Wake Forest chance are against Baylor?

Texas A&M is one of those dangerous teams with three outstanding players and then a drop-off after that. Georgia and Tennessee are somewhat the same pattern.

If the top three from Texas A&M are hot on their home court, Ole Miss is in for an unusually difficult round of 16 matchup.

Fedace
05-12-2009, 04:12 PM
One question. Is it legal for coaches to switch up the #1 and #2 spot for 1 match ? After looking at the lineup, it really looks like Bradley Klahn would do better at #1 singles against Farah. He has beaten Farah in Ojai already. Whereas, Alex always had problems with Farah in the past. I am not sure if this is even possible ?

ClarkC
05-12-2009, 04:29 PM
One question. Is it legal for coaches to switch up the #1 and #2 spot for 1 match ? After looking at the lineup, it really looks like Bradley Klahn would do better at #1 singles against Farah. He has beaten Farah in Ojai already. Whereas, Alex always had problems with Farah in the past. I am not sure if this is even possible ?

Woodrow already posted about this kind of matchup-seeking, and you replied that the USTA should enforce the same for team matches, it is such a wonderful thing to have such strict rules against stacking.

Now, you ask if Stanford can pull this trick to seek a matchup it likes. Incredible.

Fedace
05-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Woodrow already posted about this kind of matchup-seeking, and you replied that the USTA should enforce the same for team matches, it is such a wonderful thing to have such strict rules against stacking.

Now, you ask if Stanford can pull this trick to seek a matchup it likes. Incredible.

I seen it happen before. Maybe it was because there were some injury issues to the player in the cases i have seen. but i have seen higher ranked player playing lower spot. Not sure what the circumstances were there.

woodrow1029
05-12-2009, 05:11 PM
I seen it happen before. Maybe it was because there were some injury issues to the player in the cases i have seen. but i have seen higher ranked player playing lower spot. Not sure what the circumstances were there.
During the season, you can change your lineup. During the NCAA's, the line up is locked in from #1-5 for the whole tournament like I said before. #6 may change, and the lineup can only change due to injury, but you can't interchange 1-5.

Fedace
05-12-2009, 05:26 PM
During the season, you can change your lineup. During the NCAA's, the line up is locked in from #1-5 for the whole tournament like I said before. #6 may change, and the lineup can only change due to injury, but you can't interchange 1-5.

Thank you for the clarification.:) One other question, during the 2nd round at Stanford, on #1 court, there was some really questionable Over-rules. Umpire was overruling lines that was far away from the chair on what looked like very close call. These balls didn't look like it was any more than 1/2 inch out if at that. and this happened several times. and of course, Alex wasn't happy and he was arguing. also earlier the Ump ruled in favor of Alex on a shot that in the far corner that was really close as well.

Is there a rule or guideline that Ump must follow in over-ruling a call in NCAA ? It must be much tougher job for the umps since there is no linesman...:???:

Fedace
05-12-2009, 06:36 PM
^^^This is the match i was talking about. Umpire was this lady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b5tndrWgWI&feature=channel_page

woodrow1029
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Thank you for the clarification.:) One other question, during the 2nd round at Stanford, on #1 court, there was some really questionable Over-rules. Umpire was overruling lines that was far away from the chair on what looked like very close call. These balls didn't look like it was any more than 1/2 inch out if at that. and this happened several times. and of course, Alex wasn't happy and he was arguing. also earlier the Ump ruled in favor of Alex on a shot that in the far corner that was really close as well.

Is there a rule or guideline that Ump must follow in over-ruling a call in NCAA ? It must be much tougher job for the umps since there is no linesman...:???:
No overrules in the video there at all. The rule is that it has to be a clear mistake. And yes there can be clear mistakes on the far sideline. I overruled on match point on the far sideline during the Cal vs. Pepperdine match on Friday.

The lady in that video is a very experienced official. She would not overrule far sideline unless she really saw a clear mistake. Just for a little background, she has umpired singles finals at the US Open in the chair.

woodrow1029
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
btw, was that you taking that video Dr.?

Fedace
05-12-2009, 07:06 PM
btw, was that you taking that video Dr.?

If it was me, why would i use a name Calbear ? I think not. She chaired a final in US open in what ? Junior final ? Wheelchair final ?:confused:

AndrewD
05-12-2009, 07:31 PM
I overruled on match point on the far sideline during the Cal vs. Pepperdine match on Friday.

Any chance you can tell the player to shut-up? Surely the player in that video, Beidas, was constantly infringing on the rules as they relate to hindering an opponent. The video will have a lag but, even so, it did appear quite obvious that the bulk of his 'noise' was coming well after he'd hit the ball and much closer to the moment when Clayton was hitting his shot.

If Clayton had complained, would you have warned Beidas ?

Fedace
05-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Any chance you can tell the player to shut-up? Surely the player in that video, Beidas, was constantly infringing on the rules as they relate to hindering an opponent. The video will have a lag but, even so, it did appear quite obvious that the bulk of his 'noise' was coming well after he'd hit the ball and much closer to the moment when Clayton was hitting his shot.

If Clayton had complained, would you have warned Beidas ?

LOL, did Umps ever warn Sharapova, Seles, Connors or Gonzo ?

woodrow1029
05-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Women's Singles Final, Women's Doubles, and I believe Mixed also.

She chaired a final in US open in what ? Junior final ? Wheelchair final ?:confused:

randomname
05-13-2009, 02:44 AM
Texas A&M is one of those dangerous teams with three outstanding players and then a drop-off after that. Georgia and Tennessee are somewhat the same pattern.

If the top three from Texas A&M are hot on their home court, Ole Miss is in for an unusually difficult round of 16 matchup.

Hoover has really ended up becoming a huge asset at #6 too, they would probably be a top 5 team if the #2 and #3 doubles would win a match every now and then.

Joeyg
05-13-2009, 05:31 AM
If ignorance is bliss, I know one very happy poster. Wheelchair final, indeed!

jimwh
05-13-2009, 06:19 AM
Good luck to Ole Miss, really got screwed on their draw. They finished number 2 in the country and led the nation in attendance. Instead of hosting a regional, they were sent to Baton Rouge to play L.S.U. in the second round and now College Station to play Texas A&M.

rubberduckies
05-13-2009, 06:59 AM
Not going but here is link to the schedule. Men's team Practice Begin today. Do you know if the Google Earth is truly instantaneous or old pics. the Cams aren't working yet so i figure maybe i can watch them practice thru the Google earth Satellite ??

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ncaa2009/tennis/schedule.html

Are you being serious?
No, Google Earth is not live, lol.

Btw, how are you able to attend all the Stanford matches?

Joeyg
05-13-2009, 07:23 AM
It's a long flight from Chic...oops! I mean San Diego.

NickC
05-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Are you being serious?

He's an idiot. Don't listen to his nonsense. Watching a tennis match live on Google Earth? Are you kidding me?

And he doesn't go to any "Sandford" matches, he's just talking out of his ***. The team filed harassment charges against the lad and now he's gotten himself a nice restraining order. That's a long way down from when he held the title of "Official Team Stalker". Or not...

It's a long flight from Chic...oops! I mean San Diego.

He never made it out to Chicago, right? I always thought the boy had never left his mother's basement in San Diego?

Joeyg
05-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Other way around, NickC.

atatu
05-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Good for you. You can be there to Witness the Stanford's domination over USC in the round of 16. Sorry i can't be there.
can i ask a favor ? Can you possibly buy 2 of those NCAA tournament T-shirt they are selling on site and send it to me ? I will pay you for your troubles.:)

If you are serious, email me at atatu2005@yahoo.com

Fedace
05-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Are you being serious?

It is a Joke, of course.:)

Fedace
05-13-2009, 03:49 PM
He's an idiot. Don't listen to his nonsense. Watching a tennis match live on Google Earth? Are you kidding me?

And he doesn't go to any "Sandford" matches, he's just talking out of his ***. The team filed harassment charges against the lad and now he's gotten himself a nice restraining order. That's a long way down from when he held the title of "Official Team Stalker". Or not...

He never made it out to Chicago, right? I always thought the boy had never left his mother's basement in San Diego?

Yea right....That Junior College in MEXICO really taught you to be a good Stalker.....:shock:

pricey_aus
05-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Yea right....That Junior College in MEXICO really taught you to be a good Stalker.....:shock:

hahaahahahahahahahahahaah god i love you fedace

Joeyg
05-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Stalker? Do you mean the "Night Stalker"? Wasn't that a tv show in the 70's? I believe his name was Kolchak.

pricey_aus
05-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Fedace, you are actually the sweetest person on this entire website. no joke

Fedace
05-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Fedace, you are actually the sweetest person on this entire website. no joke

Thanks. on more pertinent note to this thread. I am looking forward to tomorrow's matchup with USC and Stanford. This should be a close one. Hopefully the webcam will be working in perfect order. I look forward to Alex getting his revenge against Farah and taking his team to the next round.
and let me say one thing about Coach Whitlinger. I know some people thinks there are much better coaches in NCAA than coach Whit but there is no better human being in college coaching ranks. The Man is full of Heart and Good Will and heart of a Champion. :):):)

pricey_aus
05-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks. on more pertinent note to this thread. I am looking forward to tomorrow's matchup with USC and Stanford. This should be a close one. Hopefully the webcam will be working in perfect order. I look forward to Alex getting his revenge against Farah and taking his team to the next round.
and let me say one thing about Coach Whitlinger. I know some people thinks there are much better coaches in NCAA than coach Whit but there is no better human being in college coaching ranks. The Man is full of Heart and Good Will and heart of a Champion. :):):)

Ohhh I was looking forward to watching it on google earth. I wonder what it would be like watching stanford vs. usc on google earth :rolleyes:

Fedace
05-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Ohhh I was looking forward to watching it on google earth. I wonder what it would be like watching stanford vs. usc on google earth :rolleyes:

You can get the CIA version of google earth, then it won't be so bad.

pricey_aus
05-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah you would be able to see Robert Farah kill Alex Clayton clearly! ohhhhh yeah

NickC
05-13-2009, 06:30 PM

You got anything against my school? First things first, it wasn't a junior college. I got a hell of a better education in 2 semesters there (it's an American school, for the record) than you ever got. Compare a post I make and compare a post you make and you'll see exactly what I mean. Oh, woops, I mean that I could write like I do in second grade, and realized how important spelling and grammar is. Normally, Stanford grads should realize that, but since you never passed anything higher than kindergarten, you haven't realized that yet. And have you got anything against Mexico? I have a few contacts from my school that happen to live in San Diego. Would you like one of them (or more than one?) to pay you a little visit and show you what it's like to be from Mexico?

And as for what I learned there, I can only say this.

Erres una pinche puta y tu no sabes nada, pendajo. Hay una razon que nadie le gusta tu aqui, y este razon es que erres una pinche retradado

pricey_aus
05-13-2009, 06:35 PM
You got anything against my school? First things first, it wasn't a junior college. I got a hell of a better education in 2 semesters there (it's an American school, for the record) than you ever got. Compare a post I make and compare a post you make and you'll see exactly what I mean. Oh, woops, I mean that I could write like I do in second grade, and realized how important spelling and grammar is. Normally, Stanford grads should realize that, but since you never passed anything higher than kindergarten, you haven't realized that yet. And have you got anything against Mexico? I have a few contacts from my school that happen to live in San Diego. Would you like one of them (or more than one?) to pay you a little visit and show you what it's like to be from Mexico?

Erres una pinche puta y tu no sabes nada, pendajo

Basing someones Academic and Collegiate achievments by the level of their posts on a tennis talking website is completely irrelevant. I don't understand you NickC. You constantly rip on Fedace for his posts, when he is clearly taking the pi$s out of you half the time. You constantly correct him for spelling errors, I mean come on, what does 1 spelling error make? And honestly, do you think that for every single second of every single day, people have to spell correctly, and formulate sentences to the best of their ability? Jeez man where not writing our college application, WHERE POSTING ON A TENNIS WEBSITE!

and also, telling fedace he's a ****ing ***** and knows nothing in Spanish is not cool mate.

ClarkC
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Oh, woops, I mean that I could write like I do in second grade, and realized how important spelling and grammar is. [/I]

How important is they? :)

NickC
05-13-2009, 06:41 PM
and also, telling fedace he's a ****ing ***** and knows nothing in Spanish is not cool mate.

I rip into him because he made a very insulting post to me about a sick (as in life-threating sickness) a family member of mine (after I had explained the situation to him), and when I posted a message simply requesting an apology and nothing more, he whined to the mods and I got a referral and my post was deleted. His still stands. If he made a simple apology by manning up and admitting his mistake, I would have zero reason to rip into him. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

justacityboy
05-13-2009, 06:46 PM
aight, let's un-hijack this thread back to tennis. Round of 16 tomorrow. Make some pics people.

Allow me to start.

UVa over FSU
USC over Stanford (sorry Fedace)
Georgia over Illinois
Texas over Tennessee
WF over Baylor (picking with the heart here)
tOSU over Boise State
UCLA over Miami
Ole Miss over A&M

pricey_aus
05-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I rip into him because he made a very insulting post to me about a sick (as in life-threating sickness) a family member of mine (after I had explained the situation to him), and when I posted a message simply requesting an apology and nothing more, he whined to the mods and I got a referral and my post was deleted. His still stands. If he made a simple apology by manning up and admitting his mistake, I would have zero reason to rip into him. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

OK, I apologise, I didn't know that. But surely, he meant it (as bad taste as it was) as fun, and it was taken overboard. Surely everyone on here has done that before, and knows the embarassment and humiliation when that happens? Surely we should be able to forgive and forget and get back onto the topic! Which suprisingly, was about how USC is going to kick Stanfords as$ tomorrow!

NickC
05-13-2009, 07:07 PM
OK, I apologise, I didn't know that. But surely, he meant it (as bad taste as it was) as fun, and it was taken overboard. Surely everyone on here has done that before, and knows the embarassment and humiliation when that happens? Surely we should be able to forgive and forget and get back onto the topic! Which suprisingly, was about how USC is going to kick Stanfords as$ tomorrow!

Cheers for the response, mate. I figured it was fun as well, but Fedace made a "Your Mother" joke after I had already explained to him what the situation was. I had just simply told him the real deal, and asked for an apology. I got a referral. He whined and eventually walked away untouched.

But anyway, I think A&M will go far this Tourney, as home court advantage is clearly working for them so far and they've got a hell of a team. I spoke to a buddy of mine who attends A&M (he was a good friend of mine during the first semester of my Mexico adventure) and he says the team is downright nasty. Wouldn't be surprised if they made a nice run out of it.

kctennis1005
05-13-2009, 08:44 PM

Erres una pinche puta y tu no sabes nada, pendajo. Hay una razon que nadie le gusta tu aqui, y este razon es que erres una pinche retradado

u spelled "eres" wrong buddy

Fedace
05-13-2009, 09:29 PM

Yes,,,, cause your Junior high school in Mexico has only taught you one thing..... How to stalk people you have never met and have no idea about and how to pick fights with people you don't know. and Yes i really hope against hope one day you will graduate and let you into the real community college in the states.........:):shock:

Fedace
05-13-2009, 09:33 PM

Don't believe that story about his sick relative. I have NO IDEA what he is talking about. This is the first time i have EVER seen it or read about it. If he is saying i had anything to do with it, it is a LIE to cover up why he is stalking me around the forum.... and i already have got in touch with local POLICE about this matter when i was in Ojai, just so that if he becomes a real life stalker, i will have Police record. :twisted:

socaltennnis
05-13-2009, 11:36 PM
fedace, you are out of line.

Fedace
05-14-2009, 03:50 AM
fedace, you are out of line.

Mods deleted his posts cause they were flaming and trolling posts. I Have NO idea what he is talking about any sick relative. If that was true, Mods would have never deleted his post. He only posts to pick fights and throw insults, that is whys MODS deleted his posts.

Vik
05-14-2009, 04:54 AM
UVA
Stanford
GA
Tenn
Baylor
OSU
UCLA
A&M

Joeyg
05-14-2009, 05:44 AM
It's interesting that Fedace considers anyone who challenges his opinions and wild predictions to be a stalker. Granted, NickC can go a little overboard with the criticism.

I generally try and inject a little humor into the situation and tend to make fun of the mis-spellings, grammatical errors, etc. For this, I am branded a stalker by the good doctor. As many of you know, I have given my real name, location and occupation many times, just so people won't be uncomfortable. However, this does not seem to be enough, I am still branded a stalker who's behavior warrants a call to the Ojai police.

Mods: I am not flaming or trolling here, just stating facts. I think this post should remain here and not be deleted in an effort to be fair to ALL parties.

Fedace
05-14-2009, 06:09 AM
UVA
Stanford
GA
Tenn
Baylor
OSU
UCLA
A&M

I agree with you. ON now Georgia Vs Illinois. Obvious fav is Georgia but Illinois does have a outside chance at this one. :):)

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ncaa2009/tennis/stats.html

Fedace
05-14-2009, 06:33 AM
Texas A&M webcam and LIVE scoring is really top notch. They really went all out on this one. only cam 1 is working at the moment but i suspect other cams will be working soon.

ClarkC
05-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Texas A&M webcam and LIVE scoring is really top notch. They really went all out on this one. only cam 1 is working at the moment but i suspect other cams will be working soon.

Other cams are working, you just have to click around to get them.

The LiveStats are horrible.

ClarkC
05-14-2009, 06:55 AM
LiveStats says Ruelofse/Nevolo of Illinois beat Schnugg/Hunt of Georgia at #1 doubles, 8-5.

Someone at the match with wireless laptop posts that Georgia won #1 doubles and he sat and watched it.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE LiveStats are the rule for NCAA tourneys. They worry so much about the silly video and cannot get LiveStats right. Tulsa was horrible last year.

Prepare for a VERY frustrating tournament trying to follow your team.

ClarkC
05-14-2009, 06:56 AM
If anyone from this board is present at the match, please post ACTUAL scores here as a public service. Thanks.

Vik
05-14-2009, 06:59 AM
The video is sweet! No downloads needed so I can watch at work.
I can't tell if all the courts have webcams or not. I can hear play going on but can't find it. Won't let me click on some of the courts.

Live stats definitely not working yet. Texas w/ the doubles point over Tenn?

ClarkC
05-14-2009, 07:01 AM
I can't tell if all the courts have webcams or not. I can hear play going on but can't find it. Won't let me click on some of the courts.

I heard that Texas dominated the doubles.

Lefty Spin
05-14-2009, 07:06 AM
The scoring for the live stats in wrong. Georgia won the doubles point against Illinois.

ClarkC
05-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Then they had a mini-stack in doubles, swapping their 2nd and 3rd best teams so they could get wins at 1 and 3 and sacrifice #2 doubles. They are pulling that same doubles stack again, swapping 2/3 teams just since last weekend's SEC tourney (!) in the lineup they submitted for the NCAAs.

Hmm. Georgia wins at 1/3 doubles, but loses at 2 against Illinois. Interesting pattern.

Fedace
05-14-2009, 07:24 AM

SAme thing here. ONly 1 court is working at the moment. It looks like they are working on it. the scoreboard seem to be working little better. I have to admit the Video is surprisingly good..... don't let your boss catch you..:)

Lefty Spin
05-14-2009, 08:04 AM
The live stats seem to be correct now.

Fedace
05-14-2009, 08:22 AM
This is a really Big surprise. ONe for the Big 10.... Illinois is UP on 5 of the 6 singles courts. This could be a huge upset. Georgia is supposed to be much better in singles but it isn't so today....

http://www.aggieathletics.com/ncaa2009/tennis/stats.html

GRANITECHIEF
05-14-2009, 08:40 AM
So is USC v Stanford after Texas/Tenn?

Fedace, Thanks for the link. BTW, happen to be available for a hit in SD this weekend?

woodrow1029
05-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Fedace, you all ready? Stanford needs to get off to a quick start in the singles. I don't see them winning the doubles today. You never know though. Clayton is going to need to play much more consistently today than he did in the first set last Saturday. Should be a good match though..

woodrow1029
05-14-2009, 08:44 AM
UGA is starting to turn it around..

Fedace
05-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Fedace, you all ready? Stanford needs to get off to a quick start in the singles. I don't see them winning the doubles today. You never know though. Clayton is going to need to play much more consistently today than he did in the first set last Saturday. Should be a good match though..

I am afraid Stanford may need the doubles point in order to win today.

JLyon
05-14-2009, 09:00 AM
lets see if Damico can close out the match and the team upset leading 4-1 in the 3rd.

Vik
05-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Damico broke for 5-1.
Then donked off his serve. 5-2 now. If the Tenn guy can get an easy hold, it could be choke time.

woodrow1029
05-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Fedace, you know that Stanford started already right? Court 2 from the Tennessee match is Klahn/Thacher, Court 4 is Muller/Wire, Court 6 is Bruch/Kelly

Vik
05-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Wow. Easy hold for Tenn. 5-3 now. Damico only got one ball past the service line that game. He's might have a hard time serving with his nuts in his throat. Maybe the crowd can pull him through.

By the way, live stats are fantastic now.

raven5288
05-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Texas wins 4-3

TEXAS FIGHT

Vik
05-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Boom. Damico wins 6-3. ***o for TN missed 3 second serve returns in the net including the last net cord at 40-30. Texas moves on 4-3 with the upset.

Weird match. Only this last line was competitive. All the other singles matches were easy straight setters.

Illinoise looks to be up 3-1 with remaining matches in the 3rd set. On serve at lines 1 & 6, GA up a break at line 3.

Fedace
05-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Fedace, you know that Stanford started already right? Court 2 from the Tennessee match is Klahn/Thacher, Court 4 is Muller/Wire, Court 6 is Bruch/Kelly

Thanks, i did not know that. and the cams there still isn't working. that really sucks..:???:

Fedace
05-14-2009, 09:22 AM

Who is winning on court 2 ???

woodrow1029
05-14-2009, 09:29 AM
They are working for me. But I think the scores are slow. I can't tell who is winning right now. I think all 3 are on serve

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 09:32 AM
so the correct score of Illinois UGa is 3-1? The scoreboard shows 3 singles matches done but the score says 2-1 Illinois.

Fedace
05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
They are working for me. But I think the scores are slow. I can't tell who is winning right now. I think all 3 are on serve

Webcams aren't even linking. kind of sad really. and now the Scores are frozen there too....no idea what is going on.:???:

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
it's 3-3 in illinois v. georiga. coming down to #1 singles.

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 09:40 AM
i see that Fedace, they've stopped showing all the matches on the grandstand courts.... they're probably trying to reset them to get the lineups right for stanford - usc doubles....

Fedace
05-14-2009, 09:41 AM
i see that Fedace, they've stopped showing all the matches on the grandstand courts.... they're probably trying to reset them to get the lineups right for stanford - usc doubles....

Yea,, at the pace that they are going, the matches will be over and it will be tomorrow afternoon....:neutral:

woodrow1029
05-14-2009, 09:46 AM
Courts 2, 4 and 6 on the grandstand are working for me with the stanford doubles.

Fedace
05-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Some kind of Heated Argument going on with Nate and the Umpire..??????? This is with Shnugg serving for the Dual match and now break point...

woodrow1029
05-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Some kind of Heated Argument going on with Nate and the Umpire..??????? This is with Shnugg serving for the Dual match and now break point...
Yeah. I don't know what that argument was about. At first I thought that Spicijaric didn't get to the ball way back in the corner before the second bounce, but that's not something that the referee could come to the court to discuss, so I don't know.

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I think he was trying to claim a let when all the Illinois guys stood up in the stands when the guy was about to put away the overhead...

UGA wins 4-3.

Fedace
05-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Courts 2, 4 and 6 on the grandstand are working for me with the stanford doubles.

Webcam or the scoreboard ?? who is winning ?

woodrow1029
05-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Webcam or the scoreboard ?? who is winning ?
The cams.. scoreboards are not working. I can't tell who's winning though.. gggrrr..

woodrow1029
05-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I think he was trying to claim a let when all the Illinois guys stood up in the stands when the guy was about to put away the overhead...

UGA wins 4-3.
You're probably right..

Fedace
05-14-2009, 10:02 AM
The cams.. scoreboards are not working. I can't tell who's winning though.. gggrrr..

Do you have the link to the video please ??? thank you.

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 10:03 AM
this is killing me, they've blacked out every court with action on it. The only thing I can watch is the Georgia guys stretching after their match.....

woodrow1029
05-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Do you have the link to the video please ??? thank you.
It was the same link you had. It was working until I hit refresh, now it's not working anymore. I should have just left it alone. I was thinking if I refreshed, the scores would update. WRONG.. :-(

Fedace
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
It was the same link you had. It was working until I hit refresh, now it's not working anymore. I should have just left it alone. I was thinking if I refreshed, the scores would update. WRONG.. :-(

where did you click to get the court 5 and 6 ??? Each court with scores has live cam button but if i click on it, it just does nothing......

woodrow1029
05-14-2009, 10:08 AM
where did you click to get the court 5 and 6 ??? Each court with scores has live cam button but if i click on it, it just does nothing......
Everything is frozen now..

Fedace
05-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Everything is frozen now..

Did it look like Stanford guys were doing well and upbeat ? or did they look like they were playing catch up ???

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 10:19 AM
stanford and usc courts are back... still no UVa and FSU

Fedace
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
stanford and usc courts are back... still no UVa and FSU

Are you getting video feeds ? cause the live score isn't working..

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 10:21 AM
and they're getting ready to start singles... looks like we won't know who won doubles until the website folks get their $#it together

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 10:21 AM
i'm just getting the live feed. they're still showing the names of the tennessee and texas match

Fedace
05-14-2009, 10:26 AM
i'm just getting the live feed. they're still showing the names of the tennessee and texas match

How did you get to the live feeds for those courts ?? I briefly saw that USC up 1-0 which means they won the doubles. then it quickly blanked out.

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 10:29 AM
it just pops up above the scores on my computer screen. Try switching your browser and see if it helps.

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 10:33 AM
scoreboard shows USC won the doubles point... no updates on UVa FSU

Vik
All of the singles matches webcams should be working now. Live stats are working except that the names haven't been changed. Pretty sure Stanford is the bottom team listed in each match. So Stanford up a break on 4 and down a break on 2.

ClarkC
How did you get to the live feeds for those courts ?? I briefly saw that USC up 1-0 which means they won the doubles. then it quickly blanked out.

Someone on-site emailed that Stanford won the doubles point. Not sure what the truth is at this point.

justacityboy
05-14-2009, 10:36 AM
All of the singles matches webcams should be working now. Live stats are working except that the names haven't been changed. Pretty sure Stanford is the bottom team listed in each match. So Stanford up a break on 4 and down a break on 2.

what about the feeds for UVa and FSU? They have 3 courts up... the 3 not being used for doubles :evil:

Vik
05-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Someone on-site emailed that Stanford won the doubles point. Not sure what the truth is at this point.

Don't toy w/ Feddie's emotions like that :)

Fedace
05-14-2009, 10:38 AM
it just pops up above the scores on my computer screen. Try switching your browser and see if it helps.

How do you switch the browser ?? now the scores are up but wrong names and video cam link still doesn't work ......