PDA

View Full Version : tourny draws

Pr0FiT
04-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey I have quick question about a draw for a tournament i entered:

They way they did the draw I'll end up playing three matches in one day; 8AM, 12PM, then 3PM. Three singles matches in one day seems a bit much for me. I don't know why they chose to do this instead of doing a 2/2 format or, maybe just start on Friday instead of Saturday. Anyway, my question is does anybody know if there is a specific rule prohibiting this type of draw? Or, are we at the mercy of the tournament organizer?

woodrow1029
04-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey I have quick question about a draw for a tournament i entered:

They way they did the draw I'll end up playing three matches in one day; 8AM, 12PM, then 3PM. Three singles matches in one day seems a bit much for me. I don't know why they chose to do this instead of doing a 2/2 format or, maybe just start on Friday instead of Saturday. Anyway, my question is does anybody know if there is a specific rule prohibiting this type of draw? Or, are we at the mercy of the tournament organizer?
What kind of tournament is it?

Are they using full 3 sets, or a match tiebreak for the 3rd set?

Pr0FiT
04-29-2009, 12:13 PM
three set format. adults.

woodrow1029
04-29-2009, 12:20 PM
The USTA Friend at Court says 3 matches per day, no more than 2 of those should be singles matches. And I believe it is mandatory for Category 1 USTA adult tournaments as long as it is not following ITF rules. You should address the issue with the referee as soon as possible before the tournament starts and ask if its possible to schedule differently. Quote page 98-99 of Friend at Court, specifically Table 7.

woodrow1029
04-29-2009, 12:21 PM
What tournament and what section is it in?

Pr0FiT
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks. I just found that little chart in the book. Very helpful. Here is the tourny

http://tennislink.usta.com/tournaments/tournamenthome/tournament.aspx?T=74104