PDA

View Full Version : Samster versus Saram II: Red Storm Rising and Spirit of a Champion

samster
05-02-2009, 04:04 AM
Crowds, gather for Samster VS Saram II: Red Storm Rising and Spirit of a Champion.

May 9th, 2009. Nashville, TN. Most recently voted as a top 10 most dangerous city in the USA by Forbes Magazine.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/23/most-dangerous-cities-lifestyle-real-estate-dangerous-american-cities_slide_8.html?thisSpeed=15000

samster
05-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Today I had the pleasure to train with a buddy of mine in anticipation for Samster vs. Saram II. My buddy is a master of the "PP", also known as the Pushing Phenomenon. I wasn't really taking him too seriously but soon found myself down 1-4 during the set. That was when I told myself, the way I was playing was not going to cut it against Sir Saram in our rematch. No joke, I was being Murrayed by my colleague.

The motivation got the adrenaline going, and the focus recentered around the yellow fuzzy ball, and BAM! I started my comeback quest. It was 2-4, 3-4, and then 4-4. That was when Dr. Clark stopped by courtside and gave me something to pass on to Sir Saram. And it was an N90!!! Oh boy, that got my blood pressure up. Somebody is attempting to help out Sir Saram in the upcoming Exo II (thanks a lot, J011yRoger)!!! And the rest was history, after another 1/2 hr of struggle, Samster prevailed at 7-5 to win the set.

Now, let's get serious. Next weekend I will attempt to become the only TWO-Time TTW EXO CUP Champion. (Speaking of which, where is my trophy from the first exo, Dr. Clark?) Time to settle our differences and similarities on the court. K90 vs. N90, which is better? 1HBH vs 1HBH, which is better? Do I need to switch to a 95 sq in racket? Samster's done? Saram's overrated? Enough of trolling and building post counts posting nothing useful like several posters whose names I shall not mention, we will settle this on the court, where the lines are true and the net is at the right height. There will be nothing of the sort of quoting some other people's "I wished I had tried a MP/OS frame" at this match. We will sort things out face to face, mano a mano, foot to foot, etc.

Yes, you get the idea. Winner takes all.

http://i42.tinypic.com/jjaeew.jpg

maverick66
05-02-2009, 05:31 PM
i hope saram pulls this one out and we get a rubber match.

and i hope i wasnt one of the several that you speak of.

samster
05-02-2009, 06:53 PM
i hope saram pulls this one out and we get a rubber match.

and i hope i wasnt one of the several that you speak of.

Thanks, another Saram fan! ;)

J011yroger
05-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Yes, you get the idea. Winner takes all.

Winner takes all, and there is an inch left in the bottle lol.

J

samster
05-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Winner takes all, and there is an inch left in the bottle lol.

J

Some say it is half-empty, some say it is half-full. Given the current economic conditions, something is better than nothing.

J011yroger
05-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Some say it is half-empty, some say it is half-full. Given the current economic conditions, something is better than nothing.

I'll drink to that.

J

maverick66
05-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks, another Saram fan! ;)

im a fan of seeing this thing go some distance. if he wins this won we get 1-1 now we have to see a third match. this is beneficial to all and keeps the best rivalry on TT going.

BounceHitBounceHit
05-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Samster! The trophy has been ready for a while but I have fallen short of my duty to pick it up! Will try to get there before the May 9 rematch! Best, CC

samster
05-03-2009, 04:41 AM
Samster! The trophy has been ready for a while but I have fallen short of my duty to pick it up! Will try to get there before the May 9 rematch! Best, CC

Excellent, the company has had time to engrave my name with 18K gold! Tell them to order some more gold!

BounceHitBounceHit
05-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Excellent, the company has had time to engrave my name with 18K gold! Tell them to order some more gold!

Very well. I will cancel the Platinum. ;)

Meanwhile, Fellow TTW'ers, please recall the CONCEPT behind The Trophy is that it is to circulate around the COUNTRY/WORLD as various other members stage their own EXO battles in the name of fun, friendship, and healthy competition. ;)

So, in short, GET TO WORK ON THOSE EXOS! :)

CC

tennisntn3477
05-03-2009, 07:40 AM
And the rest was history, after another 1/2 hr of struggle, Samster prevailed at 7-5 to win the set.

Well done, mighty [K]night of Slice. All hail, Samstah!!

Focus and confidence is the right recipe, my friend. Leave the questions behind you and swing away with your K90.

samster
05-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Well done, mighty [K]night of Slice. All hail, Samstah!!

Focus and confidence is the right recipe, my friend. Leave the questions behind you and swing away with your K90.

Finally, a Samster fan!!! :)

BounceHitBounceHit
05-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Finally, a Samster fan!!! :)

What!?? You had me at 'sixty racquets'..... ;) CC

samster
05-03-2009, 05:22 PM
What!?? You had me at 'sixty racquets'..... ;) CC

Thank goodness, I have been unable to break the magic number "70"!

J011yroger
05-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Wow, I am beat. . .

Gonna get some good sleep tonite.

The bomb decided to come out of hibernation tonite, hopefully it sticks around for a while. It certainly makes this stupid game a good amount easier.

J

saram
05-06-2009, 07:29 PM

Hold your horses, buddy....I'm here...and I'm ready :twisted:

saram
05-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I have had absolutely NO training in any way in the last two weeks outside of cutting my grass.

As most of you know, I have lost three people in my life in the recent months, and to end that cycle--I lost my best friend and grandmother within three days of one another.

Yesterday, I hit a tennis ball for the first time in 13 days.

First set: 0-6. Second, third, and fourth sets all 6-2.

Samster--these sudden storms and tornadoes that are all around and abundant right now are not a coincidence--they are the rise of saram and they are the rise of a Tennessee Titan coming at ya with force and vigor.

Be warned :)

samster
05-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Saram is back with vengence! :)

saram
05-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Saram is back with vengence! :)

I need to be--I've been a pathetic little wimp for a while now...:twisted:

samster
05-06-2009, 08:18 PM
I need to be--I've been a pathetic little wimp for a while now...:twisted:

No worries, the Exo II might be a walk-over at the current rate.

maverick66
05-06-2009, 08:19 PM
man its good to see you back. i have not talked about feelings for a long time. i went back to my usual hitting on CC with no emotions involved. you gotta get me going in the other direction again:)

on another note im glad to see you getting going again. tough times suck but remember they build strength in us.

saram
05-06-2009, 11:11 PM
man its good to see you back. i have not talked about feelings for a long time. i went back to my usual hitting on CC with no emotions involved. you gotta get me going in the other direction again:)

on another note im glad to see you getting going again. tough times suck but remember they build strength in us.

This is why I have been gone--a guy like this can touch anyone....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hz1RLHGzA

His name was Nick...and I sure did love him...

His last afternoon on this planet is here. After this vid was shot...he went to bed and never woke up...

Sorry Samster--but I'm putting my name on that trophy in his honor....

Geoff
05-07-2009, 03:33 AM
Is Exo II going to be played indoors or outdoors? Does the rematch need to be with similar conditions? Hopefully Craig can keep me updated with real time pics/video.

samster
05-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Is Exo II going to be played indoors or outdoors? Does the rematch need to be with similar conditions? Hopefully Craig can keep me updated with real time pics/video.

Looks like weather MIGHT be fine on Sunday for EXO II. I will get an outdoor court with an inside court for backup. I played inside last night and it was hot, suffocating, and unpleasant.

Sunday morning sound okay? 8 AM? Mr. Saram?

samster
05-07-2009, 06:42 AM
AP/Routers

Q. But if you win this time, will it be your greatest victory here?

SAMSTER: If I win this time?

Q. Yes.

SAMSTER: Well, I'm not sure. You know, I mean, first one is always the most unique one, I guess. On top of that, it was my first TTW EXO victory. I guess the one last time was very meaningful to me, you know, in the circumstances, playing SARAM in a nail-biting three-setter at Vandy. It's hard to top that one.

But never know what's going to happen this month. So maybe this one will be even better. Who knows.

samster
05-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Looks like EXO II is not taking place; however, I do have a coupon to a FREE KFC Meal!!!

http://www.mommysavesbig.com/printable-coupons/kfc-coupon.pdf

KFC is so overwhelmed by this Oprah KFC offer that they are giving out rainchecks for this. Enjoy!

sphinx780
05-09-2009, 03:00 PM
Mmmm, fried chicken! You should save that meal so you have some quick greasy energy when the exo ends up taking place. Nothing like a changeover full of coleslaw and a leg or two. ;-)

samster
05-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Mmmm, fried chicken! You should save that meal so you have some quick greasy energy when the exo ends up taking place. Nothing like a changeover full of coleslaw and a leg or two. ;-)

You missed the point. KFC is now serving Grilled Chicken!!! ;)

samster
05-09-2009, 03:03 PM
I spoke with Sir Saram today and the EXO II has been rescheduled for next weekend due to monsoon weather here in Middle Tennessee.

Sir Saram, I look forward to another fine battle! :)

sphinx780
05-09-2009, 08:24 PM
You missed the point. KFC is now serving Grilled Chicken!!! ;)

well, crap...that's too healthy for a mid match snack...may have to just stick with the soda...oooh, or throw gobs of mayo on it!

J011yroger
05-09-2009, 08:51 PM
^^^^^ Dude, I love your sig. Words to live by.

J

J011yroger
05-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Welcome to Poserville.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2enriaa.jpg

J

samster
05-09-2009, 08:57 PM
^^Nice shirt. Needless to say, I have my own collection just for Poserville.

J011yroger
05-09-2009, 09:05 PM
^^Nice shirt. Needless to say, I have my own collection just for Poserville.

I got a bunch from that collection, I really can't say how nice they are in person. Pictures can't do the shirts and shorts justice.

J

saram
05-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Jolly--thanks for the stick, man. I've been so caught up in my own life and turmoil I have failed to come here and give you an honest hand shake and hug and thank you. It is not in my hands yet--but it will be on Sunday next week at the XOII.

Sorry man--this is just not a place I want to hang out much everything in the recent past considered. You sent the stick right about the time my buddy died. Don't think I will hit with it--I think I'll just mount it above the mantle and think of pleasant days, bro.

J011yroger
05-10-2009, 02:14 AM
Jolly--thanks for the stick, man. I've been so caught up in my own life and turmoil I have failed to come here and give you an honest hand shake and hug and thank you. It is not in my hands yet--but it will be on Sunday next week at the XOII.

Sorry man--this is just not a place I want to hang out much everything in the recent past considered. You sent the stick right about the time my buddy died. Don't think I will hit with it--I think I'll just mount it above the mantle and think of pleasant days, bro.

No worries man, we are here if you need us.

J

BounceHitBounceHit
05-11-2009, 05:27 AM
I will look forward to reporting LIVE from Exo II. Please give me updates on the location and time. Vandy, I presume? :) CC

sphinx780
05-11-2009, 06:56 AM
^^^^^ Dude, I love your sig. Words to live by.

J

I like to think so.

Saram-Sorry to hear about the rough go you're dealing with. Our thoughts are with you.

BounceHitBounceHit
05-15-2009, 07:12 PM
So, when will EXO II be taking place? :) BH

BounceHitBounceHit
05-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Welcome to Poserville.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2enriaa.jpg

J

Oh my goodness. Those look like LIGHTS on those indoor courts! ;) BHBH

J011yroger
05-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Oh my goodness. Those look like LIGHTS on those indoor courts! ;) BHBH

Ya, good direct lighting, It is one of the indoor facilities that I can actually see at.

I rarely have a bad day serving there. My tennis is VERY sensitive to lighting. I just lose depth perception, and I can't see the spin on the ball until it gets to my service line in poor lighting. Just as the sun starts to go down, or under bad artificial lights, I almost can't play.

J

J011yroger
05-15-2009, 07:22 PM
^^^ And it is MUCH worse when I am tired from too little sleep or a long day at work.

I am a zero on Friday night, and a hero on Saturday morning.

J

BounceHitBounceHit
05-15-2009, 07:37 PM
Ya, good direct lighting, It is one of the indoor facilities that I can actually see at.

I rarely have a bad day serving there. My tennis is VERY sensitive to lighting. I just lose depth perception, and I can't see the spin on the ball until it gets to my service line in poor lighting. Just as the sun starts to go down, or under bad artificial lights, I almost can't play.

J

It's only after I've played outside again for a few sunny days that I realize how DARK most indoor facilites typically will be. :( :shock: But there is still NOTHING worse than night tennis with poor lights. We have a local center where lots of league/tournament play is held. The lighting is worse than terrible. I HATE playing there. BH

J011yroger
05-15-2009, 07:41 PM
I feel bad for my partner, it is like "I am sorry. . . I promise I have played this game before."

J

maverick66
05-15-2009, 07:43 PM
As long as you didnt hit me with a ball i wouldnt get to mad at a bad service night. If you hit me in the back though im throwing my racket at you then kicking you in the nuts.

J011yroger
05-15-2009, 07:48 PM
As long as you didnt hit me with a ball i wouldnt get to mad at a bad service night. If you hit me in the back though im throwing my racket at you then kicking you in the nuts.

I have never hit a doubles partner with a serve in my life. I did knock the racquet out of a dubs partners hand once when I was a bit tardy on a FH return.

J

maverick66
05-15-2009, 07:52 PM
My dad hit my mom in the head in a mixed dubs league. Best part of it is he yelled at her because it was gonna be an ace. He never played with her again.

samster
05-15-2009, 07:56 PM
So, when will EXO II be taking place? :) BH

I am not sure as Saram might have other duties to attend to. :)

samster
05-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I strung up 3 frames ready for the rematch:

Cayman Pro Smash 95
PK Ki5
Yonex RD-7

maverick66
05-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Samster have you talked to saram? I know he was having a hard time but i really hope hes ok. He was one of the nicest people on here and i hope he comes back eventually.

samster
05-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Samster have you talked to saram? I know he was having a hard time but i really hope hes ok. He was one of the nicest people on here and i hope he comes back eventually.

I talked to him last weekend and he sounded okay. He has been busy with family stuff. I don't think EXO II is his top priority right now and I don't blame him.

tennisntn3477
05-16-2009, 07:54 AM
I strung up 3 frames ready for the rematch:

Cayman Pro Smash 95
PK Ki5
Yonex RD-7

Three frames you strung up - nice choices, btw - but are they to replace the K90 or just give your elbow some relief?

samster
05-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Three frames you strung up - nice choices, btw - but are they to replace the K90 or just give your elbow some relief?

Hello tennisntn3477!

Brought the Ki5 and RD7 to the courts this afternoon but ended up not using it. I ended up using my leaded up Asian K90 with good success. The AK90 might be my stick for a while.

I haven't played that much the past month and my timing is still a little off and the AK90 (with lead) is slightly more forgiving than the US K90. I may work my way back to the US version once my timing and footwork are improved.

nhat8121
05-16-2009, 10:19 PM
My dad hit my mom in the head in a mixed dubs league. Best part of it is he yelled at her because it was gonna be an ace. He never played with her again.

haha, like father like son?

kashgotmoney
05-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Saram, i hope you feel better, Win that match for nick. You can do it. He will be watching.

tennisntn3477
05-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Hello tennisntn3477!

Brought the Ki5 and RD7 to the courts this afternoon but ended up not using it. I ended up using my leaded up Asian K90 with good success. The AK90 might be my stick for a while.

I haven't played that much the past month and my timing is still a little off and the AK90 (with lead) is slightly more forgiving than the US K90. I may work my way back to the US version once my timing and footwork are improved.

Just let me know when you have time to play a set or two!

BounceHitBounceHit
05-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Samster, Saram: Your fans are eager to have you back on court, dueling it out for TTW Glory. :)

Seriously, Saram you are a good guy at that shine through here at TTW. Sorry for your loss.

BHBH

samster
05-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Samster, Saram: Your fans are eager to have you back on court, dueling it out for TTW Glory. :)

Seriously, Saram you are a good guy at that shine through here at TTW. Sorry for your loss.

BHBH

It's too bad, now I can't use jet lag as an excuse for losing...

samster
05-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Just let me know when you have time to play a set or two!

Middle of the week, may be?

kashgotmoney
08-10-2009, 09:17 PM
anyone know what happened to saram?

kashgotmoney
08-11-2009, 06:10 PM
anyone? he hasnt been on here for a while, not on youtube for a while, his last sign in was 3 months ago i think and his phone is disconnected...

saram
09-07-2009, 09:21 PM

Pretty darn nice of you to say, amigo :)

saram
09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
I talked to him last weekend and he sounded okay. He has been busy with family stuff. I don't think EXO II is his top priority right now and I don't blame him.

Well, I am back.

Have not hit a ball in about three months..but I'm back. Let me hit a few locally prior to heading down your way?

Sorry for the silence, Amigo. Missed this place and our conversations.

kashgotmoney
09-07-2009, 09:35 PM
omg saram! your alive! lol I thought something happened to you. Thank god u are ok. I even tried calling you.

saram
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM
omg saram! your alive! lol I thought something happened to you. Thank god u are ok. I even tried calling you.

Thanks for the concern, mate. Life threw me some kicker serves...I finally learned how to hit them and I have returned.

kashgotmoney
09-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the concern, mate. Life threw me some kicker serves...I finally learned how to hit them and I have returned.

Thats great that you know how to return them. :) By the way, All that advice you gave me on email, it worked. Thanks. You are truly one of the nicest people on Talk tennis and it seems like you have your prioritys straight

saram
09-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Thats great that you know how to return them. :) By the way, All that advice you gave me on email, it worked. Thanks. You are truly one of the nicest people on Talk tennis and it seems like you have your prioritys straight

Glad it worked and thanks for the kind words. I see you changed some sticks! I'm off to get some rest--morning is going to come early. I'll be offline for a few days, but we will catch up soon when I get back online. Take care, buddy :)

J011yroger
09-08-2009, 03:17 AM
Welcome back buddy!

J

maverick66
09-08-2009, 10:10 AM
welcome back saram. Stop in the bistro and tell us how you have been.

BounceHitBounceHit
09-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Glad it worked and thanks for the kind words. I see you changed some sticks! I'm off to get some rest--morning is going to come early. I'll be offline for a few days, but we will catch up soon when I get back online. Take care, buddy :)

Saram! Welcome back. I look forward to seeing you again and to 'covering' Exo II (when you are ready, of course!) for TTW. :) BHBH

saram
09-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Ah, thanks all! Maybe a bit later I can stop in the bistro and share some stuff. The important thing is I get to start hitting some balls and spending some time on the court this very Monday.

Again--thanks for all the kind words!

BounceHitBounceHit
09-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Ah, thanks all! Maybe a bit later I can stop in the bistro and share some stuff. The important thing is I get to start hitting some balls and spending some time on the court this very Monday.

Again--thanks for all the kind words!

Excellent. "Tennis is the rake that clears my mind." Torbin Ulrich.

tennisntn3477
09-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Well, I am back.

Have not hit a ball in about three months..but I'm back. Let me hit a few locally prior to heading down your way?

Sorry for the silence, Amigo. Missed this place and our conversations.

I'll second that 'welcome back' !

BounceHitBounceHit
09-13-2009, 05:45 AM
I'll second that 'welcome back' !

Yo man! I still have your Babolat. Actually, Geoff has it and is stringing it. Will be sure to get it back to you soon, though I will be out this weekend owing to my wedding! :) BHBH

BounceHitBounceHit
09-13-2009, 05:48 AM
BTW, I was very impressed the last time I hit balls with the Samster. :) Watch out for Exo II. ;) BHBH

saram
09-13-2009, 06:50 AM
You guys are great. I'll start swinging sticks tomorrow. Need to give the legendary Samster a call on the phone today and see about this XOII :)

How about that Serena--all class, eh?

samster
09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Dear Sir Saram,

I heard from my AP sources that you have been practicing in Dubai. I need to get my act together. I have played twice the past month so don't be afraid to challenge the Samster. However, I can serve faster than Nadal at this time @ 71 mph.

samster
09-14-2009, 06:49 PM
BTW, I was very impressed the last time I hit balls with the Samster. :) Watch out for Exo II. ;) BHBH

You are too kind, Sir, it must be my new secret racket...

maverick66
09-14-2009, 06:51 PM
You are too kind, Sir, it must be my new secret racket...

still running around forehands to hit slice backhands? that still makes me laugh. :)

samster
09-14-2009, 06:55 PM
still running around forehands to hit slice backhands? that still makes me laugh. :)

this inside-out backhand slice move tends to surprise my opponents and they usually end up losing the point because they are too busy laughing.

maverick66
09-14-2009, 08:20 PM
I remember the video and just being a little suprised. Everyone goes out of there way to not slice a backhand and you went the other way to slice. If it works great but just different.

saram
09-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Dear Sir Saram,

I heard from my AP sources that you have been practicing in Dubai. I need to get my act together. I have played twice the past month so don't be afraid to challenge the Samster. However, I can serve faster than Nadal at this time @ 71 mph.

Sir,
Your AP sources are just smoking crack! The only time I saw anything surrounding Dubai was when I watched "Body of Lies" last night after my first night on the courts in four months. My body ACHES! I have found EVERY muscle within my body that has not been used in the the last few months.

My time has been spent at Sonic and various other places nursing a battered and broken ego from the last XO...but I am back training...and in a bit I will share about last night and my first time back on the courts--kinda cool what I found and experienced!

saram
09-15-2009, 06:25 PM
this inside-out backhand slice move tends to surprise my opponents and they usually end up losing the point because they are too busy laughing.

I never laughed, but I do remember running into a net a few times with that 'slicer'....:)

saram
09-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Funny thing happened last night...

Being back on the courts for the first time in almost four months and I was not worried about the stick in my hand nor the string and its tension. My sticks sat in a un-insulated garage all Summer long and baked in the sun. And, I just grabbed the first to similar sticks and threw them in the car and hit the courts. I found that strings, sticks, tension, and all that crap that occupied me for so long really didn't matter--I was focused on my lazy footwork, lack of fitness, and all that other stuff that is so much more important than a string and tension when it comes to tennis.

I hit with my O3 mids with some synthetic gut that was basically rotten--and had a blast. I don't think I'll focus on that stuff again. I'll just make sure the sticks are balanced properly/identically and work on the important stuff--footwork and getting back in shape.

Ironic how I spent so much time focused on the particulars of the racket in the past and just focused on playing tennis and moving around the court properly last night.

I rather liked my lack of attention to detail regarding the stick and just enjoyed my first time on the court and moving my feet...

OK--back to Sonic, getting fat, and talking about the infamous Samster....:)

maverick66
09-15-2009, 07:20 PM
ya people over think strings and equipment way to much. To the point of they cant play. I was never really big on what i used for strings. I used what lasted as the good stuff was way to much money. If you can play well you can play well with just about anything.

samster
09-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Funny thing happened last night...

Being back on the courts for the first time in almost four months and I was not worried about the stick in my hand nor the string and its tension. My sticks sat in a un-insulated garage all Summer long and baked in the sun. And, I just grabbed the first to similar sticks and threw them in the car and hit the courts. I found that strings, sticks, tension, and all that crap that occupied me for so long really didn't matter--I was focused on my lazy footwork, lack of fitness, and all that other stuff that is so much more important than a string and tension when it comes to tennis.

I hit with my O3 mids with some synthetic gut that was basically rotten--and had a blast. I don't think I'll focus on that stuff again. I'll just make sure the sticks are balanced properly/identically and work on the important stuff--footwork and getting back in shape.

Ironic how I spent so much time focused on the particulars of the racket in the past and just focused on playing tennis and moving around the court properly last night.

I rather liked my lack of attention to detail regarding the stick and just enjoyed my first time on the court and moving my feet...

OK--back to Sonic, getting fat, and talking about the infamous Samster....:)

Saram has summarized by my failure as a tennis player nicely; that is, I have spent more time shopping online for tennis rackets than being on the treadmill or elliptical to get myself in shape. I know I am in trouble when I am getting bad heartburn just lightly jogging on the treadmill.

I look forward to Exo II on 10/10/09.

maverick66
09-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I cant tell you how many kids I met growing up that had spent thousands on strings and rackets but couldnt hit the ball worth a crap. Then they blamed the equipment and moved on to the next big racket or string idea. The day i saw my old coach rip someone up with an old lendl adidas racket I decided that equipment is not everything.

Hidious
09-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Life threw me some kicker serves...I finally learned how to hit them and I have returned.

What a great quote!

samster
09-17-2009, 06:20 AM
What a great quote!

Saram is a great writer.

Geoff
09-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Saram has summarized by my failure as a tennis player nicely; that is, I have spent more time shopping online for tennis rackets than being on the treadmill or elliptical to get myself in shape. I know I am in trouble when I am getting bad heartburn just lightly jogging on the treadmill.

I look forward to Exo II on 10/10/09.

What time will Exo II be played? I am in Nash Vegas that weekend for work and hope that tickets are still available!!

J011yroger
09-19-2009, 06:45 AM

You laugh because you don't have to return the slice BH of awesome!

Were you there in person, you would be cowering in fear, and wishing you were safe in the bistro.

J

J011yroger
09-19-2009, 06:47 AM
Oh, and good news, Five Guys Burgers, have started opening up in NY.

I have not yet gone, but will soon, and report.

J

samster
09-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Oh, and good news, Five Guys Burgers, have started opening up in NY.

I have not yet gone, but will soon, and report.

J

Please do. The fries are most excellent!

J011yroger
09-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Please do. The fries are most excellent!

I will hoist a frosty coke in your honor.

I will however have you know that I got my picture pasted on the wall at Cheeburger Cheeburger for eating the 1lb burger (And did so with a side of fries and a large oreo cookie and 100grand shake).

J

samster
09-19-2009, 06:04 PM
I will hoist a frosty coke in your honor.

I will however have you know that I got my picture pasted on the wall at Cheeburger Cheeburger for eating the 1lb burger (And did so with a side of fries and a large oreo cookie and 100grand shake).

J

Sounds like the meal of Champions!

samster
09-20-2009, 09:30 AM
What time will Exo II be played? I am in Nash Vegas that weekend for work and hope that tickets are still available!!

Good to see you out there today, Geoff. You make tennis look so easy out there.

I am waiting for Saram to chime in on when he wants to play.

tennisntn3477
09-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Good to see you out there today, Geoff. You make tennis look so easy out there.

I am waiting for Saram to chime in on when he wants to play.

Will tack on a 'great to meet you' as well, Geoff. Good to see you also, BHBH.

Samster - great hitting with you.

samster
09-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Will tack on a 'great to meet you' as well, Geoff. Good to see you also, BHBH.

Samster - great hitting with you.

I appreciate the opportunity to work on the following two shots for my upcoming EXO II with Saram:

1) Overhead dropshot.
2) Stringless volley.

Saram better be scared!

samster
09-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Speaking of Saram, where is he???

Probably secretly training again.

J011yroger
09-20-2009, 05:28 PM
2) Stringless volley.

My specialty.

Contrary to popular view, the stringless volley is a clear indicator that your racquet is exactly the right size.

If you hit the strings, your racquet is clearly too big, and if you whiff entirely then it is clearly too small.

Only with the precision of repeatedly framing volleys can one be assured that they are using the proper headsize.

J

saram
09-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Speaking of Saram, where is he???

Probably secretly training again.

No, Sir. I moved out into the county in a new and top secret location in a far away place. Spent the weekend painting the house, poking around the wilderness with my daughter, etc. 10/10 sounds like a sensational date (as it allows me to catch up on everything I have not done in the last 4 months!).

I think the recession hit me last because it hit a few months ago and Bernake is now saying the recession is over--odd? Ironic? Bad timing? Oh well, we have recovered here in the Saram camp and now it is time to catch up on lost hours/days/weeks/months on the court to try and make it to deuce at least once with the XO I champ "Sir Slice A Lot".

BTW...did the trophy for the XO's ever get presented to the infamous SSAL?

saram
09-20-2009, 07:29 PM
My specialty.

Contrary to popular view, the stringless volley is a clear indicator that your racquet is exactly the right size.

If you hit the strings, your racquet is clearly too big, and if you whiff entirely then it is clearly too small.

Only with the precision of repeatedly framing volleys can one be assured that they are using the proper headsize.

J

Exactly--the Fed showed us that the complete and utter whiff with a head speed of about 202mph shanked off the inside of the frame in an attempt to hit a routine passing shot can result in the clean and beautiful topspin lob just outside the reach of a bloke like the Joker. I am continually hitting that shank of a shot--I just can't seem to get it to land inside the court as eloquently as the maestro the Fed.

samster
09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
No, Sir. I moved out into the county in a new and top secret location in a far away place. Spent the weekend painting the house, poking around the wilderness with my daughter, etc. 10/10 sounds like a sensational date (as it allows me to catch up on everything I have not done in the last 4 months!).

I think the recession hit me last because it hit a few months ago and Bernake is now saying the recession is over--odd? Ironic? Bad timing? Oh well, we have recovered here in the Saram camp and now it is time to catch up on lost hours/days/weeks/months on the court to try and make it to deuce at least once with the XO I champ "Sir Slice A Lot".

BTW...did the trophy for the XO's ever get presented to the infamous SSAL?

I have yet to see the trophy but rest assured, I am sure it was in the works until the recession hit.

My game is the same and still am slicing a lot on the backhand side. Especially the infamous inside-out backhand slice.

samster
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
Saram, are you closer to Nashville now?

saram
09-20-2009, 07:32 PM
I have yet to see the trophy but rest assured, I am sure it was in the works until the recession hit.

My game is the same and still am slicing a lot on the backhand side. Especially the infamous inside-out backhand slice.

Sir, I will call you tomorrow evening to work out the details. I still have the same number--but did change my message for voicemails a while back. Cannot wait to chat with you on the phone tomorrow if you are not working or in class. And, can't wait to get my butt handed to me for a second time for the public's viewing here on TW by the hand of the infamous SSAL.

saram
09-20-2009, 07:34 PM
Saram, are you closer to Nashville now?

No sir, I am just across the line of TN now into KY. Great little farm house on an old farm with the ability to listen to Jimmy Buffet as loud as I darn well please without the cops being called :twisted:

samster
09-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Sir, I will call you tomorrow evening to work out the details. I still have the same number--but did change my message for voicemails a while back. Cannot wait to chat with you on the phone tomorrow if you are not working or in class. And, can't wait to get my butt handed to me for a second time for the public's viewing here on TW by the hand of the infamous SSAL.

I don't think I would be as lucky as the first time. You clearly had me beat the third set.

samster
09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
My specialty.

J

Yeah, the stringless volley is a mighty weapon. It is unreturnable 99% of the time.

samster
09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Saram:

Please be sure to check out and vote on this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=287383

tennisntn3477
09-20-2009, 07:41 PM
I appreciate the opportunity to work on the following two shots for my upcoming EXO II with Saram:

1) Overhead dropshot.
2) Stringless volley.

Saram better be scared!

Overhead dropshot - that's a real crowdpleaser! Stringless volley - gonna leave that one to the too talented Sir Slice-A-Lot.<G>

saram
09-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Saram:

Please be sure to check out and vote on this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=287383

NBMJ vs. Drakulie

Because of only the blood left on the court....although seeing Jolly or BreakPoint would be wonderful as well. I have YET to see BP's strokes online...STILLLLLLLLL WAITING for that one.....:???:

Geoff
09-21-2009, 08:47 AM

I know the trophy exists. BHBH said the engraver/trophy shop made an error on the original. Samster you were looking pretty good out there yesterday. Looking forward to seeing Exo II!

BounceHitBounceHit
09-26-2009, 07:41 PM
I know the trophy exists. BHBH said th engraver/trophy shop made an error on the original. Samster you were looking pretty good out there yesterday. Looking forward to seeing Exo II!

Correct. I plan to see to this issue by 10/10 and will do my best to be there in person to provide LIVE updates on TTW, in addition to video clips. Viva la exhibition! ;) BHBH

samster
09-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Correct. I plan to see to this issue by 10/10 and will do my best to be there in person to provide LIVE updates on TTW, in addition to video clips. Viva la exhibition! ;) BHBH

Thanks BHBH!

I look forward to celebrating the inauguration of the TTW Championship Cup!

I will certainly try my best to keep my name on there.

samster
09-29-2009, 03:44 PM
I am going to need you all's help on deciding which frame I should use during my rematch with Saram. Please give me your input, now!

Geoff
09-30-2009, 09:31 AM
I am going to need you all's help on deciding which frame I should use during my rematch with Saram. Please give me your input, now!

What are the frames of choice? I have not seen the Samster Bag Check episode on The Tennis Channel. If Saram is not into Sameness that could confuse him. Also have you considered having all the frames freshly strung and put in poly bags (always a nice effect)? Just some thoughts.

samster
09-30-2009, 02:48 PM
What are the frames of choice? I have not seen the Samster Bag Check episode on The Tennis Channel. If Saram is not into Sameness that could confuse him. Also have you considered having all the frames freshly strung and put in poly bags (always a nice effect)? Just some thoughts.

Hi Geoff, that would be bag(s) check! :)

Potential options include and not limited to the following: :oops:

Top5

K90
PB10 Mid
RDS 001 Mid
POG OS
PK Ki5
---------
The rest

BB 11 Mid
BB 11 MP
PK 5g
AG300 16x18
AG100
AG200 16x19
Pure Storm Team
MFil 300
Donnay Pro1 OS
Volkl T10 Gen1
Volkl T10 Gen2
Volkl T10 VEMP
TFight335

Yes. The frames need to be freshly strung and in some kind of bag.

Geoff
09-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi Geoff, that would be bag(s) check! :)

Potential options include and not limited to the following: :oops:

Top5

K90
PB10 Mid
RDS 001 Mid
POG OS
PK Ki5
---------
The rest

BB 11 Mid
BB 11 MP
PK 5g
AG300 16x18
AG100
AG200 16x19
Pure Storm Team
MFil 300
Donnay Pro1 OS
Volkl T10 Gen1
Volkl T10 Gen2
Volkl T10 VEMP
TFight335

Yes. The frames need to be freshly strung and in some kind of bag.

You can not be serious!! Is there a second of any one frame? This is a nightmare for those that follow sameness! I thought I saw a lot of different frames but had no idea! How do you decide which ones to bring for regular practice/playing sessions? As you can see I am quite curious.

maverick66
09-30-2009, 07:25 PM
I vote for the donnay. A true master would own all with a donnay.

samster
10-01-2009, 09:58 AM
You can not be serious!! Is there a second of any one frame? This is a nightmare for those that follow sameness! I thought I saw a lot of different frames but had no idea! How do you decide which ones to bring for regular practice/playing sessions? As you can see I am quite curious.

"You cannot be serious!"

Unfortnately, the truth is I am a racket-holic. It is indeed a sharp contrast to sameness. :oops:

tennisntn3477
10-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Geoff,
In Samster's defense, we've been discussing/looking towards 'this is the frame I'm going to use and get comfortable with' all spring/summer. He found a frame he has lots of confidence in with the K90 but it just doesn't agree with his elbow/shoulder. My vote is PB10 mid - he rallies really well with it, very consistent and no ill effect on his elbow/shoulder. Only other two real cadidates - in my opinion - are the Aerogel 100 and the Ki5. He serves really well with both and can play more relaxed due to feeling confident about his service game.

Geoff
10-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Geoff,
In Samster's defense, we've been discussing/looking towards 'this is the frame I'm going to use and get comfortable with' all spring/summer. He found a frame he has lots of confidence in with the K90 but it just doesn't agree with his elbow/shoulder. My vote is PB10 mid - he rallies really well with it, very consistent and no ill effect on his elbow/shoulder. Only other two real cadidates - in my opinion - are the Aerogel 100 and the Ki5. He serves really well with both and can play more relaxed due to feeling confident about his service game.

What happens in a match situation if you are in a tight battle and playing really well, when all of a sudden you break a string? What racket do you go to? I appreciate that you guys like to try/purchase new (different variety of) rackets. Nothing wrong with that at all. Anything that adds to your tennis enjoyment is a good thing. Maybe you should consider buying rackets in pairs? If you are ok with switching to a different racket in this scenario then no need to alter what works for you. Tennis is definitely one of the sports where equipment plays an important role (in part mentally) to one's success. I personally hate to see good players like you and Samster giving any credit of your tennis skills success based on the equipment you use. You guys are solid players that will not have your level affected by your equipment. I believe that the confidence in your equipment is useful in taking out another potential variable that one faces when playing tennis. Possibly by using a variety of frames you have proved that point. Bottom line, the racket does not create the magic, you do. Great to see you guys on the court and how passionate you are for the game. Guys like the two of you are who are the backbone of the sport. You are modern day tennis disciples!

samster
10-02-2009, 10:50 AM
What happens in a match situation if you are in a tight battle and playing really well, when all of a sudden you break a string? What racket do you go to? I appreciate that you guys like to try/purchase new (different variety of) rackets. Nothing wrong with that at all. Anything that adds to your tennis enjoyment is a good thing. Maybe you should consider buying rackets in pairs? If you are ok with switching to a different racket in this scenario then no need to alter what works for you. Tennis is definitely one of the sports where equipment plays an important role (in part mentally) to one's success. I personally hate to see good players like you and Samster giving any credit of your tennis skills success based on the equipment you use. You guys are solid players that will not have your level affected by your equipment. I believe that the confidence in your equipment is useful in taking out another potential variable that one faces when playing tennis. Possibly by using a variety of frames you have proved that point. Bottom line, the racket does not create the magic, you do. Great to see you guys on the court and how passionate you are for the game. Guys like the two of you are who are the backbone of the sport. You are modern day tennis disciples!

I usually have 2 of the same racket but I also don't break strings often so I should be okay comes match time with the Saram.

Geoff
10-02-2009, 02:05 PM
I usually have 2 of the same racket but I also don't break strings often so I should be okay comes match time with the Saram.

Great! I can now sleep easy at night! Looking forward to seeing the match!

samster
10-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Great! I can now sleep easy at night! Looking forward to seeing the match!

I will do my best but I have a feeling Saram is going to be well prepared for ExO2.

samster
10-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Saram, I am ready for you.

http://i37.tinypic.com/fuqdr6.jpg

tennisntn3477
10-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Saram, I am ready for you.

http://i37.tinypic.com/fuqdr6.jpg

Restock that arsenal with PB10 mids and you'll be ready for the next four or five EXO's!!

volleynets
10-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Restock that arsenal with PB10 mids and you'll be ready for the next four or five EXO's!!

How do you have k90s with the old butcap? Is that a pic of Federer's rackets?

samster
10-03-2009, 02:28 PM

Gotta bring out the heavy stuff for Saram.

J011yroger
10-03-2009, 07:07 PM
How do you have k90s with the old butcap? Is that a pic of Federer's rackets?

I like the N90 buttcap better myself.

Just too lazy to switch all of mine over.

As to the picture, Mr. Sam allows the Fed to borrow his racquets in order to compete on the tour.

So any pictures of Fed's racquets are actually Samstah's.

J

J011yroger
10-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Mr. Sam, after a fun day of tennis today, I partook in my first ever 5 guys burger.

I don't think it will be the last :)

J

samster
10-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Mr. Sam, after a fun day of tennis today, I partook in my first ever 5 guys burger.

I don't think it will be the last :)

J

Don't they have awesome burgers? Did you try the cajun fries?

J011yroger
10-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Don't they have awesome burgers? Did you try the cajun fries?

Nay, only the normal ones. I will try the cajun ones next time!

And there will be a next time.

J

samster
10-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Where is Saram? I have a feeling ExO2 is going to be postponed again. :(

Geoff
10-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Where is Saram? I have a feeling ExO2 is going to be postponed again. :(

I am counting on being there bright and early to get a good seat. BHBH and I have been looking forwrad to it! Please don't postpone! I was even hitting inside out slice BHs the other day. It must really be top of mind for me! Good luck to both of you in the Battle of Exo II.

maverick66
10-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Wow the inside out backhand slice is spreading. He is now corrupting others with his *** backwards styles I swear if i see pros starting to do it I am gonna laugh my *** off.

J011yroger
10-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Wow the inside out backhand slice is spreading. He is now corrupting others with his *** backwards styles I swear if i see pros starting to do it I am gonna laugh my *** off.

They do.

They hit the BH slice slighly ISO to the opponents FH to bait them into rolling the ball XC and they camp on the shot and blast the FH DTL.

It is a pretty slick pattern and one I have grown fond of.

J

maverick66
10-09-2009, 10:03 PM
On returns maybe but not in a rally. Samster does it in the middle of a rally. you hit it to his forehand side expecting to get in a rally and bam slice of death.

samster
10-09-2009, 10:13 PM
I think I will patent the inside-out backhand slice technique. Guaranteed to catch your opponent by surprise!

samster
10-09-2009, 10:15 PM
See above.

samster
10-10-2009, 06:39 PM
ExO2 did not take place today. I had previously emailed Saram and left him a voicemail without hearing back from him. I hope he is doing okay.

sphinx780
10-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Hope the fella's doing alright as well. It was nice to see him back here.
Exo or no exo, it's always good to see someone come through the other side of tough times.

samster
10-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Hope the fella's doing alright as well. It was nice to see him back here.
Exo or no exo, it's always good to see someone come through the other side of tough times.

I hope he is doing alright as well! The TTW is not the same without Saram.

samster
10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Since Saram was unable to play, my friend John was out of town, fellow TTW member tnisntn nursing a knee injury, I found and played against an opponent with the playing style I dread the most...that of a pusher/junkballer/counterpuncher. I find any opponent with this style most difficult to play against at my skill level. Plus the fact that I haven't played in 3 weeks, I was nervous to play.

maverick66
10-13-2009, 07:57 PM
I hope he is doing alright as well! The TTW is not the same without Saram.

I agree. I was happy to see him back for a short time as people had no clue if he was ok after his first time away but that seems to have been temporary. I know he said hes making some changes in his life but we could use his positive posts around here.

saram
11-24-2009, 07:25 PM
I had a good talk with the infamous Samster on the phone tonight--it was truly enjoyable.

And then...to return to the kind words posted here about me was truly more than heart warming.

Samster and I are planning on hitting at Vandy this next Wednesday to get the rust off. Once that rust is removed, and the games are finely tuned and polished and we know how to handle one another's 'junk'....we'll complete the XO/rematch.

Again--thanks for all the kind words :)

BounceHitBounceHit
11-24-2009, 08:04 PM
I had a good talk with the infamous Samster on the phone tonight--it was truly enjoyable.

And then...to return to the kind words posted here about me was truly more than heart warming.

Samster and I are planning on hitting at Vandy this next Wednesday to get the rust off. Once that rust is removed, and the games are finely tuned and polished and we know how to handle one another's 'junk'....we'll complete the XO/rematch.

Again--thanks for all the kind words :)

Gents,

Have a great hit!

Samster-sorry I couldn't hit this past weekend. Hope to see you on court soon.

BHBH

maverick66
11-24-2009, 08:13 PM
we know how to handle one another's 'junk'

This part made me laugh. Welcome back saram.:)

sphinx780
11-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Welcome back Saram!

hehehehe...junk.

samster
11-25-2009, 12:47 PM
I am writing to confirm that saram and I did touch base yesterday and we will try to schedule a hit next Wednesday. Good to see you back, saram!

maverick66
11-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Hope you guys have fun but try really hard to leave each others junk alone.:)

J011yroger
11-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Good to see you back buddy.

J

BounceHitBounceHit
11-27-2009, 06:29 AM
Yes, Saram. Good to have you back FOR SURE! ;)

Samster-if you are free in the early am at all let me know. At the VERY least, you can hit some balls with a very cute (if now married) blonde with a wicked game. :)

BHBH

saram
11-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Yes, Saram. Good to have you back FOR SURE! ;)

Samster-if you are free in the early am at all let me know. At the VERY least, you can hit some balls with a very cute (if now married) blonde with a wicked game. :)

BHBH

I heard about this via an inside source from the Samster camp....congrats are definitely in order!

saram
11-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Junk....

Murray has made it something graceful...but I was the originator of junk and have kept it ugly and downright terrible. I am the guy that makes tennis scouts cringe...and laugh.

Sam may be the SSAL...but I am the junkmaster...and not truly by choice.

samster
12-01-2009, 06:35 AM
Junk....

Murray has made it something graceful...but I was the originator of junk and have kept it ugly and downright terrible. I am the guy that makes tennis scouts cringe...and laugh.

Sam may be the SSAL...but I am the junkmaster...and not truly by choice.

I think you will find out the new junk I am now capable of dishing out tomorrow. Looking forward to a good hit with Sir Saram!

samster
12-01-2009, 06:36 AM
I have been perfecting the inside-out forehand drop shot and the mile-high lob.

sphinx780
12-01-2009, 09:46 AM
I have been perfecting the inside-out forehand drop shot and the mile-high lob.

The mile high lob is always an effective tactic...if only we saw that on tour more often!

tennisntn3477
12-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Sam/Saram - hope all went well with the hit and looking forward to the chance of seeing you both sometime soon!

BounceHitBounceHit
12-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Sam/Saram - hope all went well with the hit and looking forward to the chance of seeing you both sometime soon!

Same here!!!! BHBH

BounceHitBounceHit
12-04-2009, 04:54 PM
So, will there be an Exo II in our tennis future? :confused: BHBH

samster
12-05-2009, 04:18 AM

I hope your secret training has been going well. I am scared to face the new tennisntn3477. ;)

tennisntn3477
12-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I hope your secret training has been going well. I am scared to face the new tennisntn3477. ;)

If a training regimen of sitting on my arse behind a desk for way too many hours a day - for way too many days in a row, actually helps a tennis game then I'm gonna be VERY MUCH improved!!!

Still been hitting with the teaching pro once a week but that's about it for the last two months. Knee's better and hoping to hit with you after I get back from the Philippines (going over for work).

samster
12-05-2009, 07:39 PM
If a training regimen of sitting on my arse behind a desk for way too many hours a day - for way too many days in a row, actually helps a tennis game then I'm gonna be VERY MUCH improved!!!

Still been hitting with the teaching pro once a week but that's about it for the last two months. Knee's better and hoping to hit with you after I get back from the Philippines (going over for work).

Perfect. Let's play while you are recovering from your jet lag. :)

tennisntn3477
12-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Perfect. Let's play while you are recovering from your jet lag. :)

I'd have to resort to Chang-like underhanded serves and rushing the net behind them - hoping the cross-court forehands you crushed into my skull would wake me up.<G>

samster
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
I'd have to resort to Chang-like underhanded serves and rushing the net behind them - hoping the cross-court forehands you crushed into my skull would wake me up.<G>

You are way too kind. My pushing technique can only go so far. :)

May be my two KPS 88 can put some sting into my shots for once!

samster
12-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Just received email from skraggle saying that a playtest for the Head PT 280 is warranted. Skraggle states that it is built like a tank.

tennisntn3477
12-06-2009, 10:36 PM
You are way too kind. My pushing technique can only go so far. :)

Not hitting with the PB10 mid anymore?

Are the KPS88's any easier on your shoulder than the K90?

BounceHitBounceHit
12-07-2009, 08:40 AM

Wait a minute! You were hitting VERY well w/ the Volkl PB 10 Mid. What happened pal? Best, BHBH

samster
12-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Relax, guys. I am still swinging the Pb10 Mid. The KPS 88 are unstrung and chilling out at the moment. :)

BounceHitBounceHit
12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Relax, guys. I am still swinging the Pb10 Mid. The KPS 88 are unstrung and chilling out at the moment. :)

**exhales** That was a close one! :) BHBH

samster
12-07-2009, 06:27 PM
**exhales** That was a close one! :) BHBH

No worries, BHBH. I am contracted to use the Pb10 Mid until Spring 2010! :)

BounceHitBounceHit
12-07-2009, 06:36 PM
No worries, BHBH. I am contracted to use the Pb10 Mid until Spring 2010! :)

Please consult your technical and spiritual advisor before signing any new racquet deals! :twisted: BHBH

tennisntn3477
12-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Please consult your technical and spiritual advisor before signing any new racquet deals! :twisted: BHBH

Samster's got an entourage!!!

Sir Slice-A-Lot's got a crew!!!

samster
12-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Samster's got an entourage!!!

Sir Slice-A-Lot's got a crew!!!

It takes a team to be successful. Check out Tiger Woods' entourage...

tennisntn3477
12-08-2009, 07:16 PM
It takes a team to be successful. Check out Tiger Woods' entourage...

Yowza! You may have a few less talented 'pole dancers' in your crew but they make up for it with their enthusiasm!

Tina
12-27-2009, 03:31 PM
It seems to me that all of you are from Nashville,TN. Any suggestions to purchase the racket for the beginner? Thanks.

samster
12-27-2009, 03:41 PM
It seems to me that all of you are from Nashville,TN. Any suggestions to purchase the racket for the beginner? Thanks.

Some (not all) of us in this thread are from Nashville. Are you new to the game and wanting a recommendation on a beginner's tennis racket?

samster
12-27-2009, 03:43 PM
If so, I would recommend a racket that is:

1) Not to heavy, about 11.5 oz or so.
2) Headlight.
3) Midplus or oversized.

Tina
12-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Some (not all) of us in this thread are from Nashville. Are you new to the game and wanting a recommendation on a beginner's tennis racket?

Yes, Samster. I am new to the tennis. I am tired of paying the membership at the gym. I want to hit some balls on the court too! Thanks!

Tina
12-27-2009, 04:12 PM
If so, I would recommend a racket that is:

1) Not to heavy, about 11.5 oz or so.
2) Headlight.
3) Midplus or oversized.

Thanks, Samster. Any Particular Brand? Thanks.

skraggle
12-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi Tina-

Welcome to TT. I wouldn't spend too much until you're sure you love the sport. Here's a nice starter option on sale here at TW: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Prince_Shark_Oversize/descpageRCPRINCE-PSHKOS.html

BounceHitBounceHit
12-28-2009, 06:11 AM
Hi Tina-

Welcome to TT. I wouldn't spend too much until you're sure you love the sport. Here's a nice starter option on sale here at TW: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Prince_Shark_Oversize/descpageRCPRINCE-PSHKOS.html

Tina: Welcome to TTW.

You've received good advice from Skraggle and an excellent frame recommendation. :)

Skraggle: Hope you are enjoying the Tour 10 Gen II's.

Best,

BHBH

Kenny022593
12-28-2009, 08:46 AM
BHBH did you get your name changed? I am confused now lol

BounceHitBounceHit
12-28-2009, 09:34 AM
BHBH did you get your name changed? I am confused now lol

Yes. It was a necessary to change for professional reasons. BHBH

Tina
12-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the advice, TTW. Have a pleasant Day! Thank you. -Tina