PDA

View Full Version : The sound of balls hit in the Seniors tour

Mansewerz
05-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I dunno what it is, but the sound of the balls hit on the seniors tour is much different. I can't describe it, but it sounds crisper. I'm kind of liking it.

Why is the sound so different? Smaller stadium? Different strings?

Luke5192
05-03-2009, 05:27 PM
it may be because they hit much flatter, giving a purer crisper sound like you said....possibly?

ReopeningWed
05-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Any chance because it's more flat?

EDIT: I swore I posted first, alphabetical order, that's all :lol:

S H O W S T O P P E R !
05-03-2009, 05:51 PM
it may be because they hit much flatter, giving a purer crisper sound like you said....possibly?

Yeah, I'm a flat hitter and my friend is a topspin junkie. When he play, it sounds like his racket is hollow and mine sounds like Albert Pujols doing his thing on a baseball.

Ronaldo
05-03-2009, 06:13 PM
Its tubular Mans, like dead, solid perfect.

!Tym
05-04-2009, 01:58 AM
I dunno what it is, but the sound of the balls hit on the seniors tour is much different. I can't describe it, but it sounds crisper. I'm kind of liking it.

Why is the sound so different? Smaller stadium? Different strings?

The seniors play (especially on the Courier US tour) in smaller venues generally. More like country club settings converted to have a make-shift stadium.

Monte Carlo used to be the worst. Balls sounded as if they were playing on mars...and we are on earth watching them. You just feel soooo distant from the action, the camera angle was too high, the sound was soooo muffled that all the guys sounded like they playing tennis with foam nerf tennis balls.