PDA

View Full Version : Need scouting report - Dallas Fort Worth

Homey
05-04-2009, 11:46 AM
I am playing in the tournament at North Richland Hills this weekend.

I have never played there before. Can anyone help me with the following?

Are the courts at Richland tennis center slow or fast?

Does anyone have a scouting reports on the following players?
Bob Pesce
Paul Trevino
Peter Baczynski

If someone knows the strengths or weaknesses of these players I would appreciate it. I hate going into a tournament not knowing the person I am getting ready to play.

Thanks guys,

Homey

CrocodileRock
05-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Hiya Homie,

I have played against the first two players on your list, but never heard of the third. It's pretty easy to research players through tennis link, but if you don't want to do that email me privately to discuss them. However, if you are not familiar with Texas players, it will be hard to compare them. The Richland courts are nice, not very old, but can be a little noisy since they are adjacent to Loop 820. Literally, you can throw a ball on to the highway from the courts.

tennishack
05-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Courts are so fast Federer doesn't like them.... those three guys you mention haven't lost a match in almost 3 years, and most have been bagles.

Cmon dude, get there, try the courts out, play a couple of games and try different things to figure their weaknesses...or maybe watch them play.... don't be afraid...you will be ok. Bring your mama if your that worried

I am playing in the tournament at North Richland Hills this weekend.

I have never played there before. Can anyone help me with the following?

Are the courts at Richland tennis center slow or fast?

Does anyone have a scouting reports on the following players?
Bob Pesce
Paul Trevino
Peter Baczynski

If someone knows the strengths or weaknesses of these players I would appreciate it. I hate going into a tournament not knowing the person I am getting ready to play.

Thanks guys,

Homey

smoothtennis
05-07-2009, 06:57 AM
The courts vary some. I played on three courts this week, and they were all different speeds, with one being particularly slow. The courts are fast in general.

All three of those guys are good solid 4.0's and will adapt their games as needed. Anybody is beatable on any given day including everyone in that tournament. I have played all three. Honestly, it's like boxing. It has far more to do with style matchups and your ability to adjust than 'who is better skilled'. At least at the 4.0 level. Just get there early, warm up good, and enjoy the matches. Skill wise, all three are pretty solid.

Looks like you have a Friday match - you staying in a local hotel?

LOL - scouting reports have gotten me in more trouble than they have helped in the past. That's because each guys perception is from *their* viewpoint with *their* games - which can be quite different than yours.