PDA

View Full Version : Beginning, Advanced, Intercollegiate tennis at Community College

KBlade
05-04-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm a high school senior signing up for classes in DVC next year. I have a choice of beginning, advanced, and intercollegiate tennis classes.

All I can really say about myself is that I'm a 3.5 player and I was on my school's varsity team. I'm a decent player and I practice on my own. With summer coming up I plan to sign up for lessons and play everyday for hours (nothing else to do). I expect that after about 3 months of brutal tennis training I'll be a lot better.

Anyway, I'm not sure which class to take. I don't think I suck enough to play beginners tennis, so the question is whether to go for advanced or intercollegiate.

Bash and Crash
05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm a high school senior signing up for classes in DVC next year. I have a choice of beginning, advanced, and intercollegiate tennis classes.

All I can really say about myself is that I'm a 3.5 player and I was on my school's varsity team. I'm a decent player and I practice on my own. With summer coming up I plan to sign up for lessons and play everyday for hours (nothing else to do). I expect that after about 3 months of brutal tennis training I'll be a lot better.

Anyway, I'm not sure which class to take. I don't think I suck enough to play beginners tennis, so the question is whether to go for advanced or intercollegiate.

well intercollegiate means you will be playing on the tennis team, do you have time for that commitment, otherwise just take advanced for class if thats all you want.

kashgotmoney
05-04-2009, 07:39 PM
I can hit with you over summer a few times. I live in your area im guessin cuz u said dvc which im guessin you mean diablo valley... what hs did you go to

ogruskie
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
How tough is the DVC intercol team?

Evry1hateslefties
05-04-2009, 08:32 PM
hey bash and crash how do you like the tfibre black code? I play with the 18 guage red code and i think the black code sounds awesome

Joeyg
05-05-2009, 04:59 AM
If you are a true 3.5, you might play 5 or 6 on DVC's team depending on how many good players come out next year. For classes, sign up for the advanced class only. The others won't be worth your time.

I am one of the coaches at Chabot, so we will probably see you next year.