PDA

View Full Version : What's the story with Dunlop?

DavidGarcia
05-06-2009, 08:59 AM
I still see most of its pros using the old paint jobs or no paint job at all in Robredo's case (his stick is all black).

Why are they not using the new Aerogel 4d racket paint jobs?

Blake was using the AG200 paint job today in Estoril.

Danstevens
05-06-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm afraid I can't answer your question but surely it's not a bad thing (from consumers' points of view) that Dunlop aren't trying to market their new products as aggressively and/or stupidly as some other brands.

OK, this isn't particularly good business practise but I'd rather see this than paintjobs of rackets that anyone could tell weren't the actual frame.

slice bh compliment
05-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Or it means that 4D is not just a paintjob, it's real. And the pros might not be in love with it?

I mean, I like the honesty, but I preferred the look of the aerogels from the last two years, especially the 200 and the 100. Best looking sticks ever.

Jonny S&V
05-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Or it means that 4D is not just a paintjob, it's real. And the pros might not be in love with it?

I mean, I like the honesty, but I preferred the look of the aerogels from the last two years, especially the 200 and the 100. Best looking sticks ever.

Quoted for truth, especially the paintjobs, looking sweet!

hoodjem
05-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Yep, I wonder how much Djokovic "made" switching to Head? I guess so that TW can write things like this: "Novak Djokovic's signature racquet, the Youtek Speed Pro is an ideal choice for the advanced level player."

Ooooh! "I wanna buy one right now, so I can be like Mi. . . Nole."

Companies pay way too much on endorsements, not enough on research and development.

Marc The Shark
05-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Companies pay way too much on endorsements, not enough on research and development.
Unfortunatly... one brings in way more revenue than the other for 1/4 of the effort.

Dan007
05-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Haas is using a head prestige with dunlop stencil too

origmarm
05-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Haas is using a head prestige with dunlop stencil too

Is this recent?

He has always used the Dunlop "Pro Mold" in the past.