PDA

View Full Version : How to beat this player..

Liv3 For It
05-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Ok, so tommorrow I am playing A challenge match for a singles spot on the team. We are pretty much equal, although I have confidence in winning over him. It will be a 3 set match to determine who moves up. And it will be a windy/mostly cloudy day. He is a lefty and I am a righty and he is also a little sick.

Here are his weaknesses, His serve is sometimes strong but sometimes it is also inconsistant. I can bet on a few double faults and Maybe a few serve forced errors (A good serve that makes me miss) if hes on a good day.

His forehand must be a strength, it rarely makes an error and he can hit good inside out forehands with it.

His backhand is deffinately a weakness. It makes errors when he has to hit a ball on the rise and is at the most, a rally ball.

He rarely volleys but I would not say that he volleys are bad. I could count on some errors and some winners as well.

His overhead is pretty good but sometimes he can miss a harder one. It sometimes misses on bad days but I would not take a risk.

His approach shot is probably his next biggest weapon.

He mentally, is weaker and tends to get really angry easily. he also gives up sometimes when he is really down.

HOW CAN I WIN??? ANY TIPS/STRATIGIES WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

120mphBodyServe
05-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Use your brain. If we give you all the answers, then where's the fun?

serve and Justin
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
it would help if you tell us your strengths/weaknesses...

my advice assuming you can place shots and serves is to play as many serves to his backhand but occasionally throw in a few to the singles to keep him from cheating to one side to try and run around for his forehand.

I do not understand where you say his volley skills are weak but he has good approach shots...Why is his approach to the net so good while the result is him not being comfortable at the net...

I drive players nuts with my low forehand slice that makes it difficult to get a good approach shot off of.

Gugafan
05-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Your a lefty and he has a bad backhand??

Just pound that backhand with your forehand crosscourt (Nadal like)...If he reverts to hitting chipped backhands to keep the ball in play, take the net and catch him off guard.

Liv3 For It
05-06-2009, 05:57 PM
just keep pounding his backhand/.? Like Nadal?

thehustler
05-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Well maybe it's just me but I'd be vicious and make him run around if he's a little sick. Pound the backhand, hit with plenty of top spin for margin of error since it's windy. Make him run side to side, forward and back. Drain the energy out of the guy and you'll win in straights.

tudwell
05-06-2009, 07:56 PM
In addition to pounding the backhand, attack his serve. Stand a good meter or two in from the baseline and just whack the sucker. You said his serve is inconsistent. Well, just imagine how many double faults he'll make trying to hit a second serve that you can't attack!

Nellie
05-06-2009, 08:24 PM
what does this mean: "His approach shot is probably his next biggest weapon." Do you mean the opponent moves forward well to the net? Or the the actual approach is a good shot, where he can hit winners off of short balls?

With server who is inconsistent, don't worry about hitting every shot, instead, look to win games by getting several points in a row. put pressure on the second serve by moving forward and hitting sharply to the corner and moving forward to the net.

for the back hand, hit some short, wide shots to the backhand so he has to move forward to the hit the ball. Anyone with a bad stroke is even worse when hitting on the run and moving.