PDA

View Full Version : kudos to mardy fish

ty slothrop
05-08-2009, 07:29 PM
I have to admit, 4-5 years ago I thought this guy was soft and a whiner. His attitude against Massu in the Olympic finals really made me think he wouldn't stay at the top for long. Then he missed substantial time and fell down around 300 in the world.

I have to hand it to him -- fighting all the way back to the top 20 is a terrific effort. I've seen him play 6-7 times over the past few years, and he fights like hell every match. He made rafa really work at the us open last year, and now he is even pushing people like andreev on clay. he worked really hard to improve his forehand and make it more than solid -- it's now a weapon.

plus, he threatened to beat PHM's @ss during a match...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpSt5W49Oho

if I were p-mac, I would seriously consider subbing him for blake next round of Davis Cup.

Gugafan
05-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Dont like the guys attitude. Has a tendency to throw hissy fits abit like his fellow American Roddick.

I think it was last year, when he was playing Gasquet he started getting into exchanges at the sit-down. He was basically trash talking, mocking Gasquet for not being able to beat him easily, as he had just comeback from his honeymoon.

I certainly agree that he has vastly improved his game. He seems to play attacking tennis lately, likes to get to the net as much as possible.

tournaking
05-09-2009, 04:22 AM
Dont like the guys attitude. Has a tendency to throw hissy fits abit like his fellow American Roddick.

I think it was last year, when he was playing Gasquet he started getting into exchanges at the sit-down. He was basically trash talking, mocking Gasquet for not being able to beat him easily, as he had just comeback from his honeymoon.

I certainly agree that he has vastly improved his game. He seems to play attacking tennis lately, likes to get to the net as much as possible.

Pretty much sums up my feelings on Mardy. His attitude really sucks, as does other american players attitudes. Didn't like the way he behaved on court in Estoril yesterday either.