PDA

View Full Version : Babolat

Wildcat tennis 11
05-09-2009, 07:34 AM
So im getting a new racket next week and i know i want a babolat because i like the feel of them. Thing is i like way to many of them and dont know which one to get. it comes down to the Babolat pure drive(the new one too), babolat purestorm, and the babolat aeropro. people who know a lot about these reackets please help.

nadalfan!
05-09-2009, 07:44 AM
So im getting a new racket next week and i know i want a babolat because i like the feel of them. Thing is i like way to many of them and dont know which one to get. it comes down to the Babolat pure drive(the new one too), babolat purestorm, and the babolat aeropro. people who know a lot about these reackets please help.

Wrong section but anyways what kind of playing style do you have? You gave us no information to work with... :neutral:

Wildcat tennis 11
05-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Wrong section but anyways what kind of playing style do you have? You gave us no information to work with... :neutral:

I have kind of an all around style. i think i have a big forehand and serve. Im also 5'5 and i heard that the pure drive is good for the shorter player.

LPShanet
05-09-2009, 10:48 AM

The best thing you can do is demo all three. Pick the one that you play the best with. That simple. There is no such thing as a racquet for shorter people (other than the fact that extended versions offer 1/2" more reach). I think you're overthinking and underplaying. Pick the one that you hit the most of your shots the best with.

Federer's cat
05-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I tried all of them, I can give you my review on which stroke they are best with (I currently use the APDC).

Pure Storm:

Strength: Serving & Vollying
Weakness: Groundstrokes

Aeropro Drive:

Strength: Groundstrokes & Volleys
Weakness: Serve

Pure Drive:

Strength: Serve
Weakness: Groundstrokes & Volleys

If you say you're best is serve & forehand, I would defiantly demo all three. They are all very different, but they all use topspin. There's no way to tell which one you like more unless you see what just feels right.

nadalfan!
05-09-2009, 05:52 PM
I have heard some good things about the pure storm limited. Maybe you should demo those 4 racquets from TW first to see which you like the best. BTW, you can demo up to 4 racquets at a time.

TsongaEatingAPineappleLol
05-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Which racquet specifically? :confused:

Wildcat tennis 11
05-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Which racquet specifically? :confused:

what do you mean?

babolatboy12
05-10-2009, 10:10 AM

this is off topic, but do you go to redlands east valley?

betovanbuuren
05-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Go for the Aeropro

Wildcat tennis 11
05-10-2009, 10:50 AM
this is off topic, but do you go to redlands east valley?

i dont know what that is at all?

Wildcat tennis 11
05-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Go for the Aeropro

i dont know i have mixed feeling about the aero pro i dont really like how the shape is. its kind of awkward to play with.

babolatboy12
05-10-2009, 12:52 PM
i dont know what that is at all?
oh ok im sorry. redlands east valley is a high school. our mascot is wildcat. so i thought you would be on the tennis team and graduation year '11. sorry

scraps234
05-10-2009, 12:54 PM
new pure drive for you i think...

roger nadal
05-10-2009, 01:42 PM
wildcat 11 do by chance play for the south wildcats cuz i play for the central warhawks

sonicboi21
05-10-2009, 02:12 PM
I have an APDC and ive played with my friend's PDR. I gotta say the APDC and PDR serve the same. Both give great pop, but APDC gives more spin and controllable power. If you like serving, dont buy a babolat. Babolats are made for baseline bashing, and if you like to volley, get a dunlop.

Wildcat tennis 11
05-10-2009, 04:21 PM
wildcat 11 do by chance play for the south wildcats cuz i play for the central warhawks

No i dont.

thundaga
05-11-2009, 07:26 AM
We sell a lot of Babolats at work and most of the younger players are convincing themselves they want the aero pro drive before they've looked at anything else.

AP is a great racquet for spin but feels a bit different to most other racquets which I think is due to the shape of its throat. I rate this racquet pretty terrible for serving, but I'm not the biggest fan of the brand anyway. In any case you've already found it's "kind of awkward" so you could just about cross it off the list?

Wildcat tennis 11
05-11-2009, 02:05 PM
We sell a lot of Babolats at work and most of the younger players are convincing themselves they want the aero pro drive before they've looked at anything else.

AP is a great racquet for spin but feels a bit different to most other racquets which I think is due to the shape of its throat. I rate this racquet pretty terrible for serving, but I'm not the biggest fan of the brand anyway. In any case you've already found it's "kind of awkward" so you could just about cross it off the list?

Thats exactly what i thought when i was serving with it.