PDA

View Full Version : Rafa's mini tennis game

Marc The Shark
05-10-2009, 02:03 PM
So one of the times I saw Rafa practice in Miami and he played this mini tennis game..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yley0Pm3d4&feature=channel_page
Is this suppose to train any specific aspect of your game? Footwork/soft hands maybe? Or just a change of pace a lil to cool down?

bladepdb
05-10-2009, 02:45 PM
I usually warm up with my hitting buddies with mini tennis..though what we do is go crosscourt on each side exclusively for several rallies to get good ball feel and control of the ball. I.e. we are exclusively hiting diagonally to each other so when we move back, we're able to control if we want to go cross court rallies and then start hitting down the line, etc.

It looks like they were working on net movement too.

split-step
05-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Bladepdb, That wasn't just mini tennis.
They were bouncing the ball on their side of the court first to make it go over.
Not sure how that applies to the game as you don't want to engrain hitting the ball into your side of the court.
however you do need good hands to do that.
THey might have just been having fun.

sh@de
05-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Looked like it was for enjoyment more than anything :p. But I dno, could be training movement and footwork...

Swissv2
05-10-2009, 05:45 PM
fun game! I should try it sometime. thanks for the link Marc.

Marc The Shark
05-10-2009, 05:56 PM
I just tried it with a friend tonight and it was indeed pretty fun. Good lil footwork fun

tin
05-10-2009, 08:06 PM
This is I what I do with my coach before hitting from the baseline

JamaicanYoute
05-10-2009, 08:11 PM
It may look like fun, and I'm sure it probably is - but that's a footwork/hand drill. Next time you see Rafa getting to some insane ball and hitting an incredible shot, remember this video.

slicefox
05-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Why do you care what nadal did today? Do you also try to figure out what he ate, where he slept, what he did off-court and all that stuff?

He's just a human.

JamaicanYoute
05-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Why do you care what nadal did today? Do you also try to figure out what he ate, where he slept, what he did off-court and all that stuff?

He's just a human.

Are you talking to me?

Marc The Shark
05-10-2009, 09:02 PM
He's just a human.
I don't care.... I just happened to have seen him doing this drill once before when I was at work. I was curious if this was an actual practical drill or if it was just for fun... Simple black/white question. I would have asked about this drill if it would have been any other player.. So STFU, and crawl back into your hole if you have nothing constructive to say.

ayuname
05-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Ping pong alert!

Shaolin
05-10-2009, 09:59 PM

He's just a human.

Why do you care what he cares about?

LOL...You fail by your own standard.

hopeless
05-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Its a tennis drill for your net game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NE87T38Iv4&feature=related

Franz
05-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Its a tennis drill for your net game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NE87T38Iv4&feature=related
i was gonna say... i do that same drill..... though i suck at the drill lol but still... nothing too out of the ordinary, its mainly to get a better feel

Kobble
05-11-2009, 03:55 AM
I saw this as well in Miami.

larry10s
05-11-2009, 06:13 AM
I don't care.... I just happened to have seen him doing this drill once before when I was at work. I was curious if this was an actual practical drill or if it was just for fun... Simple black/white question. I would have asked about this drill if it would have been any other player.. So STFU, and crawl back into your hole if you have nothing constructive to say.
good reply. posters like that should be banned.

stormholloway
05-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Looks like a fun game.