PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Fed still has a chance to win RG. Or has that window closed?

GameSampras
05-10-2009, 04:36 PM
I guess it depends on the draw whether or not who draws Djoker in their bracket. But who knows. Djoker is still known headcase at times, very erratic and has breathing issues so Fed may have a chance there. Now Nadal could get injured possibly or be upsetted (though unlikely) and Fed can sneak in and grab the RG title. It could happen. He still has enough left in the tank to do so and bearing some unforseen act of god going against Nadal. LOL

ronalditop
05-10-2009, 04:40 PM
if he couldnt won RG in his prime, he wont do it now.

Swissv2
05-10-2009, 04:47 PM
Disagree with poster above. If Federer doesn't have to face Nadal, he *might* have a chance. Federer has made it to the finals the last 3 years in a row. I don't call that "random".
Then again, the possibility of Nadal NOT reaching the FO finals is slim to none.

Bud
05-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Window is closed unless something very unusual happens.

VictorS.
05-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Obviously this is a board where us fans express our opinions. However it's funny how so many people are ready to write off a champion especially the caliber of a Federer. This guy is a once in a lifetime talent.

Does he have a chance @ Roland Garros? Of course he does.

Mick
05-10-2009, 05:57 PM
i think if federer fails to win RG this year, next year it will be an even tougher challenge.

Cup8489
05-10-2009, 06:15 PM
if nadal goes out before the final and federer makes it, i think there's about a 95 percent chance he's taking it.

if he doesn't i sure hope he goes down fighting, big time. because that would be his greatest chance, and he could be at 14 slams, a career slam, and would be right back in the running for number 1

anointedone
05-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Djokovic has now surpassed Federer on clay. So even if by some miracle something to Nadal then Djokovic will be the most likely winner. There are also others besides Djokovic who will be dangerous to an ever weakening Federer on clay too.

OnceWas
05-10-2009, 06:29 PM
the current odds at William Hill are :
Rafa 1-3
Roger 9-1
Novak 9-1
Andy M. 9-1

fps
05-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Rafa 1-3
Roger 9-1
Novak 9-1
Andy M. 9-1

perhaps the bookies think by bracketing murray with the others they'll get more punters thinking he's a serious challenger. i don't see it myself.

as for fed, all he can do is keep putting himself in the position to win it. i'll be very impressed if he can get through djokovic if they're paired though.

anointedone
05-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Rafa 1-3
Roger 9-1
Novak 9-1
Andy M. 9-1

Murray's odds being that good are a joke.

Pirao
05-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Murray's odds being that good are a joke.

Agreed, they should at least wait to see what he does in Madrid. He just got eliminated in his 1st match in Rome :-?.

Underhand
05-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Window? The entire street is closed.

Bud
05-10-2009, 11:29 PM
if nadal goes out before the final and federer makes it, i think there's about a 95 percent chance he's taking it.

if he doesn't i sure hope he goes down fighting, big time. because that would be his greatest chance, and he could be at 14 slams, a career slam, and would be right back in the running for number 1

Not a chance.

He's been beaten handily by both Djokovic and Wawrinka already this year on clay. Plus, he has yet to win a title in 2009. RG is a pipe dream for Federer.

His only remaining chances for GS titles in 2009 are Wimbledon and the USO... which I still think are possible... but are long shots for Federer, at this point in time. His playing has gone downhill so quickly.

P_Agony
05-10-2009, 11:32 PM
Federer will never win RG, unless a miracle happens. I do think he can beat the likes of Djokovic and Murray on a grand slam, but if he does he'll eventually have to fave Nadal and there is no chance there. Not with Fed's current form and confidence.

I think in 2006 Fed had his best chance and he somewhat gave up.

Bud
05-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Rafa 1-3
Roger 9-1
Novak 9-1
Andy M. 9-1

Hard to believe Djo, Fed and Murray all have the same odds.

Bud
05-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Disagree with poster above. If Federer doesn't have to face Nadal, he *might* have a chance. Federer has made it to the finals the last 3 years in a row. I don't call that "random".
Then again, the possibility of Nadal NOT reaching the FO finals is slim to none.

I don't see Fed in the final this year. He's playing too poorly.

Pirao
05-10-2009, 11:52 PM

It'll be an exciting new final! Either Djokovic, if he's not on Nadal's half, or someone completely unexpected if he is. Maybe Verdasco? I can dream, right? :)

theduh
05-10-2009, 11:53 PM

Like the way he played poorly during the 2008 North America hard court swing and how he won the USO. I know that clay is Fed's worst surface but then again I still believe that anything is possible, nothing is written in stone until it's over. Now as for the door is still open? I still believe it is, but year after year the door closes slightly so chances of Fed winning it is still there but it's pretty slim.

TheNatural
05-11-2009, 12:33 AM
the window closed after 2004. The match he lostversus This guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTim7ruk2vs) Was Federer's last real chance to win Roland Garros.

Bud
05-11-2009, 12:47 AM
the window closed after 2004. The match he lostversus This guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTim7ruk2vs) Was Federer's last real chance to win Roland Garros.

What happened to his movement and footwork!?

Looking at that match and looking at Federer today is the difference between night and day. It's immediately apparent his movement is not even close to what it was back then.