makhan10
05-11-2009, 03:42 AM
for qualifying round????

theduh
05-11-2009, 03:51 AM
win everything I guess.

Franz
05-11-2009, 08:01 AM
i think he means how do you apply for qualifiying round? many meanings to qualify... and... i don't know, get a manager to take care of things?

NickC
05-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Go to the event's qualifying rounds, see the cutoff ranking, and if you've got a ranking higher (under that specific number, for challengers it's usually in the 750s or better, for ITF Futures, you just need to show up and play, for regular ATP events it's in the 250's or around there, and for Slams it's in the top 150 or so, I think) you can sign up. That simple.

raiden031
05-11-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm curious to know how many matches you would theoretically have to play if God waved his magic wand and suddenly made you as good as Federer, yet you had zero competitive tennis background on paper. What would be the first yet highest event you could enter without a ranking, and assuming you are capable of beating any player on the planet, how many matches would you have to play and win in order to make into the draw of a slam event?

defrule
05-11-2009, 08:31 AM
How do you start getting ranking in the first place? Surely you won't be able to go into any limited ranking competitions because you're unranked, so are there any free for all tournaments that allows people to pick up points?

Lotto
05-11-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm curious to know how many matches you would theoretically have to play if God waved his magic wand and suddenly made you as good as Federer, yet you had zero competitive tennis background on paper. What would be the first yet highest event you could enter without a ranking, and assuming you are capable of beating any player on the planet, how many matches would you have to play and win in order to make into the draw of a slam event?

Well, that would be unbelievably cool but firstly, you would enter into a futures qualifier and depending on the one you'd get points. I know for the Irish F2 you get 36 points for winning it. So, you'd get 36 points which would put you around 777 in the world.

So, for points sake, lets just take it this way:

I want to start my career and I'm as gifted as Federer. I decide to enter an Irish futures event. I win it and move to 777 in the world. Seeing my great accomplishment, I request a wildcard into the Irish Challenger. I win that and that gives me 120 points so I would be on 156 points putting me at 375 in the world. Seeing my recent form, I could then probably enter the qualies for the US Open, (Conor Niland played Aussie Open qualies and he is 294 in the world or something), you could win that, win the US Open and then you would be in the top 20 and then you're set from there.

So, roughly around 3 tournaments maybe....with the talent of Federer of course as you stated.

Anyway, back on topic.....get an ipin thingy and enter in a qualies for a futures.....

raiden031
05-11-2009, 08:52 AM
So, roughly around 3 tournaments maybe....with the talent of Federer of course as you stated.

Wow I'm only 3 tournaments away from center court. Not too shabby. :)

Sounds easier than getting drafted into the NFL.