PDA

View Full Version : Fed says he can still "rattle" Nadal

Pages : [1] 2

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 11:26 AM
World number two Roger Federer believes his form is improving all the time and that he still has what it takes to rattle number one Rafael Nadal and steal the Spaniard's French Open crown.

The Swiss 13-times Grand Slam winner has yet to win a title this year and has lost in semi-finals twice to Novak Djokovic and twice to Andy Murray as well as falling to Nadal in the Australian Open final.

"I'm happy how I am playing now and it's getting better every week," Federer told a news conference ahead of the Madrid Open clay event.

"It's been rather a tough start to the season considering I haven't won a tournament yet but I think I am very close to turning it all around," he added.

"I have struggled a little bit against my main rivals. I was always very close to beating them. So I just hope I can turn the corner and win those matches.

"I feel the game's right there and that's why I'm aiming high this week."

Federer, 27, said it would not necessarily be a bad thing if he went into the French Open later this month, the only Grand Slam to elude him, not having played Nadal on the Spaniard's favoured clay this season.

Nadal has beaten his predecessor as number one nine times out of 10 on the surface stretching back to the semi-finals at Roland Garros in 2005, his only defeat coming in the final of the Hamburg Masters in 2007.

"I think he's playing the tennis of his life right now," said Federer.

"But still I'm a great believer I can rattle him. I was so close at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.

"Every match has to be played and I know that I have the game to beat him, even if he has beaten me on clay so many times and he knows how to beat me."

OPEN PERSON

Federer is currently without a regular coach and said he is not considering hiring one anytime soon despite his lack of success this year.

"At the moment I am very content with the situation. Things are calm in my team and I'm doing the right things and practising extremely hard to get my game back," he said.

"Of course the main goal for me is the French Open and Wimbledon, trying to regain the Wimbledon crown and trying to win the French Open for the first time.

"But I'm an open person and I'm always looking for ways to improve my game. So if that's talking to somebody else or somebody else giving me advice that's not a problem but at the moment it's not happening."
http://sports.rediff.com/report/2009/may/11/federer-can-still-rattle-nadal.htm

Nadal_Freak
05-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Poor Federer. In denial.

Nadalator
05-11-2009, 11:29 AM
He says but he doesn't

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 11:30 AM
As a Rafa supporter,i say it's a good thing that he still has that belief. Hopefully FO this year will be more interesting to watch.

All-rounder
05-11-2009, 11:31 AM
"I'm happy how I am playing now and it's getting better every week,"
Is this not what he said back in indian wells, miami, monte carlo and rome

And every time its the same result no matter what but this time federer has a chance he has a good draw

Serendipitous
05-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Considering how badly Federer played in the fifth set at the Australian Open, I wouldn't say he was "so close."

Nadal still won. It's not like he was rattled by the two games he lost in the final set.

On the contrary, I'm sure he was very happy. :)

Nothing can rattle Nadal except injuries, which Federer cannot inflict upon him without being put in jail.

seffina
05-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Glad Federer feels like he's playing better! I'm really excited to watch him play in this tourny.

sureshs
05-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Rattling Nadal is not enough. He will be shaken, but not stirred. He will just raise his level a notch and demolish Federer.

chiru
he's saying what he needs to say. frankly if his message was much different i'd be pretty apprehensive myself.

gj011
Federer is delusional, just like his worshipers here.

He should worry how to get to Nadal and the finals first, since he is not able to do that as well any more.

All-rounder
05-11-2009, 11:35 AM

He should worry how to get to Nadal and the finals first, since he is not able to do that as well any more.
''Federer is delusional, just like his worshipers here.''

You didn't have to go there your just asking for trouble

Cup8489
05-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Considering how badly Federer played in the fifth set at the Australian Open, I wouldn't say he was "so close."

Nadal still won. It's not like he was rattled by the two games he lost in the final set.

Nothing can rattle Nadal except injuries, which Federer cannot inflict upon him without being put in jail.

but he made nadal work in that match, that's for sure.

Lefty5
05-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Rattle does not mean "beat" or "win".... Any player in the top 50 should be able to rattle Nadal, doesn't mean they are going to beat him.

gj011
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM

I am just honest and telling the truth.

All-rounder
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Not as much as verdasco in my opinion

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Well to me it's a good thing that the Fed is having his confidence back.Not that he'll beat Nadal at RG,but he'll at least make FO(if he reaches the finals)competitive.Thus worth watching.I don't like ***** whopping,beatdown.etc.

icedevil0289

I agree. I am sick and tired of him bagging on fed fans. Btw, I see nothing delusional about what he said. No one really knows what he meant by "rattle. perhaps it means taking more than 4 games off of rafa at the french. :) I feel like fed can never win here. I don't get what he's supposed to say.

Serendipitous

Definitely....he would have probably taken the third set if he had broken Nadal's serve.

Ultimately, though, the fifth set was somewhat of a disappointment with 2 breaks of serve.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 11:40 AM

lmao!! Wow, thats a good one.

Cup8489
Definitely....he would have probably taken the third set if he had broken Nadal's serve.

Ultimately, though, the fifth set was somewhat of a disappointment with 2 breaks of serve.

i think at that point federer just kinda gave in, which is a sad thing to see in any match. but for those four sets, i had no idea who was taking it. when federer won the fourth, i honestly thought that he was gonna raise his level to take the fifth.. but didnt turn out that way

yeah, Verdasco really pushed nadal. against ANYONE else he would have been the finalist and not the loser. one of the better matches i've ever seen, until the end. that was a disappointing final game, but incredible match.

vtmike

Djokovic is delusional, just like his worshiper here.

He should worry how to get to Nadal and the finals first, since he is not able to do that as well any more. When was the last time he played in a final of a GS?

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I agree. I am sick and tired of him bagging on fed fans. Btw, I see nothing delusional about what he said. No one really knows what "rattle" means. perhaps it means taking more than 4 games off of rafa at the french. :)

Rattle: to utter or perform rapidly.So maybe he meant that he's going to outplay Rafa at RG!!!

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 11:42 AM

When was the last time he played in a final of a GS?

oh no, don't bring djokovic into this. Otherwise 2/3 of this thread will be you and him going at each other and calling each othe trolls.

Pwned
05-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Good stuff. Sounds like he is working hard practicing. Hopefully he continues that.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Rattle: to utter or perform rapidly.So maybe he meant that he's going to outplay Rafa at RG!!!

lol, I'm going to with winning more than 4 games because that seems more likely.

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Fellas please let's keep this thread clean.Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.

rocky b
Listen we all thought Sampras was done and he did win that final US open to shut everybody up. Agassi won the french open and we though he would never win on clay. I think Fed has a slight chance to pull the upset but I would not put money on it.

vtmike
oh no, don't bring djokovic into this. Otherwise 2/3 of this thread will be you and him going at each other and calling each othe trolls.

Haha I have stopped taking him/her seriously anymore... :)

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 11:46 AM
lol, I'm going to with winning more than 4 games because that seems more likely.

How don't you have faith in your fav? The guy reached 3 finals in a row and a semi,which is no bad imo.You never know which Fed 'd show up in the finals.Not that he'd win but at least give Rafa a tough match.And i'm saying this as a Rafa supporter once again.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 11:48 AM
How don't you have faith in your fav? The guy reached 3 finals in a row and a semi,which is no bad imo.You never know which Fed 'd show up in the finals.Not that he'd win but at least give Rafa a tough match.And i'm saying this as a Rafa supporter once again.

well I'm talking specifically about the french open, not in general. I'm not sure if roger is saying he can rattle nadal in general or at the french. If he meant at the french, then I'm going with winning more than 4 games. I still have faith though.

Nadal_Freak
05-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Fed is just building himself up only to get knocked down again aka Roddick style. lol

gj011
05-11-2009, 11:49 AM

That is exactly what he and P_Agony do on each and single thread. Start with mindless nonsense attacks and destroy threads on purpose. And they always do that in sync. P_Agony just started with trolling on Michelangelo thread. Unbelievable.

aphex
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM

i think many people agree with me-how can i get this through to you?
you are the worst poster on this forum. no. really. you are.
just stfu will ya.

edberg505
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM
LOL, so Djokovic says something like this and he's just confident. Federer says the same thing and he's a clown. Funny.

GameSampras
05-11-2009, 11:51 AM
"Rattle" is one thing. "Beat" is another. LOL.

Rattling a player isnt going to get you more slams. BEating a player will

aphex
Fed is just building himself up only to get knocked down again aka Roddick style. lol

thank you for your valuable insight o impartial one you

vtmike
LOL, so Djokovic says something like this and he's just confident. Federer says the same thing and he's a clown. Funny.

With the Roland Garros grand slam a month away, Djokovic reckons he has the weapons to dismantle the Mallorcan on clay, saying: "Playing him on this surface is in itself a true challenge to find the right tactics. But I really believe that one day I can beat him on this surface. I can do it."

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 11:52 AM
well I'm talking specifically about the french open, not in general. I'm not sure if roger is saying he can rattle nadal in general or at the french. If he meant at the french, then I'm going with winning more than 4 games. I still have faith though.

You always have to believe in your chances even if they are small.
Do you expect him to admit he can't win?

Nadal_Freak
Well Fed didn't even have to say that to be a clown in general terms. lol

vtmike
"Rattle" is one thing. "Beat" is another. LOL.

Rattling a player isnt going to get you more slams. BEating a player will

Maybe physically rattling him before a match might do the trick :)

certifiedjatt
i'm not a rafa or federer fan per se, i.e., i'm not loyal to either of them. however, given my somewhat biasedness towards sampras, i usually want federer to lose for that reason, among others (his arrogance, the self-important attire, the backhanded compliments to players, etc.).

but, the guy is FAR from finished. i do believe him when he says he can still rattle players and win majors. of course he can, and he will. if he goes this entire year without winning a major or getting to a final/semi final, then there would be concern...

icedevil0289
That is exactly what he and P_Agony do on each and single thread. Start with mindless nonsense attacks and destroy threads on purpose. And they always do that in sync. P_Agony just started with trolling on Michelangelo thread. Unbelievable.

I just briefly read through the thread and I have to disagree with you. I see nothing wrong with what P_Agony said. The only person who I saw trolling was you with your "mindless federer bashing". Anways, I don't want to get into an argument with you because I know it will be pointless.

seffina

Are those that are fans of Federer to stop believing in him now? Are they not to take solace in the fact that he feels like he is playing better? It's one thing to say he is going to win the French Open, but it's another to be hopeful that he can give Nadal a good game.

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 11:54 AM
People let's keep the flame out of this thread please.We're all mature enough to get along each other,can't we?

Richie Rich
05-11-2009, 11:55 AM
fed's the one that seems rattled and scared

gj011
I just briefly read through the thread and I have to disagree with you. I see nothing wrong with what P_Agony said. Anways, I don't want to get into an argument with you because I know it will be pointless.

Nothing wrong with this?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3406623&postcount=105

Pure trolling and lies.

icedevil0289

I think thats what the nadatards/************s/***********s would want.

Nadal_Freak
Are those that are fans of Federer to stop believing in him now? Are they not to take solace in the fact that he feels like he is playing better? It's one thing to say he is going to win the French Open, but it's another to be hopeful that he can give Nadal a good game.
When you think of it that way, it actually sounds he is discouraged and only hopeful to make it close. lol

stormholloway
05-11-2009, 11:56 AM
This article isn't news. A player said he believes he can win. Big deal.

GameSampras
05-11-2009, 11:57 AM
You arent going to rattle a mentally tough player like Nadal PLAYING HIS GAME. You have to attack consistently and not let him breathe. Never let up on him. Fed just doesnt have what it takes. He should have kept his 2003 game. Not the baseline weak crap he has now which a player like Nadal can expose all day long

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Nothing wrong with this?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3406623&postcount=105

Pure trolling and lies.

Whatever. And to think that I thought you were a rational djokovic fan. Silly me.

edberg505
05-11-2009, 11:58 AM
I just briefly read through the thread and I have to disagree with you. I see nothing wrong with what P_Agony said. The only person who I saw trolling was you with your "mindless federer bashing". Anways, I don't want to get into an argument with you because I know it will be pointless.

Actually Djokovic's name probably wouldn't have even come up at all had someone (who shall remain nameless) not come in here to slam what Federer said which was oddly enough nothing bad at all.

Nadal_Freak
05-11-2009, 11:59 AM

He should worry how to get to Nadal and the finals first, since he is not able to do that as well any more. When was the last time he played in a final of a GS?
You started this whole thing by mentioning Djokovic and getting all defensive.

vtmike
05-11-2009, 12:00 PM

Yah pretty much...An ideal Fed interview would be something like this,
"Today I have realized I cannot beat Djokovic, Murray & Nadal on any surface anymore and with this I am announcing my retirement and will not even attempt at winning another slam again. I will not even try to break Sampras' record because apparently everyone on TTW forums says I do not have the ability to reach a GS final anymore"

gj011
05-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Whatever. And to think that I thought you were a rational djokovic fan. Silly me.

So you see nothing wrong there? And to think I thought you were a rational Federer fan. Silly me.

seffina
When you think of it that way, it actually sounds he is discouraged and only hopeful to make it close. lol

I didn't mean it that way, but I guess you can interpret it that way. Honestly, the part of the article I cared about was that he feels like he's playing better. And I just don't think it is delusional as a fan to hope that him feeling confident is a good sign.

vtmike

LOL Thank you! Your objective unbiased analysis is always welcome but ignored!

gj011
05-11-2009, 12:02 PM

Exactly. Thank you for telling the truth.

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 12:02 PM

Well i'm not one of them.Roger has played better this year than last year as he isn't losing to Fish,Blake,Simon, Karlovic,Roddick,Stepanek,etc. etc. Ehh wait he alredy lost to Wawrinka.
Fed is sure talking the talk, but can he walk the walk? is the big question here.

aphex
05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
delete. not worth it.

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
"Today I have realized I cannot beat Djokovic, Murray & Nadal on any surface anymore and with this I am announcing my retirement and will not even attempt at winning another slam again. I will not even try to break Sampras' record because apparently everyone on TTW forums says I do not have the ability to reach a GS final anymore"

lmao.That'd be a great read:).Roger has played better this year than last year as he isn't losing to Fish,Blake,Simon, Karlovic,Roddick,Stepanek,etc. etc. Ehh wait he alredy lost to Wawrinka.
Fed is sure talking the talk, but can he walk the walk? is the big question here.

edberg505
05-11-2009, 12:04 PM

LOL, yeah then they will commence to throw a giant party. I think they'd be kinda sad because then they won't have anyone to bag on. Although then the war would start between Djokovic, Nadal, and Murray fans. That'd be interesting.

seffina
05-11-2009, 12:04 PM
LOL Thank you! Your objective unbiased analysis is always welcome but ignored!

Btw, love your sig change. Ha. That made me laugh when I first saw it.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Btw, love your sig change. Ha. That made me laugh when I first saw it.

hey seffina, completely random, but I thought you would like to know. I saw pics on rf.com of federer practicing with simon in one of the indoor courts. I figured you would like to know because you like both of them.

mandy01
05-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Exactly. Thank you for telling the truth.
you shouldn't have had a go at Federer fans in the first place.

Anyway,I see nothing wrong with what said.He was asked a question and he said what he honestly felt.Really I cant believe people expect him to be like "Oh no I didnt beat Nadal the last five times.I'm useless,I can never beat him.."
He has got to keep believing he can .He's got to hope for chances.Nobody is unbeatable here.He hasnt got a choice anyway.

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 12:08 PM
"I don't have a slight chance but Mirka and I will enjoy our stay in Paris.",he should have said:).

maximo
05-11-2009, 12:09 PM
is that doooooche in your avatar you?

Seems like you haven't got a very large vocabulary. :roll:

Nadal_Freak
05-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Or "It would be a tough match but I'll try my best. I still got to get their first though".-Best answer

aphex
05-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Seems like you haven't got a very large vocabulary. :roll:

i changed my mind about that post, but since you felt so compelled to butt in and make a fool of yourself (once again), pray explain what you mean_

mandy01
05-11-2009, 12:12 PM
hey seffina, completely random, but I thought you would like to know. I saw pics on rf.com of federer practicing with simon in one of the indoor courts. I figured you would like to know because you like both of them.
Yeah I saw them too..and the Emmi plus the ones in Switzerland,practising.Drooooooool..*sigh*. :oops: :oops:
Sorry to be OT:oops:

mandy01
05-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Or "It would be a tough match but I'll try my best. I still got to get their first though".-Best answer He said he 'hopes' to play Nadal in the finals.That dosent ring a bell it seems.He isnt saying he WILL play Nadal in the finals.Its not a pronouncement.:roll:

seffina
05-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Or "It would be a tough match but I'll try my best. I still got to get their first though".-Best answer

Get their what?

Sorry! But seriously, he's under no obligation to give the "best" answer. But then again you're under no obligation to like his answer. So carry on.

We just shouldn't be called delusional if we find hope in his answer.

---
ice, thanks! I'll check it out. That's awesome. I know there's not much crossover between Federer and Simon fans.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 12:17 PM
"I'm happy how I am playing now and it's getting better every week,"
Is this not what he said back in indian wells, miami, monte carlo and rome

And every time its the same result no matter what but this time federer has a chance he has a good draw

To be honest, his game did improve in Rome. I think he played decent matches in Rome, one even outstanding. However, until he can break the 2nd set curse against the top 3, he won't have any success.

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Fed should be saying:"Rafa is one of the best in history,he'll break Sampras record,is the favorite for the FO.As for me,well i'll try my best but it won't help".That strategy worked great for Rafa last year.

Nadal_Freak
05-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Federer does way too much talking about his chances in these tournaments. He is setting himself for another Australian Open 2009. He needs to let his tennis do the talking. He is the Serena Williams of the ATP. lol

All-rounder
05-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Yes I never get enough of these double standards

All-rounder
05-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Fed should be saying:"Rafa is one of the best in history,he'll break Sampras record,is the favorite for the FO.As for me,well i'll try my best but it won't help".That strategy worked great for Rafa last year.
If federer said that then people would call him a wuss and not a champoion then the discussion of G.O.A.T would go on forever lets just be happy that federer is confident

maximo
i changed my mind about that post, but since you felt so compelled to butt in and make a fool of yourself (once again), pray explain what you mean_

You changed your mind about that post because you knew it made you look stupid.

P_Agony
I agree. I am sick and tired of him bagging on fed fans. Btw, I see nothing delusional about what he said. No one really knows what he meant by "rattle. perhaps it means taking more than 4 games off of rafa at the french. :) I feel like fed can never win here. I don't get what he's supposed to say.

Yes. When a Federer fan even posts a regular post in another thread, he calls it trolling, but when he posts a real troll post, it's "the truth". He's not even trying to hide his hypocrisy.

vtmike
05-11-2009, 12:22 PM
If federer said that then people would call him a wuss and not a champoion then the discussion of G.O.A.T would go on forever lets just be happy that federer is confident

LOL Fed needs to talk to *******s here for appropriate interview comments...Apparently anything he says is not upto their "standards"

seffina
05-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Federer does way too much talking about his chances in these tournaments. He is setting himself for another Australian Open 2009. He needs to let his tennis do the talking. He is the Serena Williams of the ATP. lolThat's because Federer is asked to do a lot of talking at these tournaments. They don't interview everyone on a daily basis like that. A lot of people care about what he has to say... it's not like he's randomly spewing speeches. He doesn't enter the practice court and start giving a sermon on how he's working on his rattling technique. These are interviews where he's asked a lot of questions. Often more questions than they ask anyone else. I should really get going.

But the main thing is, I take the positives from this article and hope it's a really deep run here for him.

wangs78
05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Fed is just saying what we've heard before. Something politically correct that won't give the media much to blow out of proportion. The only thing that matters is how he does in matches / tournaments. That's the only thing that matters. I'm not really into dissecting what professional athletes say to the press, and am surprised that so many fans devour this stuff and analyze and scrutinize player commentary. In the end it's just talk. Talk doesn't get you the trophy.

gj011
05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Yes. When a Federer fan even posts a regular post in another thread, he calls it trolling, but when he posts a real troll post, it's "the truth". He's not even trying to hide his hypocrisy.

P_Agony is up to his lying, trolling and thread destroying tricks again.

BorisBeckerFan
05-11-2009, 12:27 PM
The only rattle Fed can create is from a baby rattle which is given to crying babies along with a pacifier. Please prove me wrong Fed and go and win something this year. We'll be approaching the halfway mark soon.

vtmike
05-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Fed is just saying what we've heard before. Something politically correct that won't give the media much to blow out of proportion. The only thing that matters is how he does in matches / tournaments. That's the only thing that matters. I'm not really into dissecting what professional athletes say to the press, and am surprised that so many fans devour this stuff and analyze and scrutinize player commentary. In the end it's just talk. Talk doesn't get you the trophy.

The bold portion is not possible...Everything Fed says will be blown out of proportion...esp. here on TW...

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 12:28 PM

Well if that strategy worked for Rafa,why wouldn't it work for Fed.He needs everything that can help:).

Gemini
05-11-2009, 12:29 PM
It's great that he's saying it. I'm not so sure I believe that he believes what he's saying. The fact that Nadal, Murray and Djokovic have managed to get into Federer's head (which then affects his strokes) shows that Federer's got to rebuild himself mentally and work on some different tactics. What the other 3 players in the top 4 have managed to convince themselves of is that they can stay with Federer through his barrage of spectacular shots. They'll hang with him until he misses. Fed knows this so he's pushing and that's leading to a lot more errors.

oneleggedcardinal
05-11-2009, 12:33 PM
I wasn't on the boards during the infamous period of time in which Federer fans were supposedly brutal to Nadal (a point which some Nadal fans and bring up in partial justification for their mistreatment of some Federer fans), but it seems to me as if some fans of Nadal, and gj011, take out all of the stupid sh•t Federer fans have said about Nadal and Djokovic on Federer. It really is amazing how the behavior of some fans has altered their perception so much that they consider some of the most innocuous things that Federer says and does (like Federer expressing confidence in this article) as heinous; consequently, since other players have expressed similar sentiments in stronger words (**cough* Djokovic *cough**), double-standards arise. In reality, you could switch out Federer's name with another player's, and change some of the things that refer to him personally in the article, and you'd have some guy responding confidently to a question. Weird, huh?

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 12:34 PM
So you see nothing wrong there? And to think I thought you were a rational Federer fan. Silly me.

I was telling the truth about you and your lies! You dare to accuse me for trolling in the same thread you called Federer a Britney Spears clone????!!!!

You are a crazy trolling liar.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 12:38 PM
P_Agony is up to his lying, trolling and thread destroying tricks again.

Who are you trying to convince?

Every sane person who reads both your posts and mine will laugh at you.

You can call me a troll, liar all you want - but people are now seeing who the real troll is. What bothers me the most isn't even your trolling and lying, it's your hypocrisy.

betovanbuuren
05-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Fereder will play tomorrow with soderling, i hope he make a good match

Antonio Puente
05-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Maybe it's just me, Fed, but generally speaking, when lose to someone for the 13th time in 19 tries... and cry like a baby afterwards, your chances of ever rattling that player again are pretty slim. :)

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Fereder will play tomorrow with soderling, i hope he make a good match

Me too. Soderling can be a tough opponent when his game is on. I want to see Roger just playing a solid game - nothing fance, but low UFEs count, decent serve %, some nice winners...not much to ask for, right?

gj011
05-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Who are you trying to convince?

Every sane person who reads both your posts and mine will laugh at you.

You can call me a troll, liar all you want - but people are now seeing who the real troll is. What bothers me the most isn't even your trolling and lying, it's your hypocrisy.

I am not trying to convince anyone. Everybody except your fellow Fed worshipers clearly knows all about your trolling and tricks already.

I am just defending myself from your lies and PERSONAL attacks and I am complaining against your constant thread polluting.

The-Champ
05-11-2009, 12:49 PM

Not as delusional as Djokovic claiming "I was in control of the match" after being severely beaten to retirement. Djokovic is probably the most delusional player to ever set foot on court.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Not as delusional as Djokovic claiming "I was in control of the match" after being severely beaten to retirement. Djokovic is probably the most delusional player to ever set foot on court.

That one statement might have been a bit delusional, but as a whole, he's not.

The-Champ
05-11-2009, 12:52 PM
From a Nadal fan...there is NOTHING wrong with what Federer said. Rafa beat Federer in those 2 finals but those were NOT easy matches. Wimbledon could've gone either way.

mandy01
05-11-2009, 12:55 PM
From a Nadal fan...there is NOTHING wrong with what Federer said. Rafa beat Federer in those 2 finals but those were NOT easy matches. Wimbledon could've gone either way.
well put .

The-Champ
05-11-2009, 12:56 PM
That one statement might have been a bit delusional, but as a whole, he's not.

One statement? Have you listened to his entire post-match interview? Not only was he delusional, he was an arrogant media-wh*re.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 12:57 PM
One statement? Have you listened to his entire post-match interview? Not only was he delusional, he was an arrogant media-*****.

oh wow, um, I see your'e not a fan. lol. I did watch the post match interview and it did make me laugh a little.

seffina
05-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Djokovic might have been when he was younger, but his conferences now are quite excellent. He has matured quite a lot.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Djokovic might have been when he was younger, but his conferences now are quite excellent. He has matured quite a lot.

I agree!

10 char

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I am not trying to convince anyone. Everybody except your fellow Fed worshipers clearly knows all about your trolling and tricks already.

I am just defending myself from your lies and PERSONAL attacks and I am complaining against your constant thread polluting.

Alright then. So everybody hates me (apparently). Should I pretend I care? Nah, I won't even give you that. You are not defending yourself at all. You are offending. It's the only thing you ever do here. Then you lie about it too.

mandy01
05-11-2009, 01:03 PM
enough with the childish trolling and personal attacks.Stop taking yourselves sooo seriously guys.Its a forum.You dont even know eachother.

gj011
05-11-2009, 01:05 PM
enough with the childish trolling and personal attacks.Stop taking yourselves sooo seriously guys.Its a forum.You dont even know eachother.

I agree completely with this, only someone needs to explain this to P_Agony who is on a personal attack mission all the time here.

fps
05-11-2009, 01:06 PM

exactly. you two are spoiling things for others here. can you not quit and start again with different names? this childish bickering is soooooooo tiring. this is a tennis forum, not a ******* contest.

mandy01
05-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I agree completely with this, only someone needs to explain this to P_Agony who is on a personal attack mission all the time here.
You can ignore it then.
I cant believe you guys,pretty much everyday,feed each other insults,like one feeds babies their breakfast.:roll:
One starts,the other retorts and there we have a flamewar again,like we needed more of those.

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Why are PMs disabled here? It 'd have been good for some people to settle their beefs via PMs.

gj011
05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
exactly. you two are spoiling things for others here. can you not quit and start again with different names? this childish bickering is soooooooo tiring. this is a tennis forum, not a ******* contest.

As I said, I am just defending myself. I should be allowed to do that when someone start telling lies and personal attacks on me.

So send your complaints to the right address, i.e. P_Agony and don't put a criminal and a victim in the same basket.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 01:17 PM
You can ignore it then.
I cant believe you guys,pretty much everyday,feed each other insults,like one feeds babies their breakfast.:roll:
One starts,the other retorts and there we have a flamewar again,like we needed more of those.

Are you kidding me? on every post I make he attacks me, no matter what I post, where, or about what. Just ask the other posters, this guy is a troll stalker.

Edit: We even had an agreement to just ignore each other. He broke that agreement after 2 minutes!

All-rounder
05-11-2009, 01:17 PM
As I said, I am just defending myself. I should be allowed to do that when someone start telling lies and personal attacks on me.

So send your complaints to the right address, i.e. P_Agony and don't put a criminal and a victim in the same basket.

See where this comment got you 2 to 3 pages of insults and just remember you started it I told you it was going to start trouble

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 01:21 PM

See where this comment got you 2 to 3 pages of insults and just remember you started it I told you it was going to start trouble

Don't forget when he called Federer a clone of Britney Spears. But that's not trolling of course, it's simply the truth.

mandy01
05-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Are you kidding me? on every post I make he attacks me, no matter what I post, where, or about what. Just ask the other posters, this guy is a troll stalker.

Edit: We even had an agreement to just ignore each other. He broke that agreement after 2 minutes!
You ignore him then!:lol:
Jesus Christ! :lol:

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 01:26 PM
You ignore him then!:lol:
Jesus Christ! :lol:

Can you really ignore someone who offends you personally and offends your favorite player?

Anyway, because you and fps asked, I will end this now. I will no longer reply to his posts (I know he won't stop though, he never does).

gj011
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM

Lying again. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Don't forget when he called Federer a clone of Britney Spears. But that's not trolling of course, it's simply the truth.

That is not a trolling nor personal attack. Just my opinion. Your post are on the other hand constant personal attacks on me and lies about me. You just contradicted your previous post. Caught in your own lie.

Why is calling Federer Michelangelo not a trolling then? I also never used a word "clone".

Please stop with the trolling and personal insults, since you are obviously upsetting numerous people here and ruining this thread for them. Like you did to many threads before.

NotSoSuper
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM
what is he suppose to say? He should at least try to appear confident while his results are getting worse... IMO

TheNatural
05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Does anyone seriously think Fed has a chance after what Nadal did to him at the AO while he was totally fatigued after his Verdasco match.

Wimbledon 06 was Feds only true win in a slam v Rafa(Rafa would've won without the busted knee in Wimbledon 07) .Nadal knows the secret so Fed will be at Nadal's Mercy for the rest of his career and would be very surprised if he ever beats Nadal in a slam ever again.

http://marketingly.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nadal-federer-final-comic.jpg

[url]http://sports.rediff.com/report/2009/may/11/federer-can-still-rattle-nadal.htm[/url

World number two Roger Federer believes his form is improving all the time and that he still has what it takes to rattle number one Rafael Nadal and steal the Spaniard's French Open crown.

The Swiss 13-times Grand Slam winner has yet to win a title this year and has lost in semi-finals twice to Novak Djokovic and twice to Andy Murray as well as falling to Nadal in the Australian Open final.

"I'm happy how I am playing now and it's getting better every week," Federer told a news conference ahead of the Madrid Open clay event.

"It's been rather a tough start to the season considering I haven't won a tournament yet but I think I am very close to turning it all around," he added.

"I have struggled a little bit against my main rivals. I was always very close to beating them. So I just hope I can turn the corner and win those matches.

"I feel the game's right there and that's why I'm aiming high this week."

Federer, 27, said it would not necessarily be a bad thing if he went into the French Open later this month, the only Grand Slam to elude him, not having played Nadal on the Spaniard's favoured clay this season.

Nadal has beaten his predecessor as number one nine times out of 10 on the surface stretching back to the semi-finals at Roland Garros in 2005, his only defeat coming in the final of the Hamburg Masters in 2007.

"I think he's playing the tennis of his life right now," said Federer.

"But still I'm a great believer I can rattle him. I was so close at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.

"Every match has to be played and I know that I have the game to beat him, even if he has beaten me on clay so many times and he knows how to beat me."

OPEN PERSON

Federer is currently without a regular coach and said he is not considering hiring one anytime soon despite his lack of success this year.

"At the moment I am very content with the situation. Things are calm in my team and I'm doing the right things and practising extremely hard to get my game back," he said.

"Of course the main goal for me is the French Open and Wimbledon, trying to regain the Wimbledon crown and trying to win the French Open for the first time.

"But I'm an open person and I'm always looking for ways to improve my game. So if that's talking to somebody else or somebody else giving me advice that's not a problem but at the moment it's not happening."

gj011
05-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Can you really ignore someone who offends you personally and offends your favorite player?

Anyway, because you and fps asked, I will end this now. I will no longer reply to his posts (I know he won't stop though, he never does).

It is good you are showing traces of decency to stop this nonsense. Thanks.

Just to say that I have never offended you personally or started personal attacks on you.
OTOH you did offend me and called me names many times and you are always the first one to start with attacks and thread polluting.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 01:41 PM
On topic now (I'm ignoring some posts above):

I think this is a nice interview by Fed. But he had nice interviews before and it didn't exactly get the job done. I'm still not convinced. And this time an early lose can cost him his ranking, right?

gj011
05-11-2009, 01:44 PM

I think this is a nice interview by Fed. But he had nice interviews before and it didn't exactly get the job done. I'm still not convinced. And this time an early lose can cost him his ranking, right?

You see what is he doing now. He misquoted my statement and put it in his signature. And he is pretending to ignore me.

The biggest troll and sleaziest person in the history of TW forums. He is definitely the WPOAT here.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 01:45 PM

I think someone mentioned before that murray would have to win the tournament for him to surpass fed. Doesn't matter what round fed loses in. I'm not sure about nole though and if he wins, what happens.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I think someone mentioned before that murray would have to win the tournament for him to surpass fed. Doesn't matter what round fed loses in. I'm not sure about nole though and if he wins, what happens.

To be perfectly honest, both Novak and Murray are more deserving of the #2 ranking than Federer at the moment. As much as it hurts to admit that, it is the truth.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 01:49 PM
To be perfectly honest, both Novak and Murray are more deserving of the #2 ranking than Federer at the moment. As much as it hurts to admit that, it is the truth.

can't disagree with you there. Anyways, I just hope for a good showing here from roger. He has a relatively easy draw, so I'm hoping he makes it to the final.

gj011
05-11-2009, 01:49 PM

Djokovic can't catch Federer before RG and Murray can only if he wins and Federer loses before SF, I think.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Djokovic can't catch Federer before RG and Murray can only if he wins and Federer loses before SF, I think.

Someone said that if nole wins the tournament, he gets back no 3, but I'm not sure about that. But if that were to happen, what would murray and fed's rankings be? I'm assuming, same thing, fed at no.2 and murray at no.4, or something different?

gj011
05-11-2009, 01:51 PM

Stop using something I didn't say in you signature. Liar.

Although it is a pretty good statement, but you should not lie and put false quotes in your signature and you should ask for a permission before doing something like this.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 01:53 PM
can't disagree with you there. Anyways, I just hope for a good showing here from roger. He has a relatively easy draw, so I'm hoping he makes it to the final.

What's killing me is that he played really well in Rome. Good performences, not many errors, decent amount of winners, serve wasn't bad, movement looked like it's coming back, backhand was the best in a while, forehand wasn't bad. He really looked like he was gaining momentum, and then he plays a top 3 player and in the 2nd set his focus suddenly disappears. If he can't fix that it'll not only cost him his ranking, but it'll also spread and other players will begin to beat him like that too.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Stop using something I didn't say in you signature. Liar.

Although it is a pretty good statement, but you should not lie and put false quotes in your signature and you should ask for a permission before doing something like this.

You posted it and then edited it back, and you dare call me a liar...unbeleivable.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 01:55 PM
What's killing me is that he played really well in Rome. Good performences, not many errors, decent amount of winners, serve wasn't bad, movement looked like it's coming back, backhand was the best in a while, forehand wasn't bad. He really looked like he was gaining momentum, and then he plays a top 3 player and in the 2nd set his focus suddenly disappears. If he can't fix that it'll not only cost him his ranking, but it'll also spread and other players will begin to beat him like that too.

I agree. I call it secondsetitis. His serve was another thing that was letting him down. I said that 37% serves in might work for a lower ranked player, but it will not cut it if he is facing someone in the top 4.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 01:56 PM
You posted it and then edited it back, and you dare call me a liar...unbeleivable.

please ignore him. Although I have to disagree on the sleaziest person. I think that was uncalled for, but whatever.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Why is calling Federer Michelangelo not a trolling then? I also never used a word "clone".

Ha ha, you forgot to delete this part however...

caught in a lie again.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 01:58 PM
please ignore him. Although I have to disagree on the sleaziest person. I think that was uncalled for, but whatever.

Where did I ever call him the sleaziest person?

You see what is he doing now. He misquoted my statement and put it in his signature. And he is pretending to ignore me.

The biggest troll and sleaziest person in the history of TW forums. He is definitely the WPOAT here.

I think you got us mixed up.

gj011
05-11-2009, 01:59 PM

Why do you lie?
I edited my post last time at :32 and you posted your first post with new signature at :41 minutes after the hour. There is a 9 minutes difference. So you clearly set your signature long AFTER I edited my post.

Please remove your lies from your signature.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Where did I ever call him the sleaziest person?

No, I meant I disagreed with him calling you a sleazy person.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:03 PM

Oh, sorry. And trust me, he DID write what is written on my signature. As soon as he saw it there he went and edited the whole post. However his editing skills aren't so great, because he forgot to delete one part.

He is now a proven liar, and I'm done with this thread now. I know exactly who he is now.

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:03 PM
double post

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:04 PM

You don't see what he is doing? And that he is a sleazy liar?

Not nice from you.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:07 PM
You don't see what he is doing? And that he is a sleazy liar?

Not nice from you.

Thankfully more people saw that you wrote it. I can't believe you're lying in the face of everyone here and you do it with no shame.

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh, sorry. And trust me, he DID write what is written on my signature. As soon as he saw it there he went and edited the whole post. However his editing skills aren't so great, because he forgot to delete one part.

He is now a proven liar, and I'm done with this thread now. I know exactly who he is now.

As I said, you are now a proven liar. My last edit on that post was at :32 and your first post with new signature was at :41 minutes after the hour. 9 minutes difference. So I could not edit my post after I saw your signature. Anyone can check timestamps, so you won't get away with your lies this time.

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Ha ha, you forgot to delete this part however...

caught in a lie again.

Bolded part talks about your post and your lies that I said Federer is a clone, not what I have written. What are you trying to pull now. You are getting desperate. Please stop with trolling and lies, stop ruining this board with your nonsense and be reasonable for a change.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:12 PM
As I said, you are now a proven liar. My last edit on that post was at :32 and your first post with new signature was at :41 minutes after the hour. 9 minutes difference. So I could not edit my post after I saw your signature. Anyone can check timestamps, so you won't get away with your lies this time.

Wrong again. I may have written a new post at :41 minutes, but the signature does not update when write a new post, but rather when you simply refresh the page after updating the signature, so your claim is a pathetic way to try and "prove" you're not guilty. But the fact remains - you have posted this piece of crap, and that will never change.

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Wrong again. I may have written a new post at :41 minutes, but the signature does not update when write a new post, but rather when you simply refresh the page after updating the signature, so your claim is a pathetic way to try and "prove" you're not guilty. But the fact remains - you have posted this piece of crap, and that will never change.

You are a proven liar now. There is no getting away this time. Timestamps don't lie.

And the statement "To me bigger trolling is calling Federer Michelangelo than Britney Spears" is just fine. Complete truth. I have no problem saying it. However, it is just that you can't misquote me and abuse what I said in your signature. Decent people do not do that. Just sleazy trolls and liars like you.

Even if this is true quote, which it isn't, any decent person would ask for a permission first. And you don't have it.

So I am asking you nicely again to remove your lies about me from your signature. If you don't you would confirm again that you are a sleazy liar, troll, jerk, plagiator and simply bad and miserable person who is on the mission to constantly pollute and ruin this board for normal people.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:21 PM
You are a proven liar now. There is no getting away this time.

And the statement "To me bigger trolling is calling Federer Michelangelo than Britney Spears" is just fine. Complete truth.

It is just that you can't misquote me and abuse what I said in your signature. Decent people does not do that. Just sleazy trolls and liars like you.

Statement is not fine, but you just posted it again. You are now trying to slowly justify what you posted not too long ago, and you're taking it step by step. You are a coward who cannot tell the truth.

You are also saying you have never personally attacked me. Anothe lie.

How many times now you've called me a sleazy troll? Stopped counting.

But please continue to post. I'm actaully having a good laugh at how you're trying to find a way out of the mess you created.

Nadal_Freak
05-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Statement is not fine, but you just posted it again. You are now trying to slowly justify what you posted not too long ago, and you're taking it step by step. You are a coward who cannot tell the truth.

But please continue to post. I'm actaully having a good laugh at how you're trying to find a way out of the mess you created.
Just remove the sig. It's no big deal.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Just remove the sig. It's no big deal.

Why should I remove something he posted?

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:28 PM

No I am just SUCCESSFULLY proving that you are a liar and a jerk whose only purpose here is to troll and polute. And you are indeed a sleaziest troll here.
I am not justifying anything. There is no need to justify anything to a jerk and troll like you.
I am also denying you permission to use my name and lies about me in your signature.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:30 PM
No I am just SUCCESSFULLY proving that you are a liar and a jerk whose only purpose here is to troll and polute. And you are indeed a sleaziest troll here.
I am not justifying anything. There is no need to justify anything to a jerk and troll like you.
I am also denying you permission to use my name and lies about me in your signature.

Trying to convince yourself much?

The only I'm removing this thread is because NF asked nicely.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Why should I remove something he posted?
Because it upsets the person you're quoting and that person contests the accuracy of the quote. IMO a sig shouldn't be used against the author's will. It just seems wrong.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Because it upsets the person you're quoting and that person contests the accuracy of the quote. IMO a sig shouldn't be used against the author's will. It just seems wrong.

I removed it becuase NF asked nicely and I respect that.

He did, however, post the thing, whether you like it or not. Many people saw it, plus he was caught in a lie afterwards.

"To me bigger trolling is calling Federer Michelangelo than Britney Spears" - this sentence had no one latter added or removed from it. It is a direct Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V from the original post.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 02:34 PM

I actually agree, although he did infact, one point, say that. Although, I suppose I'm just another delusional fed fan. Nice to see you around veroniquem. Btw, I have to ask, what part of new york do you live in? Just curious because I live because I stay in ny as well for school.

colonelforbin
05-11-2009, 02:35 PM

This is funny because you accused the "Federer: Winner of Roland Garros 2009" thread of being a trolling thread because it made assumptions about TTW posters (that many posters would like to see Fed win RG, which is accurate given that a lot of fans here are Fed fans), yet here you make your own assumptions (and much more derogatory I must say) about TTW posters. So by your own standards, wasn't your first comment in this thread a trolling one?

oneleggedcardinal
05-11-2009, 02:37 PM

It's the internet, if he has a problem with it he can...do nothing.

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:38 PM
I removed it becuase NF asked nicely and I respect that.

He did, however, post the thing, whether you like it or not. Many people saw it, plus he was caught in a lie afterwards.

"To me bigger trolling is calling Federer Michelangelo than Britney Spears" - this sentence had no one latter added or removed from it. It is a direct Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V from the original post.

The only one caught in a lie is you. Again, 9 minutes difference. Timestamps don't lie. My comment posted :28, my post last edited :32 (only 4 minutes - I was still adding to my post), your first post with new signature :41.

As I said I do not have a problem with the content of the sentence, just the way it was abused, misused and lied about by you.

oneleggedcardinal
05-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I think the false air of civility in the General Pro Player section should probably be abandoned. It's not as if anything thoughtful would be posted here otherwise. In my opinion, most of this stuff is entertaining.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:42 PM
The only one caught in a lie is you. Again, 9 minutes difference. Timestamps don't lie.

As I said I do not have a problem with the content of the sentence, just the way it was abused, misused and lied about by you.

No, like I said signatures update immidiately, even if you don't post anything, so I could have posted the post a week from now and I'd still be right. You were trying to clean up the mess you've created, you panicked, started to curse and insult, and then slowly began to realize you won't get away with it. Then you started to justify the sentence.

You said it, people read it, and you claiming you didn't just makes you look like a joke.

tangerine
05-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Federer talks the talk but doesn't walk it much.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:43 PM
This is funny because you accused the "Federer: Winner of Roland Garros 2009" thread of being a trolling thread because it made assumptions about TTW posters (that many posters would like to see Fed win RG, which is accurate given that a lot of fans here are Fed fans), yet here you make your own assumptions (and much more derogatory I must say) about TTW posters. So by your own standards, wasn't your first comment in this thread a trolling one?

You have a great point, but you're a bit late to the party. Check back some pages and you'll see just how much crap this guy posts.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Federer always comes up with the macho talk but once he's on court we get the mousy attitude. I see this is not about to change. We have the usual "I can beat him" pre RG interview followed by the inevitable on court meltdown if he even makes the final (not a given this year judging by his 2 performances on clay so far). One thing that is clear to me now is that whatever talent Federer posesses, the ability to change and adapt is not one of them.
So Roger, sure you're gonna rattle Nadal at RG, we believe you, we're all holding our breath :roll:

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:45 PM

Not related at all. Apples and oranges.
I did not accuse all or many TTW posters of anything, just made a comment about a selected few, while mentioned thread said clearly "we all", not "federer fans" or "many", but "ALL".

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Federer always comes up with the macho talk but once he's on court we get the mousy attitude. I see this is not about to change. We have the usual "I can beat him" pre RG interview followed by the inevitable on court meltdown if he even makes the final (not a given this year judging by his 2 performances on clay so far). One thing that is clear to me now is that whatever talent Federer posesses, the ability to change and adapt is not one of them.
So Roger, sure you're gonna rattle Nadal at RG, we believe you, we're all holding our breath :roll:

I'm with you on that. Federer needs to have some results before even talking about beating Nadal at RG. Even in 2008 he had better results than now. It's good that he's showing confidence. But until he shows that confidence on court I just don't believe him.

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:46 PM
You have a great point, but you're a bit late to the party. Check back some pages and you'll see just how much crap this guy posts.

Again this troll continues with trolling, personal attacks and lies about me, even though he promised to certain posters that he would stop. Just shows how little integrity he has.

JohnnySpot
05-11-2009, 02:47 PM
This Fed chap sure keeps a positive outlook.

The rest of you are just boons.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:49 PM
you are a sleazy liar, troll, jerk, plagiator and simply bad and miserable person who is on the mission to constantly pollute and ruin this board for normal people.

You never insulted me of course. Ever.

JohnnySpot
05-11-2009, 02:50 PM
gj011 needs to be poot on teh bum. Boon head :D

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:50 PM
No, like I said signatures update immidiately, even if you don't post anything, so I could have posted the post a week from now and I'd still be right. You were trying to clean up the mess you've created, you panicked, started to curse and insult, and then slowly began to realize you won't get away with it. Then you started to justify the sentence.

You said it, people read it, and you claiming you didn't just makes you look like a joke.

You are lying again. As I said, no matter how many times you repeat the lie, timestamps don't lie and it was clearly proven that you lied. So stop with pathetic ridiculous assumptions and truth twisting. No use. Just makes you look even more silly.

JohnnySpot
05-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Chillax boon head :D

gj011
05-11-2009, 02:52 PM
You never insulted me of course. Ever.

As I said already, just being honest and telling the truth. You deserved each and every word after all bad things, abuse, lies, insults, attacks, ...
that you tried to do here.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 02:52 PM
It's the internet, if he has a problem with it he can...do nothing.
I'm talking about courtesy to a fellow poster, not about taking legal action :rolleyes: One has a right to be rude, it doesn't make it right to do so. (anyway P Agony did the right (and nice) thing and removed the sig)

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm talking about courtesy to a fellow poster, not about taking legal action :rolleyes: One has a right to be rude, it doesn't make it right to do so.

Come on veroniquem - this is being rude? Have you seen his posts? That's more than rude. I've never called him any of the names I got from him. A signature with a true statement is hardly rude comapred to that.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:55 PM
As I said already, just being honest and telling the truth. You deserved each and every word after all bad things, abuse, lies, insults, attacks, ...
that you tried to do here.

You just don't quit do you. Maybe I should have never taken that signature off in the first place...

All-rounder
05-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm still shaking my head on how long this argument will last its just the same points being made over and over again this has gone on since the first page

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 02:56 PM
This Fed chap sure keeps a positive outlook.

The rest of you are just boons.
Interview bragging is not that positive. It's on court he needs the positive outlook and unfortunately for him, it's on court that we don't see it.

JohnnySpot
05-11-2009, 02:56 PM
gj011 sounds like a hurt 12 year old gf. liez, cheetz, and boofs, all teh time! :D

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm still shaking my head on how long this argument will last its just the same points being made over and over again this has gone on since the first page

I agree, but everytime I want to leave this place he posts a comment stupid enough that I just have to respond to.

All-rounder
gj011 sounds like a hurt 12 year old gf. liez, cheetz, and boofs, all teh time! :D
Please don't join in on this it makes you just as bad

veroniquem
Come on veroniquem - this is being rude? Have you seen his posts? That's more than rude. I've never called him any of the names I got from him. A signature with a true statement is hardly rude comapred to that.
I added that you did the right thing afterwards. I know you removed the signature and I think that's a nice thing to do. I was talking in general, not about you in this case.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
I added that you did the right thing afterwards. I know you removed the signature and I think that's a nice thing to do. I was talking in general, not about you in this case.

Oh, sorry I didn't see it.

Well, I guess that's enough for today. Need to save energy so we get to fight another day (I'm kidding of course).

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Interview bragging is not that positive. It's on court he needs the positive outlook and unfortunately for him, it's on court that we don't see it.

bragging? I don't think he was bragging and plus he really has no reason to brag. He just said he thinks he can rattle nadal and that their last few matches have been close, which is true. I don't really see that has bragging, He just has a postive attitude.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 03:02 PM
bragging? I don't think he was bragging and plus he really has no reason to brag. He just said he thinks he can rattle nadal and that their last few matches have been close, which is true. I don't really see that has bragging, He just has a postive attitude.

This is clay though, not hard courts or grass. Remember last year's final?

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 03:04 PM

What else is he supposed to say? Fed should gets some credit that he still believes in himself after the all the losses he suffered.Me think he really meant what he said,otherwise it wouldn't make no sense.Now must prove that he can walk the walk.I want a competitive RG,not last year's ***** whopping,beatdown.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 03:06 PM
This is clay though, not hard courts or grass. Remember last year's final?

I try to forget, which is why I said before that "rattle" means winning more than 4 games off of rafa if he makes the FO final this year. :) Let's hope he "rattles" rafa at the FO.

gj011
05-11-2009, 03:08 PM

He should not have put signature at the first place. And he did it right after he said he is not going to troll and fight with me any more. What kind of person do such things? He removed the signature only because he realized he was caught in a lie and was cautioned by several different people. Nothing nice about it.

Dutch-Guy
05-11-2009, 03:09 PM
It's 1:14 am over here and i'm going to sleep.I hope this good thread doesn't get locked.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 03:11 PM
I try to forget, which is why I said before that "rattle" means winning more than 4 games off of rafa if he makes the FO final this year. :) Let's hope he "rattles" rafa at the FO.

Assuming they even meet, I do think Federer will be able to win more than 4 games. It'll still be over in straights though.

gj011
05-11-2009, 03:12 PM

It was rude and uncalled for. Your posts are the rudest and farthest from the truth from any I saw here. Also you always attack me and insult me first because you disagree with my opinion on the subject. That is what happened today on two threads without me talking to you for days. That is a definition of trolling and you should stop with it.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Alright, I have tried to avoid this, but you leave me no choice...

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 03:14 PM
No no no he didn't just say that their last matches were close. He says he can rattle Nadal AT RG. For God's sake, the last match they played on clay, Fed got 4 games!! Since then, Nadal has become # 1, has beaten Fed in 2 slam finals and Fed has failed to beat either of the other top 3 for more than 6 months. In that particular context saying "I can rattle Nadal" is pure bragging and the problem is NOT the bragging itself, the problem is that on the court he folds. It's embarrassing to talk big when on court, you can't live up to the talk and fold.

P_Agony
05-11-2009, 03:17 PM
No no no he didn't just say that their last matches were close. He says he can rattle Nadal AT RG. For God's sake, the last match they played on clay, Fed got 4 games!! Since then, Nadal has become # 1, has beaten Fed in 2 slam finals and Fed has failed to beat either of the other top 3 for more than 6 months. In that particular context saying "I can rattle Nadal" is pure bragging and the problem is NOT the bragging itself, the problem is that on the court he folds. It's embarrassing to talk big when on court, you can't live up to the talk and fold.

Maybe that's his way to build confidence. But I still don't believe he can even reach the final of the FO, let alone rattle Nadal. Federer is living in his own reality currently.

TheNatural
05-11-2009, 03:19 PM
why would he think he can rattle Nadal, what's different on clay this year compared to last year.

I hope he's not basing his high hopes on the AO match on hard courts where a totally exhausted Nadal still beat him.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
What else is he supposed to say? Fed should gets some credit that he still believes in himself after the all the losses he suffered.Me think he really meant what he said,otherwise it wouldn't make no sense.Now must prove that he can walk the walk.I want a competitive RG,not last year's ***** whopping,beatdown.
That's exactly what he can't prove. He should say "it's gonna be almost impossible but I will give it my best". Every year before RG, he said he could beat Rafa, at this point, it's starting to sound foolish. Just don't say anything and whack him off the court with your racquet. That would be amazing, vague threats with no follow up to them are annoying.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Maybe that's his way to build confidence. But I still don't believe he can even reach the final of the FO, let alone rattle Nadal. Federer is living in his own reality currently.
We agree. He's in an ivory tower. I don't know if it hurts his chances but it certainly doesn't help them.

Swissv2
05-11-2009, 03:24 PM
If Federer feels confident, then we will see what happens. Although I don't see Nadal losing anytime soon on clay unless by some unexpected miracle. (the key to this is "unexpected miracle")

Don't bash Federer just because he has a bit of confidence.

vtmike
05-11-2009, 03:28 PM
It's embarrassing to talk big when on court, you can't live up to the talk and fold.

You think hes talking big by saying I hope to rattle Rafa at the FO?? :shock:

Like I said before,

Anything short of that implies Fed is an arrogant as*ho*e!

edberg505
05-11-2009, 03:30 PM
That's exactly what he can't prove. He should say "it's gonna be almost impossible but I will give it my best". Every year before RG, he said he could beat Rafa, at this point, it's starting to sound foolish. Just don't say anything and whack him off the court with your racquet. That would be amazing, vague threats with no follow up to them are annoying.

LOL, has Federer ever said anything that to you wasn't considered bragging? I mean every time the man comes out with an interview you are all over him like a cheap suit. I think that if Federer were to come out and say Nadal is the greatest tennis player to pick up a racquet, you would say something like, "Why did he say that? Couldn't he say Nadal is immortal? Because everyone knows that's the truth."

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 03:34 PM
You think hes talking big by saying I hope to rattle Rafa at the FO?? :shock:

Like I said before,

Anything short of that implies Fed is an arrogant as*ho*e!
Yes I think he's talking big. He hasn't played a final on clay this year yet, he has lost to Wawrinka and Djoko ( a match in which he squandered a lead in 2 sets in the most puzzling fashion). For him to say he's gonna rattle Nadal is talking way big compared to what he's shown on court so far.

vtmike
05-11-2009, 03:36 PM
OMG You are unbelievable!!! ^^^

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
LOL, has Federer ever said anything that to you wasn't considered bragging? I mean every time the man comes out with an interview you are all over him like a cheap suit. I think that if Federer were to come out and say Nadal is the greatest tennis player to pick up a racquet, you would say something like, "Why did he say that? Couldn't he say Nadal is immortal? Because everyone knows that's the truth."
It's not my fault if Fed says silly things in his interviews like when he said it was a disadvantage to meet Rafa on clay before RG the previous years and that it will benefit him not to this year. Of course I'm making fun of him, what can you expect when someone comes up with such nonsense?

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 03:39 PM
OMG You are unbelievable!!! ^^^
I think Fed is unbelievable actually but you know to each their own...

edberg505
05-11-2009, 03:39 PM
It's not my fault if Fed says silly things in his interviews like when he said it was a disadvantage to meet Rafa on clay before RG the previous years and that it will benefit him not to this year. Of course I'm making fun of him, what can you expect when someone comes up with such nonsense?

So, let me ask you this. Do you think that he won't make the FO final this year?

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 03:41 PM

technically he didn't say that. I believe he just said that in the past he has met roger in the finals before the FO and that really didn't help him. Doesn't mean that meant it was advantage to not meet rafa until the FO. Nice of you draw conclusions just to bash roger.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
So, let me ask you this. Do you think that he won't make the FO final this year?
He has one last chance to regain confidence and it's Madrid. If he beats one ot the top 3 there or, even better ,wins the Madrid tournament, I think he'll have a decent chance to make the final at RG. If he gets beaten by Murray (or someone else) and doesn't reach the Madrid final, I would say his chances of making the RG final this year are slim. I do not believe he will have the necessary confidence and match practise to achieve it.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 03:49 PM
He has one last chance to regain confidence and it's Madrid. If he beats one ot the top 3 there or, even better ,wins the Madrid tournament, I think he'll have a decent chance to make the final at RG. If he gets beaten by Murray (or someone else) and doesn't reach the Madrid final, I would say his chances of making the RG final this year are slim. I do not believe he will have the necessary confidence and match practise to achieve it.

I agree with you although I'm not sure of madrid is the right assesment for the FO because the surfaces are quite different in the way the play. Although a win here will give him confidence and federer does on the whole, perform better at slams.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
technically he didn't say that. I believe he just said that in the past he has met roger in the finals before the FO and that really didn't help him. Doesn't mean that meant it was advantage to not meet rafa until the FO. Nice of you draw conclusions just to bash roger.
Sorry but he did say that. He even said that this year it would benefit him because "he always knew what to expect against Nadal but Nadal wouldn't quite know what to expect from him", at which point I almost choked with laughter. I know it's hard to believe anybody would say this stuff...

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Sorry but he did say that. He even said that this year it would benefit him because "he always knew what to expect against Nadal but Nadal wouldn't quite know what to expect from him", at which point I almost choked with laughter. I know it's hard to believe anybody would say this stuff...

glad he's making you laugh one way or another. I always read all of his interviews, and I don't think he said "benefit". Btw you got the quote wrong. He said nadal always knew what to expect from him and he didn't know what he to expect for nadal.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 03:55 PM
I agree with you although I'm not sure of madrid is the right assesment for the FO because the surfaces are quite different in the way the play. Although a win here will give him confidence and federer does on the whole, perform better at slams.
Yes, I agree the surface is very different but what Fed needs now is confidence. If he had done well at the other clay events (made one final at least), I wouldn't find Madrid very relevant (I don't think Madrid is that relevant for Djoko and Nadal for instance) but given his particular circumstances, I would say Fed needs a big win before RG.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 03:56 PM
glad he's making you laugh one way or another. I always read all of his interviews, and I don't think he said "benefit". Btw you got the quote wrong. He said nadal always knew what to expect from him and he didn't know what he to expect for nadal.
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Do you have a link to that interview handy?

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes, I agree the surface is very different but what Fed need now is confidence. If he had done well at the other clay events (made one final at least), I wouldn't find Madrid very relevant (I don't think madrid is that relevant for Djoko and Nadal for instance) but given his particular circumstances, I would say Fed needs a big win before RG.

I agree and looking at his draw, I think he has good chances to get to the final. I would still favor him over murray on this surface. I'm not sure if he faces nadal he can win though, but maybe this will be like hamburg 2007.

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Do you have a link to that interview handy?

i don't have the exact link, but here is what he said:

Q. Would you actually like to play Nadal on clay before you get to Paris? I know you can't do it here. It can only happen once more, and that's in Madrid. Would prefer to go in to Paris having tested yourself against him on clay, or does it not matter?

ROGER FEDERER: Doesn't really matter to me. I mean, I think the last few years it's helped Rafa playing me before Paris. Just that he knew maybe a bit more what to expect from me, whereas you know exactly what you're going to get with Rafa. So I think it maybe worked more in in his favor the last few years.
We'll see how Madrid turns out. If we have to play each other, I still think it's a great match and I would look forward to that. But the focus is elsewhere right now.

So he didn't say it would be a clear advantage. He said it doesn't really matter, but playing him before the FO hasn't really helped him.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 04:18 PM
i don't have the exact link, but here is what he said:

Q. Would you actually like to play Nadal on clay before you get to Paris? I know you can't do it here. It can only happen once more, and that's in Madrid. Would prefer to go in to Paris having tested yourself against him on clay, or does it not matter?

ROGER FEDERER: Doesn't really matter to me. I mean, I think the last few years it's helped Rafa playing me before Paris. Just that he knew maybe a bit more what to expect from me, whereas you know exactly what you're going to get with Rafa. So I think it maybe worked more in in his favor the last few years.
We'll see how Madrid turns out. If we have to play each other, I still think it's a great match and I would look forward to that. But the focus is elsewhere right now.

So he didn't say it would be a clear advantage. He said it doesn't really matter, but playing him before the FO hasn't really helped him.
Yes so he implies that this year, by contrast, Rafa won't know what to expect from him (because they didn't meet before RG unlike the other years) whereas Fed "knows exactly what he's gonna get with Rafa" and he's actually saying that the other years Rafa had an advantage from "studying" Fed's game beforehand. Sorry that I'm probably gonna hurt your feelings but when I read a statement like that , my first thought is "he's full of it!"

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Yes so he implies that this year, by contrast, Rafa won't know what to expect from him (because they didn't meet before RG unlike the other years) whereas Fed "knows exactly what he's gonna get with Rafa" and he's actually saying that the other years Rafa had an advantage from "studying" Fed's game beforehand. Sorry that I'm probably gonna hurt your feelings but when I read a statement like that , my first thought is "he's full of it!"

Nah you're not hurting my feelings. Not like your saying I'm full of it. I guess we're just interpreting it differently. Actually I just read through it and it just confuses me because he said that rafa maybe knew what to expect from him, but he also said that you always knew what to expect from rafa, so he was saying that they both knew what to expect from each other. Guess we were both wrong. lol. I don't know, he's a bit of a confusing character, but I still love him.

veroniquem
05-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Nah you're not hurting my feelings. Not like your saying I'm full of it. I guess we're just interpreting it differently. Actually I just read through it and it just confuses me because he said that rafa maybe knew what to expect from him, but he also said that you always knew what to expect from rafa, so he was saying that they both knew what to expect from each other. Guess we were both wrong. lol. I don't know, he's a bit of a confusing character, but I still love him.
He's saying Rafa knew what to expect from him before but not this year. I agree it's very confusing! Thanks for not getting upset.

Serendipitous
05-11-2009, 05:34 PM
French Open 2008 final highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKjQ2OBHhH0&feature=related

All I can say is, Federer needs to hit much better approach shots or not come to the net at all.

Nadal hits unbelievable passing shots.

It seems like Federer gets passed almost every time he approaches the net (in that match).

Morrissey
05-11-2009, 05:42 PM
At this moment I think the only ones that can rattle Nadal are Murray and Joker. And on clay no one can rattle Nadal. Fed is obviously trying to hide his true feelings and the state of his confidence to the locker room and the public in general. The way he plays on court will tell you everything you need to know about his confidence and current form.

I would have figured that by now Fed would have realized that these "mind games" don't work on Nadal off the court. If he plays great tennis again maybe he can, but Fed can't pretend that he hasn't declined and won't be able to rattle Nadal at will anymore. He needs to worry about rattling Murray and Joker as well. He can still rattle Roddick if it helps. :-)

jackson vile
05-11-2009, 05:44 PM

Remember Hewitt saying the same thing about Roger????

theagassiman
05-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Poor Federer. In denial.

What do you expect him to say?!

"I am a loser and I'll just retire cos I'll never win a tournament again."
Lol.

rubberduckies
05-11-2009, 05:48 PM
At least Federer now understands that he cannot 'beat' Rafa and is resigned to merely hoping for the chance to 'rattle' him.

That's the sign of a realistic man who understands the limits of his abilities and the unlimited nature of his opponent's.

As a Fedfan, I'm happy as long as Roger is happy. Why bother chasing something you can never catch? It's good that he's content to assume his rightful place as Nadal's Robin/Batgirl/Alfred.

Morrissey
05-11-2009, 05:58 PM
Maybe it's just me, Fed, but generally speaking, when lose to someone for the 13th time in 19 tries... and cry like a baby afterwards, your chances of ever rattling that player again are pretty slim. :)

Well that's true. But I suppose slim is better than none.

Morrissey
05-11-2009, 06:02 PM
What do you expect him to say?!

"I am a loser and I'll just retire cos I'll never win a tournament again."
Lol.

It doesn't have to be so black and white. He can say something more sensible like "I'm obviously not the favorite on clay, but I will do my best to win." I guess that's too much ask of him huh? I guess "doing his best" must mean in his mind "I'm too talented and great to try my best." There is a middle ground between "I'm the best and supposed to win" and "I suck and I should retire."

We'll see how he'll rattle Nadal with those 15-20 unforced errors off the backhand side.

oneleggedcardinal
05-11-2009, 06:03 PM
At least Federer now understands that he cannot 'beat' Rafa and is resigned to merely hoping for the chance to 'rattle' him.

That's the sign of a realistic man who understands the limits of his abilities and the unlimited nature of his opponent's.

As a Fedfan, I'm happy as long as Roger is happy. Why bother chasing something you can never catch? It's good that he's content to assume his rightful place as Nadal's Robin/Batgirl/Alfred.

I really hope you're extending the parody to yourself...otherwise, I would look to internet porn and not to 22 year old Spanish tennis players to cool the burning in your loins.

vtmike
05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
I really hope you're extending the parody to yourself...otherwise, I would look to internet porn and not to 22 year old Spanish tennis players to cool the burning in your loins.

Whats even more tragic is the fact that Rubberdickies is a guy! LOL

Sorry Rubberduckies*

Tennis_Monk
05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Lets us not forget this. No one can win 100% of their matches. Just because someone lost a match here or there doesnt mean much. So Federer may eventually end up beating Rafael in an odd match. That doesnt make him all of a sudden smarter about beating Rafael.

Eg: Andy roddick beat federer last year after trying for few years. That didnt really mean much because Fed beat him again later on.

WHSTENNIS
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM

Going to 5 sets is pretty close to beating someone last time i checked.

Morrissey
05-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Lets us not forget this. No one can win 100% of their matches. Just because someone lost a match here or there doesnt mean much. So Federer may eventually end up beating Rafael in an odd match. That doesnt make him all of a sudden smarter about beating Rafael.

Eg: Andy roddick beat federer last year after trying for few years. That didnt really mean much because Fed beat him again later on.

Nice points, but Federer won't let Roddick beat him in a Grand Slam, that's for sure. Roddick can rattle Fed in smaller events outside of Grand Slams.

Morrissey
05-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Going to 5 sets is pretty close to beating someone last time i checked.

I think what he was trying to say was that given the way Fed sort of just "went away" in that 5th set it felt like a more convincing win than your typical 5 set marathon or "epic match". The final 25-30 minutes of that match wasn't really close anymore. Fed mentally couldn't hang in there anymore. He's not one to win matches in grueling fashion and that is where Nadal has a clear edge when the matches get extended and more tougher on the mind and body.

Serendipitous
05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
I think what he was trying to say was that given the way Fed sort of just "went away" in that 5th set it felt like a more convincing win than your typical 5 set marathon or "epic match". The final 25-30 minutes of that match wasn't really close anymore. Fed mentally couldn't hang in there anymore. He's not one to win matches in grueling fashion and that is where Nadal has a clear edge when the matches get extended and more tougher on the mind and body.

That is exactly what I meant. Thank you, Morrissey.

BounceHitBounceHit
05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
I think it is going to be LOTS of fun around here when Fed starts playing his best again. ;)

Antonio Puente
05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Well that's true. But I suppose slim is better than none.

So, you're telling me there's a chance?

http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:5ylkoyNMPUqcjM:4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZI9ZC-

West Coast Ace
05-11-2009, 06:23 PM
I am just honest and telling the truth.Sure. But don't forget the huge heaping of bitterness. You have to come to a US site to talk about tennis - because there is no one in your part of the world to talk tennis with. And you man's lack of maturity and lack of sportsmanship get called out here.

...Agassi won the french open....I will bet my paycheck that Fed would send a private jet to pick up a player like Medvedev to play in the RG final the last 3 years. Beating Rafa is a tiny bit more difficult.

i think many people agree with me-how can i get this through to you?
you are the worst poster on this forum. no. really. you are.
just stfu will ya.Ignore him. He will eventually quit and go start a Serb Talk Tennis where he and the 15 other Joker fans with 56k modems can rave about their man!

West Coast Ace
05-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Oh, and Fed could most certainly rattle Rafa next time they play. If he serves huge and attacks, not sitting back and trading groundies - and his FH is on. Do I see it happening at RG? Extremely, very unlikely. At Wimby, yes, definitely. I don't expect Fed to get lulled into a baseline duel on the grass. And I expect him to reclaim the title and tie Sampras.

Morrissey
05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh, and Fed could most certainly rattle Rafa next time they play. If he serves huge and attacks, not sitting back and trading groundies - and his FH is on. Do I see it happening at RG? Extremely, very unlikely. At Wimby, yes, definitely. I don't expect Fed to get lulled into a baseline duel on the grass. And I expect him to reclaim the title and tie Sampras.

Maybe if he brings out a different stick in his bag just when the match starts? A 95 sq in Wilson K Rattle perhaps? Hint hint? :-D

vtmike
05-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Maybe if he brings out a different stick in his bag just when the match starts? A 95 sq in Wilson K Rattle perhaps? Hint hint? :-D

Why is every keyboard expert's only solution is a bigger racquet?? I mean you should be a coach...Everytime things go wrong..."Hey you should switch to a bigger racquet"...By the end of it, your player will be using a 200 sq. in racquet! LOL

icedevil0289
05-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Sure. But don't forget the huge heaping of bitterness. You have to come to a US site to talk about tennis - because there is no one in your part of the world to talk tennis with. And you man's lack of maturity and lack of sportsmanship get called out here.

I will bet my paycheck that Fed would send a private jet to pick up a player like Medvedev to play in the RG final the last 3 years. Beating Rafa is a tiny bit more difficult.

Ignore him. He will eventually quit and go start a Serb Talk Tennis where he and the 15 other Joker fans with 56k modems can rave about their man!

wtf? That was uncalled for.

gj011
05-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Sure. But don't forget the huge heaping of bitterness. You have to come to a US site to talk about tennis - because there is no one in your part of the world to talk tennis with. And you man's lack of maturity and lack of sportsmanship get called out here.

I will bet my paycheck that Fed would send a private jet to pick up a player like Medvedev to play in the RG final the last 3 years. Beating Rafa is a tiny bit more difficult.

Ignore him. He will eventually quit and go start a Serb Talk Tennis where he and the 15 other Joker fans with 56k modems can rave about their man!

Lol what a bunch of BS with low uncalled shots. First I am not living in Serbia. Second there are tennis internet forums in Serbia and Serbian language and people talk on them. I just choose to participate here as well. Also majority of people have fast internet there as well. It is not some kind of unseen miracle you make it to be.
It is funny how some people like to feed illusions of self greatness and think that there is nothing outside their country. Sure everyone lives in caves and have no electricity outside of US :roll:

There are people from all over the world here and you are not going to deny me rights to post here only because of my nationality.

egn
05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Lol what a bunch of BS with low uncalled shots. First I am not living in Serbia. Second there are tennis internet forums in Serbia and Serbian language and people talk on them. I just choose to participate here as well. Also majority of people have fast internet there as well. It is not some kind of unseen miracle you make it to be.
It is funny how some people like to feed illusions of self greatness and think that there is nothing outside their country. Sure everyone lives in caves and have no electricity outside of US :roll:

There are people from all over the world here and you are not going to deny me rights to post here only because of my nationality.

Ignore him it is people like him that makes Americans seem so stupid..High Speed internet is not strictly American. There are tons of places in the world that have it. Besides I imagine at times the people on the Serbian equivalent of talk tennis are more civil than the people here.

On the whole topic the only way Fed makes Nadal rattle is in Nadal in his chair after laughing so hard after reading Fed claiming to be able to rattle him lol.

Dutch-Guy
05-12-2009, 02:22 AM
If he beats Nadal on clay he will get alot of respect but it wouldn't make any difference if he predicts it or not.
Talking himself up maybe his way to build confidence.I don't know.

Dutch-Guy
05-12-2009, 02:31 AM
Sure. But don't forget the huge heaping of bitterness. You have to come to a US site to talk about tennis - because there is no one in your part of the world to talk tennis with.

As if the world evolves around the US.You need to get out more bloke.

jelle v
05-12-2009, 03:09 AM
Good interview from Fed.. nice political answer when he states he thinks ha can still rattle Nadal. He adds that he was close at the Australian Open so he isn't talking (only) about the French Open. I too think he can still beat Nadal, but French Open I don't see it happening. Wimbledon and US Open his still has very big chances.

But who knows.. I just might be really delusional here, like one of the top-3 trolls on this forum mentioned.

Pirao
05-12-2009, 04:10 AM

D*uchebaginess at its finest.

Morrissey
05-12-2009, 05:14 AM
Why is every keyboard expert's only solution is a bigger racquet?? I mean you should be a coach...Everytime things go wrong..."Hey you should switch to a bigger racquet"...By the end of it, your player will be using a 200 sq. in racquet! LOL

Yeah I know, but it's always fun to throw it in there once in a while. But even Sampras said he wished he had used a bigger head for the clay season. Anyway, everyone's got their sticks and what they prefer most. Doesn't mean it's hurting their game.

Morrissey
05-12-2009, 05:21 AM

Hmm...so basically outside of the US it's still the stone age? And I always wondered why everybody hates the US.

Way to put him in his place, just remind them they're not in America and you are to make oneself feel superior.

NamRanger
05-12-2009, 05:21 AM

I am 100% sure you started this first. Don't be a hypocrite.

veroniquem
05-12-2009, 05:25 AM
If he beats Nadal on clay he will get alot of respect but it wouldn't make any difference if he predicts it or not.
Talking himself up maybe his way to build confidence.I don't know.
It doesn't seem it's a way that works and it sets him up for attacks. When something doesn't work, it's always a good idea to change it but clearly he's not going to, so be it then.
Congratulations Roger on your next RG title!

NamRanger
05-12-2009, 05:31 AM
It doesn't have to be so black and white. He can say something more sensible like "I'm obviously not the favorite on clay, but I will do my best to win." I guess that's too much ask of him huh? I guess "doing his best" must mean in his mind "I'm too talented and great to try my best." There is a middle ground between "I'm the best and supposed to win" and "I suck and I should retire."

We'll see how he'll rattle Nadal with those 15-20 unforced errors off the backhand side.

I'm 100% sure he said that.

"He is playing the best tennis of his life right now"

He said he will "try" to win the Madrid Masters. It's not like it would be impossible for the 13 time slam champion to upset Nadal (who IS beatable on clay) in a Masters tournament.

Come on now, both me and you know he said nothing wrong in this interview. He believes he can still win because of all the close matches he had; just that he was missing a key ingredient in each of those matches.

Morrissey
05-12-2009, 05:37 AM
I'm 100% sure he said that.

"He is playing the best tennis of his life right now"

He said he will "try" to win the Madrid Masters. It's not like it would be impossible for the 13 time slam champion to upset Nadal (who IS beatable on clay) in a Masters tournament.

Come on now, both me and you know he said nothing wrong in this interview. He believes he can still win because of all the close matches he had; just that he was missing a key ingredient in each of those matches.

Well if Fed thinks he's playing the best tennis of his life right now then he's more out of his mind than Breakpoint.

NamRanger
05-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Well if Fed thinks he's playing the best tennis of his life right now then he's more out of his mind than Breakpoint.

He said that about Nadal, making Nadal the favorite. Don't play possum please.

icedevil0289
05-12-2009, 05:40 AM

does fed like to talk about himself in third person?

seffina
05-12-2009, 05:44 AM

seffina thinks Fed thinks that Fed should think that Fed could think that Fed might say that Fed does not talk about Fed's self in the third person.

Making such a big deal out of press conferences is just baffling to me. He is asked these questions, he answers them. There is absolutely no proof that "talking himself up" hurts him on the court. It hurts his fans? Maybe. But there's no proof that Federer is losing because he so "foolishly" believes he has a chance to win a tournament.

icedevil0289
05-12-2009, 05:47 AM
seffina thinks Fed thinks that Fed should think that Fed could think that Fed might say that Fed does not talk about Fed's self in the third person.

Making such a big deal out of press conferences is just baffling to me. He is asked these questions, he answers them. There is absolutely no proof that "talking himself up" hurts him on the court. It hurts his fans? Maybe. But there's no proof that Federer is losing because he so "foolishly" believes he has a chance to win a tournament.

lol. Its federer, people always scrutinize his interviews. I would be surprised if no one did. No matter what he says, people will jump on him, twist his words, and call him delusional or arrogant.

veroniquem
05-12-2009, 05:50 AM
I wouldn't put it past him :lol: (joke)

sh@de
05-12-2009, 05:51 AM
The way *******s try and pick apart every single bit of Fed's interviews and put bits of what he says out of context is just pathetic. I see nothing wrong with Fed's interview here, yet *******s insist there is something wrong. Either it's Fed has a huge *** ego (true, he may, but he doesn't ALWAYS show it), or he's talking his own chances up, or he's not giving others credit etc. So pathetic.