PDA

View Full Version : Raquet as a present from a pro to a fan

juchas
05-12-2009, 02:19 AM
Hi Guys

I īve got a questuion

I mean could a professional play give a raquet for a very big fan as a present?

Or he canīt give because he must get the requet only for himself, get problems with the raquet company or another problem that he must say "no sorry?

delphi17
05-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Hi Guys

I īve got a questuion

I mean could a professional play give a raquet for a very big fan as a present?

Or he canīt give because he must get the requet only for himself, get problems with the raquet company or another problem that he must say "no sorry?

if a proffesional player can give anything to any one , if he chooses to.
The fact is, if you heard a player say, u cant give it to you, because of a racquet company or another problem, he is just trying not to break your heart.
The fact is some players are restricted from signing certain objects, like tennis balls, if they are already selling them via agents..
But really speaking, they can still decide to give gifts to people...
I know lots of friends who chase around sport stars all the time..

brownbearfalling
05-14-2009, 04:10 PM
I am not sure about top level professionals but for Collegiate players once they are given their racquets at the beginning of the year from that point on they own the racquets. And every year they get new ones to use. So but the end of 4 years playing collegiate they might own 20 or so racquets they that they can do what ever with. But these racquets are retail models so i am not sure what the policy is for pro players.

mctennis
05-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Some of the college players HAVE to return the racquets at the end of the season. I had a club pro tell me this when he played college tennis. Also he stated he had to return his racquets he was currently on contract using. At least that is what he said.

ChuDat
05-25-2009, 12:40 AM
I've seen pros throw their racquets into the crowd after winning a match.

larlarbd
05-25-2009, 07:43 AM
I've seen Sampras throw a racquet at US Open in the crowd - it's just upto the pro.

<3tennis!!!
05-25-2009, 03:29 PM
pros with pjs are prolly less likely to give racquets away imo

Solid Ace
05-25-2009, 03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ1wke9dk_U
Last 4 seconds, Gonzo throws a racquet to the crowd.

martinrousev
05-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Those who play with the stock racquets probably can give it away and just replace it. Those who have their own moulds probably have a clause in their contract not to give away company secrets.

Josherer
05-27-2009, 12:14 AM
yup im sure they could if they wanted

charliefedererer
05-27-2009, 12:56 PM
I believe that it was early this year that there was a thread from someone who bought one of Roger's racquets at a charity auction in New York. When trying to find the posting, I saw Roger had donated a racquet from his 2004 Wimbledon victory to the Swiss tennis federation for auction.
So yes, I would think a player could give one to a fan.