PDA

View Full Version : MUST a player change the raquet if it exist a newer model?

juchas
05-12-2009, 05:07 AM
Hi everybody,

I got a question have hear that every 3 month the players must change her raquent and play with paintjob.

And the player must chnage raquet if they is a newest model

For example aero pro drive and aero pro drive cortex

Could I say "I not would chance, because I love to play with the aero pro drive I dont want change on the newest cortex model"

Must a do what company say or could I have my own mind and change by myself:confused:

kalic
05-12-2009, 05:59 AM
It depends on contract. But, most contracts say: "You can play whatever racquet you want, and we (company) will paint it to look like current model". That is best both for player (money) and for company (advertising).

ilikephobo
05-12-2009, 07:49 AM
It depends on contract. But, most contracts say: "You can play whatever racquet you want, and we (company) will paint it to look like current model". That is best both for player (money) and for company (advertising).

yup!, paintjobs haha. like Nadal for example. he uses the old aeropro drive with a PJ

FedererForehand
05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Pete Sampras is an example of a guy who never changed PJs. He was cautious of even the weight of the paint affecting the way his PS 85 played. Obviously his contract didn't have anything in it about PJs.

ReopeningWed
05-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Pete Sampras is an example of a guy who never changed PJs. He was cautious of even the weight of the paint affecting the way his PS 85 played. Obviously his contract didn't have anything in it about PJs.

That worked out pretty well for his racket, we had that throwback phase where PS85's were going for well above $200

Beastforearm
05-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi everybody,

I got a question have hear that every 3 month the players must change her raquent and play with paintjob.

And the player must chnage raquet if they is a newest model

For example aero pro drive and aero pro drive cortex

Could I say "I not would chance, because I love to play with the aero pro drive I dont want change on the newest cortex model"

Must a do what company say or could I have my own mind and change by myself:confused:

It's all about PJ...

juchas
05-13-2009, 02:07 AM
Hmmm cool

love to play with the "granny raquet" prince tunder dome so to company only makes a paintjob or another style?