PDA

View Full Version : is federer getting tired?

aphex
05-12-2009, 10:42 PM
...i mean its the same story in every game:
he comes on court playing his ok game (not A game or even B game)
which is enough to beat any opponent except a certain mr. nadal.
so, he wins the 1st set and then during the 2nd, he just unravels...
i mean yesterday, if it was any of the top 7-8 at the other side of the net,
federer would have lost that 2nd set and probably the match...

anyone have a valid explanation?

Nadal_Freak
05-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Fed is not that good anymore.

Blinkism
05-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Basically the same story as 2008. Looks like Fed's lost interest in being a serious contender at Master's tourney's.

Sure, he shows up and does well, but he doesn't put his heart and soul into it like he does at the slams, IMO.

rubberduckies
05-12-2009, 10:51 PM
he comes onto the court with his A game
his opponent plays his C game usually and loses the first set
if his opponent is Murray or Djokovic sometimes, they'll raise it up to A or B game, which is more than enough to dominate Fed (who is still playing at A to A-)
if his opponent is somebody else, they'll go down to D game and Fed will win (this is what happened during the FedEra)

<3tennis!!!
05-12-2009, 10:56 PM
if his opponent is Murray or Djokovic sometimes, they'll raise it up to A or B game, which is more than enough to dominate Fed (who is still playing at A to A-)
if his opponent is somebody else, they'll go down to D game and Fed will win (this is what happened during the FedEra)epic fail 10 char

Chopin
05-12-2009, 10:58 PM
if his opponent is somebody else, they'll go down to D game and Fed will win (this is what happened during the FedEra)

Funny--in a way reminds me of this thread. It was about a B or so and then you posted some drivel about Djokovic and Murray's B games being able to "dominate" Federer's A game and the thread went down to F.

BreakPoint
05-12-2009, 11:04 PM
...i mean its the same story in every game:
he comes on court playing his ok game (not A game or even B game)
which is enough to beat any opponent except a certain mr. nadal.
so, he wins the 1st set and then during the 2nd, he just unravels...
i mean yesterday, if it was any of the top 7-8 at the other side of the net,
federer would have lost that 2nd set and probably the match...

anyone have a valid explanation?
Mono drains your system of energy. Where he used to come onto the court with a full tank of gas, he now only comes on court with a half a tank of gas. He uses up most of that gas in the 1st set so he doesn't have much left for the 2nd and 3rd sets. :(

Underhand
05-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Federer is a mental midget. After a couple of UEs he collapses if the opponent is solid enough.

Nadal_Freak
05-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Fed isn't really that good. It's just that most of the competition is even worse.

Underhand
05-12-2009, 11:08 PM
Mono drains your system of energy. Where he used to come onto the court with a full tank of gas, he now only comes on court with a half a tank of gas. He uses up most of that gas in the 1st set so he doesn't have much left for the 2nd and 3rd sets. :(

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4301/facepalm32.gif

Nadal_Freak
05-12-2009, 11:13 PM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4301/facepalm32.gif
Switch Mono with aging and nerves and it does make sense.

Chelsea_Kiwi
05-12-2009, 11:16 PM
if his opponent is somebody else, they'll go down to D game and Fed will win (this is what happened during the FedEra) Why does every ******* have to be a troll?

Tbh Fed's A game would beat any player on tour with ease except Nadal on clay.

Vermillion
05-12-2009, 11:19 PM
mirka's been getting all the energy

danb
05-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Federer is a mental midget. After a couple of UEs he collapses if the opponent is solid enough.

I buy that. He just gets tight - not a total collapse.

jamesblakefan#1
05-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Fed isn't really that good. It's just that most of the competition is even worse.
Did you really just say that Fed isnt that good? Twice? Did you really just say that? You must be mentally ********, if so I apologize. But if not you, my friend, have just taken trolling to a new level. Do you even watch tennis, or do you just stare at Nadal's muscles all day?

Nadal_Freak
05-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Did you really just say that Fed isnt that good? Twice? Did you really just say that? You must be mentally ********, if so I apologize. But if not you, my friend, have just taken trolling to a new level. Do you even watch tennis, or do you just stare at Nadal's muscles all day?
Most of Fed's opponents beat themselves. A player that keeps the ball in play and doesn't make many errors is going to give Fed problems. Aka Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray.

vndesu
05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
one day gulbis will be up there.
for now its nadal and fed.

as a fed fan i can see why hes losing, whether its lack of endurance, age, or out played, but if federer is so weak then why does he talk nadal to 5 sets at most slams, maybe not french but wimbledon and aus op, since nadal didnt make it to us op finals last year.

Chopin
05-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Most of Fed's opponents beat themselves. A player that keeps the ball in play and doesn't make many errors is going to give Fed problems. Aka Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray.

You clearly have little understanding of tennis if you think Federer is not very good. End of discussion. Share your opinion with anyone knowledgeable about tennis (a pro or coach) and they'e likely to walk away. Have you seen professional tennis in person even? Do you even play tennis? Saying that Federer "Fed isn't really that good" shows that you don't get it.

Lotto
05-12-2009, 11:47 PM

Biggest load of crap of all time.

jamesblakefan#1
05-12-2009, 11:52 PM
"Feds opponents beat themselves"?

.............I cant argue with someone like you, or else i will spontaneously combust, and not in a good way.

theduh
05-12-2009, 11:54 PM

Classic!!!

vtmike
05-12-2009, 11:57 PM

http://teensreadandblogtoo.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/98212stupidity-park-elsewhere-posters.jpg

jamesblakefan#1
05-13-2009, 12:04 AM
I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that a guy with 13 slams and top 5 of all time isnt really that good. I guess that means Nadal just plain sucks right?

Jchurch
05-13-2009, 12:07 AM

I guess by your rational Nadal isn't that good since he has to get into a rally to win. I mean he just sits there giving that ball back to whoever he is playing.

I am a Federer fan, but I also have great respect for Nadal and his game. For anyone to say EITHER of them aren't talented is just crazy.

BreakPoint
05-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Yes, a "mental midget" that coould to win 7 straight best of 5 set matches 13 times (not to mention the times he had to win 6 straight matches). :-?

BreakPoint
05-13-2009, 12:13 AM
Switch Mono with aging and nerves and it does make sense.
Yeah, sure, he aged 10 years in a span of only 2 months. :-?

aphex
05-13-2009, 12:15 AM

obvious troll is obvious...

federer's B game is enough to destroy anyone (see: USO'08) except nadal on clay.

let's not even go to his A game.

aphex
05-13-2009, 12:17 AM
btw, the original question still stands for non-trolls
does anyone have a valid explanation why his level suddenly drops?

BreakPoint
05-13-2009, 12:25 AM
I've already explained it, it was the mono. It's hard to find your form again after a bout of mono. You never really get back to 100% of where you were before the illness. It's just one of those things, like a physical injury that has healed but you're never able to do all things you were able to before.

Ancic was #7 in the world before he got mono. Look at how much he's dropped off since. Have you even seen him recently?

Have you seen this thread?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=260459

Bud
05-13-2009, 12:31 AM
mirka's been getting all the energy

http://crossvilleforums.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/vomit.gif

BorisBeckerFan

I am not going to agree or disagree with what you said. It is not that I don't have an opinion on Federer being good or not, but I have something more important to discuss with you. If you diminish what Federer has achieved you are in essence diminishing the value of Nadal's victories over Federer because he's not good. If you talk Federer up and say he's great you are making Rafa's victories over Fed great because he won them against a great opponent. By saying Roger is good you make Rafa look great. By saying Roger is not good you make Nadal not look as good. This type of bashing between Nadal and Federer fans gives a lot of ammunition to fans of tennis in the 90's who claim tennis is currently in weak era competition wise.

jamesblakefan#1

I 'm startting to think it is the fact that the masters dont mean as much as they used to for him. Im his mind the only thing separating him from being the greatest ever is 2 slams. And thats where his focus is. He already has all the masters he needs honestly. All his focus is for the slams. Thats why his loss in Australia was so crushing for him. Not that he doesnt try in masters. It just doesnt mean as much. Old Fed would never have taken a loss like he had in monte carlo in stride.

Bud
05-13-2009, 12:35 AM
I 'm startting to think it is the fact that the masters dont mean as much as they used to for him. In his mind the only thing separating him from being the greatest ever is 2 slams. And thats where his focus is. He already has all the masters he needs honestly. All his focus is for the slams. Thats why his loss in Australia was so crushing for him. Not that he doesnt try in masters. It just doesnt mean as much. Old Fed would never have taken a loss like he had in monte carlo in stride.

The operative phrase there being - in his mind. He's not even close to the greatest ever. If he'd have kept going strong for 2-3 more years (beyond 2007) there was a possibility of some discussion. Not now, however.

aphex
05-13-2009, 12:37 AM
I've already explained it, it was the mono. It's hard to find your form again after a bout of mono. You never really get back to 100% of where you were before the illness. It's just one of those things, like a physical injury that has healed but you're never able to do all things you were able to before.

Ancic was #7 in the world before he got mono. Look at how much he's dropped off since. Have you even seen him recently?

i think you have a good point---it can't be a coincidence that federer was never the same again after AO'08---even when people say he played well in
us open last year, it was nothing compared to his level of previous years

aphex
05-13-2009, 12:38 AM
The operative phrase there being - in his mind. He's not even close to the greatest ever. If he'd have kept going strong for 2-3 more years (beyond 2007) there was a possibility of some discussion. Not now, however.

why not make it 10 years?

Bud
05-13-2009, 12:43 AM
why not make it 10 years?

Not practical or realistic thinking you're going to continue collecting majors until your mid to late 30's, playing the modern game.

If he could have gone strong from 2003-2010 taking 15-18 slams, winning all 4 majors and 20+ Masters Series titles... he'd have been a clear cut GOAT contender.

Unfortunately, he just petered out... 3/4 of the way to the finish line :oops:

vtmike
05-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Not practical or realistic thinking you're going to continue collecting majors until your mid to late 30's, playing the modern game.

If he could have gone strong from 2003-2010 taking 15-18 slams, winning all 4 majors and 20+ Masters Series titles... he'd have been a clear cut GOAT contender.

You make it sound like 13 slams is a joke!

jamesblakefan#1
05-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Im pretty sure if he had 18 slams and a career slam hed be THE goat, no contendership necessary, IMO.
Im still not buying the mono excuse. Its just guys have stepped up and dont think hes invincible anymore. And more guys arent afraid of him. He lost his aura, that mental edge that gave him a set before he even stepped onto the court. Plus Djokovic and Murray have way more heart than guys like Davydenko, Ljubicic, and yes, Blake, and better games than those guys and Roddick etc. And Rafas improved while Fed has stalled and in some respects gotten worse (FH, serve)

Deuce
05-13-2009, 01:02 AM

i think you have a good point---it can't be a coincidence that federer was never the same again after AO'08---even when people say he played well in
us open last year, it was nothing compared to his level of previous years
How well did did John McEnroe do before 1985, and how well did he do after 1985?
Did he have mono, too?

The same can be said of absolutely every player who has won, say, more than 3 Majors, and been #1 in the world for a significant period.
The FACT is that the play of every tennis player declines at some point - some sooner, and some later. And for many, many different reasons - some physical, some psychological...

If it is a "fact", as BP relentlessly claims, That Federer's decline is the result of mono, it is surely easy to prove that it is a fact.
Thus far, he's not come anywhere close to doing proving it.

Indeed, Federer has not played as well for the past 18 months or so as he had played in the several years prior to that. Nopne of us on this message board know Federer nearly well enough to know all of the things that have gone on in his life in the past 18 months. We know only a very few things - the mono, his marriage, Mirka's pregnancy... But, my god, there are so many other possible reasons - both physical and psychological - for the decline in his play that it is nothing short of absolute and irresponsible folly to claim that the mono is the sole - or even the main - cause of his tennis decline.
It may be just the mono... It may be the mono combined with something else... It may be the mono combined with 17 other factors... It may have nothing at all to do with the mono.

The only FACT here is that none of us know why Federer's play has declined in the past 18 months or so.
All we can do is guess as to the reason(s) - and our guesses are essentially useless, as they are all based on all of us (including BreakPoint) us knowing very, very little about his life.

BreakPoint
05-13-2009, 01:04 AM
Im pretty sure if he had 18 slams and a career slam hed be THE goat, no contendership necessary, IMO.
Im still not buying the mono excuse. Its just guys have stepped up and dont think hes invincible anymore. And more guys arent afraid of him. He lost his aura, that mental edge that gave him a set before he even stepped onto the court. Plus Djokovic and Murray have way more heart than guys like Davydenko, Ljubicic, and yes, Blake, and better games than those guys and Roddick etc. And Rafas improved while Fed has stalled and in some respects gotten worse (FH, serve)
And what caused that? Mono?

How can someone's game completely fall off a cliff at the same time as his illness if the cause of that drop-off isn't the illness? He was winning just about everything before he got mono but then right after he got mono he stopped winning anything. Suddenly. Seems pretty obvious to me.

aphex
05-13-2009, 01:08 AM

calibrate your sarcasm detector please...

Bud
05-13-2009, 01:12 AM
calibrate your sarcasm detector please...

After you calibrate your sarcasm creator :oops:

There are guys like Agassi... with his 20 year career span and majors after 30 years old... who knows what you were thinking.

Deuce
05-13-2009, 01:17 AM
And what caused that? Mono?

How can someone's game completely fall off a cliff at the same time as his illness if the cause of that drop-off isn't the illness? He was winning just about everything before he got mono but then right after he got mono he stopped winning anything. Suddenly. Seems pretty obvious to me.
^ If you were a close friend of Federer's, and knew virtually everything that's been going on in his life in the past 18 months, the content of your post would be more credible.

Since, however, you have no idea what 98% of Federer's life is like, or the things he has to deal with, you stating that it is "fact" that the mono is the reason for his decline (which you posted in the other thread), and you stating here that it's "obvious" that the mono is responsible for his decline is nothing but pure foolishness.

aphex
05-13-2009, 01:19 AM
After you calibrate your sarcasm creator :oops:

There are guys like Agassi... with his 20 year career span and majors after 30 years old... who knows what you were thinking.

i was thinking that since you created a crazy, ridiculous standard for goat contendership why not go all the way and be absolutely ludicrous.

the fact is that many people (the majority perhaps) consider fed the goat (not just a goat contender) based on these 4 years only. so, stop your silliness.

aphex
05-13-2009, 01:21 AM
^ If you were a close friend of Federer's, and knew virtually everything that's been going on in his life in the past 18 months, the content of your post would be more credible.

Since, however, you have no idea what 98% of Federer's life is like, or the things he has to deal with, you stating that it is "fact" that the mono is the reason for his decline (which you posted in the other thread), and you stating here that it's "obvious" that the mono is responsible for his decline is nothing but pure foolishness.

it may not be fact, but its a valid explanation based on cause and effect.

jamesblakefan#1
05-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Ok so Ancic had mono and still misses tourneys due to lingering effects of it, yet Fed had it and played through it, both in Australia and the rest of the year. And he won the USO post mono. If his game had fallen off a cliff as claimed hed have dropped out of top 20 by now & be in the retirement home.

BreakPoint
05-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Ok so Ancic had mono and still misses tourneys due to lingering effects of it, yet Fed had it and played through it, both in Australia and the rest of the year. And he won the USO post mono. If his game had fallen off a cliff as claimed hed have dropped out of top 20 by now & be in the retirement home.
Federer was so far above everyone else before that even after "falling off a cliff", he's still better than 99% of the pros out there. It all depends on where you start from.

aphex
05-13-2009, 01:30 AM

thats not whats being claimed...what's being claimed is that at this level, if you lose 1/8th of a step and a bit of stamina, you automatically become a far worse player

Deuce
05-13-2009, 01:36 AM
it may not be fact, but its a valid explanation based on cause and effect.
^ And there are perhaps a dozen other factors in Federer's life that could also be claimed to be a "valid explanation".

One can claim that any speculation is 'valid'... simply because, until absolute proof occurs, no one knows the truth.

But if someone claims that it is "fact" - or even that it's "obvious" - before proof is produced, that's just plain silly.

aphex
05-13-2009, 01:38 AM
^ And there are perhaps a dozen other factors in Federer's life that could be claimed to be a "valid explanation".

One can claim that any speculation is 'valid'... simply because, until absolute proof occurs, no one knows the truth.

come on now...its not being claimed that his level dropped because he lost his wallet or something...its a valid explanation (not fact)

Bud
05-13-2009, 01:40 AM
i was thinking that since you created a crazy, ridiculous standard for goat contendership why not go all the way and be absolutely ludicrous.

the fact is that many people (the majority perhaps) consider fed the goat (not just a goat contender) based on these 4 years only. so, stop your silliness.

Really?!... check this thread out :grin:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=260854

Deuce
05-13-2009, 01:42 AM
come on now...its not being claimed that his level dropped because he lost his wallet or something...its a valid explanation (not fact)

Yeah, and I can say that he has been preoccupied with having a child for the past 'X' months, and that's the main reason his play is not at the level it was... or that he was nervous about Mirka wanting to get married... or that Nike was threatening to drop him... or that his father has cancer... or that he has a recurring blister... or dozens and dozens of other possibilities that we can neither claim as fact nor discount as possible reasons because WE DON'T KNOW HIS LIFE.

Get it now?

aphex
05-13-2009, 01:44 AM

your thread is irrelevant.

check this thread http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=226895
:oops::oops::oops:

vtmike
05-13-2009, 01:46 AM

:oops::oops::oops:

LMAO!! Dud just got owned!

Bud
05-13-2009, 01:47 AM

:oops::oops:

Why is my thread irrelevant?

It's a simple question... taking the GOAT 'pulse' on TT, concerning Federer's current status as possible GOAT :-D

Consider it a snapshot in time :wink:

aphex
05-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Why is my thread irrelevant?

It's a simple question... taking the GOAT 'pulse' on TT, concerning Federer's current status as possible GOAT :-D

Consider it a snapshot in time :wink:

are you dumb bud?
how is a thread saying sampras is not the goat relevant?

Bud
05-13-2009, 01:51 AM
are you dumb bud?
how is a thread saying sampras is not the goat relevant?

Click on the link again :)

aphex
05-13-2009, 01:54 AM
Click on the link again :)

congrats! you know how to use the edit button.
your point?

Bud
05-13-2009, 01:56 AM
congrats! you know how to use the edit button.
your point?

Go check your quote of my original post... It's correct there, too ;-)

I think you're a little... wacky :oops:

Bud
05-13-2009, 01:57 AM
LMAO!! Dud just got owned!

I guess your having some trouble comprehending it, too? :oops:

BreakPoint
05-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah, and I can say that he has been preoccupied with having a child for the past 'X' months, and that's the main reason his play is not at the level it was...
Yeah, Mirka has been pregnant for the past 18 months. :roll:

or that he was nervous about Mirka wanting to get married...
They've only been essentially already married for almost 9 years. The ceremony was a mere formality. Sure he was nervous. This is a guy who never gets nervous no matter what the score is.

or that Nike was threatening to drop him...
Yeah, that's why Nike just created a whole new exclusive "RF" line just for Federer. :-?

or that his father has cancer... or that he has a recurring blister... or dozens and dozens of other possibilities that we can neither claim as fact nor discount as possible reasons because WE DON'T KNOW HIS LIFE.

Get it now?
Why not just say his play has fallen off because he had a full frontal lobotomy or that he's playing with two broken legs? It's about as likely as your other "theories".

Oh, and I guess you'll agree that maybe Nadal is playing well recently not because he has improved his game but because he switched brands of toothpaste? I mean, you don't know EVERYTHING that's going on in his life right? :roll:

Get it now?

What, not enough action for you in the Rants and Raves section today? :oops:

vtmike

So you managed to edit it before he could quote your post...big deal...How desperate are you to go and create a new thread just to rectify your post :-?

aphex

i think you're a little pwned.

you linked the sampras thread, then realized your stupidity, then created the federer thread, then edited you post. that's all.

Bud
05-13-2009, 02:01 AM
So you managed to edit it before he could quote your post...big deal...How desperate are you to go and create a new thread just to rectify your post :-?

you linked the sampras thread, then realized your stupidity, then created the federer thread, then edited you post. that's all.

You two are a little... shall we say nutty :oops:

sh@de
05-13-2009, 02:03 AM
Thread was good. *******s as usual f'ed it up. What the hell.

aphex
05-13-2009, 02:03 AM

They've only been essentially already married for almost 9 years. The ceremony was a mere formality. Sure he was nervous. This is a guy who never gets nervous no matter what the score is.

Yeah, that's why Nike just created a whole new exclusive "RF" line just for Federer. :-?

Why not just say his play has fallen off because he had a full frontal lobotomy or that he's playing with two broken legs? It's about as likely as your other "theories".

Oh, and I guess you'll agree that maybe Nadal is playing well recently not because he has improved his game but because he switched brands of toothpaste? I mean, you don't know EVERYTHING that's going on in his life right? :roll:

Get it now?

What, not enough action for you in the Rants and Raves section today? :oops:

lulz.........

vtmike
05-13-2009, 02:04 AM
You two are a little... shall we say nutty :oops:

We?? You mean you and your imaginary friends?

Bud
05-13-2009, 02:06 AM

We... as in the rest of the forum :razz:

aphex
05-13-2009, 02:08 AM

hahaha-just leave him...he's been pwned enough for one thread...

Bud
05-13-2009, 02:09 AM
hahaha-just leave him...he's been pwned enough for one thread...

It was you who was owned, my friend :)

aphex
05-13-2009, 02:11 AM
It was you who was owned, my friend :)

i was gonna spare you...but **** it...

ok bud, please explain to me how you owned me...

Bud
05-13-2009, 02:13 AM
i was gonna spare you...but **** it...

ok bud, please explain to me how you owned me...

I'll let you figure it out :oops:

sh@de
05-13-2009, 02:22 AM
^ that is the LAMEST comeback I've ever had the privilege to read.

aphex
05-13-2009, 02:25 AM

its not even fun anymore...its just too easy.

bud, still haven't figured it out-care to enlighten me?

<3tennis!!!
05-13-2009, 02:30 AM
I'll let you figure it out :oops:ahahahah i just loled at that! bud you are truly entertaining my dear friend!:)

Bud
05-13-2009, 02:30 AM

He can read... no need for me to spoonfeed him the answers :)

Bud
05-13-2009, 02:32 AM
ahahahah i just loled at that! bud you are truly entertaining my dear friend!:)

:wink:

He knows he was owned :)

Deuce
05-13-2009, 02:33 AM

^ Are you truly this dumb, or are you just pretending?
I'll assume the former, as it occurs very, very often with you...
As such, I'll s-p-e-l-l it out for you in nice simple terms:
Firstly, these are mere examples I put forth to prove the point that absolutely any reason is possible, as we -which includes YOU - know virtually nothing about his life.

Secondly... maybe he and Mirka have been discussing the possibility of having a child for a long time.
Thirdly - you have absolutely no clue as to Federer's emotional states off the court, or what does or does not make him nervous. That you claim to know this, too, about him makes you insane if you truly believe that you know these things.
Fourth... The Nike thing was obviously a random, hypothetical example.
Well... obvious to anyone with the capacity to think, that is...
Again - these are mere examples. That you take my examples as me claiming that they are facts is the result either of your lack of intelligence, or your manipulative dishonesty - all of which you have shown unmistakable signs of many times on this board.

^ No - not anywhere near as likely - not to any rational mind, at least.

^ You're certifiable.

I've never encountered anyone so insistent on proving he's an *** than you.

You are constantly claiming to absolutely 'know' things that you do not at all know, and have no possibility of knowing. One would suppose that you constantly do this in order to create the illusion that you are 'knowlegeable'. But you will fool only the fools. Intelligent persons can easily see right through you - you're as transparent as glass, and as thin as paper.

AprilFool
05-13-2009, 02:37 AM
Nadal picks his butt and wastes time between serves.
I think I 'll write something like this every time there is a Nadal thread.

<3tennis!!!
05-13-2009, 02:39 AM
:wink:

He knows he was owned :)how was he owned:confused:in your stupid little thread a total of 12 people so far have voted for fed goat or not 6 for 6 against. in the other thread 'who is the mens goat' or something a total of 78 people voted for fed and there were alot of other votes which i didnt bother counting. therefore, since 'who is the mens goat' has a larger sample size, and your pathetic little thread( a sample size n of 12):oops: had a patheticly small sample size, dont you think the original thread was therefore more accurate?. YOU my friend are owned

Bud
05-13-2009, 02:49 AM
how was he owned:confused:in your stupid little thread a total of 12 people so far have voted for fed goat or not 6 for 6 against. in the other thread 'who is the mens goat' or something a total of 78 people voted for fed and there were alot of other votes which i didnt bother counting. therefore, since 'who is the mens goat' has a larger sample size, and your pathetic little thread( a sample size n of 12):oops: had a patheticly small sample size, dont you think the original thread was therefore more accurate?. YOU my friend are owned

Better go recheck my 'stupid little thread' :)

<3tennis!!!
05-13-2009, 02:51 AM
some more people have voted in you thread! congrats!!!!!:shock:

BreakPoint
05-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Firstly, these are mere examples I put forth to prove the point that absolutely any reason is possible, as we -which includes YOU - know virtually nothing about his life.
You're right, I don't know everything that goes on in a pro's life.

So maybe Ancic's game has fallen off not because he got mono but because he changed the color of his underwear? I mean, I don't know EVERYTHING that goes on in his life after all. :roll:

No wonder no one has ever given you a real job. Employers want intelligent people that can put 2 plus 2 together and get 4. Something you obviously have trouble doing. :cry:

Bud
05-13-2009, 02:52 AM
some more people have voted in you thread! congrats!!!!!:shock:

Thank you! :)

You'll notice the vote totals increasing in the future, too :roll:

aphex
05-13-2009, 03:08 AM
how was he owned:confused:in your stupid little thread a total of 12 people so far have voted for fed goat or not 6 for 6 against. in the other thread 'who is the mens goat' or something a total of 78 people voted for fed and there were alot of other votes which i didnt bother counting. therefore, since 'who is the mens goat' has a larger sample size, and your pathetic little thread( a sample size n of 12):oops: had a patheticly small sample size, dont you think the original thread was therefore more accurate?. YOU my friend are owned

he wasnt pwned by that--he was pwned by the below facts:

Bud
05-13-2009, 03:10 AM
he wasnt pwned by that--he was pwned by the below facts:

http://www.tienganh.com.vn/vi/uploads/News/pic/1222094976.nv.gif

:lol:

vtmike
05-13-2009, 05:23 AM
^^^ Your attempt at being funny has been a,

http://rlv.zcache.com/failure_when_youre_not_good_enough_dark_t_shirt-p235666686037100361t5tr_400.jpg

Andres
05-13-2009, 05:31 AM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/4301/facepalm32.gif x2

Gen
05-13-2009, 05:41 AM
Nadal picks his butt and wastes time between serves.
I think I 'll write something like this every time there is a Nadal thread.

Federer is a hysterical crybaby and sore loser. Hmmm ... nowadays he is just a loser without any attributes. I think I'll write something like this every time there is an ExFed thread.

rafan
05-13-2009, 06:01 AM
If he isn't tired now - then wait until the baby is born - he doesn't know what being tired is all about yet!

P_Agony
05-13-2009, 06:34 AM

Yet another Copy-Paste poste of yours. Yes, in the 2nd sets of his matches against Djokovic in Miami and Rome and against Murray in Indian Wells and Doha Federer was playing his A game in the 2nd set. Right.

P_Agony
05-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Federer is a hysterical crybaby and sore loser. Hmmm ... nowadays he is just a loser without any attributes. I think I'll write something like this every time there is an ExFed thread.

So you admit you're going to troll in every Federer thread from now on?

P_Agony
05-13-2009, 06:40 AM

NF, I usually like some of your posts, but this is an epic fail. I wish you could give Federer even half the credit Federer fans give Nadal.

drakulie
05-13-2009, 06:41 AM

I agree, which explains why Nadal has been able to take advantage and win all the slams he has won. :roll:

vtmike
05-13-2009, 06:51 AM
I agree, which explains why Nadal has been able to take advantage and win all the slams he has won. :roll:

That dodo is buying into the "weak era" crap that the ***********s have been harping on all along to make Fed look bad...What he doesn't realize is that its going to come back to bite him in the as* when they start to compare Nadal & Sampras... :)

seffina
05-13-2009, 06:59 AM
Tired? I've never thought that would be the reason. He doesn't look winded to me when the second set starts. I don't think it's fatigue. The Djokovic match still has me baffled. Not taking anything away from Novak because he was more aggressive after the rain, but Federer's level also dropped...

(I hope I'm understanding the OP's point correctly.)

yetanothersamprasfan
05-13-2009, 11:24 AM
my two cents: this is speculation, since i can't get inside Federer's head, but i think that he got wounded pretty good by Nadal starting at the FO final last year. during that match i remember thinking to myself "why is he being so passive?" anyway . . . i think that over the years Federer got used to the easiness of his talent. against Nadal, Federer's talent is not enough. he has to work in a different way, which he's not used to doing. i think Courier made an excellent point on the last interview he gave tennisweek. he said that against Nadal Federer plays the big points different from the way he plays them against other players.

anyway, long two cents to say that i think that he's been wounded pretty good (psychologycally) by Nadal. Nadal has made him have doubts that he never had before.

Nadal_Freak
05-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Lets just say Fed plays a ton better when he is fresh feeling. He can't handle the slight fatigue without a big drop in his game.

aphex
05-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Lets just say Fed plays a ton better when he is fresh feeling. He can't handle the slight fatigue without a big drop in his game.

am i in a parallel universe?

i agree with nadal-freak

BreakPoint
05-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes, the fatigue that's brought on by his bout with mono. That's why his level always drops off now in the final set.

He now plays with only half a tank of gas when he steps out onto the court whereas before mono he always came with a full tank of gas.

GameSampras
05-13-2009, 03:24 PM
You clearly have little understanding of tennis if you think Federer is not very good. End of discussion. Share your opinion with anyone knowledgeable about tennis (a pro or coach) and they'e likely to walk away. Have you seen professional tennis in person even? Do you even play tennis? Saying that Federer "Fed isn't really that good" shows that you don't get it.

Hmmm... Well Fed is 21-1 and against the rest of the tour this year outside the top 3. So thats not very bad at all.

Its not like Fed is 2-20 or something this year

GameSampras
05-13-2009, 03:31 PM
And god forbid anyone gives Nadal, Djoker, and Murray credit for becoming major players in tennis and threats to Fed's crown.

Its all just "Fed decline this and Fed decline that."

The bottom line is.. Take Nadal, Djoker and Murray out of the equation this year and put Pre primed Nadal prior to 08, and the rest of the 04-07 crew, and WHAT DO YOU HAVE?............................................. ....................... Fed Dominating tournaments left and right and still grabbing 3 slams a year. So spare the decline crapola. He has declined a bit but sure as hell not very much. He still squashes 90 plus percent of the tour with ease and on a consistent basis. Hes 21-1 against the rest of the tour this year.

Fed has declined a bit no doubt , but not to the degree everyone wants to suggest. The biggest difference is the competition at the top is much much better.

I swear some people around would like to make it seem Roger is in his mid 30s suffering from all kinds of physical abnormalities. That isnt the case guys. Fed is no spring chicken but he certainly isnt some decrepid old tennis player just hanging on. He still Number 2 in the world and is reaching slam finals all the time only losing to one damn player

jms007
05-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Yeah he's definetly got endurance problems. He played five 5-setters during the past year, only slightly losing out to Nadal twice. I don't know how he's gonna make it through a 7 or a 9 setter when the time comes!

GameSampras
05-13-2009, 03:45 PM
I think alot of Fed's so called "Severe decline" people want to associate Fed with is, merely due to the fact that Fed no longer feels the need to dominate on a week in week out basis. Nor does He clearly does not want to focus on tennis 24/7 as before and put that extra overtime on the practice courts and is shows in his game now. His priorities have changed and it happens with everyone sooner or later. Fed can still play great. And he does some awesome things WHEN IT MATTERS. Obviously he is switching gears here. Hes focusing more on the slams and breaking the record and possibly getting an RG title. Fed has been there and done that with the week in week out dominance. What does winning Dubai, Madrid, IW, etc really do for Fed's career at this point? People are expecting Fed to break the slam record. You think his main priority is on small tournaments today at this point in his career? HELL NO

Fed will grab the slam record (if possible) and call it a day. That will be it

jms007
05-13-2009, 03:50 PM
I think alot of Fed's so called "Severe decline" people want to associated Fed with is, merely due to the fact that Fed feels the need no longer to dominate on a week in week out basis. He clearly does not want to focus on tennis 24/7 as before. His priorities have changed and it happens with everyone sooner or later. Fed can still play great. And he does some awesome things WHEN IT MATTERS. Obviously he is switching gears here. Hes focusing more on the slams and breaking the record and possibly getting an RG title. Fed has been there and done that with the week in week out dominance. What does winning Dubai, Madrid, IW, etc really do for Fed's career at this point? People are expecting Fed to break the slam record. You think his main priority is on small tournaments today at this point in his career? HELL NO

No man, what we're dealing here with is a highly intelligent form of mono. It allows him to make GS finals and even win them, but just randomly f***s with him during all other tournaments. It's the damnest thing.

TheNatural
05-13-2009, 05:00 PM
And god forbid anyone gives Nadal, Djoker, and Murray credit for becoming major players in tennis and threats to Fed's crown.

Its all just "Fed decline this and Fed decline that."

The bottom line is.. Take Nadal, Djoker and Murray out of the equation this year and put Pre primed Nadal prior to 08, and the rest of the 04-07 crew, and WHAT DO YOU HAVE?............................................. ....................... Fed Dominating tournaments left and right and still grabbing 3 slams a year. So spare the decline crapola. He has declined a bit but sure as hell not very much. He still squashes 90 plus percent of the tour with ease and on a consistent basis. Hes 21-1 against the rest of the tour this year.

Fed has declined a bit no doubt , but not to the degree everyone wants to suggest. The biggest difference is the competition at the top is much much better.

I swear some people around would like to make it seem Roger is in his mid 30s suffering from all kinds of physical abnormalities. That isnt the case guys. Fed is no spring chicken but he certainly isnt some decrepid old tennis player just hanging on. He still Number 2 in the world and is reaching slam finals all the time only losing to one damn player

And don't forget that Nadal was injured during 3 of the slams in 07. If Nadal didn't bust his knee at Wimbledon 07, he wins that final( he was clearly dominating for 70-80% of the match and even moreso at the exact time that he got injured), and the USO and AO would also have been a huge shot for Nadal without injury.

Nadal extended Fed's peak by a year by being so injured in 07, now Nadal has continued spanking Fed and put him "in decline' lol.

egn
05-13-2009, 05:51 PM
And don't forget that Nadal was injured during 3 of the slams in 07. If Nadal didn't bust his knee at Wimbledon 07, he wins that final( he was clearly dominating for 70-80% of the match and even moreso at the exact time that he got injured), and the USO and AO would also have been a huge shot for Nadal without injury.

Nadal extended Fed's peak by a year by being so injured in 07, now Nadal has continued spanking Fed and put him "in decline' lol.

So you are basically saying Nadal would have had a calendar year slam if he was not injuried all the time. Well than his conditioning failed and you can explain why he still failed to win all the slams in 2008 when he was clearly better?

slicefox
05-13-2009, 11:02 PM
the first two replies in this thread are failures.

not that i have high standards for these two posters, but this is rock-bottom

jamesblakefan#1
05-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Nadal wasnt hurt in Australia. He got his arse beat by Gonzo. And his being hurt at uso was his own doing, by playing so many meaningless clay tourneys after Wimbledon.

Noveson
05-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Ugh you can just watch the deterioration of this thread after that dumb guy who basically said Fed sucks haha. I wish Fed would get it back. I want him to wake the f#$k up!

Deuce
05-14-2009, 03:00 AM
You're right, I don't know everything that goes on in a pro's life.

So maybe Ancic's game has fallen off not because he got mono but because he changed the color of his underwear? I mean, I don't know EVERYTHING that goes on in his life after all. :roll:

No wonder no one has ever given you a real job. Employers want intelligent people that can put 2 plus 2 together and get 4. Something you obviously have trouble doing. :cry:
Now you claim to know about MY life, too?

You are so absolutely desperate to appear 'knowledgeable' and 'intelligent' (in the eyes of the dumb) that you constantly claim knowledge where no knowledge exists - where no knowledge can possibly exist.

You are not only highly ignorant, but you truly are insane.