PDA

View Full Version : Bollettieri or Evert

rygy10
03-15-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm 16 years old and looking to go to tennis camp this summer. I am wondering if anyone has ever been to Bollettieri or Chris Evert academy and would like to share their thoughts about each.

fedex27
03-15-2005, 03:30 PM
i havent been to either but i would probaly go to bolletari between the two, it seems much more prestigous

JackD
03-15-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't know much about Evert but I would not recommend Bollettieri unless you are a top flight player already.

NoBadMojo
03-15-2005, 05:27 PM
rygy share with us your skillset and tennis goals and accomplishments and maybe we can better direct you...

acedu
03-15-2005, 06:10 PM
I have gone to both and like both. I loved both and the guys at both are great. Its all up to u. Id give a call to each place. Remember both are and img camp.

rygy10
03-15-2005, 06:40 PM
i'm around a 4.0 almost 4.5 but just want to develop more consistency in strokes and become more mentally tough

spirit
03-16-2005, 11:10 AM
I've been to the Evert Academy - not for a summer camp, just for morning drills. It is a very nice setting. Staff are very friendly, and I saw some serious young people being put through some serious and tough tennis training while I was there. I don't think you can go wrong there. However, while it is in a very nice area of Boca Raton, it is a good ten of 15 miles or so from any beach (my guess on the distance) if that is what you are looking for.

NoBadMojo
03-16-2005, 01:02 PM
if you want more consistency and to be more mentally tough and you are a 4.0 you can probably find a good teaching pro where you live and save your parents a boatload of $$$

forehander
03-16-2005, 01:46 PM
That's a good point mojo. Maybe it deserves a thread of its own, but is it better to attend one of these camps or just work with a pro? What are the advantages, dissadvantages?

NoBadMojo
03-16-2005, 02:24 PM
forehander the big advantage i see is that you can more easily have access to a good way to continue your development with a pro who actually knows your game..when you go to the camp, you go to the camp and you will likely learn some stuf and become more fit, then you will come home and be left with nobody who knows your game or where you are in your developmental stage..also at a big factory like the bollllllieteri place you are at the mercy of the pros who work with you..you dont get to pick who you prefer or get to work with the best ones unless you are one of the very few elite players i assume the poster was thinking of a two week session or something and not the whole semester deal. i would find a good local pro who can give you a package of diverse play and lessons (some private, some clinic, some drill sessions, find you good people play with and you can space that over watever period of time you like)

acedu
03-17-2005, 04:43 PM
You cant go wrong with either place wherever u go will be great trust me ive been to both.

Saito
03-17-2005, 07:59 PM
You cant go wrong with either place wherever u go will be great trust me ive been to both.

Couldn't have said it any better than that.... great places....

Vicious
03-18-2005, 12:44 PM
if you want more consistency and to be more mentally tough and you are a 4.0 you can probably find a good teaching pro where you live and save your parents a boatload of $$$

Mojo makes a very good point..... unless you just plan on bringing the whole family to the area and staying there... and have lots of money too :p

TommyGun
03-19-2005, 02:19 AM
My suggestion is look in your area for NIKE camps, and then make an inquiry into what programs they will have. I have found most of the NIKE camps to have very good coaches and pros and be very good overall.

Ed Krass College Tennis Camps are also very, very good, and are staffed mostly by current college coaches. If you play in high school and are looking to maybe play in college, this is one way to help you on your way.

TommyGun
03-19-2005, 02:33 AM
Oh, I couldn't tell where you live, but if you are close to California you might want to check out www.lansdorp.com and see if he is having any special summer programs...he is the REAL pro to the pros.