PDA

View Full Version : Great article:Spanish players fed up with Nadal getting all the attention

Dutch-Guy
05-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Rafael Nadal annoys. Some of his countrymen envy his success on clay, the organizers of Madrid's influence. It must be said: the world N.1, who hesitated to come and play in the Spanish capital because of its high altitude, so rain or shine in Spain.
Everyone is unanimous: Rafael Nadal will win Roland Garros for the fifth year in a row this season. Move along, there would be nothing to see. So why go play on the clay courts of Madrid where the Spanish will also be present and large - not unique - for the title favorite? Just hope for grapiller ATP points by going as far in the new Masters ocre of ATP, which was previously on disk at the end of previous seasons. While praying for not to play in responding to Rafael Nadal. Or as late as possible. And, even if the world N.1 hesitated to come due to the altitude at which it must adapt to play in Madrid.Within the "Caja Magica" (Magic Box), hope is what remains to Fernando Verdasco. "I have Nadal in my part of the table", blew in spite of daily Marca the Spanish number 2, beaten eight times in as many meetings by his young compatriot. "As in Rome, I may find in front of him in the quarter-final ... I will try to win this time. It's time to win one tournament left to others." Although it is difficult to advance in a table without hearing the heavy "the ogre of the ocher. N.5 world end in 2006, Tommy Robredo was left already said on the sidelines of the Paris Masters Bercy this year that he was struggling to live. "If I N.5 world in France or in another country, I will be a half-God. In Spain, it is another thing. ... There are so Nadal take his ailing patience.
All the Spanish press has eyes only for the Iberian phenomenon, while leaving the other players in the shadows. Who was not surprised by seeing the media Iberian leave a tournament after the elimination of premature Nadal although other Spaniards were still in contention? A fact that the gift irritating players in question. Adoré when global N.2 between July 2005 and August 2008, it is now worshiped as a person now that he has surpassed the King Roger Federer in the ATP rankings. Four-time winner at Roland Garros and crowned with a title at Wimbledon in 2008, which had managed to make a Spanish (Manolo Santana in 1966), the phenomenon would have been beyond comprehension. Its success at the Australian Open is not fixed because it is said that he will succeed to brandish four major trophies this season, that person has done in the Open era began in 1968.

While Madrid, what would be a mere formality if Nadal plays the game until the end, without spare before Roland Garros. Given its clear picture, the way to the finals seems clear. And when we know that the Masters in 1000 is organized by the famous Santana, Rafa will only feel at home in the next few days. Although it is not Madrileña Majorcan origin. And even if it played a role at the design stage of the tournament ... Indeed, the world N.1, like Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic, had refused to allow the clay is blue ...

Originality required by the organizers but repressed by the ATP after consultation of the first players in the world. "It had been testing in Barcelona (...), all equipment purchased is the same texture as the red earth. And then there are players like Mr. Nadal who want red!" If Iron Tiriac, the author of these words in the columns of the team and the man who holds the rights of the Masters, plague against this issue, it is not blasphemy with Nadal. Or even with other players like Serena Williams who have a preference for red of the earth and not a crazy color. "The earth is red, Nadal insisted. Although I am told that this does not change over the short, I do not think this is a good thing." In Madrid, as elsewhere, it does not affect the tradition.

http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/masters-madrid/2009/marre-de-nadal_sto1933698/story.shtml

I got it from Eurosport France (i'm a French speaker).I used google to translate it.The translation isn't too accurate but still...

On the article:It's sucks to be a Spanish tennis player these days with Nadal getting all the attention:)

Underhand
05-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Easy: beat him.

West Coast Ace
05-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks for posting. I was wondering where the blue clay demonstration courts were - had heard they were going to set a few up to convince the players it wasn't that bad. I guess the big names said "no" and the promotors caved.

I guess the short answer is: stop crying like little 'rhymes with itches' and beat him!

Dutch-Guy
05-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks for posting. I was wondering where the blue clay demonstration courts were - had heard they were going to set a few up to convince the players it wasn't that bad. I guess the big names said "no" and the promotors caved.
Well Nadal and Fed criticized it,so the organizators and promotors fearing that they may boycot the tourny next year,backed down

I guess the short answer is: stop crying like little 'rhymes with itches' and beat him!
Yeah Nadal should tank a match to let these mofos shine lol.I kinda understand them as they have been living in Rafa's shadow for years now.

Sentinel
05-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Poor Wawrinka must be fed up, too.