PDA

View Full Version : Why does every latino player have long hair and wear a headband?

tonyg11
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
topics that matter:

Why does every latino player have long hair and wear a headband? Today I was watching Monaco play Ferrer and I couldn’t tell them apart because their style was the same.

Verdasco (previously)
Lopez
Moya
Nadal
Monaco
Ferrer
Canas
and probably many others that i can't recall.

At least Verdasco went form some originality and cut that **** off and at least Coria wore a CAP instead of a poser bandana

mutantducky
05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
because it restrains their spanish sexiness. Without it females would be storming in from the stands. DUH!!!!!

gj011
05-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Robredo is exception.

skip1969
05-13-2009, 12:24 PM
well, maybe not every latino player.

but i see your point. monaco/ferrer today was the battle of bad hair and bandanas. i'm not knocking bandanas. i wear them. and i'm not a poser, tonyg. heh

if you think tennis is bad, trying watching that game where the guys kick the ball around.

Dutch-Guy
05-13-2009, 12:25 PM
topics that matter:

Why does every latino player have long hair and wear a headband? Today I was watching Monaco play Ferrer and I couldn’t tell them apart because their style was the same.

Verdasco (previously)
Lopez
MoyaNadal
Monaco
Ferrer
Canas

At least Verdasco went form some originality and cut that **** off and at least Coria wore a CAP instead of a poser bandana

Are those guys Latinos? Btw aren't Lations South Americans? Maybe you meant Hispanic.

tonyg11
Robredo is exception.

i just googled a pic of him with long hair and a bandana... I assume he recently bucked the trend. Thank God

Swissv2
Because if they don't have that style, their spanish "tennis brothers" would shun them as "unhip" or "ungroovy" - and this greatly impacts their latin mojo. They simply cannot cut their hair and tell the latino ladies "Ahm a Stallion, no? Ahm a stallion u cannot reseest." It just doesn't work that way.

tonyg11
05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
well, maybe not every latino player.

but i see your point. monaco/ferrer today was the battle of bad hair and bandanas. i'm not knocking bandanas. i wear them. and i'm not a poser, tonyg. heh

if you think tennis is bad, trying watching that game where the guys kick the ball around.

I don’t know how they do it. When I played competitively I eventually grew my hair to shoulder length and just couldn’t stand it anymore. Had to chop it off. Doing anything athletic with long hair is just plain annoying for me.

tonyg11
05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Because if they don't have that style, their spanish "tennis brothers" would shun them as "unhip" or "ungroovy" - and this greatly impacts their latin mojo. They simply cannot cut their hair and tell the latino ladies "Ahm a Stallion, no? Ahm a stallion u cannot reseest." It just doesn't work that way.

I think you really nailed it. It's about the mojo... It's always the damn mojo. Cut the hair, lose the mojo.

svijk
05-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Good observation/ post...have wondered about it myself. Actually the Italians have that going on too.

Its something thats been a never ending trend...probably made popular by movie stars and singers...still remember the 1978Argetine soccer team; all of them had long hair.

I think if Nadal cuts his hair and wins another 5 Slams...this trend will end!!!

tonyg11
05-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Are those guys Latinos? Btw aren't Lations South Americans? Maybe you meant Hispanic.

Semantics. To me, latino is anyone that descends from a latin speaking country. Italy, Spain, Portugal, Romania etc.

skip1969
05-13-2009, 12:33 PM
spaniards and men from countries which were former colonies/possessions of the kingdom of spain.

how's that?

gj011
05-13-2009, 12:36 PM
spaniards and men from countries which were former colonies/possessions of the kingdom of spain.

how's that?

Not good since is excludes Portugal and Brazil.

skip1969
05-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Not good since is excludes Portugal and Brazil.
they aren't serial offenders. italians and spanish-speakers are.

Cyan
05-13-2009, 01:10 PM
because it restrains their spanish sexiness. Without it females would be storming in from the stands. DUH!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CCNM
05-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I once mistook Fernando Gonzales for Rafa-and upset a few fans. I think latinos/Hispanics are the only guys who can pull off the look.

oneleggedcardinal
05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
I once mistook Fernando Gonzales for Rafa-and upset a few fans. I think latinos/Hispanics are the only guys who can pull off the look.

I'm Puerto Rican and it is my duty to inform you that I would look horrible...just awful.

cucio
05-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Because all the latino guys want to look like Bjorn Borg. Now you know it.

danb
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
From the webster:

latino

Main Entry:
La·ti·no Listen to the pronunciation of Latino
Pronunciation:
\lə-ˈtē-(ˌ)nō\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural La·ti·nos
Etymology:
American Spanish, probably short for latinoamericano Latin American
Date:

1 : a native or inhabitant of Latin America 2 : a person of Latin-American origin living in the United States
— Latino adjective

From the freedictionary.com:

ThesaurusLegend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
Noun 1. LatinoLatino - a native of Latin America
Latin American
Latin America - the parts of North America and South America to the south of the United States where Romance languages are spoken
spic, spick, spik - (ethnic slur) offensive term for persons of Latin American descent
American - a native or inhabitant of a North American or Central American or South American country
transmigrante - a Latin American who buys used goods in the United States and takes them to Latin America to sell
2. Latino - an artificial language based on words common to the Romance languages
artificial language - a language that is deliberately created for a specific purpose
Latino sine flexione - Latino without inflectional morphology
Adj. 1. Latino - related to a Spanish-speaking people or culture; "the Hispanic population of California is growing rapidly"
Hispanic

It looks like latino can mean both "native south american" and "of latin/spaniard origins"...

Gorecki
05-13-2009, 01:56 PM

huh? you need to go back to Geography 3rd grade and stay there for 2 years!

skip1969
05-13-2009, 02:08 PM
thanks for the suggestion. i'll take it under advisement.

italians and spanish-speakers are the worst long hair offenders. that's all i was saying.

Gorecki
05-13-2009, 02:09 PM
thanks for the suggestion. i'll take it under advisement.

italians and spanish-speakers are the worst long hair offenders. that's all i was saying.

oh sorry... misunderstood your post... my bad!

THESEXPISTOL
05-13-2009, 02:12 PM

lol se calhar o gajo pensa que os italianos e os espanhois são tartaros ou o caralho...
Tinha um prof de geografia que dizia: 'Deus criou a guerra para que os americanos pudessem aprender Geografia'.

Agora tenho a confirmação da veracidade das sabias palavras do homem :)

Gorecki
05-13-2009, 02:17 PM
lol se calhar o gajo pensa que os italianos e os espanhois são tartaros ou o caralho...
Tinha um prof de geografia que dizia: 'Deus criou a guerra para que os americanos pudessem aprender Geografia'.

he\she didnt mean that we are not Latin's... she refered to the hair lenght!

percebi mal...

mas ainda assim o teu post está coberto de razão!

Gugafan
05-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Some of the guys look better with shorter hair especially Robredo and JCF.

They should take a leaf out of Safins book and go for a change of look occasionally....I remember that one year, where Safin turned up at the FO with that samurai hairstyle.

NickC
05-13-2009, 02:34 PM

Italians never could touch the Portuguese in terms of colonizing other countries. The Portuguese had Brazil, parts of Africa, and a few other Caribbean islands to their name. The Italians tried to invade one East African country after WW1, and that didn't go so well.

NickC
05-13-2009, 02:40 PM

A Latino is anyone who considers themselves a native speaker of any of the 5 modern dialects that derived from ancient Latin: Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Romanian and French.

In the USA, the term "Latino" has been hijacked by Central-Americans (or descendants of Central-Americans) as their favorite way to be labeled. Calling someone "Hispanic" is a big no-no around here.

Gorecki
05-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Italians never could touch the Portuguese in terms of colonizing other countries. The Portuguese had Brazil, parts of Africa, and a few other Caribbean islands to their name. The Italians tried to invade one East African country after WW1, and that didn't go so well.

this guy knows his stuff...

ps: one mimor detail.. please include Goa, Damão and Diu in India and that's about it!

Edit: after post 27 Nick is officialy our geographer...

skip1969
05-13-2009, 02:49 PM

a) if you're gonna insult me, do it in english.
b) you are assuming that i am american.
c) and that all americans are geographically impaired. many are, but not all.
d) as gorecki said, i was referring to guys who like to wear their hair long, not making a geographical reference
e) and even if i was, wouldn't it serve you better to inform me of the real facts, instead of blessing me with cute, little disparaging quotes from your professor?

i'm just sayin . . .

seffina
05-13-2009, 02:57 PM
this guy knows his stuff...

ps: one mimor detail.. please include Goa, Damão and Diu in India and that's about it!

Edit: after post 27 Nick is officialy our geographer...
And East Timor! My SO is there at the moment and he has had to learn the language a little to deal with a few of his patients.
-----------
Robredo hasn't been the same since his haircut. :)

Gorecki
05-13-2009, 03:07 PM
And East Timor! My SO is there at the moment and he has had to learn the language a little to deal with a few of his patients.
-----------
Robredo hasn't been the same since his haircut. :)

yes.

Brazil, Guinea, Mozambique, Angola, Cape Verde, S.Tome, Timor, Indian state cites refered, and some small caribean islands!

Gorecki
05-13-2009, 03:13 PM
a) if you're gonna insult me, do it in english.
b) you are assuming that i am american.
c) and that all americans are geographically impaired. many are, but not all.
d) as gorecki said, i was referring to guys who like to wear their hair long, not making a geographical reference
e) and even if i was, wouldn't it serve you better to inform me of the real facts, instead of blessing me with cute, little disparaging quotes from your professor?

i'm just sayin . . .

for the record and the sake of the argument my fellow country man TSPistol did not insult you personaly although it may look like that...

in the context of the conversation he refered to some of the issues you posted as:

"maybe he thinks Italian or Spanish are Tartars or some bs like that"
and then you got the bigger picture...

anyway, i was the cause for the smal turbulence and i must apologise again...

Love Game
05-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Why does every latino player have long hair and wear a headband?

Robredo is exception.

"headband AND long hair" = both, sooooo...

also acasuso is exception.
also ferrero is exception.
also del potro is exception.
also gil is exception.

also feliciano lopez is exception for several months now.

also gonzo cut his hair about same time as feli.

Love Game
05-13-2009, 03:25 PM
A Latino is anyone who considers themselves a native speaker of any of the 5 modern dialects that derived from ancient Latin: Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Romanian and French.

In the USA, the term "Latino" has been hijacked by Central-Americans (or descendants of Central-Americans) as their favorite way to be labeled. Calling someone "Hispanic" is a big no-no around here.

lol ... so is calling someone "anglo" :lol:

ExPostFacto
05-13-2009, 03:28 PM
This is a lame post.

Additionally, the last time I heard someone talk about another being a "poser" was in middle school, and the topic of that discussion was a 14 year-old skateboarder.

OliverSimon
05-13-2009, 03:28 PM
You forgot CHucho and Gaudio ( in some matches)

Love Game
05-13-2009, 03:35 PM
You forgot CHucho and Gaudio ( in some matches)

last time i saw el gato he had a little ponytail goin on ala nalby ..... did he cut his off?

tennis_hand
05-13-2009, 05:39 PM
topics that matter:

Verdasco (previously)
Lopez
Moya
Nadal
Monaco
Ferrer
Canas

because that looks gay.

featherlight
05-13-2009, 05:41 PM
montanes does not keep long hair

OliverSimon
05-13-2009, 05:42 PM
last time i saw el gato he had a little ponytail goin on ala nalby ..... did he cut his off?

no but at france 07 he had a head band:):)

Antonio Puente
05-13-2009, 05:52 PM
I don't know, many of the guys with short hair look like dorks. Djokovic - yes. Verdasco - absolutely. Andreev cut his hair and now looks like the Karate Kid villain.

tonyg11
05-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't know, many of the guys with short hair look like dorks. Djokovic - yes. Verdasco - absolutely. Andreev cut his hair and now looks like the Karate Kid villain.

Yes, Joko looks like a dork, but Verdasco just looks like a ******bag. Speaking of bad hair, every ******bag in the city that goes out to clubs/bars on a friday night has that ******bag fake gelled up mohawk "doo” that Verdasco so proudly sports.