PDA

View Full Version : whats an underhand serviceq

makhan10
05-13-2009, 09:44 PM
??????????????????????

Noveson
05-13-2009, 09:47 PM
An underhand service? Should be in tips and instruction but whatever. It is serving but instead of throwing the ball over your head and hitting it with an overhand motion, you drop the ball and swing more similar to a forehand motion.

slicefox
05-13-2009, 09:48 PM
yes, michael chang tried this at the FO and all the noobs started to copy him.

only works once in 10 years, and when the opponent is WAY behind the baseline.

Nanshiki
05-13-2009, 09:50 PM
It works against bad players, but it's a very bad idea to use against a very good player except as a surprise attack.

It's also usable as a last-resort 2nd serve when nothing else will go in.

Winners or Errors
05-14-2009, 04:55 AM
It works against bad players, but it's a very bad idea to use against a very good player except as a surprise attack.

It's also usable as a last-resort 2nd serve when nothing else will go in.

You mean, it's not going to work against a good player like this? Surprise!!! In the right moment, even McEnroe fell prey to this serve. It's not a terrible idea. I have an opponent who hits this serve once in a while, and he has a huge serve otherwise so it is a very effective tactic. Obviously, you can't do this consistently, because you would get destroyed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxzUGtr0ApY&feature=related

oscar_2424
05-14-2009, 04:57 AM
hahha good video!

deltox
05-14-2009, 05:17 AM
i played a guy in our league who had a shoulder problem keeping him from raising his arm high over his head. his underhand serve had alot of movement right to left on it and stayed very low to the ground.

it actually ****ed me off terribly, so i started lobbing all shots back to him to relieve my frustrations

cucio
05-14-2009, 05:27 AM
^^ ROTFLMAO! Some people take things too personally. That's too cruel. :twisted:

The face of JMac on that video is priceless.