PDA

View Full Version : Sampras / Philippousis Davis Cup team for Greece

smart_player
05-14-2009, 06:01 AM
back in the 90's / early 2000's would have been a dream team.

i personally beleive they would have won the cup at least once.

i beleive they would have been nearly impossible to beat at home due to the fact all matches would be played on fast hard, but away would have struggled coz all the other teams would select clay.

how well does every body here fell they would have done?

nfor304
05-14-2009, 06:13 AM
It would depend on Philippousis I guess. He had a hard enough time motivating himself to play for Australia, and often had clashes with the davis cup captain or had injury issues. But even if they decided to switch nationalities now and play they would probably be in the world group. Greece has had a few notable players too, like Economidis and Maserakis, both floating just outside the top 100.

smart_player
05-14-2009, 06:24 AM
It would depend on Philippousis I guess. He had a hard enough time motivating himself to play for Australia, and often had clashes with the davis cup captain or had injury issues. But even if they decided to switch nationalities now and play they would probably be in the world group. Greece has had a few notable players too, like Economidis and Maserakis, both floating just outside the top 100.

Maserakis is nowhere at the mo, Jacupkovic is no. 2 and is like around 500 in the world.

is a good point though, even if they decided now to switch nationalities and play they would have a good chance to be in the world group.

kiki
04-09-2011, 12:22 PM
... and they played Iranīs team of Agassi and Sadri ( former AO runner up and a great s&v player)

jaggy
04-10-2011, 05:05 AM
McEnroe and Cash for Ireland may have won a round or two.

Bartelby
04-10-2011, 05:12 AM
... but strangely enough the Poo helped win it for Oz twice and the Pat didn't.