PDA

View Full Version : Spanish paper "El Pais" criticizes Federer...

gzhpcu
05-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Read this in the Swiss paper "Tages Anzeiger"
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/tennis/Mediale-Nadelstiche-gegen-Roger-Federer/story/16575127

Basically what is being said:

The Spanish Paper, El Pais, criticizes Federer:

While Nadal is close to the people and is very approachable, Federer is staying in a luxury hotel, isolated from everyone. And Federer, which the paper describes as a lofty star, even had the seats removed from the grandstand he was training on. Nadal, on the other hand, is ready to be photographed with any fan.

The paper also describes the entourage of the two players. While Nadal is accompanied by Uncle Toni and five other persons, Federer only has one person accompanying him. "This pale Lüthi, who carries his bags and runs after him". It is also very doubtful if ever a word of critic comes from his mouth.

During meals, Federer sits alone at a table. Pasta is being served, which his friend goes to get for him. He does not even stand up to get this own meal.

The Tages Anzeiger goes on to recommend that Federer engages an independent coach, in order to be able to attain his previous great period.

Unfortunately this does seem to be so. Some friends of mine saw Roger, Mirka and his parents at a chic Zürich restaurant last year. Mirka spoke to the waiter, and specified exactly what Roger wants to eat, and how it is to be prepared. He said nothing. Weird...:(

skip1969
05-14-2009, 08:36 AM
hey, with the kind of money mirka's got in her bank account, the least she can do is order roger's meals! ain't like she's stuck in the kitchen, cooking. :)

danb
05-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Wierd... 10 chars

drakulie
05-14-2009, 08:45 AM
THIS JUST IN>>>>>>>

Federer does poo-poo!!!. :shock:

seffina
05-14-2009, 08:51 AM
I hate everything.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 08:54 AM
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/tennis/Mediale-Nadelstiche-gegen-Roger-Federer/story/16575127

While Nadal is close to the people and is very approachable, Federer is staying in a luxury hotel, isolated from everyone. And Federer, which the paper describes as a lofty star, even had the seats removed from the grandstand he was training on. Nadal, on the other hand, is ready to be photographed with any fan.

The paper also describes the entourage of the two players. While Nadal is accompanied by Uncle Toni and five other persons, Federer only has one person accompanying him. "This pale Lüthi, who carries his bags and runs after him". It is also very doubtful if ever a word of critic comes from his mouth.

During meals, Federer sits alone at a table. Pasta is being served, which his friend goes to get for him. He does not even stand up to get this own meal.

The Tages Anzeiger goes on to recommend that Federer engages an independent coach, in order to be able to attain his previous great period.

Unfortunately this does seem to be so. Some friends of mine saw Roger, Mirka and his parents at a chic Zürich restaurant last year. Mirka spoke to the waiter, and specified exactly what Roger wants to eat, and how it is to be prepared. He said nothing. Weird...:(
edit
10 chars

NamRanger
05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm also reading a blog from someone who works at the Madrid tournament and she said that Federer is the only player who doesn't sign his credentials papers himself (they're actually supposed to do it in person) but has someone else sign them for him. She also reported seeing Federer walking off the practise court with both hands in his pockets while Luthi ran behind trying to keep up with him carrying both bags for him.
When we mention arrogant and get flamed by the fans, I think we're actually very tame compared to what the reality of Fed's behavior is.

Do you personally know Roger Federer? Have you actually ever met Roger Federer? Let me answer that for you, NO. Then you have no right to judge him. Period.

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm also reading a blog from someone who works at the Madrid tournament and she said that Federer is the only player who doesn't sign his credentials papers himself (they're actually supposed to do it in person) but has someone else sign them for him. She also reported seeing Federer walking off the practise court with both hands in his pockets while Luthi ran behind trying to keep up with him carrying both bags for him.
When we mention arrogant and get flamed by the fans, I think we're actually very tame compared to what the reality of Fed's behavior is.

I think that's the thing. None of us know what the reality of fed's behavior is. Yeah you heard a couple of things from a blog, but there have been other people who have written that fed is an overall nice, down to earth guy. It all really depends. Plus from what I've heard, fed has always been good with the fans, which the article seems to dispute. I know you severely dislike the guy, but again, nothing is black and white.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Do you personally know Roger Federer? Have you actually ever met Roger Federer? Let me answer that for you, NO. Then you have no right to judge him. Period.
Those behaviors were reported by people who witnessed the stuff, it's not hearsay. I actually know (professionally) someone who works for Federer. Although he did say stuff to me, it was between him and me and I have never used what he said on this board and never will. Obviously it influenced my general perception of Federer (and Mirka) anyway.

LanceStern
05-14-2009, 09:05 AM
You cannot judge or make any conclusions about anything from this.

skip1969
05-14-2009, 09:05 AM
the way he's been playing the last six months, i wouldn't talk to anyone either. surprised he isn't walking around wearing dark sunglasses and a trenchcoat.

incognito is the way to go, i say. until the titles start coming.

aphex
05-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Those behaviors were reported by people who witnessed the stuff, it's not hearsay. I actually know (professionally) someone who works for Federer. Although he did say stuff to me, it was between him and me and I have never used what he said on this board and never will. Obviously it influenced my general perception of Federer (and Mirka) anyway.

is that why you love roger so much?

really, stop being such a nadal hater___its not cool

Dilettante
05-14-2009, 09:07 AM
You cannot judge or make any conclusions about anything from this.

We can't even read the original article.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 09:11 AM
I think that's the thing. None of us know what the reality of fed's behavior is. Yeah you heard a couple of things from a blog, but there have been other people who have written that fed is an overall nice, down to earth guy. It all really depends. Plus from what I've heard, fed has always been good with the fans, which the article seems to dispute. I know you severely dislike the guy, but again, nothing is black and white.
He was very nice with my daughter at USO last year. He was one of the few players who signed an autograph on her ball and my daughter said he signed for every single fan who was there.
The person I know who works for Fed also got me a magazine with a personalized autograph (in French!) from Fed that is very nice and I'll always treasure it.
It's not black and white at all but I do have an issue with some of Fed's attitudes and statements.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
the way he's been playing the last six months, i wouldn't talk to anyone either. surprised he isn't walking around wearing dark sunglasses and a trenchcoat.

incognito is the way to go, i say. until the titles start coming.
Except it's not a recent behavior, he's been like that for a long time.

aphex
05-14-2009, 09:15 AM

a guy worth $200 mil isn't staying at a youth hostel??????????

oh the arrogance!!!!!!

this article is all kinds of fail

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 09:15 AM
He was very nice with my daughter at USO last year. He was one of the few players who signed an autograph on her ball and my daughter said he signed for every single fan who was there.
The person I know who works for Fed also got me a magazine with a personalized autograph from Fed that is very nice and I'll always treasure it.
It's not black and white at all but I do have an issue with some of Fed's attitudes and statements.

As a fed fan, so have I. I know some of the things he might say are very cut throat, but I'd rather have that direct honesty than sugar coating answers just to please the media, but that's just me. I have also said, some of the things he has said in the past or has done do not reflect on the entire picture or in this case his character, you know. Btw, I am now officially jealous of your daughter. :)

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 09:17 AM
As a fed fan, so have I. I know some of the things he might say are very cut throat, but I'd rather have that direct honesty than sugar coating answers just to please the media, but that's just me. I have also said, some of the things he has said in the past or has done do not reflect on the entire picture or in this case his character, you know. Btw, I am now officially jealous of your daughter. :)
Then why don't you come to the USO with us this year? She'll show you the best spot to get autographs!

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Then why don't you come to the USO with us this year? She'll show you the best spot to get autographs!

I should. The college I go to is in queens and is like 20 minutes away from the entire thing. I really wanted to go last year. I'm still not sure why I didn't. Do you normally go to the USO every year?

drakulie
05-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Except it's not a recent behavior, he's been like that for a long time.

He is tyring very hard, yet miserably failing, to be as bad as you.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 09:24 AM
I should. The college I go to is in queens and is like 20 minutes away from the entire thing. I really wanted to go last year. I'm still not sure why I didn't. Do you normally go to the USO every year?
Yes I do and I usually go several days by myself and once with my family. I can't wait. It is so different from TV!

aphex
05-14-2009, 09:24 AM

nobody can achieve that goal

drakulie
05-14-2009, 09:27 AM
^^^^ She has a Death Grip on that distinction (Nadal_Freak in a close second place)

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Yes I do and I usually go several days by myself and once with my family. I can't wait. It is so different from TV!

I bet. Last year, our school was messed up and the channel that was showing the USO kept feezing every 5 seconds. It was soo annoying. I hope to go this year and maybe we will see each other. In the event that we both witness nadal and federer playing against each other and we are sitting next to each other, I promise not to get physical. :)

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 09:29 AM

nobody can achieve that goal

:rolleyes:
10 char

CCNM
05-14-2009, 09:34 AM
I've heard that Fed is very generous with his fans. I guess Mirka has two babies to take care of now??:lol:

KoolBeans
05-14-2009, 09:34 AM
This "article" is a total joke. It is not arrogant to stay in a luxury hotel if you are worth millions of dollars, It is not arrogant to have someone working for you. Its obviously (being spanish) a biased view towards Federer with the attempt (for the thousandth time) to make nadal look soooooo much better than him.

Its totally pathetic, nobody here, not many in the whole world knows what it is like to be the greatest in a TOP sport for FOUR years. You must literally be held as a God among men. Nadal is not near that status yet, all new champions etc are extra nice to fans, doing photos etc etc etc they are basking in their new success.

I don't think anyone in these positions are doing anything wrong to be honest.

KB x

aphex
05-14-2009, 09:35 AM
^^^^ She has a Death Grip on that distinction (Nadal_Freak in a close second place)

at least n_f is honest about his hatred...

on the other hand, veroniquem always mixes in some fake attempts to be "impartial" in order to mask her blatant insanity

KoolBeans
05-14-2009, 09:37 AM
at least n_f is honest about his hatred...

on the other hand, veroniquem always mixes in some fake attempts to be "impartial" in order to mask her blatant insanity

HAHA ive only been here a few days and i already know this.

gzhpcu
05-14-2009, 09:38 AM
However, he did the same thing during the Olympic games. While all other athletes stayed at the Olympic village, he stayed in a luxury hotel. The Olympics is a team effort, you need to stay with the other athletes from your country...

drakulie
05-14-2009, 09:38 AM
HAHA ive only been here a few days and i already know this.

^^^^^^^^^^ I rest my case.

Nanshiki
05-14-2009, 09:40 AM

Did you think we'd assume you knew them (biblically)?

aphex
05-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Did you think we'd assume you knew them (biblically)?

fudge that was funny

maybe she thought we'd think (in.her.imagination.ly)

Nanshiki
05-14-2009, 09:45 AM

That's actually...kind of strange.

Unless he has some sort of social disorder that he's kept under wraps for all these years, which doesn't seem likely... Or maybe she just has sort of crazy dominatrix personality. Maybe Roger's a little M?

drakulie
05-14-2009, 09:46 AM

The same person you know, "who works for Federer", told me you don't know him at all and are making stuff up. He also told me many much worse things about you that I can't share here on the internet.

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 09:48 AM
However, he did the same thing during the Olympic games. While all other athletes stayed at the Olympic village, he stayed in a luxury hotel. The Olympics is a team effort, you need to stay with the other athletes from your country...

He has stayed at the village in the past, forgot which year though.

aphex
05-14-2009, 09:49 AM
That's actually...kind of strange.

Unless he has some sort of social disorder that he's kept under wraps for all these years, which doesn't seem likely... Or maybe she just has sort of crazy dominatrix personality. Maybe Roger's a little M?

yeah strange..the top athlete in the world has a strict dietary regimen...

i know-crazy!!!

that arrogant bustard

aphex
05-14-2009, 09:51 AM
The same person you know, "who works for Federer", told me you don't know him at all and are making stuff up. He also told me many much worse things about you that I can't share here on the internet.

oh yeah..............i know that guy too (professionally)

gzhpcu
05-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Here is the orginal article in El Pais:

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/soledad/Federer/elpepidep/20090513elpepidep_8/Tes

Nanshiki
05-14-2009, 09:52 AM
The diet part isn't what's strange, it's the fact that his WIFE orders the food for him while he just sits there and says nothing.

That's the sort of behavior you'd expect from a junior player, or a child in general. But I guess you can't expect to become all that mature when become incredibly rich from playing a game that you're considered to be one of the greatest ever in...

(and I'm still a Federer fan FWIW)

seffina
05-14-2009, 09:53 AM
However, he did the same thing during the Olympic games. While all other athletes stayed at the Olympic village, he stayed in a luxury hotel. The Olympics is a team effort, you need to stay with the other athletes from your country...Federer did the staying in the village thing already and he said he enjoyed the experience very much. But you get hackled all the time when you live in the village. Rafa might not stay in the village in 2012 either.

In the end, I don't care about Fed's personal life to like or dislike him based on second hand reports. I like him first and foremost as a tennis player and will continue to do so. These personal things are just not that important especially since I don't think it's wise to believe everything that's written.

gzhpcu
05-14-2009, 09:55 AM
And in this article from El Pais:

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/Federer/Estoy/convencido/puedo/ganar/Nadal/tierra/elpepudep/20090510elpepudep_9/Tes

Federer says, he is convinced he can beat Nadal on clay, and his primary objectives this year are to win Roland Garros for the first time and regain his Wimbledon crown.

MichaelChang
05-14-2009, 09:55 AM
She also reported seeing Federer walking off the practise court with both hands in his pockets while Luthi ran behind trying to keep up with him carrying both bags for him.

Can she prove what she said? Or you just making things up?

Instead, see this thread
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=260459
and the pictures of Fed's training:
http://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/federer-geheimtraining-in-zuerich-118517
At least Fed carries the 2 bags HIMSELF in that training.

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 09:57 AM
And in this article from El Pais:

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/Federer/Estoy/convencido/puedo/ganar/Nadal/tierra/elpepudep/20090510elpepudep_9/Tes

Federer says, he is convinced he can beat Nadal on clay, and his primary objectives this year are to win Roland Garros for the first time and regain his Wimbledon crown.

I'm not so sure how accurate you're translations are and your threads recently have brought about a lot of flaming, but veroniquem is certainly going to laugh her *** off with that comment if its true.

I'll do it for her anways...LMAO!!!

gzhpcu
05-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Federer is a great player who finds himself in a crisis. What he needs is a coach to help him find his old form. Why not Lundgren, who really knows him, and brought him to number one?

drakulie
05-14-2009, 10:02 AM
oh yeah..............i know that guy too (professionally)

what did he tell you?? Care to share??? :)

skip1969
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
well, when a reporter asks you, what else are you gonna say?

"yeah, i suck on clay. i don't know why i even bother anymore. nadal always kicks my *ss. but the paychecks are nice."

as far as his objectives . . . well, haven't those been his primary goals for the last five years?? what's new there?

sureshs
05-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Mirka might be ordering for him out of habit. Haven't you seen couples in which one of them says "just order for me honey."

aphex
05-14-2009, 10:24 AM
what did he tell you?? Care to share??? :)

never on the internet!!!!!!!

veroniquem might tell him i told you _

all three of us know the fantasy guy after all...

what a coincidence!

drakulie
05-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Mirka might be ordering for him out of habit. Haven't you seen couples in which one of them says "just order for me honey."

Or she could be ordering for him because she likes to be in control.
Women>>>>> can't live with them, or without them, & they can't pee standing up.

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 10:37 AM
I've been known to root for Fed and bash Fed. If he's going to be bashed could we pick something that's worhty of being bashed and not his keeping to himself? Many people keep to themselves and like to be served upon. The recent post on More Arrogance from Fed showed Fed had his priorities straight. I believe Fed is arrogant but choosing to bash him for keeping to himself, being served upon, and wanting to be with his family are not the smartest way to go about bashing Fed. Instead I think we should be mocking him for the now famous FEDERER WALK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kczi7QV5-Q).

wangs78
05-14-2009, 10:39 AM
This "article" is a total joke. It is not arrogant to stay in a luxury hotel if you are worth millions of dollars, It is not arrogant to have someone working for you. Its obviously (being spanish) a biased view towards Federer with the attempt (for the thousandth time) to make nadal look soooooo much better than him.

KB x

I also want to point out that the Spaniards are remarkably hostile towards outsiders. It's common knowledge that they are the most "racist" of European countries, particularly from a sport spectator perspective. Now, I put the word racist in quotes because it is debatable exactly how racist they are, but it is well known that the Spanish like using racial epithets against foreign athletes, especially when the event is between a Spanish team/player vs a foreign one.

drakulie
05-14-2009, 10:39 AM
^^^You're just a Travolta Hater.

Tennis_Bum
05-14-2009, 10:40 AM

You can't hammer reasons into her tiny head because it's filled with images of Nadal picking his *****. So her reasoning is quite blurry to say the least.

I have read a lot of things about what people have heard about Fed but you have to take things with a couple grains of salt. You can't believe everything you read, especially you have to consider the sources.

Even if it was true, there was nothing wrong with Mirka ordering food for Fed. Simply because he probably tried it before and people kept asking him so many questions the next you know 1 hour past and Fed didn't get his food and he had to go train. I am speculating of course, but the point is people dissect so much of what Fed does nowadays. That is fine, to each his own. But again folks, you can't believe everything you hear or read.

deltox
05-14-2009, 10:42 AM

USO last year he was fine and spent some time with my son signing his autograph and having a small talk conversation with him. i guess it depends on the time and place for him to be met.

Roddick and Safin were the most overfriendly when my son asked for an autograph. on the other hand, rafael nadal and andy murray spent the least time signing autographs after their practice court time (on that partiocular day) followed by roger who spent almost as little time with the fans. like i said safin and roddick spent mass time with the fans after their practice court time. haas also spent alot of time with the fans although not as much as roddick/safin.

skip1969
05-14-2009, 10:43 AM
i wish someone would order for me. (and pay, too)

drakulie
05-14-2009, 10:48 AM
^^^^I wonder who orders the food when Veroniquem and Nadal_Freak go to McDonalds for lunch????

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
^^^You're just a Travolta Hater.

You pegged me but I do like to stay alive.

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 10:54 AM
I've been known to root for Fed and bash Fed. If he's going to be bashed could we pick something that's worhty of being bashed and not his keeping to himself? Many people keep to themselves and like to be served upon. The recent post on More Arrogance from Fed showed Fed had his priorities straight. I believe Fed is arrogant but choosing to bash him for keeping to himself, being served upon, and wanting to be with his family are not the smartest way to go about bashing Fed. Instead I think we should be mocking him for the now famous FEDERER WALK.

LMAO!
10 char

Gugafan_Redux
05-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Instead I think we should be mocking him for the now famous FEDERER WALK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kczi7QV5-Q).

MY EYES!!! CANNOTT UNSEEE!!
:shock:

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 10:58 AM
I wish I could take credit for having posted the link first but it's already been posted here numerous times. I have a feeling this video will continue to get posted for a long time.

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 11:00 AM
I wish I could take credit for having posted the link first but it's already been posted here numerous times. I have a feeling this video will continue to get posted for a long time.

When that video was first posted here, it didn't seem to be that much response.

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 11:08 AM

I hope others can share in the joy. I actually think that people who are willing to look silly can't be all that arrogant. It shows they don't take themselves to seriously. But then he shows up at interviews and I think man, get over yourself.

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 11:10 AM
I hope others can share in the joy. I actually think that people who are willing to look silly can't be all that arrogant. It shows they don't take themselves to seriously. But then he shows up at interviews and I think man, get over yourself.

he's quite a complex character, isn't he? lol.

Chopin
05-14-2009, 11:17 AM

OMG someone carries his tennis bags! Wow! What an awful person. That poor guy who Federer probably pays lots of money--how awful for him. Way to call out the injustices in the world veroniquem.

seffina
05-14-2009, 11:19 AM

I remember laughing my finely shaped derriere off. That and the Novak nipple tassel videos are both keepers.

For any who might have missed it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_sdHjBf_H8

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I remember laughing my finely shaped derriere off. That and the Novak nipple tassel videos are both keepers.

My wife and I couldn't stop laughing at the Djokovic one you linked. There was a whole thread dedicated to it. Here is my favorite Djokovic video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PenlbW5VWs

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 11:29 AM
My wife and I couldn't stop laughing at the Djokovic one you linked. There was a whole thread dedicated to it. Here is my favorite Djokovic video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PenlbW5VWs

OMG...LMAO!!!

VivalaVida
05-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah BS. :rolleys: Dont make Luthi seem like a slave. He probably makes 5 times the amount money you or anyone on this board makes. Also, I have seem federer lug around his own stuff most of the time he practices. :rolleyes"

Gorecki
05-14-2009, 11:32 AM
how arrogant of Fed to let himself be trash talked by a Newspaper... :)

if it was Rafa he would have never let that go! because he is humble!

Gorecki
05-14-2009, 11:36 AM

i was told by my aunt's cousin that she heard form a neigbour who walked by a tennis club and heard people talking that Fed never snezzes himslef out of snot... Mirka does it for him! can you believe that creepy arrogant bum... he wont even hold a kellenex himself...

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Does anyone have funny Murray or Nadal links? I wouldn't want offend any one by keeping them out of this.

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 11:39 AM
i was told by my aunt's cousin that she heard form a neigbour who walked by a tennis club and heard people talking that Fed never snezzes himslef out of snot... Mirka does it for him! can you believe that creepy arrogant bum... he wont even hold a kellenex himself...

I can't stop laughing. Now my kids are laughing along with me. Ha! I don't think my youngest knows why he's laughing.

oneleggedcardinal
05-14-2009, 11:42 AM

Some not so subtle PR I see. Nothing wrong with that. ;-}

vtmike
05-14-2009, 11:57 AM
OMG someone carries his tennis bags! Wow! What an awful person. That poor guy who Federer probably pays lots of money--how awful for him. Way to call out the injustices in the world veroniquem.

http://images.china.cn/images1/200708/402786.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GmLrwwIZ-NI/RY910xFcb5I/AAAAAAAAABg/26579R1rWhM/s400/Federer-+tsunami-cuddalore+01.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GmLrwwIZ-NI/RY9zCBFcb4I/AAAAAAAAABQ/QuhjDjhTGCk/s400/ibc_india_6838-2.jpg

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Well other players carry their own bags. I don't think a coach is supposed to be a porter.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Can she prove what she said? Or you just making things up?

Instead, see this thread
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=260459
and the pictures of Fed's training:
http://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/federer-geheimtraining-in-zuerich-118517
At least Fed carries the 2 bags HIMSELF in that training.
She's certainly telling the truth about Madrid, she would have no reason to lie and it is corroborated as well by the newspaper.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 12:06 PM
I bet. Last year, our school was messed up and the channel that was showing the USO kept feezing every 5 seconds. It was soo annoying. I hope to go this year and maybe we will see each other. In the event that we both witness nadal and federer playing against each other and we are sitting next to each other, I promise not to get physical. :)
Ha ha that's a good one! I'm afraid I can't reciprocate :lol:

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Ha ha that's a good one! I'm afraid I can't reciprocate :lol:

lol, that's okay. I have super duper defense skills....like rafa.

maximo
05-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Federer is a snob.

Chopin
05-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Well other players carry their own bags. I don't think a coach is supposed to be a porter.

Exactly veroniquem. Because Federer has a guy who he pays money to carry some of his bags on occasion, he's a bad person. You just call it like it is! The only thing worse is his involvement with the Roger Federer Foundation to help under-privileged children. That Federer is bad, bad, bad!

Funny how he keeps on winning sportsmanship awards and how much Nadal and almost ever other pro praises Federer as a nice guy. I'm glad we have you here with your extensive inside knowledge to help us see through the lies!

TheNatural
05-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Exactly veroniquem. Because Federer has a guy who he pays money to carry some of his bags on occasion, he's a bad person. You just call it like it is! The only thing worse is his involvement with the Roger Federer Foundation to help under-privileged children. That Federer is bad, bad, bad!

Funny how he keeps on winning sportsmanship awards and how much Nadal and almost ever other pro praises Federer as a nice guy. I'm glad we have you here with your extensive inside knowledge to help us see through the lies!

I saw Fed walking to practice in about 2001 when Lundgren was his coach and he was carrying his own bag. I guess back then he didn't have enough spare money to pay people to carry his bags.:shock:

mandy01
05-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Veronoique I've read DOZENS of articles,blogs and fan reports where he's been reported to carry his own bags.He actually cleans up the court after he comes to practice if it has been left the way it is ...even the place near the fence and does it even after he's done practicing.From what I know-not many players do that themselves.
To me, its the first time I've read something like that and since its in Spanish it loses credibility for me.
As for your professional acquaintance..I have my doubts but I'll let it be.
Does it actually occur to you that Luthi and Mirka might be offering to do some of the things for him? Also,he dosent get an entourage with him because he prefers to practice in private for most of his time these days.Till 08 he had his coach(whenever he had one),Pierre,Reto,his dad,Mirka,sometimes Godsick and all of 'em with him.

gj011
05-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Federer is a snob.

Very short and straight to the point. I would just add, Federer is an arrogant snob.

Also article is right on the money. Good job from Spanish newspaper. It is time that someone in the media says the truth about Federer.

gj011
05-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Veronoique I've read DOZENS of articles,blogs and fan reports where he's been reported to carry his own bags.He actually cleans up the court after he comes to practice if it has been left the way it is ...even the place near the fence and does it even after he's done practicing.From what I know-not many players do that themselves.
To me, its the first time I've read something like that and since its in Spanish it loses credibility for me.
Does it actually occur to you that Luthi and Mirka might be offering to do some of the things for him? Also,he dosent get an entourage with him because he prefers to practice in private for most of his time these days.Till 08 he had his coach(whenever he had one),Pierre,Reto,his dad,Mirka,sometimes Godsick and all of 'em with him.

We saw in Miami how much Federer cares about court cleanliness and how he picks up bottles he throws during changeovers.

kobe3pointer
05-14-2009, 03:47 PM
All this means is that Federer is focusing on his game more. And doesn't need distractions

Chopin
05-14-2009, 03:58 PM
I saw Fed walking to practice in about 2001 when Lundgren was his coach and he was carrying his own bag. I guess back then he didn't have enough spare money to pay people to carry his bags.:shock:

Wow, sir. What a post! You win a wooden nickel!

mandy01
05-14-2009, 04:00 PM
We saw in Miami how much Federer cares about court cleanliness and how he picks up bottles he throws during changeovers.
Roger is one of the nicest players to the ball kids and really,if one match tells you everything then so be it.I've heard too much from you and I havent done this before but I'm going to start ignoring you.Your criticism is downright baseless.

gj011
05-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Roger is one of the nicest players to the ball kids and really,if one match tells you everything then so be it.I've heard too much from you and I havent done this before but I'm going to start ignoring you.Your criticism is downright baseless.

By what criteria is Federer "one of the nicest players to the ball kids" :shock:
Not based on what I saw. The only players worse to the ball kids are probably Roddick (often rude, throws towel on the court after he is finished with it, for ball kids to pick up) and Tsonga who is blaming them for his losses.

mandy01
05-14-2009, 04:13 PM
By what criteria is Federer "one of the nicest players to the ball kids" :shock:
Not based on what I saw. The only players worse to the ball kids are probably Roddick (often rude, throws towel on the court after he is finished with it, for ball kids to pick up) and Tsonga who is blaming them for his losses.
Read some of the previous threads from the previous years..its all been mentioned.:roll:

Mansewerz
05-14-2009, 04:18 PM
It is a spanish article.....

colonelforbin
05-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Wow! A spanish newspaper criticizing Federer. Who would've thunk it!

colonelforbin
05-14-2009, 04:29 PM
Wow! A spanish newspaper criticizing Federer! Who would've thunk it!

And on the slavery issue, I'm glad this is finally coming to light. Just last summer I was at my local country club where a golfer about to embark on the course offered to PAY me $100 to CARRY his clubs around the course as he played. At the time I couldn't believe it. Did he really expect me to be his slave?? But unable to find a way out of the situation I reluctantly obliged. So I trudged behind him for eighteen holes, in utter shock at what was happening. At the end of the day I was $100 richer, but alas, I had lost my dignity. Since this incident, I have done research on the subject, and this underground slavery ring is actually something known as caddying. I'm not sure if anyone here is familiar with it, but if not, you should be. It's an atrocity that has gone unnoticed in the golf world for far too long. I am shocked to find that Federer is also engaged in such a despicable activity.

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Read some of the previous threads from the previous years..its all been mentioned.:roll:

because of that one event, roger is now considered awful to ball kids. lmao!!!

Dilettante
05-14-2009, 04:55 PM
Wow! A spanish newspaper criticizing Federer! Who would've thunk it!

Not me.

In fact, Federer is often praised by most of Spanish press. And you should hear some Spanish TV tennis commentators, they've been in awe with Fed for years. Even now when Nadal is the #1 they're still speaking of Fed as a "genius" and so.

That "El Pais" stuff would be more the exception, than the rule.

colonelforbin
05-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Not me.

In fact, Federer is often praised by most of Spanish press. And you should hear some Spanish TV tennis commentators, they've been in awe with Fed for years. Even now when Nadal is the #1 they're still speaking of Fed as a "genius" and so.

That "El Pais" stuff would be more the exception, than the rule.

Sorry about that then, my bad. I did not mean to stereotype. I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that it is important to take into account potential biases of articles when evaluating their credibility.

drakulie
05-14-2009, 05:06 PM
roger does kupa

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Look I know you'll defend him no matter what. I just report what I heard. After that, people are free to do whatever they want with the information, I don't care.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 05:15 PM
because of that one event, roger is now considered awful to ball kids. lmao!!!
The thing with the ball kids: throwing the empty bottles over his shoulder for them to pick up happened at least twice that I saw: at Wimbledon 2008 and at Miami 2009. That is the 2 times they have shown it on TV. I have no idea if it's something he usually does or not but it is definitely rude.

Dilettante
05-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Sorry about that then, my bad. I did not mean to stereotype. I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that it is important to take into account potential biases of articles when evaluating their credibility.

Of course I'm sure there may be some biased journalists, and I'm sure the guy who wrote that article was biased, for sure.

I just pointed that the common attitude in Spanish press is admiration and respect towards Federer. Also, everyone in Spain knows about Federer keeping Nadal from #1 for years with the most brilliant game; tennis fans remember that and press remember that.

The fact Federer is Nadal's main rival didn't change press attitude towards the Swiss. Of course you'll always find some biased arseholes, among journalists just like among fans. But they're the exception. There's a huge respect for Federer in Spain. Huge.

mandy01
05-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Look I know you'll defend him no matter what. I just report what I heard. After that, people are free to do whatever they want with the information, I don't care. I highly doubt it...untill I hear,on a personal level,something similar to what you alluded to,I just dont have a reason to believe you.
And I doubt anybody working for Roger will speak to you :mrgreen:
Roger has a clear rule for those working for him-They arent supposed to go talking to people telling them how he works.His life off the court is strictly private.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 05:31 PM
I highly doubt it...untill I hear,on a personal level,something similar to what you alluded to,I just dont have a reason to believe you.
And I doubt anybody working for Roger will speak to you :mrgreen:
Roger has a clear rule for those working for him-They arent supposed to go talking to people telling them how he works.His life off the court is strictly private.
He spoke to me because he wanted to learn French and that's my job, I teach adults French. Look you don't have to believe me. I really don't care if you believe me or not. As I said in my other post you're free.

mandy01
05-14-2009, 05:31 PM
The thing with the ball kids: throwing the empty bottles over his shoulder for them to pick up happened at least twice that I saw: at Wimbledon 2008 and at Miami 2009. That is the 2 times they have shown it on TV. I have no idea if it's something he usually does or not but it is definitely rude.
Sorry never saw anything at Wimbledon 08...
Anyway,Roger flicks bottles often but most of the times they land straight into the dustbin :lol:
I guess when he's overtly disturbed he misses the shot,in that case :lol:

mandy01
05-14-2009, 05:33 PM
He spoke to me because he wanted to learn French and that's my job, I teach adults French. Look you don't have to believe me. I really don't care if you believe me or not. As I said in my other post you're free.Why would he speak to you about Roger?
Anyway,I'll leave it that :mrgreen:

Edit-Random OT stuff-I love mrgreen emoticon :mrgreen:

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Why would he speak to you about Roger?
Anyway,I'll leave it that :mrgreen:

Edit-Random OT stuff-I love mrgreen emoticon :mrgreen:
Because he worked for Roger so he talked about it during our French conversations.

T1000
05-14-2009, 05:44 PM

I'm pretty sure djokovic hit a ball girl.

T1000
05-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Very short and straight to the point. I would just add, Federer is an arrogant snob.

Also article is right on the money. Good job from Spanish newspaper. It is time that someone in the media says the truth about Federer.

Djokovic is an arrogant snob. So are his parents. They feel the need to talk in mathes when they aren't supposed to

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Not on purpose (if you're referring to the incident I'm thinking of) and he apologized nicely afterwards.

slicekick95
05-14-2009, 05:52 PM

Are you serious? That was an ACCIDENT. he shanked a return and it hit her. he went over, apologised and im pretty sure the ball girl would have thought the hug was worth getting hit:)

mandy01
05-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Because he worked for Roger so he talked about it during our French conversations. I told you before anybody working for Roger isnt allowed to talk much .Only Paganinni talks occasionaly of how Roger's been raining .For instance he spoke last year of what they did to recover from the sickness and be fit to play.that too in French and too the Swiss media,so it hardly got out much..Sorry,the possibility is in the negatives..not even zero :mrgreen: Its not me who says it-its a clear rule.Roger is a strictly private person.

T1000
05-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Not on purpose (if you're referring to the incident I'm thinking of) and he apologized nicely afterwards.

I'm referring to the on (Madrid v Verdasco when he was wearing that white blue and orange yoc shirt) I'm just showing that ridiculous accusations can be made both ways. Still waiting to be called a troll, hypocrite, and a liar all at the same time

T1000
05-14-2009, 05:54 PM
Are you serious? That was an ACCIDENT. he shanked a return and it hit her. he went over, apologised and im pretty sure the ball girl would have thought the hug was worth getting hit:)

It was a joke, calm down buddy. I wanted to hug that ball girl though :)

vtmike
05-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Federer is a snob.

:roll: ^^^

Look I know you'll defend him no matter what. I just report what I heard. After that, people are free to do whatever they want with the information, I don't care.

http://images.china.cn/images1/200708/402786.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GmLrwwIZ-NI/RY910xFcb5I/AAAAAAAAABg/26579R1rWhM/s400/Federer-+tsunami-cuddalore+01.jpg

:rolleyes:

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 06:00 PM

oh this is funny.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I told you before anybody working for Roger isnt allowed to talk much .Only Paganinni talks occasionaly of how Roger's been raining .For instance he spoke last year of what they did to recover from the sickness and be fit to play.that too in French and too the Swiss media,so it hardly got out much..Sorry,the possibility is in the negatives..not even zero :mrgreen: Its not me who says it-its a clear rule.Roger is a strictly private person.
Lol this guy worked for other people not just Roger and I don't think he was sworn to silence like with the mafia!! :lol:

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:02 PM
oh this is funny.
Why is it funny?

Mansewerz
05-14-2009, 06:03 PM

Ditto to this. My comment was not meant to be racist/stereotypical, just trying to point out (possible) biases.

vtmike
05-14-2009, 06:04 PM

oh this is funny.

Yeah...

http://theinsanityreport.com/images/pot_kettle.jpg

mandy01
05-14-2009, 06:05 PM
Lol this guy worked for other people not just Roger and I don't think he was sworn to silence like with the mafia!! :lol: sorry..like I said..negative possibility..Roger's private life is kept private only and those who work for him respect that.Thats the reason I dont believe it.:mrgreen: You can call it mafia-like if you want.
Anyway,I'll leave it at that,like I said.

vtmike
05-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Lol this guy worked for other people not just Roger and I don't think he was sworn to silence like with the mafia!! :lol:

Ever considered the possibility of the guy respecting Federer's privacy? :-?

mandy01
05-14-2009, 06:08 PM
ROFL mike! :lol: :lol: :lol:

veroniquem
Yeah...

http://theinsanityreport.com/images/pot_kettle.jpg
I actually think Mandy01 is a very nice poster. She's a fan of Fed and she defends him, that's normal but she's not aggressive and she's easy to communicate with.

veroniquem
sorry..like I said..negative possibility..Roger's private life is kept private only and those who work for him respect that.Thats the reason I dont believe it.:mrgreen: You can call it mafia-like if you want.
Anyway,I'll leave it at that,like I said.
Fine with me!

vtmike
05-14-2009, 06:10 PM
I actually think Mandy01 is a very nice poster. She's a fan of Fed and she defends him, that's normal but she's not aggressive and she's easy to communicate with.

I agree she is a nice poster & easy to communicate with...Can't say the same about you though... :)

Nah just kidding...you may defend Rafa to death but I take your posts in good humor... ;)

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Ever considered the possibility of the guy respecting Federer's privacy? :-?
"Privacy"? I don't know what you're imagining! Their relations were mostly social not intimate.

vtmike
05-14-2009, 06:13 PM
"Privacy"? I don't know what you're imagining! Their relations were mostly social not intimate.

So only the people you are intimate with respect your privacy? You must have some pathetic backstabbing friends then... :-?

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:14 PM
I agree she is a nice poster & easy to communicate with...Can't say the same about you though... :)

Nah just kidding...you may defend Rafa to death but I take your posts in good humor... ;)
Thanks. It's all in good fun you know (although it doesn't always seem like it!!)

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
So only the people you are intimate with respect your privacy? You must have some pathetic backstabbing friends then... :-?
You don't understand. I don't think he knew anything about Fed's intimacy. There was no indiscretion. As I said their interaction was a social one.

mandy01
05-14-2009, 06:21 PM
You don't understand. I don't think he knew anything about Fed's intimacy. There was no indiscretion. As I said their interaction was a social one.
In that case,he isnt very well informed and knows barely anything about Roger's work ethic :mrgreen:

RoddickAce
05-14-2009, 06:28 PM
How Dare He?
How Dare He Have Only 1 Person Accompany Him Instead Of 5.
That Azzhole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLZ, good one, when I read the first few lines, I was like...:confused:, ok so Nadal had 5 people, Federer must've had like 20 people with him then? After reading the article, I was like...so what's the point of mentioning that Rafa had 5 people with him?

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:33 PM
In that case,he isnt very well informed and knows barely anything about Roger's work ethic :mrgreen:
Ha ha OK Mandy no problem. People's opinions are just that anyway, not absolute truths.
That reminds me, one day, I taught an actress who had made a film with an actor I was a big fan of, she told me so many terrible things about him, I was appalled, it took me months to recover... I could never think about the guy in the same way ever again!

mandy01
05-14-2009, 06:40 PM
^^ I wouldnt believe her if I were you :mrgreen: :lol:
Not everybody has good experiences with everyone.Dosent mean they are bad.
I'm very hard to please in real life and most of the times I dont like the people I meet.. I pretty much dont like 99 out of the 100 people I meet :lol:.I have a very small circle of close friends and very specific criteria.
It dosent mean the people I dont like assume a certain character.Thats why I dont believe peoples' gossips so easily untill I myself experience something to that effect.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:44 PM
^^ I wouldnt believe her if I were you :mrgreen: :lol:
Not everybody has good experiences with everyone.Dosent mean they are bad.
I'm very hard to please in real life and most of the times I dont like the people I meet.. I pretty much dont like 99 out of the 100 people I meet :lol:.I have a very small circle of close friends and very specific criteria.
It dosent mean the people I dont like assume a certain character.Thats why I dont believe peoples' gossips so easily untill I myself experience something to that effect.
Well trust me, the things she told me were the kind of bad you can't ignore, I mean SERIOUS bad!

mandy01
05-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Well trust me, the things she told me were the kind of bad you can't ignore, I mean SERIOUS bad! wow..really? whats the deal? PM me :wink: You 're getting me curious now :twisted:

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:51 PM
wow..really? whats the deal? PM me :wink: You 're getting me curious now :twisted:
Sorry but I promised I would never tell. I can't break my word but it did traumatize me a little.

Dilettante
05-14-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi girls, are you just... telling secrets?

mandy01
05-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Sorry but I promised I would never tell. I can't break my word but it did traumatize me a little.
sheesh,you care much about these type of promises :cry: :cry:

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi girls, are you just... telling secrets?
NOT telling secrets but still a fun chat :)

mandy01
05-14-2009, 06:56 PM
who's the actor though ? :mrgreen:

oneleggedcardinal
05-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Ha ha OK Mandy no problem. People's opinions are just that anyway, not absolute truths.
That reminds me, one day, I taught an actress who had made a film with an actor I was a big fan of, she told me so many terrible things about him, I was appalled, it took me months to recover... I could never think about the guy in the same way ever again!

It was this this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA), wasn't it? ;-]

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:58 PM
sheesh,you care much about these type of promises :cry: :cry:
Sure, don't you? I wouldn't betray somebody's trust.

Dilettante
05-14-2009, 06:58 PM
NOT telling secrets but still a fun chat :)

"Tell me tell me TELL ME"

http://cimacollina.com/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/laughing%20kid.jpg

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 06:59 PM
It was this this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrvMTv_r8sA), wasn't it? ;-]
That is so funny! No it is not Christian Bale but he is good-looking too...

mandy01
05-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Sure, don't you? I wouldn't betray somebody's trust. Nah :twisted: Basically I dont allow people to gossip when with me.Sensible talk or nothing.

Serendipitous
05-14-2009, 07:09 PM
Edited....10 chars

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Edited....10 chars
Me too, the first days are great.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Nah :twisted: Basically I dont allow people to gossip when with me.Sensible talk or nothing.
I like gossiping but when people make you promise you have to be trustworthy.

RalphNYC
05-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Fed is trying to focus and really (really really) wants to get himself into the zone for the French Open which starts very soon. He considers it his last realistic chance to win it. And it will change history if he does. If he has the resources to let other people take care of life's details right now and if doesn't want to hang out in the barracks and talk about the ball girls' outfits with the other guys, then god bless him. At least that's what I heard.

DarthFed
05-14-2009, 07:28 PM

This is the only important post in this topic...im now curious to see what Seffina looks like..:oops:

Other than that..*yawn* same old over analyzing crap focusing on things that have nothing to do with whether the guy can hit a tennis ball or not

raygo
05-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Fans are an interesting bunch. People who worship...other people. :confused: At least religions promise you something in exchange.

Pwned
05-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Fans are an interesting bunch. People who worship...other people. :confused: At least religions promise you something in exchange.

fan: an ardent admirer or enthusiast.

Where does worshiping come in? Please keep religion an all other fiction out of this.

TheNatural
05-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Wow, sir. What a post! You win a wooden nickel!

Thanks. I might add i saw him carry his bags in person in 2001, not on tv like you did only after he had started to win everything and you jumped on the bandwagon. :shock:

Vermillion
05-14-2009, 07:46 PM
who's Luthi?

egn
05-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks. I might add i saw him carry his bags in person in 2001, not on tv like you did only after he had started to win everything and you jumped on the bandwagon. :shock:

Amazing I imagine your eyes must have been full of tears as your idol had just lost to him centre court. =] Sorry just the year was too perfect...

Honestly people really pay that much attention to who holds whose bags? Damn than every pro golfer is an arrogant piece of ****.

veroniquem
05-14-2009, 07:50 PM
who's Luthi?
Fed's adviser. He's not a full time coach but is there at times.

egn
05-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Fed's adviser. He's not a full time coach but is there at times.

who gets paid more than most of us probably do. I would love to be Luthi carrying Fed's bags and standing there saying maybe you should hit this or do this drill and getting hundreds of thousands dollars and flying around the world with Federer on a jet. Let me at ol' arrogant Fed.

gzhpcu
05-14-2009, 08:01 PM
who's Luthi?
Lüthi is the Swiss Davis Cup captain. A friend of Federer.

raygo
05-14-2009, 08:03 PM
fan: an ardent admirer or enthusiast.

Where does worshiping come in? Please keep religion an all other fiction out of this.

Really, I thought it was a device to provide comfort during hot weather. But thanks for the definition, 'p'wned.

I don't understand the hero worship that is all over the Pro forums. What do people get out of it? Enlighten me.

wangs78
05-14-2009, 08:04 PM

Arrogant and snobby mean pretty much the same thing. So you're not adding anything. Leave it to Nadal / Djoker fans to belabor points (that aren't even defensible to begin with).

Pwned
05-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Really, I thought it was a device to provide comfort during hot weather. But thanks for the definition, 'p'wned.

I don't understand the hero worship that is all over the Pro forums. What do people get out of it? Enlighten me.

15 year olds deifying their favorite players and arguing with others online. Not much substance on here.

DarthFed
05-14-2009, 08:09 PM

This is what ive been trying to figure out for the longest...because it's creeping me out particularly some of the girls

raygo
05-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Thank you, pwned and DarthFed (love your sig, btw), for confirming my suspicions. Sorry if I was a bit rude.

TheNatural
05-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Amazing I imagine your eyes must have been full of tears as your idol had just lost to him centre court. =] Sorry just the year was too perfect...

Honestly people really pay that much attention to who holds whose bags? Damn than every pro golfer is an arrogant piece of ****.

Actually it was BEFORE he beat Sampras, well before the ******* like you discovered who Federer was, so there were no tears. I didn't pay much attention to the bags he was holding at the time, but it's in the photo I took of him walking with his bag, so it's easy to check now.;)

Chopin
05-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Stunning posts guys. So now that we've debated whether or not Federer holds his own tennis bags, do you guys want to debate whether or not brushes his teeth himself and speculate on what brand of toothpaste he uses--hopefully nothing too pretentious.

Grow up children.

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Stunning posts guys. So now that we've debated whether or not Federer holds his own tennis bags, do you guys want to debate whether or not brushes his teeth himself and speculate on what brand of toothpaste he uses--hopefully nothing too pretentious.

Grow up children.

Aquamint with bakingsoda and he does brush them himself. Once his child is old enough he will pay him or her to do it. :):):)

Chopin
05-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Aquamint with bakingsoda and he does brush them himself. Once his child is old enough he will pay him or her to do it. :):):)

That's absurd man, I heard he was spending a few extra bucks on Tom's of Maine Spearmint--that pretentious jerk!

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 10:30 PM
I still can't get over the fact that people here used Fed denying an award to spend time with his family as a sign of arrogance.

Chelsea_Kiwi
05-14-2009, 10:32 PM
The person I know who works for Fed also got me a magazine with a personalized autograph (in French!) from Fed that is very nice and I'll always treasure it.
It's not black and white at all but I do have an issue with some of Fed's attitudes and statements. Though the one time you met him you liked him. Funny how you take other opinions of him over your own.

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 10:32 PM
To Chelsea_Kiwi,
In a previous post you asked me if I knew anything about tennis. I make no claims to be an expert but I did respond to your question and gave a brief summary of my experience.

Would you please share what got you into tennis and shed some light on your tennis knowledge? I am not trying to bate you or challenge you to a tennis knowledge contest. Just wanted to know more about you.

In all honesty I know very little about tennis prior to the 80's. I logged in countless hours watching matches since the early 80's. I also work from home and tennis is on around the clock. It's been several years since Iv'e missed a Fed match and those have been due to a recorder malfunction. Recently I've started to get real down on Fed and realised I should have been enjoying Sampras's play when he was palying. I hated watching him succeed after all the times he jacked up Boris Becker yet I still watched hundreds of Pete's matches to try and mold my game. I played tennis as a junior at good enough level to qualify for state finals at the 16 and under level and other tournaments where you have to qualify to get into. I never did well enough to think I could go pro despite my parents having spent thousands of dollars on coaching ever since I was a child. I gave up on playing tennis seriously and decided to play in highschool for fun. We won our district and I was the number one player on our team my senior year. I had a slighty better than 500 hundred record but I'd have to find and dust off the old year book to say exactly what my record was. I won against the lesser to average players and got handed some major beat downs by some of the better players. I am in my thirities and play around 3 to 4 times a weak. I am overweight and slow so despite having solid strokes I can't keep up solid footwork for long and my game suffers. I've taken lessons for over 20 years (12 of those consistently) and take a lot of joy in playing. I will say I just recently played with a Teaching Pro from Saddlebrook and handed him 6-1 beat down. He wasn't expecting a short fat guy like me to know what I was doing on the court but let's just say I won't be taking lessons from him anymore. I am a huge fan of the tennis Boris Becker played and eventhough I had already been watching tennis for a while I didn't really fall in love with tennis until I saw Boris Play.

Chelsea_Kiwi
05-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Can you stop posting that everywhere I post? If you are interested you can read my post history but I am not wasting my time on you.

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Sure I'll stop posting it. I thought you would be kind enough to reply as I replied to you. Sorry for wasting your time. Enjoy your stay at Talk Tennis.

AprilFool
05-14-2009, 10:56 PM
I hate everything.

Hang in there.:)

aphex
05-14-2009, 11:40 PM
To Chelsea_Kiwi,
In a previous post you asked me if I knew anything about tennis. I make no claims to be an expert but I did respond to your question and gave a brief summary of my experience.

Would you please share what got you into tennis and shed some light on your tennis knowledge? I am not trying to bate you or challenge you to a tennis knowledge contest. Just wanted to know more about you.

just because you wrote it doesn't make it true buddy

BorisBeckerFan
05-14-2009, 11:47 PM
just because you wrote it doesn't make it true buddy

Chelsea_Kiwi already responded to me. He or She asked me not post about it anymore and I agreed. What is it that you think is not true? Chelsea_Kiwi asking me if I knew anything about tennis or me responding to the question?

Either way I would like to leave the subject alone as I agreed to stop posting on it.

aphex
05-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Chelsea_Kiwi already responded to me. He or She asked me not post about it anymore and I agreed. What is it that you think is not true? Chelsea_Kiwi asking me if I knew anything about tennis or me responding to the question?

Either way I would like to leave the subject alone as I agreed to stop posting on it.

i'm saying this little paragraph of yours that you keep parading around doesnt mean squat...it's not a credential

i could say i was the no.1 junior and add some general autobiographical stuff around that...that wouldn't make it true though, would it?

BorisBeckerFan
05-15-2009, 12:19 AM
i'm saying this little paragraph of yours that you keep parading around doesnt mean squat...it's not a credential

i could say i was the no.1 junior and add some general autobiographical stuff around that...that wouldn't make it true though, would it?

Understood. You don't have to believe it. I was asked and I answered. I am not trying to give credentials since regardless of one's credentials, stats given in a debate in regard to pro tennis can all be checked for accuracy on various websites and most of the other comments are subjective so credentials or not, stats are stats and opinions are opinions regardless who they are comming from. I could easily have said I am great 6.0 player who is also a tennis historian and made up all kinds of lies if I wanted to flaunt credentials. My purpose for parading it around was so that Chelsea_Kiwi would see it since he or she doesn't take e-mails.
As threads get added onto many questions are unseen. I upset Chelsea_Kiwi and wanted let him or her know that I did respond to their question and had one of my own. My parading as you call it was excessive and when asked to stop I did. Plus there's nothing really impressive about any of the things I wrote that could be used as credentials. I'm sure many people here have been watching tennis longer than I have, play bettter than I ever have, and know more than I ever will. Was there something in my thread that stood out as far fetched? There's nothing really impressive there.

ignigena
05-15-2009, 05:40 AM
I also want to point out that the Spaniards are remarkably hostile towards outsiders. It's common knowledge that they are the most "racist" of European countries, particularly from a sport spectator perspective. Now, I put the word racist in quotes because it is debatable exactly how racist they are, but it is well known that the Spanish like using racial epithets against foreign athletes, especially when the event is between a Spanish team/player vs a foreign one.

Your statements come from a lack of knowledge about the issue. Spain has had one of the greatest increase in inmigration rate in all the world in the last 7 years or less, imo I think that, with some disgraceful exceptions, it has been done well, and specially coming from a country that just 35 years ago was not democratic. We still dont have the problems that had aroused in other parts of Europe, that came because the children of the inmigrants dont have the same posibilities than the rest of the population. In Spain I dont know if we are going to be able to change that, now that we have had the chance to see some of the upcoming issues in the transition, but because a big number of those inmigrants share our language, i want to believe that will help. Anyway, my point is, Spanish people are not racist in general terms, we obiously, have our share of one minded nacionalistics stupids, as most countries around the world.

I totally agree with you in that in sports, where most of them sadly are concentrated, i dont know why, there are awful displays of stupidity. By saying " Now, I put the word racist in quotes because it is debatable exactly how racist they are, but it is well known that the Spanish like using racial epithets against foreign athletes, especially when the event is between a Spanish team/player vs a foreign one" you are giving as a matter of fact that spanish people are racist. And that wangs, imho, is racism, not "racism".

papucla10
05-15-2009, 06:45 AM
He may be doing this because he wants to concentrate, I guess he does not want people to see what is he training on, I mean he has improved in the last tournaments so whatever he is doing is working, when you are struggling you need to find a way to get out of the bad situation and if talking to no one and having some lonely times work for him then be it, I think he also wants to avoid the distractions of fans telling hi that he can do it when he knows it is not that easy.