PDA

View Full Version : Roddick v Federer - two newly-weds going at it

tvp900
05-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Once again Roddick and Federer will play in Madrid. But interestingly, it's only their first meeting on clay. With Fed's rapid decline and Roddick's month long break, who has the advantage? I'm interested in both sides of the issue.

KoolBeans
05-14-2009, 10:19 AM
haha rapid decline, dont be silly.

Roddicks worst surface, mixed with federers dominance of him.........

Im pretty sure Federer will win comfortably. But who knows, anything can happen!

KB

RalphNYC
05-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Who's Federer? Does he play tennis?

MajinX
05-14-2009, 11:23 AM
lol who woulda thought we would ever see a federer vs roddick on clay, this is gonna be an exciting and entertaining one at the very least. but no matter who wins, i dont see anyone giving either players credit for making the semis.... i can already see ppl saying federer had a cakewalk and roddick only had to beat a declining fed.

seffina
05-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Two newlyweds going at it. What else do you expect?

ty slothrop
05-14-2009, 11:50 AM
where I come from, two newlyweds going at it usually occurs indoors in private -- or perhaps on a secluded beach...

Mick
05-14-2009, 12:50 PM
i don't see how federer can lose this match but if he does, he will have a lot of explaining to do :)

RalphNYC
05-14-2009, 01:00 PM
If Andy could only generate Nadal's topsin, he could do the old hit-to-Fed's-balckhand-constantly routine and walk away with some breakfast foods.

GameSampras
05-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Fed can beat A-Fraud with one hand tied behind his back.

Fed declining? He just put a stomping on Blake and made him look like a high school player.

I agree it looks like Fed is declining... When he plays solid players like Murray, Djoker and Nadal. But when he plays bums like Roddick and Blake he looks like hes at his peak.

Outside of the top 3, Fed is 22-1 currently. Not bad for a "rapidly declining" player

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 01:21 PM

Fed declining? He just put a stomping on Blake and made him look silly

I saw parts of that match and blake was just.......horrible! No way to tell what kind of shape fed is in or what his form is based on that match.

clayman2000
05-14-2009, 01:23 PM

Fed declining? He just put a stomping on Blake and made him look like a high school player.

I agree it looks like Fed is declining... When he plays solid players like Murray, Djoker and Nadal. But when he plays bums like Roddick and Blake he looks like hes at his peak

Blake is a high school player..... well he thinks like one

How is Roddick a bum. Wait, I am actually surprised you just gave credit to Federer. Wow, i thought you ***********s say he suck

GameSampras
05-14-2009, 01:23 PM
I saw parts of that match and blake was just.......horrible! No way to tell what kind of shape fed is in or what his form is based on that match.

Are u kidding me? He made Flake look foolish. He whooped on that boy just as he always used to.

icedevil0289
05-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Are u kidding me? He made Flake look foolish. He whooped on that boy just as he always used to.

Lol. Blake was certainly flakey today. I'm still standing by what I said, though.

asafi2
05-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Blake is a high school player..... well he thinks like one

How is Roddick a bum. Wait, I am actually surprised you just gave credit to Federer. Wow, i thought you ***********s say he suck

Naw what these Sampras fans try and do is show that Federer is dominant against everyone except Murray, Jokey, and Rafa and say he isnt declining because of this. In doing so, they are trying to prove that Fed is the same, it's just that those players are better than him, and if they're better than him then he can't possibly be better than Sampras. They fail to realize that the "other" players Federer plays are also in decline...

All-rounder
05-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Spoiler threads never get old

Bud
05-14-2009, 01:38 PM
We'll see who whipped the most :)

Gugafan
05-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I have a feeling A.Rod will be dropping a few F-bombs tomorrow.

GameSampras
05-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Naw what these Sampras fans try and do is show that Federer is dominant against everyone except Murray, Jokey, and Rafa and say he isnt declining because of this. In doing so, they are trying to prove that Fed is the same, it's just that those players are better than him, and if they're better than him then he can't possibly be better than Sampras. They fail to realize that the "other" players Federer plays are also in decline...

I always said.. Take prime Nadal and put in Nadal prior to 08, Djoker, and Murray out of the equation, put the 04-07 group in and Fed, EVEN IN CURRENT FORM, grabs 3 slams a year EASILY along with almost every tournament he enters. You can deny it.. But anyone with a brain knows its true.

Where have all of Fed's losses gone so far in 09 outside of Wawrinka? Thats right to the top 3 players. The rest Fed destroys

tacou
05-14-2009, 03:01 PM
whoa what? Roddick beat Nikolay? why haven't I seen this score anywhere?

TMCW140
05-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Davydenko pulled out.
Can't see Federer having any issues- almost a nightmare for roddick, no?
Federer and clay

Giggs The Red Devil
05-14-2009, 03:21 PM

I agree it looks like Fed is declining... When he plays solid players like Murray, Djoker and Nadal. But when he plays bums like Roddick and Blake he looks like hes at his peak.

Outside of the top 3, Fed is 22-1 currently. Not bad for a "rapidly declining" player

Itís one thing to bash Federer, Iím not a fan and Federerís ego will cope, but do you have to insult all the other players on the way?

tennisboygr
05-14-2009, 03:24 PM

Can I please be a bum who has been in the top 10 for the past 6-8 years and has won a Grand Slam? Oh, and is married to Brooklyn? Please?

GameSampras
05-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Can I please be a bum who has been in the top 10 for the past 6-8 years and has won a Grand Slam? Oh, and is married to Brooklyn? Please?

Thats the point. Roddick is a glorified top 10 player. Thats all. THat all he ever was and what he will always be. Tremendously overrated. Hes a glorified "era filler". Thats about it

tennisboygr
05-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Thats the point. Roddick is a glorified top 10 player. Thats all. THat all he ever was and what he will always be. Tremendously overrated. Hes a glorified "era filler". Thats about it

Who here wouldn't want to be a "Glorified era filler"? I know I'd take it.....get to travel the world, see amazing sights, have Elton John sing at your wedding....must be nice....Yes, because anyone who makes it to the top 10 is automatically overrated. If Roddick was truly overrated, then he would've fallen out of the top 10 a year after he got there. It's hard to be overrated when you've been in the top 10 in your field of study for about a decade....

MajinX
05-14-2009, 03:45 PM

hes not that overrated, hes a former number 1, won a grandslam, multiple MS, currently ranked number 6, how should he be rated? i think hes about right for how ppl treat him, as a tier 2 top 10 player behind the top 4 right now. If federer and nadal suddenly got injured ill put roddick and djokovic tied for winning wimbledon, and djokovic murray and him tied for usopen, altho hes got no chance at the FO.

Cfidave
05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
whoa what? Roddick beat Nikolay? why haven't I seen this score anywhere?

Only way Roddick beats Davydenko on clay is if the match is handed to him......just like it was.

MFRACE
05-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Only way Roddick beats Davydenko on clay is if the match is handed to him......just like it was.

Last time they met in an ATP tournement on Clay Roddick won..

2003 St. Poelten Austria Clay F Roddick 6-3 6-2

Long time ago, but you can hardly say that the only way he can win is a walkover... unless your just talking out your a#$.

JeMar
05-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Interesting title.

Federer's not playing that well, but he'll probably still win in two.

GameSampras
05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Interesting title.

Federer's not playing that well, but he'll probably still win in two.

Does Fed even HAVE to PLAY WELL to defeat 90 some percent of the tour. Fed hasnt really been playing well ( to his standards) this whole year yet he defeats everyone outside the other top 3

MajinX
05-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Does Fed even HAVE to PLAY WELL to defeat 90 some percent of the tour. Fed hasnt really been playing well ( to his standards) this whole year yet he defeats everyone outside the other top 3

playing up to ur standards and playing well is different.... playing well is playing well, federer has high standards altho hes playing better than 90 percent of the tour he can do better, so he is playing well, just not his best. obviously u need to play well to win tho, u cant play complete crap and win unless the other player is playing more crap than you are.

bhkimm
05-14-2009, 05:25 PM
I say a 3 setter to Federer.

Nadal_Freak
05-14-2009, 05:26 PM
So Fed just got married to Roddick? That would explain some things.