PDA

View Full Version : What's with that same shirt every Adidas player is wearing...

toptalent
05-14-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm talking about the crew t-shirt with the square pattern that Verdasco's been wearing. I think it comes in a couple of different colors. But still it seems to be worn by way too many Adidas sponsored players. They seriously need to come up with a few more styles.

Storm_Kyori
05-14-2009, 10:18 PM
They are sponsored by Adidas, so they kinda have to wear the clothing they get. As for why that particular shirt, well it looks pretty cool. I wonder what the pros do with their past outfits. I would wear them, it would help to stand out and not look like every other Adidas player.

toptalent
05-14-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah it's a good shirt, but still when you wear it season after season, on hard court, on clay, in Austrilia, in Spain, and then by multiple players, it just kind of gets boring. -_-

jamesblakefan#1
05-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Yeah, they should definetly have switched to some new stuff by now. Though guys like Simon and Kohlschreiber wear different kinds of Adidas stuff.

mec46205
05-15-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm sure part of it is also tied to their business model--they're probably trying to concentrate sales around a few product lines like the Competition, Edge, and to a certain extent Response Court (although no pros play in this that I've seen) rather than dilute the sales across 6-8 different lines and risk having several of them fail. Fewer lines gives them greater opportunities to reinforce their brand through repeat product impressions to fans and viewers. I too get a little bored with the same outfits for months at time, but I understand their marketing strategy behind it. It seems to be working for them.

SempreSami
05-15-2009, 10:35 AM
The designs of their ranges stay constant with the exception of the second line featuring different colours. Then they change for the second half of Grand Slams in the season.

adidasman
05-15-2009, 12:19 PM
I've always wondered how much say the players get in which line they wear. For example, Safin and the Bryans always wear the Competition line, so i assume they're obligated to wear that stuff, whereas most of the young guys seem to be wearing the Edge line these days. But do they get to choose the colorways they prefer, or does adidas (or whichever sponsor it happens to be) tell them specifically what to wear? "OK, Fernando, in today's match you'll wear the phantom shirt with the yellow stripes.."

babolat15
05-16-2009, 08:16 PM
maybe its b/c those shirts are as hot as hell