PDA

View Full Version : quality of online tennis tv

larry10s
05-15-2009, 06:30 AM
i am quite dismayed at the quality of the video. at times it just stops other times its out of sych with the audio and other times its disjointed. anyone else have these viewing issues?

theduh
05-15-2009, 06:49 AM
^^^ It's online streaming so the quality is sub par with TV, even ATP streaming broadcast is not that good (from what I've heard). As for out of sync and disjointed or pixilating images it usually happens when the connecting is trying to buffer (think of youtube when everything is not yet loaded it would stop and then resume as soon as it load some data).

Solution is to get a high speed internet service. No buffering = no out of sync audio and disjointed players!

arnz
05-15-2009, 07:13 AM
Unfortunately its very dependent on the speed of your internet provider. I have no problems with my high speed internet at home for example, but at my job, its very choppy (probably shouldnt be watching at work anyway ;) )

There are free online pinging services to test out how fast your internet connection is BTW

Also you can lower the quality for faster loading, and try some other browser (like Firefox or Opera if you arent using those)

theduh
05-15-2009, 07:26 AM
Unfortunately its very dependent on the speed of your internet provider. I have no problems with my high speed internet at home for example, but at my job, its very choppy (probably shouldnt be watching at work anyway ;) )

There are free online pinging services to test out how fast your internet connection is BTW

Also you can lower the quality for faster loading, and try some other browser (like Firefox or Opera if you arent using those)

Arnz... Hmmm... you sound really familair, asian by chance?

myservenow
05-15-2009, 07:28 AM
I have the exact same problem as arnz, above. My home computer displays the matches fairly well, but at work the connection is choppy and stutters quite a bit.

Sometimes at home, I can get a very good picture quality. Other times, the picture quality, even under the high speed connection, is not bad, but not great.

However, in my opinion, it is much better to watch a fuzzy match than to try to wait for the results on a live scoreboard. It is much more nerve-wracking waiting on the score to pop up if you aren't watching the match.

I remember in 2000 when Agassi and Rafter played that epic Wimbledon semi. I "watched" that entire match, point by point, as it was posted on a live internet score board. I never actually saw a live point. It was torture waiting on the score to post after each point in that match.

Meanmachine22
05-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Why in the freaking hell there is not much more ATP Tennis on TV anyway ? Instead we have to play around with stupid live stream that won't work when a match gets hot......

That is a generell problem no matter in which country you live in. In Europe you get to see the WTA tour all the time.

Take Eurosport for example. This week we got the combined ( ATP & WTA ) tournament of Madrid. And what are these clowns doing ? They freaking broadcast WTA only. I mean come on ! Do they show womens tennis because it is the better athletic performance ? If you ask me WTA tennis is not even the same sport as ATP tennis. That is a shame. I wrote several emails to those "small heads " at Eurosport but somehow i didn't get an reply :oops:

Get ( ATP!! - ) tennis back on the tv-screen. I don't wanna watch the stupid Williams buttercakes moaning like old horses while trying to prtened a decent ball while we all knew that KARSTEN BRAASCH would beat the crap out of them on court even today.

Cheers

sh@de
05-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Russians are good at streaming... :p.

http://zulu.mk/kanal5-plus

high quality there mate ^.

rafan
05-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Russians are good at streaming... :p.

http://zulu.mk/kanal5-plus

high quality there mate ^.

Yes I find this great but sometimes it stops - its good at the moment with Djokovic

arnz
05-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Arnz... Hmmm... you sound really familair, asian by chance?

Hey, just saw your post. How do you think you know me?

theduh
05-16-2009, 11:44 AM
I just think that I know you from an online community that we had before. If you're Asian from SE Asia then I think you're the same person that I know.

myservenow
05-16-2009, 11:59 AM
The quality of Tennis TV today for the Madrid semi-finals matches has been atrocious. Maybe it is because of the weekend and high traffic on the site, but the live feed is about 1 hour behind for the 1 mb stream. The other feeds are just a little better.

Right now, the Nadal-Djokovic match has been over for at least 30 minutes probably more. On the video feed, the 3rd set breaker is just starting. The audio, however, is the start of the Fed-Del Potro match. Very frustrating especially after I have been bragging on it to others.

On a day like today, with the quality what it is, I don't see the point of even having it.