PDA

View Full Version : Why does Nadal have a Verdasco complex?

Cesc Fabregas
05-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Every single time Nadal has played Verdasco this year he has been nervous, tendative and generally not backing himself his shots in the ralleys with Verdasco anyone know why?

Arafel
05-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Every single time Nadal has played Verdasco this year he has been nervous, tendative and generally not backing himself his shots in the ralleys with Verdasco anyone know why?

Maybe cuz Verdasco is a lefty and a fellow Spaniard. Nadal isn't used to playing lefties, and there may be more pressure on Rafa to not lose to one of his countrymen.

vndesu
05-15-2009, 03:02 PM
im not saying nadals weak, but maybe he feels like that because they play for the same country and davis team. even with verdasco being a lefty and training really hard it could play an important part. i might be wrong but when you play friends in a match their personalities clash and one of them has to win

bolo
05-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Come on, it's pretty obvious, verdasco just has a much bigger game than nadal. If he tried to go toe to toe, forehand to forehand, with verdasco he would lose, badly.

Cesc Fabregas
05-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Come on, it's pretty obvious, verdasco just has a much bigger game than nadal. If he tried to go toe to toe, forehand to forehand, with verdasco he would lose, badly.

Nadal generally loses the CC backhand ralleys as well and Nadal possess a superior double hander.

TennisandMusic
05-15-2009, 03:07 PM

Yeah but Verdasco has a bigger forehand than just about the entire tour. Kind of a bad example.

cucio
05-15-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't think it was like that during AO, Nads played his new improved more aggressive game there.

But since then Nadal knows that the new Verdasco has the game to beat him, so he is a bit rattled. Nando moves well, can handle topspin, is a strong lefty so he can handle Rafa's main weapon, his CCFH, and can hit hard and flat.

I don't think it has to do with any fellow countryman thingie, Nadal is all business when he enters the court and he didn't have any problem in chewing Dasco's head and spit it afterwards during RG'08.

janipyt05
05-15-2009, 04:57 PM
still more Nadal had now won all 9 of their meetings, he manages to put that aside just enough in some cases to win ie Aus Open and today coming back from 0-4 down

dincuss
05-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Maybe Verdasco is gonna become his roddick

babbette
05-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Maybe Verdasco is gonna become his roddick

Not close. Verdasco gives Rafa some trouble, Roddick gives Federer no trouble at all. Federer enjoys beating and humiliating Roddick. Roddick is his punching bag, his practice away from practice courts.

Nadal_Freak
05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Nadal's strength goes to Verdasco's strength. Nadal is hurt every time he tries that high topspin to Verdasco's forehand. Also Nadal got too far behind the baseline and allowed Verdasco's kick serves to reach max height. Hope he takes it earlier on Djokovic's kick serve tomorrow.

Nadal_Freak
05-15-2009, 05:42 PM
I don't think it was like that during AO, Nads played his new improved more aggressive game there.

But since then Nadal knows that the new Verdasco has the game to beat him, so he is a bit rattled. Nando moves well, can handle topspin, is a strong lefty so he can handle Rafa's main weapon, his CCFH, and can hit hard and flat.

I don't think it has to do with any fellow countryman thingie, Nadal is all business when he enters the court and he didn't have any problem in chewing Dasco's head and spit it afterwards during RG'08.
Nando is one of the few that can control the ball while hitting extremely hard. He adds a pretty good amount of spin as well. Similar to Nadal's forehand when Nadal decides to play aggressive. Just that Verdasco is always in that mind set.

Zaragoza
05-15-2009, 05:50 PM
What kind of joke is this? It's Verdasco who has a Nadal complex. He usually makes silly errors on big points against Nadal because deep inside he doesn't believe he can beat Nadal.

Nadal doesn't have any complex, he owns Verdasco 9-0. Of course Verdasco is a very good player with big groundies so when he's on it's really hard to play against him (ask Murray) but it's almost impossible to stay consistent playing that extremely aggressive game Verdasco plays, so he usually gives his opponents some chances and Nadal takes them.

dincuss
05-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Not close. Verdasco gives Rafa some trouble, Roddick gives Federer no trouble at all. Federer enjoys beating and humiliating Roddick. Roddick is his punching bag, his practice away from practice courts.

I meant he would be his roddick because of the h2h.

Anyways i think roddick like losing to fed:twisted:

TheTruth
05-16-2009, 12:06 PM
What kind of joke is this? It's Verdasco who has a Nadal complex. He usually makes silly errors on big points against Nadal because deep inside he doesn't believe he can beat Nadal.

Nadal doesn't have any complex, he owns Verdasco 9-0. Of course Verdasco is a very good player with big groundies so when he's on it's really hard to play against him (ask Murray) but it's almost impossible to stay consistent playing that extremely aggressive game Verdasco plays, so he usually gives his opponents some chances and Nadal takes them.

Sounds the best to me.