PDA

View Full Version : Roger's poly bags with RF logo.

TheShaun
05-15-2009, 05:53 PM
anyone notice the RF logo on the poly bags that his racquets are in? P1 on one side and RF on the other. Nice touch P1!

TMCW140
05-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah, i noticed that. Going that extra mile with the personal touch!

FedererForehand
05-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I can't decide if it's classy or just outright self-obsorbtion...

samster
05-15-2009, 09:06 PM
you meant narcissism.

BobFL
05-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Yeah, i noticed that. Going that extra mile with the personal touch!

Inch maybe but mile.....

TMCW140
05-16-2009, 03:27 AM
Ha, well i don't get my initials on my racket bags

suppawat
05-16-2009, 04:35 AM
May be it's part of P1 gold service.
http://www.p1tennis.com/files/images/DSC00635.JPG

featherlight
05-16-2009, 07:23 AM
yeah i noticed that too and the poly bags used to write P1 and rogerfederer.com

OliverSimon
05-16-2009, 12:36 PM
wow

10char

lidoazndiabloboi
05-16-2009, 01:14 PM
thats a big a.. RF
wonder if they got the okay from nike

certifiedjatt
05-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I am roger federer, the greatest player to ever play tennis. notice me. notice meeeeeeeee!!!! notice meeee NOTICE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

S H O W S T O P P E R !
05-16-2009, 05:50 PM
I am roger federer, the greatest player to ever play tennis. notice me. notice meeeeeeeee!!!! notice meeee NOTICE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The worst thing about this is that he can sell those bags on his site and some Fed-wannabe would spend a couple g's on it.

RJYU
05-16-2009, 05:56 PM
For the record, Roger never asked us to put his logo on the bag. We decided to do it because we thought it was a nice addition for him.

TsongaEatingAPineappleLol
05-16-2009, 06:16 PM
May be it's part of P1 gold service.
http://www.p1tennis.com/files/images/DSC00635.JPG

Oh, imagine the life of the pros. Getting all those new freshly strung up racquets sent easily to you for free? And all the fame and fortune?

If only...

LuxilonTimo
05-17-2009, 07:02 AM
not big deal I'd do the same thing. I think its cool to have my name everywhere. Who cares if its narcissism or being self absorbing you guys are obviously to self conscious and insecure to be famous. Get over losers.

TMCW140
05-17-2009, 07:45 AM
For the record, Roger never asked us to put his logo on the bag. We decided to do it because we thought it was a nice addition for him.

Thats nice to know, and i think it looks good. Did you have to go through Nike to do it?

therogerfan
05-17-2009, 08:11 AM
these bags look really nice

BDAZ
05-17-2009, 06:51 PM
yeah, i was wondering that too. who owns the rights to the RF logo, fed or nike?

baseline08thrasher
05-17-2009, 11:30 PM
You have no idea how much I envy that bag!

Wow, how much style can one person have?

tomas9848
05-18-2009, 02:22 PM

well he is pretty good.

TheShaun
05-18-2009, 09:39 PM

it is a nice addition. what was roger's reaction? have other players been asking for their logo?

Kirko
05-18-2009, 09:45 PM
thats weird. like he's bigger than the game itself.

Josherer
05-19-2009, 04:16 AM
I want one!

ace-nelis
05-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Does anybody know where you can order these kinda poly bags ( without the logo )

origmarm
05-19-2009, 05:07 AM
Does anybody know where you can order these kinda poly bags ( without the logo )

the "shop for stringers of gram slams" on the internet

ace-nelis
05-19-2009, 05:14 AM
the "shop for stringers of gram slams" on the internet

Ok thnx,,
Doesnt really work for my cuz i live in Europe,,
But thanks anyway

origmarm
05-19-2009, 05:33 AM
I've yet to see them in Europe anywhere unfortunately. The only place I have ever got any was a local pro shop that a friend of mine owned. Most are funny about supplying otherwise as obviously you are in competition when I've asked others.

yellowoctopus
05-19-2009, 05:41 AM
The RF logo is owned by Nike, so my guess is this is prescribed by the marketing/advertising folks that Nike pay big money to (can't remember the name of the firm).

It's probably in Federer's contract, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusion that he is self-absorbed.

ace-nelis
05-19-2009, 06:09 AM
I've yet to see them in Europe anywhere unfortunately. The only place I have ever got any was a local pro shop that a friend of mine owned. Most are funny about supplying otherwise as obviously you are in competition when I've asked others.

How sweet it that owning a local pro shop,,
where is he located ?

Superman1272
05-21-2009, 07:17 AM
well he is pretty good.

yeah... he HAS won a couple of matches here and there. :)

drakulie
05-21-2009, 07:57 AM

Thanks for posting. I think it is a great touch of personalized service. Good stuff!

sureshs
05-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Roger Federer seems to be so in love with himself.

Of course companies dependent on a client like him for business will do the extra bit of fawning. That is how the world works.

Now I need to find someone who will do such things for me.

Grover Sparkman
05-21-2009, 08:58 AM
I love how everyone is still jumping on him for this despite someone setting the record straight.

Where's the outrage over having the RF logo on the shoes? I feel quite sure he didn't request that specifically for himself either.

sureshs
05-21-2009, 09:02 AM
I love how everyone is still jumping on him for this despite someone setting the record straight.

Where's the outrage over having the RF logo on the shoes? I feel quite sure he didn't request that specifically for himself either.

Shoes, Wimbledon jacket, now plastic bags! It is a trend. I am sure he did not force anybody to put his initials there, but he may have let it be known he likes this. He also had a $800 haircut in NYC, if you recall. Now that he is no longer #1, it appears out of place.

sureshs
05-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Plastic bags are a big environmental burden. They sit there in landfills with no degradation though I think certain types are recyclable. Several cities are regulating use of grocery plastic bags. It is high time the tennis tournaments turn green and look for an alternative to these bags. Good idea would be to have reusable bags which the ballboys later bring back to the stringing area.

Remember, if it happens, I thought of it first.

uk_skippy
05-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Good idea would be to have reusable bags which the ballboys later bring back to the stringing area

Technically they are reusable. Its just they never find their way back to the stringing rooms. For on site stringers this would be ok, but for those players who use outside stringers I can't see them (the players) gathering up the bags at the end of the match to give to the stringers.

Regards

Paul

uk_skippy
05-21-2009, 09:42 AM

Do you want some poly bags?

Regards

Paul

sureshs
05-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Technically they are reusable. Its just they never find their way back to the stringing rooms. For on site stringers this would be ok, but for those players who use outside stringers I can't see them (the players) gathering up the bags at the end of the match to give to the stringers.

Regards

Paul

I see them being dumped in the trash cans. I doubt if anyone is going thru the trash and taking it back. Also, it would be mixed with liquids from the juice bottles and what not.

Rabbit
05-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Plastic bags are a big environmental burden. They sit there in landfills with no degradation though I think certain types are recyclable.

I am 100% in agreement with this. I think it is just plain wasteful to, in one day:

string a racquet (with plastic string no less)
put it in a plastic bag
deliver it to a player
have the player put it in his racquet bag for two hours in a temperature controlled environment for sure
then have the player remove the racquet from the racquet bag and have a ball kid pull the plastic bag off and throw it in the trashSo, the life of the bag is about 1/2 day, maybe 2 days IF the player doesn't play with the frame and it's either left in the bag or restrung and the bag is reused by the stringing service. Either way, the bag doesn't do hooey for the racquet or the string job. Watching tournaments like the US Open from '69, it's amazing by contrast to see Laver and Roche walk on court with racquets that they've obviously played more than one match with string-wise.

I'm a fan of watching the old tournaments from the 60s and 70s and even 80s. They drank water out of glasses courtside which was poured either by them or a ball kid out of a glass pitcher. I don't know why, with all the green talk, the ATP and WTA haven't even bothered to look at this. If they were really serious about a change, they would.

ttbrowne
05-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Uh oh...now I'll have to spend some extra money to get mine done.
Maybe just use my left-over dry cleaning bags?!

Blade0324
05-21-2009, 07:51 PM

While this is nice to know I have to tell you that it seems kind of lame IMO.

origmarm
05-22-2009, 02:23 AM
How sweet it that owning a local pro shop,,
where is he located ?

He was in the David Lloyd centre in Raynes Park in London. It's no longer his shop though, was a while back and he retired.

origmarm
05-22-2009, 02:24 AM
Do you want some poly bags?

Regards

Paul

I'm ok mate thanks, don't need them anymore. At the time I was stringing for my bro and some of his mates that were playing a bunch of challengers and it was the "pro touch" as such. That's long since given way to actual work :). Cheers for the offer though

uk_skippy
05-22-2009, 05:01 AM
I'm ok mate thanks, don't need them anymore. At the time I was stringing for my bro and some of his mates that were playing a bunch of challengers and it was the "pro touch" as such. That's long since given way to actual work :). Cheers for the offer though

Ok, No problem. Its just I've got about 30 RAB ones that I'm happy to give away as long as someone pays the postage - England only.

Regards

Paul

Grover Sparkman
05-22-2009, 05:45 AM
Shoes, Wimbledon jacket, now plastic bags! It is a trend. I am sure he did not force anybody to put his initials there, but he may have let it be known he likes this. He also had a $800 haircut in NYC, if you recall. Now that he is no longer #1, it appears out of place.

But whether he likes it isn't the issue - the issue is that he didn't ask or demand it like a lot insinuated.

Look, I'm not debating that Federer is arrogant, smug, a dick, a narcissist, or whatever. I have no idea, though my hunch is that he's probably a bit of all. I'm just saying, people are jumping at him like he designed the logo himself in his studio apartment in Zurich and demanded it be printed on everything he owns.

I gotta say, if Nike came to me and said "we'll put a custom logo for you on everything you own" I gotta say I'd be stoked. Federer brings Nike and Wilson a lot cash - of course they're going to pamper him.