PDA

View Full Version : Nadal Timecapsule

tennis-hero
05-16-2009, 06:19 AM
I want to create a thread now that we can look back on in a few years and see how many expectations Rafa lived upto

Today (MAY 2009) people talk about at least 2 calender slams for Nadal

they say FEDERER will never pass 13 slams because Nadal (and/or Djokovic/Murray) have his number

Today they talk about how Nadal will win 8 French Opens and how everyone will be playing for second place for at least 4 or 5 years

Today they say Nadal is the GOAT clay player
a top 10 player of all time on Grass
a top 10 player of all time on slow hard courts

(2010? 2011?)
in the future Nadal will also become a grass court GOAT
a slow hard court GOAT
and a top 10 fast HARD court player

by the time he retires, he will have won at least 12-25 slams
25-40 Masters
2 calender Grandslams (at least)
8-10 French opens
3-5 Wimbledons
3-5 Australian Opens
1-5 US opens

15-25 SLAMS!!!!!

tennis-hero
05-16-2009, 06:25 AM
FUTURE NADAL TARGETS

3 back 2 back FO-WImbldeons (borg's record)
6 FO's TOTAL (borg's Record)
65 Grass court matchs (Federer's record)
56 Hard court matches (federer's record)
5 consecutive wimbledons (borg's/Federer's record)
5 consecutive US OPENS ........................... :roll: (federer's record)
7 wimbledon's total (renshaw/Sampras's record)
6 year's world number one record (sampras's record)
calender grand slam (budge's record)
2 calender grand slams (Laver's record)
3 small slams (federer's record)
career GOLDEN slam (Agassi's record)
single year domination at least 82-3 (Mac's record)

CALENDER GOLDEN SLAM (the ultimate YEAR!!!! only GRAF has achieved)
SINGLE YEAR ULTIMATE DOMINATION (NAVRATILOVA 1983 86-1 98.6%)

drive
05-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Total crap.

aldeayeah
05-16-2009, 06:44 AM
Those expectations are way out there and in no way correspond to general opinion. Make a more realistic prediction, or this will be worthless.

tennis-hero
05-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Those expectations are way out there and in no way correspond to general opinion. Make a more realistic prediction, or this will be worthless.

Ask Veroniquem or Nadal_freak to make the predictions

i dont think they'd say its out of line to predict that Nadal will win 8-10 FOs thats what TTW consensus currently is

3-5 wimbledons
3-5 AOs
1-5 US OPENS

i would say these predictions most Nadal fans agree with

2 calender GRANDSLAMS / possible golden slam is what i dont think will happen but NAdal fans say it will happen

the other records are just places for Nadal to go after he's won all his slams :roll:

Clay lover
05-16-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm a Nadal Fan, and the MAXIMUM I'm predicting for him is: 7 FOs 3 Ws 2 AOs 1 US

Blinkism
05-16-2009, 07:09 AM
This is not an accurate measure of the general expectations of what everyone at TW think.

Just because, apparently, a couple of people have crazy expectations of Nadal doesn't mean everyone does.

I think, overall, people expect Nadal to match Borg's FO count at 6 and maybe do one better at 7. And otherwise, probably win another 2 Wimbledon's, 1 more Australian Open, and 1 US Open.

And probably 4-8 more Master's Shields.

That's like the average expectation (when you combine the expectations of Nadal fans with everyone else's expectations)..

tennis-hero
05-16-2009, 07:12 AM
I'm a Nadal Fan, and the MAXIMUM I'm predicting for him is: 7 FOs 3 Ws 2 AOs 1 US

This is not an accurate measure of the general expectations of what everyone at TW think.

Just because, apparently, a couple of people have crazy expectations of Nadal doesn't mean everyone does.

I think, overall, people expect Nadal to match Borg's FO count at 6 and maybe do one better at 7. And otherwise, probably win another 2 Wimbledon's, 1 more Australian Open, and 1 US Open.

And probably 4-8 more Master's Shields.

That's like the average expectation (when you combine the expectations of Nadal fans with everyone else's expectations)..

so let me get this straight

you both expect Nadal to win 11-13 slams?

i'd like more feedback and prediction from TTW and especially nadal fans

Clay lover
05-16-2009, 11:18 AM
so let me get this straight

you both expect Nadal to win 11-13 slams?

i'd like more feedback and prediction from TTW and especially nadal fans

I think you should give your OWN predictions first.

Or else you're just gonna be a smart *** who's gonna come out after Nadal retires and say HAW HAW you guys were all wrong

tennis-hero
05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=261030

there are the 2 calender slams thread- notice the agreement between the nadal fans, a couple of the non-Nadal loving fans didn't agree with the 2 calender GSs

my own predicition is Nadal dominating the FO for maybe 3-5 years

he could anywhere upto 10 FOs- i dont see why not, since he such a huge will to win, and also since there isn't anyone else to stop him on clay

between 6-10 FOs total

wimbledon- thats tricky- i still rate Federer as the better player on grass- so Nadal might never win another- on the flip side, he could win the next couple- i do not expect any kind of Nadal domination on grass because i think he's well matched there

between 1-3 Wimbledon's total

the Australian Open- I think Nadal has another in him- but Dark horses always get hot at the AO- and i also think that Nadal on HCs is very beatable by anyone- no HCs slam wins are guaranteed

maybe 1-2 total

the US OPEN- i dont know- i dont wanna bet against Nadal since he will put his heart into winning it, however- on paper, Nadal isn't good enough to win the US OPEN, he has the heart to do it, but will the body obey? i don't know

maybe 1 US OPEN total

i do believe that if Nadal wins the other 3- then he will go on to win the US OPEN because of his imense desire to do so

Fedexeon
05-16-2009, 06:03 PM
There is no way that Nadal would win 5 Wimbledon in his career. I give him a maximum 3.

Blinkism
05-17-2009, 04:14 AM
Nadal will probably have
5-7 French Opens
1-2 Wimbledons
1-2 Australian Opens
1 US Open

For a grand total of about 8-12 slams.
That's my personal expectation.

Whether or not he can pull off the calendar Grand Slam is unpredictable, but I'll make the educated guess and say no.

And i'm a fan of Nadal, btw.

dem331
05-17-2009, 04:18 AM
I want to create a thread now that we can look back on in a few years and see how many expectations Rafa lived upto

Today (MAY 2009) people talk about at least 2 calender slams for Nadal

they say FEDERER will never pass 13 slams because Nadal (and/or Djokovic/Murray) have his number

Today they talk about how Nadal will win 8 French Opens and how everyone will be playing for second place for at least 4 or 5 years

Today they say Nadal is the GOAT clay player
a top 10 player of all time on Grass
a top 10 player of all time on slow hard courts

(2010? 2011?)
in the future Nadal will also become a grass court GOAT
a slow hard court GOAT
and a top 10 fast HARD court player

by the time he retires, he will have won at least 12-25 slams
25-40 Masters
2 calender Grandslams (at least)
8-10 French opens
3-5 Wimbledons
3-5 Australian Opens
1-5 US opens

15-25 SLAMS!!!!!

Waste of time even discussing this

All-rounder
05-17-2009, 04:20 AM
nadal will have around 10-14 slams
6-8 FO
1-3 Wimbledon
1-3 AO
1 Us open

cucio
05-17-2009, 05:36 AM
I am not anyone's fan. No one knows the future, any number of things can happen: injury, a newcomer who catches fire, loss of the will to compete...

I mean, who had any expectations about DelPo or Murray one year ago? Who had expectations of Nadal winning several HCGS?

That said, if he and the field keep their relative levels of today for a couple of years those expectations you guys mention are reasonable, but that's a big if.

Let's enjoy (or endure) the present and we'll see, Rafa willing. : - P

Bud
05-17-2009, 05:56 AM
I think you should give your OWN predictions first.

Or else you're just gonna be a smart *** who's gonna come out after Nadal retires and say HAW HAW you guys were all wrong

Exactly! That's why this thread was created... future gloating thread for tennis-hero when Nadal fails to accomplish 1 or 2 of those predictions :lol:

Cesc Fabregas
05-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Tennis-Hero is the worst poster on this board.

Bud
05-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Oops... post deleted

tennis-hero
05-17-2009, 06:29 AM
you know what i find amazing is

i've actually PRAISED NADAL

even given my own predictions to show im not making this thread to laugh at nadal fans

but stilll Nadal fans HAVE ZERO ACTUAL FAITH IN RAFA- they wont dare make a prediction here because they dont really believe in him

but!

like wolves in packs

when there is a nadal love thread started by one of their own- you will see them lavish all kinds of praise

"Nadal would own Sampras on fast grass"

"nadal is already GOAT"

"nadal set all these records as a teenager"

"nadal is humble and amazing and doesn't care about money or anything- he wants to win to make his adoring fans happy because he's such a great guy"

"oh nadal will make world peace happen because how could anyone hate the guy when he's so ultra talented"

-

i actually got the idea for this thread because of one of cyborgs Bjorn Borg's threads, he said in the mid 70s the commentator already had given borg the GOAT status and no one questioned, then came sampras- and they gave it to him- and then came Federer and they gave it to him- and now we see EXACTLY the same thing happening with Rafa

Pirao
05-17-2009, 06:54 AM
He'll win 10+ slams, how many depends on how Djokovic and Murray pick up their games, and if some youngster appears like Nadal did and starts beating people.

TheNatural
05-17-2009, 07:40 AM
Nadal > Fed unless Fed can reverse the 5-2 slam final domination.