PDA

View Full Version : About Djokovic and his matches vs Nadal on clay *Spoiler*

Sephiroth_FFVII
05-16-2009, 02:06 PM
I've watched all of Djokovic vs. Nadal matches on clay this year. I must say Djokovic improves each time and comes that much closer to beat him.

Three match points today after losing a tough second set in which he had a HUGE chance of 2 break points. If he had converted his break points better today, he should have won.

I guess what I am trying to say is Djokovic is Nadal's biggest threat at Roland Garros. This could finally be the match he wins on clay against Nadal.

Please, no fanboy comments. Constructive discussion only.

miyagi
05-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Well not exactly as the last time he got beat more convincingly than before BUT he is the closest to Nadal at the moment and RG is more suited to Nadals game and dont forget it is the best of 5!

Either way Djoko played great!

CocaCola
05-16-2009, 02:23 PM
He could do it...some lucky points on his side...good first serve % and he will do it with the game he has right now.

Ray Mercer
05-16-2009, 02:28 PM
I don't see him ever taking 3 sets. He's physically way to weak and Nadal just never tires.

zagor
05-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Best of five is a different animal and while it's obviously Djokovic improved his fitness since the start of the year I still don't think he can hang with Nadal in the best of five at the FO.Plus Nadal's level of play at the FO is much higher IMO than at the clay masters and he has never even been pushed to five sets at the FO so far.So while he's a threat,I doubt that he(or anyone else for that matter)will stop Nadal at the FO this year.

CyBorg
05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
I'll tell ya, I'm excited for the upcoming Djoker-Nadal match at RG. I know it's no guarantee it'll happen, but I don't see anyone upsetting these two.

Djokovic has done a very good thing hiring that personal trainer. It has done wonders for him. Hopefully he'll get just a bit better for RG and take Nadal to five sets.

I don't think he'll win, but another exciting match with great passing shots would be a wonder to behold.