PDA

View Full Version : Ektelon model?

au
04-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Does any1 know of a site that shows the various Ektelon models, specs and prices? What's the difference between the H, D, and DE ? thanks.

RonnieCorny
04-05-2004, 11:21 PM
tennismachines would be the site... www.tennismachines.com

au
04-06-2004, 02:14 AM
thanks for the link RonnieCorny.

I looked at some of the pictures of the Model "H" and the Neos stringer but the clamping system seems to be throwing me off. Doesn't look like they are swivel types that you see on the other brand stringers(Alpha, Gamma, Eagas). The clamps looks like they're fixed to the round bars and parallel to the main strings on most pictures but then how would you clamp the cross strings when it comes time to do the crosses? Would you have to completely remove the clamps and bars and then reinsert them parrallel to the crosses? What is holding onto the strings while you do this? Can someone please explain this to me?

Does anyone know about the differences between the Model "H", "D" and "DE" ? Thanks.

-au

Gaines Hillix
04-06-2004, 04:14 AM
au, the clamp system on these machines is referred to as "glide bar clamps." I believe there were different ways of doing the crosses on these kinds of machines. Some had two sets of bars and clamps, one of which was shorter than the other, which was used for the crosses. Another system had a rotating base and as you can imagine, it was turned sideways to do the crosses. If you were stringing two piece, the mains would be tied off before you switched over to the crosses. I believe you used a starting clamp to hold the string when switching over to the crosses when doing a 1 piece job. Since the bars were designed to be parallel to the mains and crosses in a standard patterned racquet, they made it awkward to use on fan patterned racquets, so flying clamps would be used on those. I believe the main differences between the various Ektelon models were in the frame mounting system. As racquets changed and got larger and wider with thicker frames the frame mounts had to be updated to accomodate them.