PDA

View Full Version : Federer beats Nadal

10sdude85
05-17-2009, 07:53 AM
This should put an end to all the arguments that Federer should retire, or get a coach or get a new racquet. He's still got it, and plenty of it just by watching his shots today. Although Nadal wasn't at his best, he still came up with some crazy good points in the second set. Federer executed his gameplan to a T. He attacked Nadal's second serve, he played aggreseive down the line forehands to nadal's backhand, and served extremely well. If Federer keeps this up and maybe takes it up another notch he will win the French open. Thoughts?

All-rounder
05-17-2009, 07:55 AM
2nd Big spoiler thread
Man people are really excited today

Beastforearm
05-17-2009, 08:00 AM
2nd Big spoiler thread
Man people are really excited today

Oops, yes, how could you not be excited for such a great game. :)

oscar_2424
05-17-2009, 08:06 AM
u gotta love these *******s:)

sh@de
05-17-2009, 08:10 AM
I wouldn't say it was an excellent game... it was alright. The most important thing was that it was a huge win for Fed.

Blinkism
05-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Big win for Fed, but that doesn't mean he should coast on what he's got.

Nadal didn't show Federer how to beat him in a tough match playing to Nadal's strengths.

Federer should continue to strive to improve to beat Rafa in a real match @ the FO.

Rafa, however, got to see what Fed would do against him, so the element of surprise is lost.

drakulie
05-17-2009, 08:27 AM
real match

Hmmmm. This match wasn't real?? :roll:

Cenc
05-17-2009, 08:27 AM
was a very interesting match imo
excellent thing before the french open
fed showed the game that can work against nadal but obviously nadal was lacking power due to exhaustion i guess and his bad knees
will be very interesting to see them at french
fed might have a shot now when he is full of confidence i guess

matchmaker
05-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Fed had a good game plan IMO, but against a fit Nadal it would not have been enough.

Congratz to Roger, but otherwise I don't think you can draw too many conclusions from this match.

Nadal said yesterday: "I hope I can recover in time from the match against Djokovic, if I don't, I will lose".

I think that is basically it. But still Fed did an intelligent job.

Joseph L. Barrow
05-17-2009, 08:30 AM
This isn't a "Pro Match Result" by any chance, is it?

weallwegot
05-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Thekingisback