PDA

View Full Version : How Big does Nole Serve?

DarthFed
05-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Yea..so Fed won and this forum is going to the 9th level of hell in a few seconds so my last few posts are serious

Yesterday during the match..when the camera was nice enough to show the gun...Nole hit a serve at 216 KM/h and 226 KM/H when did he started serving that big? then there was the rumor of hitting a 255 KM/H serve at the olympics

Xuxa Kuerten
05-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Yea..so Fed won and this forum is going to the 9th level of hell in a few seconds so my last few posts are serious

Yesterday during the match..when the camera was nice enough to show the gun...Nole hit a serve at 216 KM/h and 226 KM/H when did he started serving that big? then there was the rumor of hitting a 255 KM/H serve at the olympics

I've seen Federer serve at 223 Km/h today (his fastest serve ever was about 218 Km/h), and Rafa served at 214 km/h yesterday (his fastest serve ever was about 210 km/h). I don't know if was there a problem with the radar gun (like during the olympics) or maybe in Madrid the ball faces less air resistance (due to the height of the city in comparison with the sea level).

DarthFed
05-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Thats impressive from the top 4...because i KNOW murray can serve bombs

Xuxa Kuerten
05-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Thats impressive from the top 4...because i KNOW murray can serve bombs

I've seen Murray miss a 232 km/h serve; Del Potro missed a 230 Km/h serve as well (both in QF, I guess)

DarthFed
05-17-2009, 09:05 AM
I've seen Murray miss a 232 km/h serve; Del Potro missed a 230 Km/h serve as well (both in QF, I guess)

I Know Del Po serves big, but Fed, Nadal and Nole aren't known for it

Xuxa Kuerten
05-17-2009, 09:13 AM
I Know Del Po serves big, but Fed, Nadal and Nole aren't known for it

Rafa has improved a lot his serve. I guess it's very underestimated (as it is Verdasco's). His serve isn't that fast, but it's very consistent (the 1st one). But despite being the lowest of the top five in terms of speed, his fastest one is still faster than, for instance, Kuerten, who had a tremendous serve during his era. Nole is a serbian. It's just incredible how they and the croatians serve so big ... Maybe that's because people from those countries have the highest average height of the world.

DarthFed
05-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Interesting, the last part specifically

And i would underestimate Verdasco's serve? that thing it huge, but when he feels pressured he takes some pace off...A LOT of pace, serving in the 140KM/H range or 80 MPH range

Xuxa Kuerten
05-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Interesting, the last part specifically

And i would underestimate Verdasco's serve? that thing it huge, but when he feels pressured he takes some pace off...A LOT of pace, serving in the 140KM/H range or 80 MPH range

Oh no, I wasn't referring specifically to you. I usually read those underestimating comments in brazilian forums. Verdasco and Lopez already served in the 140 Mph zone, I guess. The thing is that Verdasco usually prefers to do the kick serve in order to have a better 1st percentage. But all of this guys are tremendous servers. I can serve one 200 km/h serve out of 20, and just after my arm almost disconnects from my shoulder ... LOL

DarthFed
05-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Oh no, I wasn't referring specifically to you. I usually read those underestimating comments in brazilian forums. Verdasco and Lopez already served in the 140 Mph zone, I guess. The thing is that Verdasco usually prefers to do the kick serve in order to have a better 1st percentage. But all of this guys are tremendous servers. I can serve one 200 km/h serve out of 20, and just after my arm almost disconnects from my shoulder ... LOL

I wish i could serve that big...i probably serve in the 140's..then again i've only been learning for under a year

Xuxa Kuerten
05-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I wish i could serve that big...i probably serve in the 140's..then again i've only been learning for under a year

I serve relativelly big, specially considering my height (5'10, 1.77m). But power is nothing without control. I wish I could consistently serve in the mid 160's instead of making two aces and two double falts per game ...

FlamEnemY
05-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I like your sig, DF.
Off topic I am, but who cares.

DarthFed
05-17-2009, 09:45 AM
I like your sig, DF.
Off topic I am, but who cares.

Thanks...but today im happy for Roger