PDA

View Full Version : Tired and Washed Up? Nadal doesn't think so

Swissv2
05-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Nadal stated

And the world No.1, who defeated Novak Djokovic in a marathon semifinal on Saturday, said that fatigue had not been a factor in the final.

“Playing four hours was not a problem for today,” (Nadal) said.

Direct link: http://www.madrid-open.com/site/news/6/3331

So...why are most of the most vocal Nadal fanatics saying he was "tired" and "washed up". Are you seriously stating that Nadal has no fitness whatsoever?

lol.

IvanAndreevich
05-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Dude, that's Nadal being modest, etc etc etc. BTW, he never lies either.

matchmaker
05-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Off course Nadal is not going to say anything about being tired. What did you think he was going to say?

JohnnySpot
05-17-2009, 08:49 AM
I wanted Nadal to win, but I watched the game and I don't think fatigue had anyting to do wit it.

UNLESS YOU WANT MEH TO SAY "AHHHHHH NADAL ID WASHED UP ASMD<ASMDFLMSDLFM, HE NEBBER LOSES IF HE NOT WAHED UP AND TIRED".

ha.

Am out!

JeMar
05-17-2009, 08:49 AM
We all know that Nadal is the biggest ******* of them all.

Irrelevant, this is.

babbette
05-17-2009, 08:50 AM
aw, Rafa lying through his most curvaceous asset.:)

TennisandMusic
05-17-2009, 08:51 AM
From espn.com:

"The second-ranked Swiss broke a sluggish Nadal once in both sets before firing his sixth ace of the match to claim his 15th Masters Series title on the second match point."

No one is making a big deal of this match because I think everyone knows it's fairly meaningless.

Vermillion
i didn't get to see the ao final this year. was he tired then?

Cesc Fabregas
What do you expect Nadal to say? he's not going to come out and say I am exhasted I can barely walk and I wont be able to compete in the final.

tonyg11
Nadal never lies. Especially here when he talks about how much he loves his new "cortex". Nope, never lied at all.
VmIIjAsLovQ

bruce38
05-17-2009, 08:53 AM
Dude, that's Nadal being modest, etc etc etc. BTW, he never lies either.

Modesty is a euphemism for lying in the case of professional sports. If he says he wasn't tired and really was, then that's a lie, which contradicts your second point.

vtmike
From espn.com:

"The second-ranked Swiss broke a sluggish Nadal once in both sets before firing his sixth ace of the match to claim his 15th Masters Series title on the second match point."

No one is making a big deal of this match because I think everyone knows it's fairly meaningless.

So you are saying Nadal is lying? I would believe the words coming out of Nadal's mouth rather than some ******* journalist on ESPN!

Swissv2

Irrelevant, this is.

Nope. YOUR post was irrelevant.

I have a lot of respect for both players (Nadal still is the undisputed king of clay), and I am sure a lot of you do too, but why it seems like a common trend that the ONLY excuse for those fanatics is that Nadal was "washed up" and "tired" and "exhausted".

Nadal_Freak
05-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Nadal is such a good person. It's good to lie sometimes.

AprilFool
05-17-2009, 08:57 AM
This tired business is an insult to Nadal. No one ever claimed Federer was tired when he was reigning No 1 and I am sure it bothers Nadal that people are making excuses like this up. The guy is as fit, if not fitter than Federer.

Dutch-Guy
05-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Nadal never comes up with lame ***** excuses like other mofos do.Even if he was tired he would'n't say it.

NamRanger
05-17-2009, 09:00 AM
From espn.com:

So the fittest athlete in tennis since Bjorn Borg just said he wasn't tired after a 4 hour match that was delayed mainly due to time antics by both players (2 injury timeouts, multiple delay of serves, rallies that required no energy because both players were pushing, etc.) is lying?

Nadal said he wasn't tired; he gave it his all in the final since it was his home crowd. Federer simply beat him with a better gameplan that Nadal was not ready for.

abudhabi tennis
05-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Federer was tired all 16 months through his MONO and still played and won the US OPEN. Nadal only played a 3 setter, hardly a legitimate excuse for losing

IvanAndreevich
05-17-2009, 09:04 AM

Nadal never lies. You Nadal hating troll :lol:

Nadal_Freak
05-17-2009, 09:04 AM
THis is the big difference between Nadal and Federer. Nadal doesn't make lame excuses while Fed says the lighting isn't proper, I beat myself, and etc.

Winners or Errors
05-17-2009, 09:11 AM
THis is the big difference between Nadal and Federer. Nadal doesn't make lame excuses while Fed says the lighting isn't proper, I beat myself, and etc.

Right. Nadal doesn't ever make lame excuses. Why do his fans do it? Why not follow where he is leading?

raiden031
05-17-2009, 09:14 AM

Irrelevant, this is.

Actually Toni is the biggest ******* of all! :twisted:

Maybe thats not such a bad thing for Nadal. If you can learn to beat Fed, you can learn to beat anyone, right?

stormholloway
05-17-2009, 09:15 AM
People, Nadal played a three set match. Whatever you want to say about it, it was only three sets.

ronalditop
05-17-2009, 09:18 AM

Are you in love with him?

BlahDow
05-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Right. Nadal doesn't ever make lame excuses. Why do his fans do it? Why not follow where he is leading?

Because then people would bash Nadal all they want w/o anyone defending him...and when you're a fan of someone you don't just let people say whatever they want.

CyBorg
05-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Federer played very well. I think this is more important than beating Nadal in Hamburg. This was in Madrid - in front of Rafa's home crowd. It meant a lot.

Roger can hang with Nadal when he's serving very, very well. High percentage, some aces and unreturnables.

Sadly Roger hadn't served well for a long time. He needs this part of his game and an improved return of serve to challenge Nadal at the French. But perfecting these facets does not guarantee anything. Keeping up this kind of play in a best-of-five match is a tall order.

Winners or Errors
05-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Because then people would bash Nadal all they want w/o anyone defending him...and when you're a fan of someone you don't just let people say whatever they want.

I disagree. If you look at this forum, it is predominantly Nadal fans (and Federer fans) who launch a pre-emptive strike and then defend their statements. Nadal doesn't make excuses. Federer doesn't make excuses. For some reason, their fans seem to think it important to do so for them.

bizarre_opinion
05-17-2009, 09:32 AM
bottom line is fed just destroyed nadal. Whether nadal was tired or not. He stepped on the court and got out played. If he wasn't match fit he shouldn't of played, simple as.