PDA

View Full Version : Djoker is definitely not arrogant!

kraggy
05-17-2009, 11:25 AM
He has to be the most misunderstood of all players! He always applauds good points from his opponents, he always gives a warm handshake at the end of the match and is very gracious in award ceremonies. His pre and post match interviews also do not show any arrogance.

Don't mistake his fist pumping , crowd staring and pointing as arrogance. They are NOT signs of arrogance, they are signs of AGGRESSION! Most top athletes have to be aggressive , some show it more than others. And it is unfair to chastise him for what his stupid Mom or Brother say!

Of course he is choc-a-bloc full of confidence and believes he can one day be better than Fed or Nadal. Absolutely nothing wrong in having strong self belief. As long as he doesn't say that he IS already better, there shouldn't be reasons to criticize him! His ONLY gaffe IMO, was last yr when he talked about Federer being vulnerable because of the new upcomers. I can't blame him for his US open outburst against Roddick. While not being smart move , Roddick had it coming after his hurtful statements pre match.

BobFL
05-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Many mediocre people quite often mix arrogance and strong personality. Nole is just the real deal in every sence of the word...

mzzmuaa
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
he was in control of the match against nadal at the FO until he had to retire

ci2ca
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I honestly respect Djokovic. He has an amazing game rivaled with a good attitude on the court. His family on the other hand...Hehe.

zagor
05-17-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't think he's really arrogant either.People only focus on the negative things he did but won't give him credit for being fair with line calls,applauding his opponents's good shots etc. He's OK in my book,really can't stand his father Srdjan but Novak's fine IMO.He's also finally working hard and improving his game,he certainly gave us some good matches against Nadal this season so far.

I'm also starting to appreciate his game more,great ballstriker and thinker on court.Really constructs points,has a good tennis mind IMO.

[d]ragon
05-17-2009, 11:43 AM
I used to think that he was arrogant but now that I'm watching him a little more, I think I really did misunderstand him in the beginning. Now I'm starting to see he is a really spirited fighter and talented player.

helloworld
05-17-2009, 11:59 AM
If you want to find the epitome of arrogance, just look at Federer, not Djokovic. ;)

maximo
05-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Federer is as arrogant as they come.

Serendipitous
05-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Djokovic is the man!

DarthFed
05-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Federer is as arrogant as they come.

Thread had NOTHING to do with Fed >_>, his hater must secretly love him because they can't seem to stop bringing him up...

On topic, He used to be arrogant..but when he calmed it down he lost his intensity, now the intensity is back w/o any of the Arrogance

maximo
05-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Thread had NOTHING to do with Fed >_>, his hater must secretly love him because they can't seem to stop bringing him up...

I by no means have anything against Federer. But my point is true.

DarthFed
05-17-2009, 12:24 PM
I by no means have anything against Federer. But my point is true.

Okay understandable..i like the guy but he can say some pretty ******baggy things..but the thread had nothing to do with him

Another thing i like about Djoker is after a hard match with Nadal they usually hug it's kind of nice, even though it looked forced yesterday

maximo
05-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Okay understandable..i like the guy but he can say some pretty ******baggy things..but the thread had nothing to do with him

But someone brought him up in this thread. Genius.

Cenc
05-17-2009, 12:49 PM
and nadal is not fast...

Joseph L. Barrow
05-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Djokovic has a few potentially obnoxious quirks, I suppose, but I think the hatred he receives from many fans, particularly on the internet, is badly overblown and way out of proportion.

Dilettante
05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
To be honest, nothing against the guy -he has likeable things- but he has been arrogant in the past. No one can't deny that. I guess he was young and he's starting to learn what to say and when.

He was arrogant in the past? Yes. He is less arrogant now? Yes.

Raid
05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
point is - what if he or anyone else is arrogant? how does that affect you?

Dilettante
05-17-2009, 01:07 PM

Talking to me?

That doesn't affect me. I'm just giving my opinion, nothing more. It's not that I care much if he's arrogant or not.

Muhammad Ali was the most arrogant sportsman ever but I still admire him for his achievements.

Raid
05-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Talking to me?

That doesn't affect me. I'm just giving my opinion, nothing more. It's not that I care much if he's arrogant or not.

Muhammad Ali was the most arrogant sportsman ever but I still admire him for his achievements.

No, not to you mate, I meant in general

kraggy
05-17-2009, 03:02 PM

It makes NO difference for some people and a HUGE difference for some people( like me). I will never truly admire a sportsperson or for that matter any famous person, if he/she were rude/arrogant etc. Irrespective of how good you are at what you do, for some fans personality plays a big role.