PDA

View Full Version : This loss means to Rafa...

Dutch-Guy
05-17-2009, 01:01 PM
The title says it all.

Serendipitous
05-17-2009, 01:03 PM
I really don't think he cares.

He'll just get on with his life and forget about it.

That's what all great champions do.

Dutch-Guy
05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Poll added.Vote and discuss.

maximo
05-17-2009, 01:04 PM
I really don't think he cares.

He'll just get on with his life and forget about it.

That's what all great champions do.

Presicly.

All-rounder
05-17-2009, 01:06 PM
All this will do is give federer a confidence booster
nadal isn't phased by this he knows his main objective is RG and so does federer

Dutch-Guy
05-17-2009, 01:11 PM
All this will do is give federer a confidence booster
nadal isn't phased by this he knows his main objective is RG and so does federer

Indeed.But Nadal needs to adjust his game:make less UEs,not stand too far off the baseline,go more to the net,adjust his bh.In short be more aggressive.He was way too passive today.

Rabbit
05-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Considering that Nads played just over 4 hours the day before, I don't know that this loss is too devastating. Certainly it's a shot in the arm for Federer, beating Nads on his home court before a crowd in a Davis Cup-like environment on clay.

The downside for Nads is that two of his chief rivals, Joker and FedEx appear to have, for the time being, closed the gap on him. Nads really should be peaking right before Paris, not wondering if the competition has found a chink in his armor.

I'll go on record now and predict, if Joker is the #3 seed at Roland Garros, that Nads is not a shoe in for the finals and will not win his 5th in a row.

All-rounder
05-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Indeed.But Nadal needs to adjust his game:make less UEs,not stand too far off the baseline,go more to the net,adjust his bh.In short be more aggressive.He was way too passive today.
Being passive will work on RG clay slow high bouncing
Big serves and hard hitting won't have as great effect as it does on fast clay

Dutch-Guy
05-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Really? Then you have never seen Rafa play in RG.
i agree but Rafa doesn't have a big serve and doesn't hit as hard as Fed or Verdasco.

samster
05-17-2009, 01:27 PM
not much. who cares? it is only one match.

Fed Kennedy
05-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Sure he wanted to win in front of that crowd but let's be honest he's going to mash everyone at RG

raiden031
05-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I guarantee Nadal is feeling a little more pressure this year. I betcha uncle Toni is concerned. Toni praises Federer even when Nadal is owning him, and I'm sure with RG so close he's definitely concerned.

Figjam
05-17-2009, 02:10 PM
what's pression?

Dutch-Guy
05-17-2009, 02:19 PM
what's pression?

To win the 5th RG.

Cyan
05-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Take alot off pression off of him going to RG.

Now expect Nadal to say Fed is the fave to win RG like Rafa says every year....

Cyan
05-17-2009, 02:24 PM

Let them keep thinking that Madrid clay = RG clay :rolleyes:

samster
05-17-2009, 02:26 PM
The pression is out of kontrol.

fortunecookiesjc
05-17-2009, 02:28 PM
yeah, i never really enjoyed watching RG because the Gap Nadal had was tremendous. THis year, I cant wait! Im very excited for RG and interesting to see how guys like Roddick, Novak, and ala others will do.

TheTruth
05-17-2009, 04:03 PM
It should be a good thing. Keep him on his toes.

I really wanted his loss to be to Djokovic though. I'm relieved he lost before RG. This should enrage the bull!

janipyt05
05-17-2009, 04:04 PM
that he should drive back home, sleep for 2 days and go fishing :-)

pound cat
05-17-2009, 04:07 PM
that he should drive back home, sleep for 2 days and go fishing :-)

He lives on an island Maybe he should walk?

matchmaker
05-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Considering that Nads played just over 4 hours the day before, I don't know that this loss is too devastating. Certainly it's a shot in the arm for Federer, beating Nads on his home court before a crowd in a Davis Cup-like environment on clay.

The downside for Nads is that two of his chief rivals, Joker and FedEx appear to have, for the time being, closed the gap on him. Nads really should be peaking right before Paris, not wondering if the competition has found a chink in his armor.

I'll go on record now and predict, if Joker is the #3 seed at Roland Garros, that Nads is not a shoe in for the finals and will not win his 5th in a row.

I still think Nadal is going to prevail, but I would like to see a Nadal-Djokovic final, as those have been the greatest clay court matches the past few years.

If Djoko is on Fed's side of the draw this time, Roger is going to have a tough time.

It would be nice to see Djokovic win the FO, because he has certainly proven he has a lot of heart the past few weeks and he could have won yesterday.

But I don't think he can sustain such a level of play physically in a best of five.

Rabbit
05-18-2009, 05:49 AM
I still think Nadal is going to prevail, but I would like to see a Nadal-Djokovic final, as those have been the greatest clay court matches the past few years.

If Djoko is on Fed's side of the draw this time, Roger is going to have a tough time.

It would be nice to see Djokovic win the FO, because he has certainly proven he has a lot of heart the past few weeks and he could have won yesterday.

But I don't think he can sustain such a level of play physically in a best of five.

You know, I gotta disagree with the bolded above. I don't think Djokovic has any heart. I think the guy is a tanker. IMO, neither he nor Murray have much on the ball when the chips are down. Federer and Nads are way ahead of both of them in the amount of fight in them.

Rabbit
05-31-2009, 05:54 PM

For the record, all the *******s can go suck an egg. :)

babbette
05-31-2009, 05:56 PM
he can finally have sex on his birthday