PDA

View Full Version : The only way to beat Nadal on clay is to......

BreakPoint
05-17-2009, 09:40 PM
....use a one-handed backhand and a midsize 90 sq. in. racquet. Just like Federer proved today in Madrid. :)

All these other top pros like Djokovic, Murray, Verdasco, Roddick, Ferrer, etc. with their two-handed backhands and big midplus 98-100 sq. in. racquets are futile against Nadal on clay.

So if you want to beat Nadal on clay, you need to switch to a one-handed backhand and a 90 sq. in. racquet. ;)

BOZO
05-17-2009, 09:43 PM
I couldn't agree more ; )

Jchurch
05-17-2009, 09:44 PM
....use a one-handed backhand and a midsize 90 sq. in. racquet. Just like Federer proved today in Madrid. :)

All these other top pros like Djokovic, Murray, Verdasco, Roddick, Ferrer, etc. with their two-handed backhands and big midplus 98-100 sq. in. racquets are futile against Nadal on clay.

So if you want to beat Nadal on clay, you need to switch to a one-handed backhand and a 90 sq. in. racquet. ;)

Finally someone has the right idea

iamgoat
05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
So how did Juan Carlos Ferrero win last year?

IvanAndreevich
05-17-2009, 09:50 PM

Nadal had blisters and was exhausted. Haven't you heard? Oh, and Ferrero obvious hit the ball over the net into the court.

BreakPoint
05-17-2009, 09:50 PM
According to the *********s here, Nadal had a big blister on his foot and couldn't run, so that loss doesn't count. :shock:

TBobLP
05-17-2009, 09:52 PM
if they were using wooden racquets the result wouldve been double bagels!! FOR SURE!

BreakPoint
05-17-2009, 09:55 PM
if they were using wooden racquets the result wouldve been double bagels!! FOR SURE!
Yes, for sure! Against Nadal, the smaller the racquet you use, the better. It's much easier to handle and neutralize his massive topspin. :) :lol: LOL

dh003i
05-17-2009, 10:00 PM
funny thread...

what this post makes fun of is a very silly obsession some have with racket sizes and rackets. Surely, there are some kinds of rackets and sizes (i.e., wood, a 60 sqin, a 200 sqin) that would simply hinder a player. But within a reasonable range (say 85-110 sqin), pros simply pick whats best for their game.

Sentinel
05-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Congratulations Breakpoint !

A Masters shield after a long time, Fed playing good tennis, fewer UE's, almost no shanks, good serves....

luckyguy
05-17-2009, 10:15 PM
have him play first against djokovic so that he'll be zapped already when you play him...

jamesblakefan#1
05-17-2009, 10:25 PM
How did Andreev beat him a few yrs ago then?

BreakPoint
05-17-2009, 10:26 PM
have him play first against djokovic so that he'll be zapped already when you play him...
You mean like the way Djokovic had to play Federer first in the semis in Rome so he was zapped already allowing Nadal to beat him in the final? :shock:

iamgoat
05-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Nadal had blisters and was exhausted. Haven't you heard? Oh, and Ferrero obvious hit the ball over the net into the court.

but i could say nadal was tired.
too many excuses.
my final conclusion: nadal is a noob.

delphi17
05-17-2009, 10:28 PM
final conclusion DJOKOVIC = Exhauster!!!!

BreakPoint
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
How did Andreev beat him a few yrs ago then?
Andreev used to use a nCode 90 and had a one-handed backhand when he beat Nadal. He only recently switched to a Babolat and a two-handed backhand. That's why he can't beat Nadal anymore. ;)

iamgoat
05-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Andreev used to use a nCode 90 and had a one-handed backhand when he beat Nadal. He only recently switched to a Babolat and a two-handed backhand. That's why he can't beat Nadal anymore. ;)

video proof???!?!?!??!

jamesblakefan#1
05-17-2009, 10:36 PM
^^^I think that was his cruel attempt at humor.

Tennis_Bum
05-17-2009, 10:39 PM
According to the *********s here, Nadal had a big blister on his foot and couldn't run, so that loss doesn't count. :shock:

Was there any loss that Nadal suffered at the hands of his opponents really counted? How does that work? He gets all the glory but he never gets penalty for losses? I would like to be in that world if I could. Where do I sign up?

Damn that guy Fed, he should at least try to be more like Nadal so that everything he does is win-win. Even if he loses, he wins.

Your point about the racket is interesting, but I think it has to do more with the guy who is holding the racket not the racket itself. If you put that same racket in anyone's hand, I guarantee you the result will not be the same. It just happened that Fed, with his array of shots and willingness to go for his shots and made them today, won that match in straight set with a 90 Wilson racket. With others, I am not so sure.

I hope Fed could take something out of this win and move forward and give us more good tennis to watch. I don't expect him to springboard his career from this win, but I hope he can relive those great tennis that he has displayed in the past years. Win or lose, I don't care as much as the great tennis he has displayed for us to watch. Naturally, I would prefer him win, but if the played great tennis and lost, then at least we get to see a great match at least.

lidoazndiabloboi
05-17-2009, 10:42 PM
does that mean I can beat nadal toooo
I use a 90sq in and a one handed backhand
YES I will win the French Open!!

iamgoat
05-17-2009, 10:43 PM
^^^I think that was his cruel attempt at humor.

what a genius.

TheNatural
05-17-2009, 10:56 PM

Fed needs a bigger racket. Youhzny won 6-0 6-1 with his bigger racket when Nadal was tired. Fed barely won against a Nadal who could barely stand up. Just remember who told you that the 90" won't be enough at Roland Garros. ;)

BreakPoint
05-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Your point about the racket is interesting, but I think it has to do more with the guy who is holding the racket not the racket itself. If you put that same racket in anyone's hand, I guarantee you the result will not be the same. It just happened that Fed, with his array of shots and willingness to go for his shots and made them today, won that match in straight set with a 90 Wilson racket. With others, I am not so sure.

Hopefully, Federer's win today in Madrid will finally stop all the threads that pop up here every week that claim that the only way Federer can beat Nadal on clay is to switch to a two-handed backhand and a bigger racquet. :)

BreakPoint
05-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Fed needs a bigger racket. Youhzny won 6-0 6-1 with his bigger racket when Nadal was tired. Fed barely won against a Nadal who could barely stand up. Just remember who told you that the 90" won't be enough at Roland Garros. ;)
Or not.

It seems Nadal is always tired. I guess he's not such a good player after all. Physical conditioning is part of the game. If you can't compete, you can't win. Just like any other part of your game.

vndesu
05-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Hopefully, Federer's win today in Madrid will finally stop all the threads that pop up here every week that claim that the only way Federer can beat Nadal on clay is to switch to a two-handed backhand and a bigger racquet. :)

youre gonna here the oppsite, now that nadal loss ppl will say nadal should switch.

hopefully nadal will be well rested and injury free for the FO bc i wanna see a good final :]

TheNatural
05-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Or not.

It seems Nadal is always tired. I guess he's not such a good player after all. Physical conditioning is part of the game. If you can't compete, you can't win. Just like any other part of your game.

Just remind me what i told you in a few weeks time ok:)

luckyguy
05-17-2009, 11:05 PM
i like! :twisted:

final conclusion DJOKOVIC = Exhauster!!!!

roundiesee
05-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Also, it seems that the only way to beat Nadal when you get to match point is to serve an ace... :)

BreakPoint
05-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Youzhny has beaten Nadal 4 times. Was Nadal dead tired EVERY time? :oops:

BTW, Youzhny has never beaten Nadal on clay because the racquet he uses is too big, but he has beaten Nadal 4 times on hard courts because he does hit a one-handed backhand. :)

luckyguy
05-17-2009, 11:11 PM
but seriously, being aggressive has always been effective against nadal. but it's a two edged sword, you take risks with low percentage shots..it's just that fed was able to execute his plan very well.

35ft6
05-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Nadal wasn't playing that great today but props to Roger. They actually both looked nervous but this time, Roger came out the winner. It was shocking how many unforced errors Nadal made. Haven't seen him play that loosely in a long time.

IvanAndreevich
05-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Nadal wasn't playing that great today but props to Roger. They actually both looked nervous but this time, Roger came out the winner. It was shocking how many unforced errors Nadal made. Haven't seen him play that loosely in a long time.

Really? You just have to look one day back where he made way way more UE's while playing Djokovic.

luckyguy
05-17-2009, 11:54 PM
agree!!

10 chars

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 12:17 AM
Youzhny has beaten Nadal 4 times. Was Nadal dead tired EVERY time? :oops:

BTW, Youzhny has never beaten Nadal on clay because the racquet he uses is too big, but he has beaten Nadal 4 times on hard courts because he does hit a one-handed backhand. :)

Youzhny only beat baby Nadal, Matador Nadal crushed Youzhny every time since except when he couldn't stand in Chennai and Youzhny crushed him 6-0 6-1. :oops: Fed should have done the same thing to Nadal but instead he barely won.

Federer should have done the honorable thing and made a comment like Youzhny did.

Youzhny (http://dailysportsscoop.wordpress.com/2008/01/06/chennai-youzhny-dismantles-nadal/): “Rafa was not Rafa. I did not win today, it was Rafa who lost. I did not expect it to be so easy. I was lucky as he just couldn’t move and couldn’t play.

Fed needs at least a 100" racket to compete with Nadal at Roland Garros.

35ft6
05-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Really? You just have to look one day back where he made way way more UE's while playing Djokovic.Fine, then he didn't play very good two days in a roll. And on top of that, don't care what another thread says, he looked tired today. It's not just the physical toll of a hotly contested 4 hour match on clay, but the emotional exhaustion. He could still run but his footwork on his shots wasn't as meticulous as it usually is. From what I saw, I don't think Fed played awesome either, but he was clutch when he needed and his approach was spot on. At the end, they both seemed nervous. The tide seemed to be turning mostly on strange unforced errors. Strange for these two greats.

TennisInPleasanton
05-18-2009, 12:22 AM

have him play against an inspired djokovic (the Rome final was uninspired even with a first set tie break)

BreakPoint
05-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Youzhny only beat baby Nadal,
Um....Nadal was a "baby" at the '06 US Open and at '07 Dubai? Wasn't he already a two-time French Open champion? :-? :oops:

jamesblakefan#1
05-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Youzhny only beat baby Nadal, Matador Nadal crushed Youzhny every time since except when he couldn't stand in Chennai and Youzhny crushed him 6-0 6-1. :oops: Fed should have done the same thing to Nadal but instead he barely won.

Federer should have done the honorable thing and made a comment like Youzhny did.

Youzhny (http://dailysportsscoop.wordpress.com/2008/01/06/chennai-youzhny-dismantles-nadal/): “Rafa was not Rafa. I did not win today, it was Rafa who lost. I did not expect it to be so easy. I was lucky as he just couldn’t move and couldn’t play.

Fed needs at least a 100" racket to compete with Nadal at Roland Garros.

Wait so now every Nadal loss before 2007 automatically doesn't count? Well I guess that wipes out two of his FO titles.

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Wait so now every Nadal loss before 2007 automatically doesn't count? Well I guess that wipes out two of his FO titles.

Why didn't Fed crush Nadal like Youzhny did when Nadal was tired.:oops: I guess the 90" racket didn't help. :shock:

BreakPoint
05-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Why didn't Fed crush Nadal like Youzhny did when Nadal was tired.:oops: I guess the 90" racket didn't help. :shock:
Um...because:

1) Nadal wasn't tired, not nearly as much as Chennai.
2.) This is still red clay, not a hardcourt.
3.) This is in his home country of Spain, not some far away place like India.

:oops:

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Um...because:

1) Nadal wasn't tired, not nearly as much as Chennai.
2.) This is still red clay, not a hardcourt.
3.) This is in his home country of Spain, not some far away place like India.

The country doesn't matter. The tiredness is what mattered.

He was probably more tired than Chennai. How else can you explain easy misses like that easy backhand down the line he missed with Fed at 5-4 15-40 2nd set :oops:

And Nadal said the courts were almost like playing on a different surface so Fed didn't really beat Nadal on real clay. Fed should have done what Youhzny did. :oops:

Mark my words 90" won't be enough at Roland Garros.:)

jamesblakefan#1
05-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Clay is supposedly easier on the body, so why would he possibly be more tired? And are you saying Nadal is more capable playing tired on HC than clay, his best surface? You have no logic.

And he played more pts vs Moya (274) than he did vs Djokovic (245). Add to that the fact that the Moya match was longer, and you lose your argument completely about Federer.

BreakPoint
05-18-2009, 12:59 AM

He was probably more tired than Chennai. How else can you explain easy misses like that easy backhand down the line he missed with Fed at 5-4 15-40 2nd set

And Nadal said the courts were almost like playing on a different surface so Fed didn't really beat Nadal on real clay. Fed should have done what Youhzny did.

Epic FAIL!!!

EVERY time Nadal loses, it was the surface or he was too tired. You must think Nadal really sucks if you think the only surface he's capable of winning on is super slow red clay, and also that he's totally out of shape and conditioning. Maybe he should just give up pro tennis? According to you, he's not cut out for it. :cry: :oops:

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Epic FAIL!!!

EVERY time Nadal loses, it was the surface or he was too tired. You must think Nadal really sucks if you think the only surface he's capable of winning on is super slow red clay, and also that he's totally out of shape and conditioning. Maybe he should just give up pro tennis? According to you, he's not cut out for it. :cry: :oops:

In his interview Nadal said that those that didn't see how tired he was in the final due to playing 4 hours the day before are blind :oops:

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Clay is supposedly easier on the body, so why would he possibly be more tired? And are you saying Nadal is more capable playing tired on HC than clay, his best surface? You have no logic.

And he played more pts vs Moya (274) than he did vs Djokovic (245). Add to that the fact that the Moya match was longer, and you lose your argument completely about Federer.

Ok you win, he was roughly equally tired as in the Youzhny match:lol:

BreakPoint
05-18-2009, 01:25 AM
In his interview Nadal said that those that didn't see how tired he was in the final due to playing 4 hours the day before are blind
Oh yeah, since you're so good at finding interview links, show us the link. You can't because HE NEVER SAID IT! :-? :oops:

BTW, Federer also said in his interview that he was dead tired in the final because he had to play one more entire match than Nadal, and because he had to play the late night semi against Del Potro the night before while Nadal was done with his match hours before and was already in bed in his hotel room resting and watching the Federer semi on TV. :roll: :oops:

jamesblakefan#1
05-18-2009, 01:26 AM
So Fed should have double bageled Nadal on not real/real clay. You have no thought process.

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Oh yeah, since you're so good at finding interview links, show us the link. You can't because HE NEVER SAID IT! :-? :oops:

BTW, Federer also said in his interview that he was dead tired in the final because he had to play one more entire match than Nadal, and because he had to play the late night semi against Del Potro the night before while Nadal was done with his match hours before and was already in bed in his hotel room resting and watching the Federer semi on TV. :roll:

Link: Nadal: "Este torneo no tiene nada que ver con París"
(http://www.europapress.es/deportes/tenis-00166/noticia-tenis-madrid-nadal-torneo-no-tiene-nada-ver-paris-20090517201859.html)

MADRID, 17 May. (EUROPA PRESS) -

El tenista español Rafa Nadal aseguró que haber perdido hoy la final del Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open no le afectará en su puesta a punto para Roland Garros, donde aspira a entrar en la historia como el primer jugador con cinco títulos consecutivos, y restó importancia al hecho de haber jugado ayer cuatro horas pues consideró que hoy Roger Federer fue muy superior.

El número uno del mundo no cree que el resultado de hoy tenga mucha repercusión ni en su juego ni en el de Federer. "Ya lo diré en tres semanas, ya lo veremos ahí porque adivino no soy. Para mí este torneo no tiene nada que ver con París. Es mi sensación personal, no estoy diciendo que vaya a jugar mejor en París, pero es casi otras superficie", afirmó en rueda de prensa.

A pesar de la larga semifinal que disputó ayer ante Djokovic afirmó que no quería "poner excusas". "Si estoy cansado es porque jugué más de lo debido y él menos. Es una putada (sic) haber jugado cuatro horas ayer. El que no lo quiera ver, está ciego. Él jugó una hora y media porque jugó mejor. Una vez toca a uno y otra a otro. Estuvo a un gran nivel y la pista estaba rápida cuando estás falto de chispa, te cuesta volver. Él aplicó una buena táctica y ha sido mejor que yo, nada más", apuntó.

El manacorí no quiere entrar en especulaciones sobre qué sucederá en el segundo 'grande' del año, pero no duda "en firmar" una nueva final allí con Federer. "Veremos quién llega a la final, eso de entrada. Federer tiene potencial para ganar en París y en cualquier sitio del mundo, lo ha demostrado toda su carrera. Es uno de los grandes favoritos, pero la realidad es que París empieza en primera ronda y no en la final aunque ojalá jugara contra él", recalcó.

En cuanto al duelo de hoy, reconoció que no podía sacar nada "positivo". "Ha sido un partido que hay poco que analizar. Me ha hecho un 'break' y otro 'break' y me he ido a casa. No me ha dejado mis pequeñas opciones con mis dos bolas de 'break' al comienzo, que yo estaba jugando mejor y con el último 15-40 se me fueron dos reveses que podrían haber entrado. Pero quiero felicitarle porque estuvo más entonado. Contra Federer o juegas al cien por cien o es casi imposible", aseguró.

Nadal lamentó haber dado demasiadas oportunidades al de Basilea. "Hay situaciones que en tierra normal no son puntos y aquí sí. Me costaba restar y él restaba mejor. Me faltaba esa milésima de segundo que en cualquier deporte marca la diferencia entre estar o no en condiciones. Contra Federer, sin estar al cien por cien es muy, muy difícil. Se ha merecido ganar mucho más que yo", indicó.

"ME SENTÍA APLATANADO".

El balear, que explicó que viajará a París el próximo miércoles, zanjó las especulaciones sobre su estado físico, después de haber solicitado ayer asistencia médica en el duelo de 'semis'. "Estoy muy bien de las rodillas, no he sentido molestias. Pero estaba un poco vacío de energía. Me notaba aplatanado, después de esa adrenalina de ayer, sin un día en medio es difícil recuperarse. Así que ahora voy a descansar unos días", comentó.

Por otra parte, no dudó en destacar como lo mejor del torneo "el ambiente" que consideró "espectacular" y la Pista Central, pero también considera que hay cosas que deben mejorar y quiso hacer una crítica constructiva.

"En una instalación nueva, que se ha invertido tanto dinero y lo tiene todo, es una pena no tener unos vestuarios más espaciosos y que sean blancos, que siempre se ve más la suciedad, desde mi punto de vista, sobre todo cuando juegas en tierra. Las pistas de entrenamiento han estado bastante mal. Pero ha sido un 'torneazo' y tiene potencial. Lo que le falta es historia para ser el mejor después de Roland Garros y tiene el potencial para serlo. Y tiene lo más importante, que es la gente, que viene todos los días", valoró.

BreakPoint
05-18-2009, 02:08 AM
^^^^
And where's the part about being "blind"? :oops:

So you do believe Nadal is not cut out to be a pro tennis player because he's so out of shape. I see. Maybe he can give Gil Reyes a call and skip the French Open and spend some time in Las Vegas instead? According to you, he'll probably be too tired by the time he makes it to the FO final anyway so why bother? :roll:

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 02:13 AM
ciego= blind :oops:

use an online translator. I already highlighted the parts you need for you.

They have rest days between matches at the Slams, so no problems.:oops:

^^^^
And where's the part about being "blind"? :oops:

So you do believe Nadal is not cut out to be a pro tennis player because he's so out of shape. I see. Maybe he can give Gil Reyes a call and skip the French Open and spend some time in Las Vegas instead? According to you, he'll probably be too tired by the time he makes it to the FO final anyway so why bother? :roll:

BreakPoint
05-18-2009, 02:24 AM
ciego= blind :oops:

use an online translator. I already highlighted the parts you need for you.

They have rest days between matches at the Slams, so no problems.:oops:
Um...Nadal didn't say he was tired. He only said that he played a longer match than Federer because Federer played better in his match. He then went on to say that Federer won because he played better, PERIOD! "Nothing else" :oops:

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 03:03 AM
Um...Nadal didn't say he was tired. He only said that he played a longer match than Federer because Federer played better in his match. He then went on to say that Federer won because he played better, PERIOD! "Nothing else" :oops:

You need glasses. Read ALL the bold text. not 2 words out of all of it. :roll:

mandy01
05-18-2009, 03:23 AM
You need glasses. Read ALL the bold text. not 2 words out of all of it. :roll:
excuses, excuses :roll:
You fail.Big time.:mrgreen:

Dilettante
05-18-2009, 03:29 AM

You're incredible.

stormholloway
05-18-2009, 03:42 AM
funny thread...

what this post makes fun of is a very silly obsession some have with racket sizes and rackets. Surely, there are some kinds of rackets and sizes (i.e., wood, a 60 sqin, a 200 sqin) that would simply hinder a player. But within a reasonable range (say 85-110 sqin), pros simply pick whats best for their game.

You're in the wrong forum I think. Logic doesn't belong in General Pro Player Discussion.

sh@de
05-18-2009, 04:28 AM
You're in the wrong forum I think. Logic doesn't belong in General Pro Player Discussion.

Nope. He's just in the wrong site. Logic doesn't belong at TW forums. :D

drakulie
05-18-2009, 06:23 AM

Quoted for the truth.!!!

sureshs
05-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Fed did not play against Djokovic or Murray. Instead he got gracious losers like Roddick and Del Potro, who are waiting for an excuse to lose to Fed. If he had encountered Djokovic or Murray, he would have been eliminated then and there, as he doesn't have the mental strength to face them. All said and done, Rafa is humble and not an in-your-face character like Djokovic or Murray. They would have trash talked about Fed the day before, and Fed would have collapsed.

drakulie
05-18-2009, 07:12 AM
Fed did not play against Djokovic or Murray. Instead he got gracious losers like Roddick and Del Potro, who are waiting for an excuse to lose to Fed. If he had encountered Djokovic or Murray, he would have been eliminated then and there, as he doesn't have the mental strength to face them. All said and done, Rafa is humble and not an in-your-face character like Djokovic or Murray. They would have trash talked about Fed the day before, and Fed would have collapsed.

I agree, he only has the "mental strength" to beat a weak-minded Rafa.

Blade0324
05-18-2009, 07:17 AM
BP, Congratulations on being the biggest moron on the face of earth. Although I'm not sure you are even living on earth. Your comments lead me to believe that you have no concept of reality whatsoever. I have never been inclined to put someone on ignor but you have made the list. I simply am dumber for having read your posts so I can't continue to dilute my mind with your incessent babbling about nothing.

sureshs
05-18-2009, 07:25 AM
As Agassi said recently, Nadal is on track to win the big ones, i.e., Career and Grand Slams and get into the league of greats like Agassi and Laver, leaving the 1-dimensional minor league of Sampras and Federer behind.

He is not going to let himself get injured trying to win all clay tournaments before RG while Fed stays fresh by losing in earlier rounds in most of them.

Blade0324
05-18-2009, 12:34 PM
As Agassi said recently, Nadal is on track to win the big ones, i.e., Career and Grand Slams and get into the league of greats like Agassi and Laver, leaving the 1-dimensional minor league of Sampras and Federer behind.

He is not going to let himself get injured trying to win all clay tournaments before RG while Fed stays fresh by losing in earlier rounds in most of them.

Well said. Absolute truth about Fed and Samprass.

BreakPoint
05-18-2009, 12:52 PM
BP, Congratulations on being the biggest moron on the face of earth. Although I'm not sure you are even living on earth. Your comments lead me to believe that you have no concept of reality whatsoever. I have never been inclined to put someone on ignor but you have made the list. I simply am dumber for having read your posts so I can't continue to dilute my mind with your incessent babbling about nothing.
Has Djokovic, Murray, Verdasco or Roddick ever beaten Nadal on clay? Nope.

What kind of racquets do they use? Big 97-100 sq. in. midplus racquets. What kind of backhands do they hit? Oh yeah, two-handed backhands.

Has Federer ever beaten Nadal on clay? Yes, TWICE!

What kind of racquet does he use? A small 90 sq. in. MIDSIZE racquet. What kind of backhand does he hit? Oh, yeah, a ONE-handed backhand.

You use whatever works. :)

35ft6
05-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Clay is supposedly easier on the body, so why would he possibly be more tired?It's the least jarring on the body, but despite that, it has the longest points, requires the most running, and is the most demanding in terms of cardio.

Jchurch
05-18-2009, 01:49 PM
does that mean I can beat nadal toooo
I use a 90sq in and a one handed backhand
YES I will win the French Open!!

Can you get me ticket to next years FO then =)

wangs78
05-18-2009, 01:57 PM

It's pretty pathetic that Fedhaters argue that top 10 players who lose to Fed only lose because they are looking to lose or respect Fed too much or what not. They lose because Fed plays better. These players (Roddick, Del Potro) don't just roll over. By your argument then, Roger loses to Nadal because he just gives up from the start or maybe he respects Rafa too much and therefore loses these matches. That being the case, then Rafa shouldn't get credit for all those wins against Roger right? It's only because Fed's just "waiting for an excuse" to lose to Rafa. Such a childish and moronic argument.

HodeClassicMP
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
I bet it gonna be a WW3 if Mojo's here! lolz...

Anyways, great win for Federer, this will give him more confidence to the French Open... Congrats!

harryz
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Two qualities lacking on these boards, and on this thread in particular. Don't people get that the OP was just having a bit of fun? Seems that most posters here (I'm willing to bet that 90%+ are under 20 yrs old) have no sense of irony and don't get sarcasm. Hence the constant flame wars.

And back to the point-- the way to beat Nadal on clay is to serve and volley all the time on second serves. Fed was really successfull doing that and keeping the points short. Nadal's supposed tiredness wasn't really the issue; after all, the match only last about an hour and a half. Fed kept the points short. Would Nadal have seemed so tired if there had been longer rallies?

That being said, his legs were clearly shot. He hit one second serve in the bottom of the net, for crying out loud.

And still-- a 90 sq in frame and 1HBH are clearly required to beat Nadal on clay.

Tennis_Bum
05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Two qualities lacking on these boards, and on this thread in particular. Don't people get that the OP was just having a bit of fun? Seems that most posters here (I'm willing to bet that 90%+ are under 20 yrs old) have no sense of irony and don't get sarcasm. Hence the constant flame wars.

And back to the point-- the way to beat Nadal on clay is to serve and volley all the time on second serves. Fed was really successfull doing that and keeping the points short. Nadal's supposed tiredness wasn't really the issue; after all, the match only last about an hour and a half. Fed kept the points short. Would Nadal have seemed so tired if there had been longer rallies?

That being said, his legs were clearly shot. He hit one second serve in the bottom of the net, for crying out loud.

And still-- a 90 sq in frame and 1HBH are clearly required to beat Nadal on clay.

He hit the serve to bottom of net because of pressure not fatigue.. He also did that with Djoko too.

Tennis_Bum
05-18-2009, 02:51 PM

Yes, I get tired reading those stupid threads myself. But they kept popping up. And threads about Fed needing a coach too. Why is there no threads mentioning about a coach suddenly? Does Fed need a coach to play on ATP tour anymore? Who the hell does he think he is playing without one? Damn that guy Fed.

BreakPoint
05-18-2009, 04:03 PM

Thank you very much, harryz! :)

I'm glad some people here actually "get it". :)

How many threads have we seen on these boards over the past 5 years that insisted that the only way Federer has even a remote chance of beating Nadal on clay is to switch to a larger midplus racquet and/or switch to a two-handed backhand? It seems like there's a new one every day.

BreakPoint
05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
He hit the serve to bottom of net because of pressure not fatigue.. He also did that with Djoko too.
When Nadal missed that 2nd serve against Djokovic, the ball didn't even make it to the bottom of the net. It fell like two feet in front of Nadal because Nadal barely made contact with the ball. :shock:

Even the commentators said that they've never, ever seen any pro almost completely whiff a second serve like that. I know I haven't. :)

Ripster
05-18-2009, 05:58 PM

He was probably more tired than Chennai. How else can you explain easy misses like that easy backhand down the line he missed with Fed at 5-4 15-40 2nd set :oops:

And Nadal said the courts were almost like playing on a different surface so Fed didn't really beat Nadal on real clay. Fed should have done what Youhzny did. :oops:

I guess Nadal should change his game then by playing more aggressively if he's always "too tired to play the final". You can't use this as an excuse sorry.

drakulie
05-18-2009, 06:56 PM
The tiredness is what mattered.

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w330/ajx23_2008/funny.gif

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w330/ajx23_2008/funny.gif

Thanks for marking my words so we can discuss which size frame Fed needs to use when he gets whipped at Roland Garros:)

drakulie
05-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks for marking my words so we can discuss which size frame Fed needs to use when he gets whipped at Roland Garros:)

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z312/AmyAlways/Owned.gif

Sentinel
05-18-2009, 08:01 PM

So a sense of irony and sarcasm develop after the age of 20 ??

I learn something new on this forum every year :)

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Drakulie

A lot of people will find that violent imagery disturbing. I'd take it down.:oops:

TheNatural
05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z312/AmyAlways/Owned.gif

I'm referring to this one, who wants to see a little kid getting abused.A little ******** isn't it? :shock:

Storm_Kyori
05-18-2009, 08:36 PM
According to the Tennis Magazine, the way to beat Nadal is if you're Gael Monfils. I really don't think he has a chance against him, but we shall see this year at RG.

Wonder what he is saying? Just a note, you kinda made it worse by quoting it.

BreakPoint
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
According to the Tennis Magazine, the way to beat Nadal is if you're Gael Monfils. I really don't think he has a chance against him, but we shall see this year at RG.

Hmmm...they may be right because Monfils does use a 90 sq. in. Head Prestige Mid. :)

harryz
05-18-2009, 10:20 PM
are not the province of people over 20. I never said that. I just speculated about the age of posters on this thread, and these pages in general. And for what it's worth, the OP seemed surprised that more people didn't "get it." Call me "ageist." It would probably be true.