PDA

View Full Version : A sensful thread

Rainalkar
05-18-2009, 03:33 AM
Have you ever seen anyone play as agressive as Federer did yesterday successfully, versus a great clay courter, on clay?

If you did, state the match.

aphex
05-18-2009, 05:19 AM
yeah, he played sensfully:)

sureshs
05-18-2009, 05:24 AM
Federer almost let Nadal back in by fumbling in the last games. He netted an easy volley. The reason he got away with it was that Nadal was tired due to playing more matches on clay during the season, while Fed lost in earlier rounds. I think the fundamental defects of his game, like running around his backhand and leaving the entire court open, hitting backhands weak and short, and choking when ahead, have not changed. Only change was Rafa handed him the match.

DarthFed
05-18-2009, 05:49 AM
He came up with two aces under pressure...and fed only early loss was monte carlo he made the semis of everything else

joeri888
05-18-2009, 06:34 AM
YES!

Roger Federer against Rafael Nadal in the second and third set in Hamburg 2007, other than that.. NO

Rainalkar
05-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Personally, I have never seen anyone play as aggressively, and actually pulling it off. I cannot imagine anyone in the last 20 years having a remote chance of playing as such and not falling apart to mass of UEs vs such an opponent.

Satch
05-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Personally, I have never seen anyone play as aggressively, and actually pulling it off. I cannot imagine anyone in the last 20 years having a remote chance of playing as such and not falling apart to mass of UEs vs such an opponent.

yes, we can agree that Rafa played very bad yesterday, thanks.

pound cat
05-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Have you ever seen anyone play as agressive as Federer did yesterday successfully, versus a great clay courter, on clay?

If you did, state the match.

Sorry, but I have no idea what "sensful" means. It isn't in any English dictionary.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 03:15 PM
I think there is still more in him and he can be even more aggressive than he was at Madrid. He just can't back off even after a few errors. If he's on and in the zone, he can do it.