PDA

View Full Version : BASICALLY the ONLY difference between fed 04-07 and NOW is BREAK POINT CONVERSION!!!!

wow246
05-18-2009, 03:57 AM
If you look at his conversion ration between 04-07 and 08-09 there is a HUGE difference. He seems to choke on break points maby something to do with confidence.

Think of wimbledon 08 and AO09 he had MANY MANY break point chances and converted maby like 3 in 10 SETS combined the fed of old would be close to 60% conversion especially in the BIG MATCHES.

Yea today was a good win but the real test as everyone knows comes at RG and even more is DJOKER is in his draw. He will be hoping for murray casue murray well let's just say sux on clay right now!!!!!!!!

Jimmyk459
05-18-2009, 04:04 AM
agreed. -Exception- But the reason he won in Madrid was because he was really good on break points.

l_gonzalez
05-18-2009, 04:25 AM
at the very top that is essentially what it comes down to. if you can free your mind and free your arm on the break points and look to win them instead of waiting for the error, more often than not you will come out on top.

The guys are so evenly matched that it really comes down to a couple of points here and there, even in what seems like relatively comfortable matches.

mzzmuaa
05-18-2009, 08:33 AM
Against Nadal it was compounded with the fact that Nadal is ridiculous on BPs.

wangs78
05-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Brilliant post. This obvious yet overlooked matter is a big part of Fed's recent "disappointments". And mind you, he still gets plenty of break chances in a match, he just blows many of them. Of all players, Fed seems to be the only one who can go up Love-40 and still not break. Granted I tend to watch Fed matches more than other players and maybe Fed can go up Love-40 more often than others, but still, it's mind boggling when I see him blow a triple break point. But he seems to do so and when he does I just want to yell and scream, meanwhile Fed just has this feeble expression on his face that is even more aggravating.

sureshs
05-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Why did Breakpoint convert?

akv89
05-18-2009, 11:23 AM
If you look at his conversion ration between 04-07 and 08-09 there is a HUGE difference. He seems to choke on break points maby something to do with confidence.

Think of wimbledon 08 and AO09 he had MANY MANY break point chances and converted maby like 3 in 10 SETS combined the fed of old would be close to 60% conversion especially in the BIG MATCHES.

Yea today was a good win but the real test as everyone knows comes at RG and even more is DJOKER is in his draw. He will be hoping for murray casue murray well let's just say sux on clay right now!!!!!!!!

Might be a factor, but his break point conversion rate didn't really drop that much. Currently it is 45% which is quite high for anybody. I don't know how good it was in his prime but it can't be much more than this.
I think the decrease in his footwork, quickness, explosiveness, and consistency of his first serve are better reasons behind his recent troubles.

raiden031
05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
I think the biggest difference between victory for Nadal or Fed is that Nadal plays better under pressure than Fed does. Fed has more skills and creates more opportunities, but blows many of them by choking. Nadal of course takes advantage of nearly every opportunity he has. When Fed is confident I would always put him above Nadal, because I think Nadal is sorta reliant on Fed beating himself.