PDA

View Full Version : From a casual fan: Glad RG will be compelling

Sublime
05-18-2009, 06:47 AM
I don't care what the reason was that Federer beat Nadal... fast clay, high atmosphere, tired Nadal, whatever.

At the end of the day, the score line reads:
Federer d Nadal 6-4 6-4, surface: clay

Now the story going into RG is "Can Nadal Win?" and not "Will Nadal drop less than 3 sets the entire tournament?"

As a fan of the game, I'm thankful that there's now a compelling reason to watch RG this year.

Nadal_Freak
05-18-2009, 06:48 AM
Nothing has changed for RG. Nadal will probably not lose a set except maybe to Djokovic.

lawrence
05-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Nothing has changed for RG. Nadal will probably not lose a set except maybe to Djokovic.

*will edit with my comment after RG finishes

joeri888
05-18-2009, 07:11 AM

Hmm.. I'm not sure.. a few weeks ago I'd say yes, but Novak taking a set in Monte Carlo, Verdasco coming so close, Federer actually winning.. I can't see Nadal not winning Roland Garros, but I don't think it'll be as impressive as last year. Could be wrong though

Nadal_Freak
05-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Hmm.. I'm not sure.. a few weeks ago I'd say yes, but Novak taking a set in Monte Carlo, Verdasco coming so close, Federer actually winning.. I can't see Nadal not winning Roland Garros, but I don't think it'll be as impressive as last year. Could be wrong though
Roland Garros is the best clay for Nadal. The courts are both slow and high bouncing. Plenty of time for Nadal to execute his shots and break down players backhands. Nadal seems to move incredibly well there as well. Not too slippery for him.

oscar_2424
05-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Nadal is gonna drop the hammer on Federer

Cesc Fabregas
05-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Nadal will probably get the likes of Verdasco and Djokovic in his draw and Federer will get clowns like Hanescu and Blake.

Sublime
05-18-2009, 07:33 AM

Exactly... I'm not saying that Nadal isn't the overwhelming favorite, but there's at least a compelling story, a reason to watch.

RG is David vs Goliath now... where as before Madrid, it was David vs Wolverine.

deltox
05-18-2009, 07:44 AM
i still give nadal 75% chance to win, with fed and djokovic lingering in with a 10% chance each, the remaining 5% i give to the field like jmdp, davydenko, monfils etc. weird things happen every tournament.

Winners or Errors
05-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Nadal will probably get the likes of Verdasco and Djokovic in his draw and Federer will get clowns like Hanescu and Blake.

Isn't it a bit early to start making excuses about why Nadal will lose? I mean, they haven't even played yet.

icedevil0289
05-18-2009, 08:40 AM
I don't know why people think RG will be any different. Rafa is still the huge favorite. He has the confidence there,the clay is very different from madrid and will favor rafa.