PDA

View Full Version : A Collection of the Best Posts

illkhiboy
05-18-2009, 06:52 AM
You know what I find most annoying about this forum? No it's not the *******s, *******s or the Nalbytarts (me). It's the fact that brilliant posts are often lost in the sea of mediocrity. So I have made this thread to keep a collection of the best posts of the day. I 'll post my favorite one today, and then hopefully everyone else can contribute and we can read up on the most relevant, insightful and fascinating material posted.

Post 1:

By Cyan, a Professional

Last fair win over Nadal on clay was Andreev in 2005 Valencia.

2007 Hamburg and 2009 Madrid he was exhausted.

2008 Rome he had horrble blisters.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=261613&page=4

Bud
05-18-2009, 07:03 AM
You know what I find most annoying about this forum? No it's not the *******s, *******s or the Nalbytarts (me). It's the fact that brilliant posts are often lost in the sea of mediocrity. So I have made this thread to keep a collection of the best posts of the day. I 'll post my favorite one today, and then hopefully everyone else can contribute and we can read up on the most relevant, insightful and fascinating material posted.

Post 1:

By Cyan, a Professional

Last fair win over Nadal on clay was Andreev in 2005 Valencia.

2007 Hamburg and 2009 Madrid he was exhausted.

2008 Rome he had horrble blisters.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=261613&page=4

Now, tell us what you liked about this post.

illkhiboy
05-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Now, tell us what you liked about this post.

Honesty. I'm a sucker for it.

tudwell
05-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Last time Nadal had a smart clay court schedule: never.

svijk
05-18-2009, 07:16 AM
Good idea , Bad pick.

If Nadal won the AO while exhausted, he should have won Hamburg and Madrid too.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 07:23 AM
Good idea , Bad pick.

Nadal didn't "really" win the AO open, only on paper. Fed basically choked and gave it to him. He did not play well at all in the final and still managed to take Nadal (albeit a tired one) to 5 sets. Nadal has been playing phenomenal tennis this past year, that level will not last.

joeri888
05-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Good idea , Bad pick.

+1

10 chars

vtmike
05-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Ohhh great thread! There are soo many...Lemme see,

Federer loves putting maximum pressure on his shoulders and bragging about doing things he has no idea if he can do. I am really making superhuman efforts to refrain from calling him a complete idiot.

He's really setting himself up for intense criticism if he doesn't win it now. What is the benefit of saying that kind of stuff? He will have all the time to say it if he qualifies for the final. Instead of that he's placing the bar really high straight away. His goal shoud be to play a good first round.

This is not smart from Federer. He is getting desperate.

So "I have the game to win the tournament" means he thinks he's not gonna win? You're not making sense either.
If he has the game to win Madrid, let him show it on the court. Bragging about it won't make it true.

Federer is currently just paying off his debt to God for all the luck he got to win the USO 2008. With interest. That was the deal.

Hes ready to win it :D, bring out no 15. MS for Fed hes got this :), no one can stop Fed when hes ready :P

Federer is delusional, just like his worshipers here.
He should worry how to get to Nadal and the finals first, since he is not able to do that as well any more.

Now Fed is looking to win a tourney that is actually set up for him to have an early round exit. I think he sounds like a desparate man that is grasping at anything he can to try and build himself up to feel better. He is really damaged goods mentally right now.

Above posts were a reaction to a Fed interview in which he said that he feels he has the game to win and his goal is to win the title in Madrid. Said that since Madrid higher up is, the balls will be faster and bounce higher,so that will help his serve and he can play aggressively.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Good idea , Bad pick.

In a slam, players play only every other day, players have a chance to recover even after a tough match. In other tournaments when they play every day, they can be affected, less than 24 hours is not enough recovery time.
Anyway there were other factors in Madrid tournament (conditions, amount of playing before arriving at tournament, draw, etc). The bottom line is a win is a win. Good for Federer to have played so well and collected a comprehensive victory at the end. It seems his serve was excellent all week.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 07:42 AM
This post by Drakulie...

No one on this board has "bashed" Nadal more than you or Nadal_Freak. Constantly making him out to be a wuss, and excusing every single error he makes on a court. >>>>

The sun was in his eyes,
he is tired,
exhausted,
he has a blister,
he had a tough draw,
he was forced to play at night,
he wasn't scheduled to play on center courts,
the clay court schedule isn't fair
there aren't enough clay court events
the ATP schedule isn't fair
he is made to play two days in a row
he is being drug tested, etc.

6 excuses from that list were used multiple times yesterday & are being used as we speak... :D

icedevil0289
05-18-2009, 07:42 AM

Above posts were a reaction to a Fed interview in which he said that he feels he has the game to win and his goal is to win the title in Madrid. Said that since Madrid higher up is, the balls will be faster and bounce higher,so that will help his serve and he can play aggressively.

lmao. Oh vtmike, you really are enjoying this, aren't you?

icedevil0289
05-18-2009, 07:43 AM
In a slam, players play only every other day, players have a chance to recover even after a tough match. In other tournaments when they play every day, they can be affected, less than 24 hours is not enough recovery time.
Anyway there were other factors in Madrid tournament (conditions, amount of playing before arriving at tournament, draw, etc). The bottom line is a win is a win. Good for Federer to have played so well and collected a comprehensive victory at the end. It seems his serve was excellent all week.

yeah thank goodness for that! Unfortunately his serve will not be as effective at RG.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 07:45 AM
lmao. Oh vtmike, you really are enjoying this, aren't you?

I just call them like I see them :) No offense :-P

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 07:46 AM

Yes he did score the win and proved his point. I still dislike advance gloating, I dislike it on principle. The final outcome doesn't make a difference. I dislike gloating as much as I dislike making a scene after a loss. They're both reprehensible attitudes in my book and I'll stick by this opinion.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 07:47 AM
^^^ As you should...Good for you :-P

gj011
05-18-2009, 07:49 AM
vtmike is desperate for attention. Just shows a sad state of his shallow mind.

Anyway both of my quoted posts are still true and accurate. It is just hard for someone like vtmike to realize that.

If I am small minded like him, I could dig dozens of his ridiculous posts now, but I have better things to do.

gj011
05-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Yes he did score the win and proved his point. I still dislike advance gloating, I dislike it on principle. The final outcome doesn't make a difference. I dislike gloating as much as I dislike making a scene after a loss. They're both reprehensible attitudes in my book and I'll stick by this opinion.

Very well said.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 07:52 AM

Anyway both of my quoted posts are still true and accurate. It is just hard for someone like vtmike to realize that.

If I am small minded like him, I could dig dozens of his ridiculous posts now, but I have better things to do.

The thread title says "A Collection of the Best Posts " & I really think those are the cream of the crop...

thejoe
05-18-2009, 07:52 AM

Doesn't seem like it from the way you infect this place.

You know what I hate Ver? People who get up on their high horse. Your holier than thou posts are more annoying than anything Fed has to say. You still are yet to convince me that it is wrong to say you have the game to win a tournament.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 08:20 AM

You know what I hate Ver? People who get up on their high horse. Your holier than thou posts are more annoying than anything Fed has to say. You still are yet to convince me that it is wrong to say you have the game to win a tournament.

Agree!!!! +1

aphex
05-18-2009, 08:25 AM

+2

veroniquem: easily the worst poster on this forum

i hate nadal-haterz:twisted:

stop hating on saint rafael please

drakulie
05-18-2009, 08:25 AM

You mean like this????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGyRZptV02s

You really are a Rafa Hater.

aphex
05-18-2009, 08:29 AM
You mean like this????

"you play with such gusto mucho....gusto aaaall the tiiiiiime"

great song!

aphex
05-18-2009, 08:38 AM
"He's gonna get booed anyway when he doesn't win the tournament after saying he has the game to win it.
The only way he has the game to win it is if Nadal and Djoko get eliminated before the final. I'm not even sure if Murray shouldn't be added to the list even on clay.
His first goal should be to avoid lapses of concentration in the first rounds, then to try and finally beat 1 of the big 3. He hasn't shown that he could so far and that would be even more important than winning this particular event given his current situation."

-veroniquem

thanks for sharing your tennis wisdom with us.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Actually what Fed has to say is anything but gloating. It's straightforward honesty. That's why Fed is so refreshing to listen to rather than the same old boring drivel that Nadal has been brainwashed into spewing. When someone is so competitive and ferocious in competition it is completely out of character to say oh so and so is a great player and I "hope" I play well against him when you damn well know you're going to beat him. Fed would say it (or at least allude to it) - this is honesty. It does not necessarily mean it will happen, BUT it is his feelings! Saying what you feel is not gloating. Nadal on the other hand has been trained to pay wonderful compliments to opponents when it's obvious it's just a load of crap - this is lying.

Frankly to believe that any athlete who excessively praises the opponent both before and after the match, is just plain naive. It's being "nice" for the media; just done for the press and public. It's not real. This is why Federer is refreshing. He tells it like it is...to him.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 08:41 AM
^^^ LOL thats a good one!

To aphex

vtmike
05-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Actually what Fed has to say is anything but gloating. It's straightforward honesty. That's why Fed is so refreshing to listen to rather than the same old boring drivel that Nadal has been brainwashed into spewing. When someone is so competitive and ferocious in competition it is completely out of character to say oh so and so is a great player and I "hope" I play well against him when you damn well know you're going to beat him. Fed would say it (or at least allude to it) - this is honesty. It does not necessarily mean it will happen, BUT it is his feelings! Saying what you feel is not gloating. Nadal on the other hand has been trained to pay wonderful compliments to opponents when it's obvious it's just a load of crap - this is lying.

Frankly to believe that any athlete who excessively praises the opponent both before and after the match, is just plain naive. It's being "nice" for the media; just done for the press and public. It's not real. This is why Federer is refreshing. He tells it like it is...to him.

EXACTLY!! and those are the points I have been trying to make for some time now...

vtmike
05-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Federer cant beat Nadal on any surface anymore, let alone in a best 3 of 5.

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aphex
05-18-2009, 08:51 AM
EXACTLY!! and those are the points I have been trying to make for some time now...

come on vtmike...tt is not representative of the real world...

it's fairly obvious that nadal isn't the smartest guy out there...it shows in
his interviews...he is very good in many ways but intelligence is not one of strengths...it's plain to see in his game...he does what he does REALLY WELL-like a well-programmed robot...

vtmike
05-18-2009, 08:53 AM

his interviews...he is very good in many ways but intelligence is not one of strengths...it's plain to see in his game...he does what he does REALLY WELL-like a well-programmed robot...

Ok now don't resort to insults...I mean I am not a fan of his game but Nadal is a great fighter & you have to be blind not to like his intensity! and he is a VERY intelligent player ...You don't get to num 1 & win 6 Grand Slams without intelligence!

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 08:53 AM
You mean like this????

That song was a tribute to Rafa, Rafa himself was not involved in it, I meant gloating about oneself of course.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 08:56 AM
LOL! It doesnt matter if he wins. He probably still will anyway. The fact he has to go 3 sets with Andy freaking Roddick on CLAY already is sufficient to show what a washed up loser he is.

Lets face it. He should retire. He is simply making a fool of himself by continuing to play pro tennis these days.

I am glad I am not a Federer fan. Who would want to support a washed up loser.

Federer has become a total joke. Having to play a tiebreak vs freaking Roddick on clay. Time to retire before he humiliates himself any further, ROTFL!

Some more posts by this guy...honestly some are just disturbing! He comes across as a mental case this one...

But one thing is certain...

http://www.humoursenseupgrade.com/uploads/posts/2008-12/1230200504_84268109cb38fb802a79d28c889b8efe.jpg

aphex
05-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Ok now don't resort to insults...I mean I am not a fan of his game but Nadal is a great fighter & you have to be blind not to like his intensity! and he is a VERY intelligent player ...You don't get to num 1 & win 6 Grand Slams without intelligence!

i guess we disagree...(i didnt mean it as an insult btw)--
to me, nadal has 1 (and only 1) plan which he executes perfectly...
...have you ever seen seen him alter his game depending on the circumstances?

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 09:01 AM
"He's gonna get booed anyway when he doesn't win the tournament after saying he has the game to win it.
The only way he has the game to win it is if Nadal and Djoko get eliminated before the final. I'm not even sure if Murray shouldn't be added to the list even on clay.
His first goal should be to avoid lapses of concentration in the first rounds, then to try and finally beat 1 of the big 3. He hasn't shown that he could so far and that would be even more important than winning this particular event given his current situation."

-veroniquem

thanks for sharing your tennis wisdom with us.
You're welcome. I should have said "eliminated or drained after a mindboggling 4 hour marathon". That was hard to anticipate! I still think Federer would struggle against a fresh Nadal or Djoko on clay (especially if the clay is not super fast). About Murray, I think we've had our answers about his clay level at this point.

gj011
05-18-2009, 09:06 AM
vtmike is yet again (yes yet again) starting flame wars. This is all he does around here. Attack, insult and follow anyone who is not Federer fan. and he calls other people "mental" :roll:

skip1969
05-18-2009, 09:07 AM
i'm not even gonna go there until this thread has a shelf-life of more than a few hours. the amount of house-cleaning that's been going on by the mods has been brutal. some classic nuggets have already bitten the internet dust. i guess the key is to catch those posts before the disappear into oblivion! but you gotta act fast around here!!

aphex
05-18-2009, 09:09 AM
You're welcome. I should have said "eliminated or drained after a mindboggling 4 hour marathon". That was hard to anticipate! I still think Federer would struggle against a fresh Nadal or Djoko on clay (especially if the clay is not super fast). About Murray, I think we've had our answers about his clay level at this point.

you should be gracious in defeat

just admit your mega-fail

thankfully, nadal had a w.o. AND played his semi earlier than roger...

imagine what would've happened if the New King of Clay wasn't as tired...

aphex
05-18-2009, 09:11 AM
vtmike is yet again (yes yet again) starting flame wars. This is all he does around here. Attack, insult and follow anyone who is not Federer fan. and he calls other people "mental" :roll:

are you talking to yourself again?

nobody asked "yet again???"

vtmike
05-18-2009, 09:12 AM

Who's the stalker yet again? :-P

Again the thread is titled "A collection of the Best Posts" & those posts are the best IMHO...btw do you agree with any of Thalivest's posts?

Yes yes...I know its difficult to live with yourself after being called out so many times for trolling & being a hypocrite...but let it go man!! Geez... :)

bruce38
05-18-2009, 09:15 AM

I don't see how you can conclude anything about Nadal's intelligence. He's a young guy, doesn't speak english that well. What he says to the media is what most other players in all sports say, whether intelligent or not. They give fake praise. THIS is exactly why Federer is refreshing he does not do this, he's not a clone. Those who think Nadal is humble or whatever for saying what he says are simply naive to believe it.

VGP
05-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Good posts?

I like reading posts from !Tym.

aphex
05-18-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't see how you can conclude anything about Nadal's intelligence. He's a young guy, doesn't speak english that well. What he says to the media is what most other players in all sports say, whether intelligent or not. They give fake praise. THIS is exactly why Federer is refreshing he does not do this, he's not a clone. Those who think Nadal is humble or whatever for saying what he says are simply naive to believe it.

i don't know man...the way a pro plays his tennis tells me a lot about his intelligence...

jmac is intelligent, santoro is intelligent, federer is intelligent.......nadal is not

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 09:23 AM
you should be gracious in defeat

just admit your mega-fail

thankfully, nadal had a w.o. AND played his semi earlier than roger...

imagine what would've happened if the New King of Clay wasn't as tired...
Actually thankfully for Fed: if Nadal hadn't had the walkover, he may have lost in the quarter or in the semi in a faster match and Fed would probably have lost the final against a fresh Djoko or at the very least have had a tougher final to play. So all in all I think things all worked out to Fed's advantage, which is a good thing for him as he needed that win to restore some confidence and remain competitive against the top players.
Federer is the new king of clay because he won Madrid? Really? Nadal has won 2 clay masters and a 500 this season. Fed will have to work a little bit more to become the king of clay: try 25+ clay titles, 4 RG titles, 5 Monte-Carlo, 5 Barcelona and 4 Rome titles and then he'll be ready for the prestigious coronation.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 09:25 AM
i don't know man...the way a pro plays his tennis tells me a lot about his intelligence...

jmac is intelligent, santoro is intelligent, federer is intelligent.......nadal is not

One could equally posit that Federer is not intelligent (yes some have called it stubbornness, but there's a fine line) for not making the changes to his game required to beat Nadal sooner. I think the kind of intelligence you infer from what a person says is different from the type of intelligence displayed on court.

VGP
05-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Nadal not intelligent?

Whatever.

mandy01
05-18-2009, 09:30 AM

You are no angel here by any means.When I was new I thought you just didnt like Roger but I was okay with you otherwise.You however have proven to be every bit of the troll you are called.Reading some of your posts after the match makes me feel sorry for the fact that I thought you were just another fan who did not like Fed but was good to discuss with on a general basis.And I'm sad it didnt turn out to be so.

bolo
05-18-2009, 09:32 AM

Nice spin. So being respectful to other players is "lying" and yet saying things like I am getting closer on clay blah blah blah (which no unbiased viewer really believed) is telling the "honesty". Glad someone finally expressed that thought for you.

aphex
05-18-2009, 09:33 AM
One could equally posit that Federer is not intelligent (yes some have called it stubbornness, but there's a fine line) for not making the changes to his game required to beat Nadal sooner. I think the kind of intelligence you infer from what a person says is different from the type of intelligence displayed on court.

actually, not at all...i don't know if you follow football (soccer if u r american:))___but in case u do, have you seen messi talk? he doesn't sound very smart...but what he does in the football field tells me he has an extremely high iq...

mandy01
05-18-2009, 09:33 AM

Frankly to believe that any athlete who excessively praises the opponent both before and after the match, is just plain naive. It's being "nice" for the media; just done for the press and public. It's not real. This is why Federer is refreshing. He tells it like it is...to him. Perfect post and I totally agree with you.Out with the politically correct nonsense.:roll:

mandy01
05-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Nice spin. So being respectful to other players is "lying" and yet saying things like I am getting closer on clay blah blah blah (which no unbiased viewer really believed) is telling the "honesty". Glad someone finally expressed that thought for you. Ho-hum..whatever :roll:

bolo
05-18-2009, 09:36 AM

Imo nadal is highly intelligent. All his non-standard responses to press questions are dead on imo. On court, aside from murray he does the most surprising things in points. At least two pros (gilbert and wilander) have rated him to be the best thinker on the court for a while now.

bolo
05-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Ho-hum..whatever :roll:

exactly my reaction to bruce and vtmike's posts. Zero balance and 100% spin, great job those two.

aphex
05-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Imo nadal is highly intelligent. All his non-standard responses to press questions are dead on imo. On court, aside from murray he does the most surprising things in points. At least two pros (gilbert and wilander) have rated him to be the best thinker on the court for a while now.

can i have a quote on that please? thanx

P_Agony
There are many awful posts, but there is only one that really stands out as the definition of trolling. it was gj011 when he said:

"To me bigger trolling is calling Federer Michelangelo than Britney Spears"

Right after I called him out for his trolling he went on and edited the thing, lying he never posted it in the first place.

gj011
You are no angel here by any means.When I was new I thought you just didnt like Roger but I was okay with you otherwise.You however have proven to be every bit of the troll you are called.Reading some of your posts after the match makes me feel sorry for the fact that I thought you were just another fan who did not like Fed but was good to discuss with on a general basis.And I'm sad it didnt turn out to be so.

Same here. You are no angel by any means as well. I am sorry I thought you are a reasonable Fed fan, while you turned out to be yet another (yes yet another) vtmike's minions.

vtmike
Nice spin. So being respectful to other players is "lying" and yet saying things like I am getting closer on clay blah blah blah (which no unbiased viewer really believed) is telling the "honesty". Glad someone finally expressed that thought for you.

To each his own because nobody knows the real truth unless you are close to the players...no need to be so aggressive with me when I haven't even talked with you before!

drakulie
05-18-2009, 09:39 AM
That song was a tribute to Rafa, Rafa himself was not involved in it, I meant gloating about oneself of course.

Turn the volume down and ***watch*** the video. If you don't call that gloating>>> you are blind.

Anyway, nice smacking you around the board, you nadal hater.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 09:39 AM
actually, not at all...i don't know if you follow football (soccer if u r american:))___but in case u do, have you seen messi talk? he doesn't sound very smart...but what he does in the football field tells me he has an extremely high iq...

It doesn't tell you anything about his actual "intelligence". You do know that most jocks in school are not that adept in school, at least insofar as the stereotype goes. And conversely, most nerds are "smart". These stereotypes came about for a reason as do all stereotypes. There is some truth to them.

Regardless, how well someone plays a game does not tell you how well he/she can do calculus or interpret shakespeare.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 09:40 AM
There are many awful post, but there is only one that really stands out as the definition of trolling. it was gj011 when he said:

Right after I called him out for his trolling he went on and edited the thing, lying he never posted it in the first place.

You are such a..............never mind just look at my sig :D

gj011
05-18-2009, 09:40 AM
There are many awful post, but there is only one that really stands out as the definition of trolling. it was gj011 when he said:

What a liar. Tipmestamps proved you were lying on that thread.

And yes. Calling Federer Michelangelo is quite ridiculous trolling attempt.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 09:41 AM
exactly my reaction to bruce and vtmike's posts. Zero balance and 100% spin, great job those two.

Please enlighten me as to what was "unbalanced" about my post. Remember to define what you regard as "unbalanced" before you proceed.

P_Agony
05-18-2009, 09:42 AM
You are such a..............never mind just look at my sig :D

Haha, yes. Sounds like one of his many copy-paste posts.

gj011
05-18-2009, 09:42 AM

Quoted for truth about those. 100% spin and lies. Bruce is yet another (yes yet another) vtmike's troll from his constantly growing green troll army.

GasquetGOAT
05-18-2009, 09:43 AM

LMAO, you of all people have no right to criticize others for being shallow minded. You are the king of shallowmindedness. An embarrassment to all Serbian tennis fans on this board.

P_Agony
05-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Also one cannot forget any of rubberduckies' posts. Sadly for him (her?) he only comes second place to gj011.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 09:45 AM

This is the point! Saying what Nadal says, i.e. being "nice" and praising, is NOT respectful. It actually reeks of disrespect, but Nadal hasn't learned this yet....he will in the future most likely, I don't think he is doing it with malice.

Think about it, you say to a player oh you're so great, have a great game are tough on court, and the go onto trounce that player 6-0, 6-1. What you said was not respectful at all. What you essentially said was "Your game is sooooooo great, yet I still killed you". i.e. look how great I am.

mandy01
05-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Same here. You are no angel by any means as well. I am sorry I thought you are a reasonable Fed fan, while you turned out to be yet another (yes yet another) vtmike's minions. wow..amazing attitude you got there.. :roll: Whatever dude...hoping to get even slightest amount of credit from you is asking for a miracle.And you call others trolls and unreasonable. :roll: Just sad....

vtmike
05-18-2009, 09:49 AM
^^^ All you guys need to look at my signature... :mad:

aphex
05-18-2009, 09:50 AM
It doesn't tell you anything about his actual "intelligence". You do know that most jocks in school are not that adept in school, at least insofar as the stereotype goes. And conversely, most nerds are "smart". These stereotypes came about for a reason as do all stereotypes. There is some truth to them.

Regardless, how well someone plays a game does not tell you how well he/she can do calculus or interpret shakespeare.

i take it that u do not follow football...messi is as farthest from a jock as u can go...

...but his inventiveness and improvisation on the field put his iq in plain sight.

maybe you are confusing intelligence with education?

bolo
05-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Please enlighten me as to what was "unbalanced" about my post. Remember to define what you regard as "unbalanced" before you proceed.

It's unbalanced because there are a significant number of people who would not call what nadal has been doing "lying", it's mostly correct (his comments regarding fed., best player etc.) and ultimately imo it comes out of his being respectful to his fellow players off court. Similarly there are a signficant number of people who would refer to many of federer's comments regarding his chances versus nadal plain wrong/false no matter how much he feels them. So any balanced person would take these factors into account when describing these respective comments.

Ofcourse You picked the pieces that make nadal look really bad and federer look really good. That's basically unbalanced right there: Ignore what makes your argument look bad and trump up the good parts of your argument.

What nadal does is that he leaves some things unsaid, and what fed. does is that he says things that don't totally mesh with reality. But to call one a liar because of that and the other a truthteller is wrong.

P_Agony
05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
^^^ All you guys need to look at my signature... :mad:

Gotta give the guy credit though - he managed, in just a week or so, to turn half of the posters here against him. It takes incredible trolling talent.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 09:56 AM
i take it that u do not follow football...messi is as farthest from a jock as u can go...

...but his inventiveness and improvisation on the field put his iq in plain sight.

maybe you are confusing intelligence with education?

No I don't following football. So I can't say anything about this messi guy.

And no I'm not confusing intelligence and education. Actually, the two generally go quite hand in hand. Of course there are exceptions. If you will now argue that intelligence has nothing to do with education, then I will counter with: intelligence is then an entirely subjective concept - i.e. what you regard as intelligent may be different from what I regard as intelligence and therefore not debateable. Education on the other hand is somewhat less subjective and therefore stands up to more rigorous scrutiny. i.e. if you had to place a bet, you would more likely choose to have the PhD on your side in a game of jeopardy, than the high school dropout. Doesn't guarantee you victory to be sure, but it increases your probability.

bolo
05-18-2009, 10:01 AM
This is the point! Saying what Nadal says, i.e. being "nice" and praising, is NOT respectful. It actually reeks of disrespect, but Nadal hasn't learned this yet....he will in the future most likely, I don't think he is doing it with malice.

Think about it, you say to a player oh you're so great, have a great game are tough on court, and the go onto trounce that player 6-0, 6-1. What you said was not respectful at all. What you essentially said was "Your game is sooooooo great, yet I still killed you". i.e. look how great I am.

No it doesn't, not imo. You can interpret it that way, but that's just misinterpretation. He has noted many many times that federer is the best because federer is no. 1 and federer had a huge ponts lead over him. Nadal for a long time has only been king of clay, his forays into the other surfaces is only a recent phenomena. Let's not forget that.

Now it is no longer true that federer beats him in points but it is still true that federer has a huge lead over him in grandslams and that is what he is referring to now. Also he is still very high on fed., he picked federer to be the favorite at the U.S. open last year, when really everyone and their mother was off the fed. bandwagon.

It's mostly what he thinks and that's the way he was raised imo. If you don't like it, well he can't please everyone. :)

bruce38
05-18-2009, 10:04 AM
It's unbalanced because there are a significant number of people who would not call what nadal has been doing "lying", it's mostly correct (his comments regarding fed., best player etc.) and ultimately imo it comes out of his being respectful to his fellow players off court. Similarly there are a signficant number of people who would refer to many of federer's comments regarding his chances versus nadal plain wrong/false no matter how much he feels them. So any balanced person would take these factors into account when describing these respective comments.

Ofcourse You picked the pieces that make nadal look really bad and federer look really good. That's basically unbalanced right there: Ignore what makes your argument look bad and trump up the good parts of your argument.

What nadal does is that he leaves some things unsaid, and what fed. does is that he says things that don't totally mesh with reality. But to call one a liar because of that and the other a truthteller is wrong.

1) Saying again and again that Fed is the best ever is like a slap Fed's place. It's practically condescending. You must understand very little about human nature if you actually think that Nadal believes in his core that Fed is the best. He does not. He says this for the public. I'm sure he believes he is being "respectful". But he he is not. He will learn in time that he is not. It is actually as I said, quite condescending. Again, listen to it, "Fed you are the best player ever"....next thing you know he beats him at the last 3/4 GS. Again this is in reality saying "Fed, you are sooooooo great, YET I still beat you". i.e. I am greater. This is the truth. And frankly there is nothing wrong with saying this....he should SAY what he feels and believes. What he say in the media right now is just idle chatter that he has been fed (no pun intended).

2) I didn't pick any pieces, I didn't cite any actual examples, so you are wrong there.

3) Again I'm not calling him a malicious liar, I'm saying he does this out of lack of experience or just awareness. He is not lying per se, but what he says turns out to be lies. He could not possibly believe them in his core. This is true of most sports superstars - they just spew out false drivel and false praise (with maybe the exception of this Messi guy whom I've never heard of.).

bruce38
05-18-2009, 10:06 AM
He has noted many many times that federer is the best because federer is no. 1 and federer had a huge ponts lead over him.

Based on this logic, then it follows he can no longer say that Fed is the best, YET he still does, just ask him and Uncle Toni.

bolo
05-18-2009, 10:07 AM
can i have a quote on that please? thanx

I will try to dig them up. Gilbert said it IIRC a couple of years ago in a tennis week interview, he called nadal something like the biggest brain in tennis or possibly a big brain. Wilander has said positive things about nadal for a while, maybe even in something as recent as the S.L. price piece.

No promises because it might take some time, especially the gilbert one. But will take a shot later.

bolo
05-18-2009, 10:11 AM
1) Saying again and again that Fed is the best ever is like a slap Fed's place. It's practically condescending. You must understand very little about human nature if you actually think that Nadal believes in his core that Fed is the best. He does not. He says this for the public. I'm sure he believes he is being "respectful". But he he is not. He will learn in time that he is not. It is actually as I said, quite condescending. Again, listen to it, "Fed you are the best player ever"....next thing you know he beats him at the last 3/4 GS. Again this is in reality saying "Fed, you are sooooooo great, YET I still beat you". i.e. I am greater. This is the truth. And frankly there is nothing wrong with saying this....he should SAY what he feels and believes. What he say in the media right now is just idle chatter that he has been fed (no pun intended).

2) I didn't pick any pieces, I didn't cite any actual examples, so you are wrong there.

3) Again I'm not calling him a malicious liar, I'm saying he does this out of lack of experience or just awareness. He is not lying per se, but what he says turns out to be lies. He could not possibly believe them in his core. This is true of most sports superstars - they just spew out false drivel and false praise (with maybe the exception of this Messi guy whom I've never heard of.).

You know what nadal said when they asked him who the favorite was at the FO. After years of prodding by the press he finally said it doesn't matter what he thinks but the statistics tell you that he has done the best on clay the last several years.

Nadal would have looked quite silly if he didn't say that federer was the best when there was something like a ~3000 gap between him and federer in the points. In fact he would have sounded much like federer has sounded the last several years when he kept saying he was getting closer to nadal on clay. No grounding in reality.

gj011
05-18-2009, 10:12 AM
wow..amazing attitude you got there.. :roll: Whatever dude...hoping to get even slightest amount of credit from you is asking for a miracle.And you call others trolls and unreasonable. :roll: Just sad....

I give credit when credit it due. It was not the case this time.

danb
05-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Stop this thread - instead of having fun people start attacking each other. Lame.
This thread brings out the worst instead of the funniest/best posts.

bolo
05-18-2009, 10:13 AM
Based on this logic, then it follows he can no longer say that Fed is the best, YET he still does, just ask him and Uncle Toni.

Yes he says federer is best in the sense that federer has a lot more grand slams. Is that not true? isn't there a lot of interest/uncertainty in whether nadal's body can sustain his current playing style so that maybe he can overtake federer?

gj011
05-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Stop this thread - instead of having fun people start attacking each other. Lame.
This thread brings out the worst instead of the funniest/best posts.

This thread is a troll thread designed to start a flame war. Not surprised that vtmike was the first to jump and actually start it.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 10:14 AM
You know what nadal said when they asked him who the favorite was at the FO. After years of prodding by the press he finally said it doesn't matter what he thinks but the statistics tell you that he has done the best on clay the last several years.

Then you've proven my point! Thank you. "I doesn't matter" is a lie!!! He does not believe this. He KNOWS he was the favorite and yet could not bring himself to say it. He believes. Saying what you believe is honest, not doing so is.... Not a lie of malice, but due to lack of awareness.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Yes he says federer is best in the sense that federer has a lot more grand slams. Is that not true? isn't there a lot of interest/uncertainty in whether nadal's body can sustain his current playing style so that maybe he can overtake federer?

Then by that logic you believe Pete Sampras is the GOAT?

aphex
05-18-2009, 10:17 AM
wow..amazing attitude you got there.. :roll: Whatever dude...hoping to get even slightest amount of credit from you is asking for a miracle.And you call others trolls and unreasonable. :roll: Just sad....

do not underestimate gj...

he has single-handedly managed to make people on this forum hate serbia and djokovic

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Then you've proven my point! Thank you. "I doesn't matter" is a lie!!! He does not believe this. He KNOWS he was the favorite and yet could not bring himself to say it. He believes. Saying what you believe is honest, not doing so is.... Not a lie of malice, but due to lack of awareness.
I'm sure Nadal doesn't believe he's unbeatable at RG. Nadal is very afraid of losing at each match as Toni himself explained in an interview. Nadal is perfectly aware of how fragile winning is.

bolo
05-18-2009, 10:18 AM

Lack of awareness? what does this have to do with his federer is the best phrases? So what if he dominates clay, he was still way behind on hard courts and a little behind on grass. Again he would have looked insane if he had said he was better than federer with something like a 3000 gap in the points. I certainly wouldn't have been his fan at that point, that would have just been really odd.

bolo
05-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Then by that logic you believe Pete Sampras is the GOAT?

I believe or nadal believes? let's keep the two separate, lol.

IvanAndreevich
05-18-2009, 10:20 AM
I nominate:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showpost.php?p=3437178&postcount=46
No one beats Nadal playing his best.

bruce38
I'm sure Nadal doesn't believe he's unbeatable at RG. Nadal is very afraid of losing at each match as Toni himself explained in an interview. Nadal is perfectly aware of how fragile winning is.

I'm sure he doesn't believe he was unbeatable either. But I'm also sure he knew he was the heavy favorite, and yet could not say it like it is. Fed would have said it. It's the truth. That's the difference between their media displays. One is honest and says what he believes. One condescends (but I think in the case of Nadal this is not intentional).

mandy01
I give credit when credit it due. It was not the case this time.
You never have..you gave him no credit for USO.And on top of it you say mono was an excuse when you hand so many yourself. :roll: Sorry I'm not buying that.When have I ever dissed Novak in any way?
You on the other hand......There's a fine line between an opinion and just vitriolic critcism and its a line you cross too often.
I am not concerned about what issues you have with other posters.Whatever it is,it makes no sense to make vitriolic comments unnecessarily

bruce38
05-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Lack of awareness? what does this have to do with his federer is the best phrases? So what if he dominates clay, he was still way behind on hard courts and a little behind on grass. Again he would have looked insane if he had said he was better than federer with something like a 3000 gap in the points. I certainly wouldn't have been his fan at that point, that would have just been really odd.

Wow, now you sound like Nadal. Still way behind on grass and hard courts? Where you have been fella? See? This is not honest. Recent results prove otherwise.

bolo
05-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Wow, now you sound like Nadal. Still way behind on grass and hard courts? Where you have been fella? See? This is not honest. Recent results prove otherwise.

Allright I am done here. Bye bye.

drakulie
05-18-2009, 10:24 AM

How arrogant of Nadal to have Toni do his talking for him.

Are his mouth muscles too tired he can't talk for himself???? Is Toni his slave boy????

mandy01
05-18-2009, 10:44 AM

Are his mouth muscles too tired he can't talk for himself???? Is Toni his slave boy???? LOOOOOOOL Priceless! :lol: :lol:

Free Toni! :evil:

vtmike
05-18-2009, 10:44 AM
This thread is a troll thread designed to start a flame war. Not surprised that vtmike was the first to jump and actually start it.

Thanks but unlike you I like to give credit where credit is due! This brilliant thread was started by illkhiboy and not me... :D

vtmike
05-18-2009, 10:45 AM
LOOOOOOOL Priceless! :lol: :lol:

Free Toni! :evil:

LOL LOL LOL LOL I am tempted to make that my new sig! :lol:

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm sure he doesn't believe he was unbeatable either. But I'm also sure he knew he was the heavy favorite, and yet could not say it like it is. Fed would have said it. It's the truth. That's the difference between their media displays. One is honest and says what he believes. One condescends (but I think in the case of Nadal this is not intentional).
"condescends"? Why can't you accept he never sees himself as the big favorite, he never thinks the win is "safe"? I think it's a very realistic approach. a win is never "in the bag". Anything can happen in a tennis match.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 10:52 AM

Are his mouth muscles too tired he can't talk for himself???? Is Toni his slave boy????
Nadal didn't "have" Toni do anything, Toni speaks of his own free will.
OTOH I wish somebody would make your posts for you, only chance for them to contain a glimmer of intelligence.

babbette
05-18-2009, 10:55 AM
it's so pointless to have the same arguments over and over again. :lol:

but fun to read at times! :p

As you were people...

mandy01
05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Nadal didn't "have" Toni do anything, Toni speaks of his own free will.
OTOH I wish somebody would make your posts for you, only chance for them to contain a glimmer of intelligence. Same could be said about Luthi..settles the score :cool:

vtmike
05-18-2009, 10:57 AM
it's so pointless to have the same arguments over and over again. :lol:

but fun to read at times! :p

As you were people...

Yup it is fun to bring back all the memories by looking at old posts... :)

bruce38
"condescends"? Why can't you accept he never sees himself as the big favorite, he never thinks the win is "safe"? I think it's a very realistic approach. a win is never "in the bag". Anything can happen in a tennis match.

For you to believe, that HE believes he never sees himself as the favorite is extremely naive. Professional athletes thrive on ego to get where they are. It's natural. He has it like all such athletes. Most lie (this is condescension) about it to the media. Some like Fed call it like it is. Actually Djokovic is also not bad at calling it - he's somewhat honest too. I'm not saying Fed is perfect at it either, he can also get into false praise, but way way less than most. Both do a much better job than Nadal. And yes it is condescending, I already explained why it is so. It's another word for false humbleness.

mandy01
LOL LOL LOL LOL I am tempted to make that my new sig! :lol: So was I ..but I'm happy with my current one and I dont have the heart to change it :lol: :mrgreen: :cool:

woodrow1029
05-18-2009, 10:58 AM
I can't believe there is this much computer access for such arguments at childrens' day care centers..

danb
05-18-2009, 11:04 AM
I can't believe there is this much computer access for such arguments at childrens' day care centers..

LMAO .... :):):)

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:06 AM
You never have..you gave him no credit for USO.And on top of it you say mono was an excuse when you hand so many yourself. :roll: Sorry I'm not buying that.When have I ever dissed Novak in any way?
You on the other hand......There's a fine line between an opinion and just vitriolic critcism and its a line you cross too often.
I am not concerned about what issues you have with other posters.Whatever it is,it makes no sense to make vitriolic comments unnecessarily

You are here since November 2008.

I have given credit to numerous players many times. For example to Murray when he beat Djokovic in Miami and when he got to #3 spot, Nadal on Olympics, Hamburg and Queens wins, not to mention recent Nadal's wins on clay, and yes to Federer for USO 2007 to name one. It is not my fault he was not able to win a title that deserves credit since then.

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks but unlike you I like to give credit where credit is due! This brilliant thread was started by illkhiboy and not me... :D

Read again. I didn't say you started the thread, I said you started a flame war, as usual everywhere you post.

mandy01
05-18-2009, 11:09 AM
You are here since November 2008.

I have given credit to numerous players many times. For example to Murray when he beat Djokovic in Miami and when he got to #3 spot, Nadal on Olympics, Hamburg and Queens wins, not to mention recent Nadal's wins on clay, and yes to Federer for USO 2007 to name one. It is not my fault he was not able to win a title that deserves credit since then. ROFL..OK...I'm done trying to reasonate with you :lol:
I'll leave it there.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Read again. I didn't say you started the thread, I said you started a flame war, as usual everywhere you post.

^^^ What she said... :lol:

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:12 AM
ROFL..OK...I'm done trying to reasonate with you :lol:
I'll leave it there.

Sure. You were just proven wrong. No wonder you want to leave.

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:12 AM
^^^ What she said... :lol:

What I said in my previous post.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 11:16 AM
^^^ btw thethread title says "A Collection of the Best Posts", and I gave them a collection of the best posts I have come across...since most of them are yours, you should be thankful to me for sharing your brilliance with the whole forum...Here are a couple more classics to add to that collection,

Federer is Britney Spears of tennis. Cheesy, pretentious, drama, tears, adolescent delusional fans, once big star and popular, but never real and true, sinking fast.

Federer was quite lucky to win USO 2008. Played emotionally destroyed and flat Djokovic (thank to Roddick) in the SF, and exhausted choking Murray in the F.
Should have been out against Andreev.

It won't happen again.

PS: changing your avatar isn't going to make a difference...people still know your name :lol: ...Who is that? Tipsarevic again?

mandy01
05-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Sure. You were just proven wrong. No wonder you want to leave.
No..you're beyond reasoning. :roll:

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 11:18 AM
For you to believe, that HE believes he never sees himself as the favorite is extremely naive. Professional athletes thrive on ego to get where they are. It's natural. He has it like all such athletes. Most lie (this is condescension) about it to the media. Some like Fed call it like it is. Actually Djokovic is also not bad at calling it - he's somewhat honest too. I'm not saying Fed is perfect at it either, he can also get into false praise, but way way less than most. Both do a much better job than Nadal. And yes it is condescending, I already explained why it is so. It's another word for false humbleness.
"false" is your own interpretation that relies on nothing.

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:18 AM
^^^ btw thethread title says "A Collection of the Best Posts", and I gave them a collection of the best posts I have come across...since most of them are yours, you should be thankful to me for sharing your brilliance with the whole forum...Here are a couple more classics to add to that collection,

PS: changing your avatar isn't going to make a difference...people still know your name...Who is that? Tipsarevic again? :lol:

I am changing my avatar for different reasons than you imply.

Two very good posts by me BTW. Thanks.

icedevil0289
05-18-2009, 11:19 AM

PS: changing your avatar isn't going to make a difference...people still know your name :lol:

wow I am so glad I put him on ignore. I don't know what I was thinking defending him at times. Anyways, would be nice if you could also stop responding to him or ignore him, that way some of us don't have to keep seeing all the hatred he spews out. Defeats the purpose of putting someone on ignore. :)

mandy01
05-18-2009, 11:20 AM
wow I am so glad I put him on ignore. I don't know what I was thinking defending him at times. Anyways, would be nice if you could also stop responding to him or ignore him, that way some of us don't have to keep seeing all the hatred he spews out. Defeats the purpose of putting someone on ignore. :)
Never added anyone on ignore list..but I might consider him for a first and follow your footsteps there :lol:

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:21 AM
No..you're beyond reasoning. :roll:

No, I try to reason with you, but you refuse to be reasonable and to have a normal conversation. Not my problem.

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:22 AM

I guess you are no different than P_Agony. Insulting people you claim you supposedly ignore.

Sure it would be very nice to be ignored by people like you or vtmike. At least reasonable people could have a decent tennis conversation here instead of your constant flame wars.

mandy01
05-18-2009, 11:24 AM
No, I try to reason with you, but you refuse to be reasonable and to have a normal conversation. Not my problem. :lol: :lol: :lol:

vtmike
05-18-2009, 11:25 AM
I guess you are no different than P_Agony. Insulting people you claim you supposedly ignore.

Sure it would be very nice to be ignored by people like you or vtmike. At least reasonable people could have a decent tennis conversation here instead of your constant flame wars.

How did I start a flame war again? All I wanted to do is share your brilliance with the whole world...Is that also trolling in your book? :-?

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:26 AM
How did I start a flame war again? All I wanted to do is share your brilliance with the whole world...Is that also trolling in your book? :-?

Of course it is. Trolling is all you do here.

icedevil0289
05-18-2009, 11:27 AM
:lol:
:lol: :lol:

I cannot believe he said that it is not his fault fed has not won a title since US 2007 that deserved credit and he says that fed and his fans are delusional. Irony anyone? :)

vtmike
05-18-2009, 11:28 AM
I cannot believe he said that it is not his fault fed has not won a title since US 2007 that deserved credit and he says that fed and his fans are delusional. Irony anyone? :)

Delusional is the only thing that fits the bill when I think of him... :lol:

Of course it is. Trolling is all you do here.

Oh this was so much fun! Hope you have fun...See you later!

bolo
05-18-2009, 11:29 AM

here is the gilbert quote I was referring to, found it on another TW thread:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=625704

Gilbert doesn't say nadal is the best, sorry I miswrote, :( but he obviously has a very high opinion of nadal's brain.

Here is a quote from wilander from tennis magazine:
http://www.outsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39959&mode=threaded&pid=359576

I was able to find whole transcripts of old tennis week interviews a long time ago, You might still be able to find the whole gilbert interview on the web with a little bit of effort. But IIRC the part quoted above is the only part with nadal in it. I am sure you can also find many other quotes from wilander about how smart nadal is on court.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Same could be said about Luthi..settles the score :cool:
Does Luthi give many interviews? I thought he was rather discreet.

dr325i
05-18-2009, 11:32 AM

Ahm, why did you edit the "CAVE" comment?

bruce38
05-18-2009, 11:34 AM
"false" is your own interpretation that relies on nothing.

Ummm, actually it relies on simple observation and common sense. Just listen to practically at interviews of professional athletes. False praise everywhere. How could they ALL be saying the same things? Simple. It's a formula they are taught in how to deal with the public/media. It's unnatural/disingenuous responses, which is why they are all the same. Some athletes spurn this brainwashing and actually decide to use their own brains. See Fed.

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:36 AM

I said major title. He deserved credit for Halle and Basel 2008 as well. Ok and for TMC 2007, I forgot that one.

USO 2008 and Madrid 2009 sorry but no, in my opinion.

mandy01
05-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Does Luthi give many interviews? I thought he was rather discreet.
Luthi carrying bags this is :cool:
I thought it was obvious..but whatever :lol:

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:37 AM

Because he is a troll.

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:38 AM

So you just admitted you are a troll. Nice from you for a change.

veroniquem
Ummm, actually it relies on simple observation and common sense. Just listen to practically at interviews of professional athletes. False praise everywhere. How could they ALL be saying the same things? Simple. It's a formula they are taught in how to deal with the public/media. It's unnatural/disingenuous responses, which is why they are all the same. Some athletes spurn this brainwashing and actually decide to use their own brains. See Fed.
You're the one who thinks the praise is fake, on a whim it seems. IMO it's not fake unless proven fake (contradictory statements, leaks from acquaintances, or sly attacks on the side). None of this applies here, so I have no reason to suspect any fakeness nor would you if you weren't so fanatical about it.

dr325i
I said major title. He deserved credit for Halle and Basel 2008 as well. Ok and for TMC 2007, I forgot that one.

USO 2008 and Madrid 2009 sorry but no, in my opinion.

there are two sides of the draw. He was lucky that in both cases the opponent got drained in the Semis... But, there is always an aspect of luck in every win, too, so...

svijk
05-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Feel sorry for the OP....look what happened to the post painstakingly conceived ...may the best troll win!!!:(

dr325i
05-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Because he is a troll.

delete..........

mandy01
05-18-2009, 11:40 AM
You're the one who thinks the praise is fake, on a whim it seems. IMO it's not fake unless proven fake (contradictory statements, leaks from acquaintances, or sly attacks on the side). None of this applies here, so I have no reason to suspect any fakeness nor would you if you weren't so fanatical about it. wow..and you so conveniently go interpreting what appeals to you or what you perceive....and of course,you call others fanatical for what they say based on their interpretations.Sheesh...

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:41 AM
Feel sorry for the OP....look what happened to the post painstakingly conceived ...may the best troll win!!!:(

What did you expect? He was calling for trolls to come to his thread and abuse other posters. The OP is not better himself.

joeri888
05-18-2009, 11:43 AM
So someone has a good idea for some thread to show GOOD posts and it is ruined within seconds. A Nadal fan this time HAD TO come up with fifty quotes of how desperate, pathetic and stuff Federer is, instead of coming up with some posts about tennis in general, a good tactical analysis or something NOT about Federer or Nadal..

It's pathetic, and the bad people here really aren't a minority, at least they really ruin this place

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 11:43 AM
The OP got exactly the thread he deserved.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 11:44 AM

Because he is a troll.

Errrrrr..........

LOL. Interesting that you appear right after the moment I called you out. I bet you would still be hiding otherwise. :roll:

Nadal "moonballing oponents to death" :shock:. Go back to your cave.

Also nobody cares what you or author of that junk article on top, like or don't like.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
So someone has a good idea for some thread to show GOOD posts and it is ruined within seconds. A Nadal fan this time HAD TO come up with fifty quotes of how desperate, pathetic and stuff Federer is, instead of coming up with some posts about tennis in general, a good tactical analysis or something NOT about Federer or Nadal..

It's pathetic, and the bad people here really aren't a minority, at least they really ruin this place
Maybe you didn't read the OP. I suggest you do. The OP's intention was to make fun of posts and posters. Very honorable purpose indeed...

Serve_Ace
05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
wow serbia and france, please flame me, i don't get enough attention at home, please please please. I love Federer omg

P_Agony
05-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Errrrrr..........

Hey vtmike, you should really add a "yet again" to your sig somehow...:)

bruce38
05-18-2009, 11:48 AM
You're the one who thinks the praise is fake, on a whim it seems. IMO it's not fake unless proven fake (contradictory statements, leaks from acquaintances, or sly attacks on the side). None of this applies here, so I have no reason to suspect any fakeness nor would you if you weren't so fanatical about it.

That it is genuine is also your interpretation. That you believe it is genuine is a profound statement on your naivety and lack of understanding of human behavior. Just listen to any athlete before a game - it always leads off with "they're such a great team" or "he's a great player/competitor". Total BS. Does it not make you raise your eyebrow in the least that EVERY one says the same thing? No one believes this behind closed doors. IT's for the naive public like you to paint such a puerile picture of how things really are. It actually applies here quite relevantly. To continue to say someone is the "best" after beating them again and again will only be accepted by the mindless masses. Case in point you. It's not something that can be proven sure, but then this whole board is full of statements without proof.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 11:48 AM
wow..and you so conveniently go interpreting what appeals to you or what you perceive....and of course,you call others fanatical for what they say based on their interpretations.Sheesh...
He's not interpreting. He listens to a guy say "A" and then arbitrarily decides the guy meant "B". That has nothing to do with interpreting, it's projecting at best.

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Errrrrr..........

LOL. I never said there is anything wrong with "go back to your cave" posts.

Twisting what is said yet again.

Serve_Ace
05-18-2009, 11:50 AM
i'm a troll

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:50 AM

This troll is yet again commenting my posts while supposedly "ignoring me". Hypocrite.

vtmike
05-18-2009, 11:51 AM
i'm a troll

Apparently so is gj011!...he should learn from you and finally come out of the closet! :lol:

Serve_Ace
This troll is yet again commenting my posts while supposedly "ignoring me". Hypocrite.

I don't think you know what hypocrite means....

gj011
He's not interpreting. He listens to a guy say "A" and then arbitrarily decides the guy meant "B". That has nothing to do with interpreting, it's projecting at best.

Very well explanation of some peoples behavior here.

Serve_Ace
05-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Apparently so is gj011!...he should learn from you and finally come out of the closet! :lol:

Yeah, sometimes I like to be the bigger man in these types of situations and step up

veroniquem
That it is genuine is also your interpretation. That you believe it is genuine is a profound statement on your naivety and lack of understanding of human behavior. Just listen to any athlete before a game - it always leads off with "they're such a great team" or "he's a great player/competitor". Total BS. Does it not make you raise your eyebrow in the least that EVERY one says the same thing? No one believes this behind closed doors. IT's for the naive public like you to paint such a puerile picture of how things really are. It actually applies here quite relevantly. To continue to say someone is the "best" after beating them again and again will only be accepted by the mindless masses. Case in point you. It's not something that can be proven sure, but then this whole board is full of statements without proof.
I don't interpret, I just believe what he says. You OTOH refuse to believe anything he says for no valid reason. You cannot decide someone is lying just because you feel like it, you need some kind of justification to suspect a lie.

bruce38

Not listening to just one guy. I'm culling all professional athletes in most major sports. When all of them say "A", something is up. They are all of full of BS. Fed is an exception.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't interpret, I just believe what he says. You OTOH refuse to believe anything he says for no valid reason. You cannot decide someone is lying just because you feel like it, you need some kind of justification to suspect a lie.

You mean blindly believe. I am not deciding about him alone. I am deciding based on observing many many in the media. Not just sports either. Celebrity too. The point is most of what you hear in the media is false praise. My justification is it repeats continually! Can all be feeling nice thoughts about everyone else? Grow up.

gj011
05-18-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't think you know what hypocrite means....

hyp⋅o⋅crite  [hip-uh-krit]
–noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, esp. one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

And P_Agony is doing exactly that. Pretending he ignores me, while he constantly reads my posts and insults me.

Serve_Ace
05-18-2009, 11:55 AM
And P_Agony is doing exactly that. Pretending he ignores me, while reading my posts and insulting me.

Gee that's easy enough to get it out of the dictionary, now tell me what YOU'RE definition of a hypocrite is

vtmike
05-18-2009, 11:55 AM

I shouldn't tamper with such brilliant pieces of work...Something so rare can only be seen only once in a while (well agreed it is repeated to death)...but still lets just leave it as is ;)

bruce38
05-18-2009, 11:56 AM

And by the same token you cannot believe what someone says, JUST because they say it. This is the definition of naive.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 12:03 PM
You mean blindly believe. I am not deciding about him alone. I am deciding based on observing many many in the media. Not just sports either. Celebrity too. The point is most of what you hear in the media is false praise. My justification is it repeats continually! Can all be feeling nice thoughts about everyone else? Grow up.
Not blindly but I believe unless proven wrong for believing. Your post seems to imply that all celebrities would have the same character and the same psychological makeup. It's absurd, stars and athletes are as different from each other as you from me or anyone else. They're not all alike just because you've decided so, they come with their own idiosyncrasies (thank god), they're not clones...

gj011
05-18-2009, 12:04 PM
Gee that's easy enough to get it out of the dictionary, now tell me what YOU'RE definition of a hypocrite is

I can just tell you that I'M not a definition of a hypocrite. P_Agony is.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 12:07 PM
And by the same token you cannot believe what someone says, JUST because they say it. This is the definition of naive.
So every time someone tells you something you automatically decide they're lying just because it would not make sense to ever believe them? Quirky :lol:

icedevil0289
05-18-2009, 12:08 PM
So every time someone tells you something you automatically decide they're lying just because it would not make sense to ever believe them? Quirky :lol:

well in the words of Gregory House, "Everybody lies."

joeri888
05-18-2009, 12:09 PM
The OP got exactly the thread he deserved.

Why? Because he picked a trollpost? The idea was very good, because he's right. Good posts sometimes ARE lost in the trolling.. It will just never change, unless they get some serious moderators on here who get every one of them off this board

bruce38
05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Not blindly but I believe unless proven wrong for believing. Your post seems to imply that all celebrities would have the same character and the same psychological makeup. It's absurd, stars and athletes are as different from each other as you from me or anyone else. They're not all alike just because you've decided so, they come with their own idiosyncraties (thank god), they're not clones...

Why do you believe? Just because he said it? This is blind. I'm not saying all celebrities have the same character, I'm saying they all follow the same formula. As does Nadal. How they are portrayed to the public is for the most part alike. Just LISTEN to what they say. It's the same drivel.

bruce38
05-18-2009, 12:12 PM

No I don't automatically decide they're lying, but by the same token I don't necessarily believe it's the be all end all truth which you seem to be doing. Very quirky indeed. In the case here it's not even a question of believing it, just observe and you'll see he's simply regurgitating what all of them say. It's a formula. Nothing genuine in what he says.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Why do you believe? Just because he said it? This is blind. I'm not saying all celebrities have the same character, I'm saying they all follow the same formula. As does Nadal. How they are portrayed to the public is for the most part alike. Just LISTEN to what they say. It's the same drivel.
The only drivel to me is to say you know you're gonna win because you NEVER know. There is a difference between being honest and being stupid. I prefer a non stupid approach personally.

veroniquem
05-18-2009, 12:21 PM
No I don't automatically decide they're lying, but by the same token I don't necessarily believe it's the be all end all truth which you seem to be doing. Very quirky indeed. In the case here it's not even a question of believing it, just observe and you'll see he's simply regurgitating what all of them say. It's a formula. Nothing genuine in what he says.
You have 0 basis that it's not genuine. You decide it's not and other people should just follow your lead for no reason (once again you haven't provided a single convincing argument why it would not be genuine.)

bruce38
05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
The only drivel to me is to say you know you're gonna win because you NEVER know. There is a difference between being honest and being stupid. I prefer a non stupid approach personally.

He never said he was going to win for sure. What's wrong with you? Do you have problems in interpreting english?

bruce38
05-18-2009, 12:29 PM
You have 0 basis that it's not genuine. You decide it's not and other people should just follow your lead for no reason (once again you haven't provided a single convincing argument why it would not be genuine.)

Not 0 basis. You're not reading my posts nor are you apparently observing sports figures in general. Just listen and analyze. It's all drivel. This is not 0 basis. It's not proof either, but it's highly suggestive. My convincing argument that it is not genuine is what I have just said, that they ALL say the same thing. The specific argument he continues to say Fed is the best and is the best when clearly he has overtaken him. This is not genuine.

jamesblakefan#1
05-18-2009, 07:56 PM
He (Nadal) has made it there because he plays weak competition week 1 when it is a true grass court, week 2 it starts to play like clay because the grass is gone.

Grass is not a consistent surface the whole tourney, If they played on a true fresh grass court every match Nadal would have a much tougher time of it.IMO

I am basing the rankings on a true grass court as it would be week 1.

Queens is slow grasscourt not close to Wimbledon in speed week 1. That is the reason Federer doesn't play it.

If we are talking about the grass week 2 at Wimbledon, we are not talking grass that is mostly dirt, and I will say Nadal's ranking is higher at that point.

This is after I point out Nadal's wins vs Djokovic and Roddick at Queens

atennisrand
07-04-2009, 06:47 AM
In particular, how it pertains to Roger Federer. I don't understand how a player who has quite possibly the worst backhand in all of tennis can be considered "the most talented player ever." Huh?

People talk about how he has "so many weapons"...what weapons are these? He has a forehand...and that's about it. Occasionally he'll hit a drop shot and a low slice (so can just about everyone else). His serve is solid and he can win cheap points off it, but it's inconsistent from match-to-match.

In every component of the game, there are numerous players better than him.

Basically, his game breaks down like this:

Serve: Very solid, but not nearly as tough as Ivo Karlovic's. Top 10, maybe.

Forehand: Excellent, but vastly overrated nonetheless. He hits a lot of winners, he also hits a lot of errors. Fernando Verdasco has a way bigger forehand. So does Robin Soderling. Federer MIGHT make the Top 10 in this attribute, but even that's pushing it.

Backhand: As bad as it gets. Not only the worst in tennis today, but quite possibly the worst in the history of professional tennis. Most club level players have a better backhand.

Volley: Federer once said that this was the weakest area of his game. Don't know what he was smoking in that it's nowhere near as bad as his backhand, but Edberg/Henman/Rafter/Sampras he is not. He's merely above average in this area.

Return of serve: Good on the forehand side and absolutely abysmal from the backhand side. He's probably the worst in tennis at backhand returns.

Movement: Exceptional, but he's not as good in this area as Nadal or Monfils.

So again, how does he still manage to be considered "the most talented player ever?" How do you make up for having such a horrendous backhand?

Maybe if he served like Sampras, volleyed like Edberg, had Verdasco's forehand, Nadal's movement, and Agassi's return of serve, it would make up for having such an atrocious backhand. But he doesn't come close.

I've seen so many people talking about how much more talented Federer is and has always been that Andy Roddick, but why? Roddick has a much bigger serve, he used to have a bigger forehand, and he has actually had a better backhand (though weak, it's not as horrible as Federer's). Federer moves much better and volleys better, but that's about it. For me, it's a toss-up. Andy has gotten deep in many tournaments and ultimately lost to Federer in large part because he has folded mentally. That's where Federer beats people the most, not with his actual "talent."

And people say he's more talented than NADAL? Are you kidding? Why, because he hits more winners? Is that all "tennis talent" is about?

Nadal has an equally effective forehand (even if he doesn't hit as many winners with it), a way better backhand, even better movement, a pretty equal serve, equal volleys, and a much better return of serve. Maybe Nadal beats Federer most of the time because he's the better player...you think?

Federer's an overachiever if I've ever seen one. What he has done with a fairly limited game for a top 5 player (considering the glaring backhand weakness) is quite remarkable.

This one is godlike, an epic failure of a thread posted by some disturbed child whom got his *** handed to him when sane people read this post.

Check it out > http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=264947

Some of the responses are hilarious as well :)

formerblakefan
07-04-2009, 07:10 AM
[post deleted]

fed_rulz
07-04-2009, 07:24 AM
In particular, how it pertains to Roger Federer. I don't understand how a player who has quite possibly the worst backhand in all of tennis can be considered "the most talented player ever." Huh?

People talk about how he has "so many weapons"...what weapons are these? He has a forehand...and that's about it. Occasionally he'll hit a drop shot and a low slice (so can just about everyone else). His serve is solid and he can win cheap points off it, but it's inconsistent from match-to-match.

In every component of the game, there are numerous players better than him.

Basically, his game breaks down like this:

Serve: Very solid, but not nearly as tough as Ivo Karlovic's. Top 10, maybe.

Forehand: Excellent, but vastly overrated nonetheless. He hits a lot of winners, he also hits a lot of errors. Fernando Verdasco has a way bigger forehand. So does Robin Soderling. Federer MIGHT make the Top 10 in this attribute, but even that's pushing it.

Backhand: As bad as it gets. Not only the worst in tennis today, but quite possibly the worst in the history of professional tennis. Most club level players have a better backhand.

Volley: Federer once said that this was the weakest area of his game. Don't know what he was smoking in that it's nowhere near as bad as his backhand, but Edberg/Henman/Rafter/Sampras he is not. He's merely above average in this area.

Return of serve: Good on the forehand side and absolutely abysmal from the backhand side. He's probably the worst in tennis at backhand returns.

Movement: Exceptional, but he's not as good in this area as Nadal or Monfils.

So again, how does he still manage to be considered "the most talented player ever?" How do you make up for having such a horrendous backhand?

Maybe if he served like Sampras, volleyed like Edberg, had Verdasco's forehand, Nadal's movement, and Agassi's return of serve, it would make up for having such an atrocious backhand. But he doesn't come close.

I've seen so many people talking about how much more talented Federer is and has always been that Andy Roddick, but why? Roddick has a much bigger serve, he used to have a bigger forehand, and he has actually had a better backhand (though weak, it's not as horrible as Federer's). Federer moves much better and volleys better, but that's about it. For me, it's a toss-up. Andy has gotten deep in many tournaments and ultimately lost to Federer in large part because he has folded mentally. That's where Federer beats people the most, not with his actual "talent."

And people say he's more talented than NADAL? Are you kidding? Why, because he hits more winners? Is that all "tennis talent" is about?

Nadal has an equally effective forehand (even if he doesn't hit as many winners with it), a way better backhand, even better movement, a pretty equal serve, equal volleys, and a much better return of serve. Maybe Nadal beats Federer most of the time because he's the better player...you think?

Federer's an overachiever if I've ever seen one. What he has done with a fairly limited game for a top 5 player (considering the glaring backhand weakness) is quite remarkable.

This one is godlike, an epic failure of a thread posted by some disturbed child whom got his *** handed to him when sane people read this post.

Check it out > http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=264947

Some of the responses are hilarious as well :)

you must have missed the complete U-turn by the poster who posted that drivel. After F0-09, he/she has been waxing eloquent about federer :)